PDA

View Full Version : Updated Gem Gacha System

MagicSpice
04-03-2018, 05:28 PM
New Nike outfit! I wanna POMF her so bad now...

So, how's the revamped gacha treating you? I already had a decent rate at pulling R weapons, but now I seem to pull skill lv fodder even faster...

bonus points for pulling raid items too, meaning you may not have to farm disasters (normal/expert) to start catastrophe (ragnarok) raids... but that pretty much makes them Assault SR fodder and not much more now...

in fact, the items you might actually need the right quests for (all in the SP quests) are the following:

-lithographs (shaped like a hexagon)
-runes
-holy jewel/crystal/star

i also haven't seen these drop in about 150k gems spent, so idk if they're in here:

-high rarity dragon bone (they have the bronze background)

so yeah, gem quests have WAY more worth now... more so the ones that aren't on sunday (cause the gem mobs are mixed with the EXP ones). Sunday quest still has quite a lot of worth, but those 30 min rushes give the best Gem profit anyway outside of events

Laventale
04-03-2018, 05:51 PM
I've been geting a shitton of enhancing mats, idea cores and claws for future kamihime enhancements.

I'm more than happy with the change, now we need to get rid of the N weapons and then we gucci.

Aidoru
04-03-2018, 06:01 PM
Rather annoying imo. Not sure if they removed the draw cap but you get even less R weapons now that its filled with other stuff. Cores are surprisingly common which might come in handy when more Ragnarok raids are released. Though feels bad when you get the gold background and draw enhance material, not that there's any SR himes in it but still.

MagicSpice
04-03-2018, 06:39 PM
Rather annoying imo. Not sure if they removed the draw cap but you get even less R weapons now that its filled with other stuff. Cores are surprisingly common which might come in handy when more Ragnarok raids are released. Though feels bad when you get the gold background and draw enhance material, not that there's any SR himes in it but still.

no, i hit the draw cap on multi pull just now and i started pulling when i made this thread...

so in retrospect, you get a free pull, then can spend up to 110k gems a day.... totals 1101 pulls entirely

also, you're not getting that many R weapons? I went from none to about 110 when i finished my multi draws and i still have 90 of the single pulls to do

and i mean actual R weapons, not the enhancement material ones

Slashley
04-04-2018, 12:35 AM
This change means that maxing ALL your grids is now only a matter of effort, since Gems are an infinite resource.

1. Spend HEs on Gem Quests
2. Spend Gems from Gem Quests in Gem Gacha, get your HEs back+ get a ton of free shit

That's how it starts working starting from about 84 AP, I think. If I did my maths right and each slot is 1% chance of HE.
Sucks to be those who live in EU and have access to four Gem Quests a week, but oh well. It just means that progress is slowed down.
also, you're not getting that many R weapons? I went from none to about 110 when i finished my multi draws and i still have 90 of the single pulls to doSounds like extremely good luck to me. That's more than what you used to get, and I'm pretty sure the R weapon rate is lower than before now.

MagicSpice
04-04-2018, 02:24 AM
Sounds like extremely good luck to me. That's more than what you used to get, and I'm pretty sure the R weapon rate is lower than before now.

i think i managed to pull another 8 R weapons at least (lost count) from the remaining pulls so out of my 1101 pulls in that day, i got around 120 R weapons...

probably is luck, but i never really had an issue of pulling skill level fodder anyway. some 10 pulls net me 3-5 R weapons in a go...

but getting some of the higher rarity enhancement materials is another story... i think i got roughly 10 of each SR type (weapon or eidolon) out of all that and getting stuff like the fangs, higher rarity idea cores, and stuff like half elixirs was even worse rates (i remember only getting 4 half elixirs out of that...).

at some point, i might just record an entire pull session and see what comes out... but clearing inventory will take a moment each time it fills up (i only have 150 weapon slots and 140 eidolon slots... might need more weapon slots soon if i start saving up some weapons i want to use or hold onto)

Kimoi
04-04-2018, 02:48 AM
This change means that maxing ALL your grids is now only a matter of effort, since Gems are an infinite resource.

1. Spend HEs on Gem Quests
2. Spend Gems from Gem Quests in Gem Gacha, get your HEs back+ get a ton of free shit

That's how it starts working starting from about 84 AP, I think. If I did my maths right and each slot is 1% chance of HE.
Sucks to be those who live in EU and have access to four Gem Quests a week, but oh well. It just means that progress is slowed down.Sounds like extremely good luck to me. That's more than what you used to get, and I'm pretty sure the R weapon rate is lower than before now.
4 gem quests per week are enough if you can tryhard them (ie have enough firepower to one-shot pearl/holy with AoE attacks, plus spam reload).

MagicSpice
04-04-2018, 02:55 AM
4 gem quests per week are enough if you can tryhard them (ie have enough firepower to one-shot pearl/holy with AoE attacks, plus spam reload).

this is the reason why i don't run auto party lol

my dark team's buffs would go in an awkward order otherwise... lowering the power of their damage skills

i'd end up having Susanoo nuke before beelzebub gets her atk buff in, and have beelzebub use rampaging before i get bastet's dark atk buff in....

Kimoi
04-04-2018, 04:18 AM
this is the reason why i don't run auto party lol

my dark team's buffs would go in an awkward order otherwise... lowering the power of their damage skills

i'd end up having Susanoo nuke before beelzebub gets her atk buff in, and have beelzebub use rampaging before i get bastet's dark atk buff in....Auto party...?

Dunhere
04-04-2018, 05:20 PM
The usual caveats regarding small sample sizes and anecdotal evidence apply, but in 3 days of 100 10 pulls each, I've gotten 62, 68, and 61 R weapons, or an average of ~64. I don't know what the odds were previously, but this feels lower. The other side effect is that, with fewer chaff drops to resell, less of the gem cost is recouped. I'm not looking forward to having to spend even more time farming gem quests just to keep up.

MagicSpice
04-04-2018, 09:35 PM
Auto party...?

meant to say auto "battle"

might have mixed some game terms since... i'm honestly playing a lot at once...

The usual caveats regarding small sample sizes and anecdotal evidence apply, but in 3 days of 100 10 pulls each, I've gotten 62, 68, and 61 R weapons, or an average of ~64. I don't know what the odds were previously, but this feels lower. The other side effect is that, with fewer chaff drops to resell, less of the gem cost is recouped. I'm not looking forward to having to spend even more time farming gem quests just to keep up.

honestly, i tend to feed N stuff as exp fodder cause it's at least 200 Exp per batch (and i usually can feed 3-5 batches given i can hold 150 weapons and 140 eidolons). never felt the need to sell off stuff to get gem refund cause events still hand out gems like candy... plus the 30 min gem quests feed me about 30k-100k gems depending on how much drops (i get about 3k-7k per run) and how many runs i can get in (cause all the browsers i tried want to be picky, even puffin which runs the best)

also, that's how much R weapons you're pulling? either i'm really lucky or that's really unlucky

Slashley
04-05-2018, 12:44 AM
The usual caveats regarding small sample sizes and anecdotal evidence apply, but in 3 days of 100 10 pulls each, I've gotten 62, 68, and 61 R weapons, or an average of ~64. I don't know what the odds were previously, but this feels lower. The other side effect is that, with fewer chaff drops to resell, less of the gem cost is recouped. I'm not looking forward to having to spend even more time farming gem quests just to keep up.Sounds about right. I think that previously, the average drop on R weapons from 1000 pulls was about 80.

And yes, you'll recoup less thanks to selling the stuff but... think positively! Less Ns means LESS time spent watching that stupid "Connecting..." in the Mass Sell menu after the first batch. Also, recouping less doesn't really matter since Gems are now an infinite resource. Hell, my "break point of 84 AP for infinite Gems" math didn't even include selling anything back...
meant to say auto "battle"The jargon that these forums generally use is AB and AAB, I believe.

AB = Auto Battle (no skills)
AAB = Auto Ability Battle (with skills)

Cobblemaniac
04-05-2018, 04:59 AM
If I were to guess correctly, the skill up materials (chalices? Forgot the name) are gonna drop way more often in larger quantities from event rewards, although not sure about advents?

If so, that would make these materials basically the "compensation" for the decreased R rates in the gem gacha. That said, the way I see it, if you don't exactly have much to limit break at the moment, this gacha system still fares pretty well in terms of giving R weapons considering they also give half elixirs, so that's a matter of pure patience... or luck if you're really short on those. If you're already tight on gems, this gacha does kind of fuck you over.

Until the buff to the gem gacha rolls over, I guess the best methods of getting skill ups goes in this priority:
1. Getting event grails for optimal enhance
2. Getting event SRs (especially from raid gacha?)
3. Getting raid SRs (Piggybacking wind ragna seems like a particularly good way to farm it, but no I'm not encouraging every newbie player to rush it)
4. Rolling the hell out of gem gacha

Dunhere
04-05-2018, 06:53 AM
Less Ns means LESS time spent watching that stupid "Connecting..." in the Mass Sell menu after the first batch. Also, recouping less doesn't really matter since Gems are now an infinite resource.

Exit mass sell into anything else briefly to avoid the long connection time.

While I grant your infinite gem math, I don't feel that paying more gems to get less fodder so I can spend the elixirs that drop instead spending more of my time farming gem quests is a win here.

Cobblemaniac
04-05-2018, 07:18 AM
Exit mass sell into anything else briefly to avoid the long connection time.

While I grant your infinite gem math, I don't feel that paying more gems to get less fodder so I can spend the elixirs that drop instead spending more of my time farming gem quests is a win here.

That does depend on your definition of win. A loss to patience sure, but ultimately I think it fufils the timesink aspect of the game even more than it does now... Unless you didn't come into the game for that (I did, so I win...?).

Unregistered
04-05-2018, 09:05 AM
If I were to guess correctly, the skill up materials (chalices? Forgot the name) are gonna drop way more often in larger quantities from event rewards, although not sure about advents?

If so, that would make these materials basically the "compensation" for the decreased R rates in the gem gacha. That said, the way I see it, if you don't exactly have much to limit break at the moment, this gacha system still fares pretty well in terms of giving R weapons considering they also give half elixirs, so that's a matter of pure patience... or luck if you're really short on those. If you're already tight on gems, this gacha does kind of fuck you over.

Until the buff to the gem gacha rolls over, I guess the best methods of getting skill ups goes in this priority:
1. Getting event grails for optimal enhance
2. Getting event SRs (especially from raid gacha?)
3. Getting raid SRs (Piggybacking wind ragna seems like a particularly good way to farm it, but no I'm not encouraging every newbie player to rush it)
4. Rolling the hell out of gem gacha

It's mainly just union events that spit out tons of grails.
The main related change for advents would be the price reduction. Once the major changes kick in, the SR weapons each cost 50/30/0/0 to max out/get 4 copies of. Currently it's 215/105/60/0. (copper 1/copper 2/silver/gold chest materials, respectively).
The raid event changes don't really impact this particular aspect of the game much, IMO. Unless we count the reduction of 1 guaranteed copy of each SR weapon.

Rattington
04-06-2018, 02:04 PM
What/when are these gem quests? (I know the all-day sunday one). If possible, what time EST is it (if you don't know the EST I'll figure it out).

Laventale
04-06-2018, 02:26 PM
What/when are these gem quests? (I know the all-day sunday one). If possible, what time EST is it (if you don't know the EST I'll figure it out).

http://puu.sh/zXGvS/01a291fb6f.png

Mind you this is Nutaku time.

Sora
04-06-2018, 03:37 PM
http://puu.sh/zXGvS/01a291fb6f.png

Mind you this is Nutaku time.

I can just do those gem quest on Mon., Tue., Sat. and Sun. Because I live in Europe...
Furthermore those Gem Quest give more gems than the daily gem quest on sunday... 6k+ always

Unregistered
04-06-2018, 03:54 PM
Btw guys, check the 5/22 update (Pride reprint that introduces the light lilim). I interpret that as changing the expert gem quest to be available at all hours, but limited to twice a day. How close am I?

Kimoi
04-06-2018, 04:00 PM
Btw guys, check the 5/22 update (Pride reprint that introduces the light lilim). I interpret that as changing the expert gem quest to be available at all hours, but limited to twice a day. How close am I?
Close. But the guerilla quests remain, as you can see in this screenshot: i.imgur.com/0er031Y.jpg

Unregistered
04-06-2018, 04:06 PM
Huh, neat.
Hmm, do both of those expert quests say twice a day?

Kimoi
04-06-2018, 04:09 PM
Huh, neat.
Hmm, do both of those expert quests say twice a day?
Yeah, but the second one is the exp quest (ie with the dark carbuncles).

MagicSpice
04-08-2018, 09:41 PM
So... I kept track of my R weapon pulls from the gacha recently... maybe that 120+ one was high luck cause i've gotten 62 once, 78 just now, and the time before that was 95 R weapons... so out of what i'm keeping track of, i'm averaging about 88-90 R weapons every time i exhaust my draw count...

i'm not going by "out of 1000", i'm going by "out of 1100" cause I pretty much drain the gem gacha as much as possible

Yeah, but the second one is the exp quest (ie with the dark carbuncles).

at least it's a few runs to try and get some more exp than usual

Laventale
04-08-2018, 11:20 PM
Today I signed up over DMM (because I was hella bored) and holy smokes, their gemcha is so fucking good.

I wish we had that right now over our version as well.

MagicSpice
04-08-2018, 11:28 PM
Today I signed up over DMM (because I was hella bored) and holy smokes, their gemcha is so fucking good.

I wish we had that right now over our version as well.

i might take a peek at that version of KamiPro as well (also might play Sengoku Providence there as I miss that game...)

the reason I even have the Avatar image I got is a DMM game I play called ReBless

Slashley
04-09-2018, 12:15 AM
i'm not going by "out of 1000", i'm going by "out of 1100" cause I pretty much drain the gem gacha as much as possibleI really don't understand. For somebody who claims to be playing multiple games, you sure don't value your time at all...

You bother to pull the one-draws (which is one-tenth the speed of the ten-pulls), and your max weapon space is 150, so you're constantly going back and forth between selling and gacha...

Unregistered
04-09-2018, 02:59 AM
Is there a list for the daily gem quest times?

MagicSpice
04-09-2018, 04:19 AM
I really don't understand. For somebody who claims to be playing multiple games, you sure don't value your time at all...

You bother to pull the one-draws (which is one-tenth the speed of the ten-pulls), and your max weapon space is 150, so you're constantly going back and forth between selling and gacha...

that's more "making the most out of each session", cause this all still took practically 1 hour, even with pulling all those times... plus it's not that hard, pick the gacha, hit skip, rinse and repeat until your inventory gets full. i also have a touchscreen laptop too so it's just a few taps of the screen for me...

plus i managed to spike some weapons to their current max level in the process, along with nearly getting my lv100 huanglong to +99 (i think she's at +97)

maybe it's OCD, but I tend to get the most out of things when I know that it's possible. i enhance with those weapons instead of sell (assuming I get nothing but N and enhancement material weapons, that's about a batch of 70 or more when it fills up, we're talking no less than 700 exp a batch).

besides, it's not how fast you do things, it's how much you get out of it...