PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Gacha changes and my own personal thoughts about the matter.

Laventale
04-09-2018, 12:43 AM
As a few of you are aware, this "thing" popped up at 20:00 (Nutaku time)

http://puu.sh/zZjnO/f8c21cf581.png

It means that both SSR Hime Guaranted and SSR Eido Guaranteed will stop being sold separately and will fuse into one, single Guaranted Gacha.

Even though we still don't know what does this mean (yet), the fact that they're doing this while DMM never did (you can go and check that out over the DMM server) is really something to worry about.

There are three possible scenarios.

You will get the chance to pull either Hime or Eido from the Guaranteed, but not both. (This is the one where we get royally assfucked).

You will get the chance to pull both SSR Hime and Eido at the same time, but with a slight increment on price (Middleground).

You will get the chance to pull either Hime or Eido from the Guaranteed at a lower price, it can be bought once or twice (Best of both worlds).

Note, this is my personal thoughts about the matter and do no reflect the thoughts about this forums' staff or the game devs themselves

I want all of you to discuss about this matter at hand and do what's necessary if needed.

Unregistered
04-09-2018, 01:51 AM
Are you calling for a boycott?

Delete
04-09-2018, 01:53 AM
It seems more like asking opinions on a strange change. If Japan never did that, is a strange change indeed, and one I not like at all.

Unregistered
04-09-2018, 01:56 AM
But how would our opinion change things without action?

Ikki
04-09-2018, 02:24 AM
We will just have to wait, either way i already sent them a ticket complaining that they revert this change, cause im assuming this change will be worse, probably they wont revert it at all, so i just hope its a decent gacha, hopefully a 3k guaranteed gacha you can buy twice, or even better a 5k gacha that guaranteeds eido and kh, but it will probably be just a random SSR guaranteed, just like the black friday offer, they just dont wanna give us both guaranteeds at 3k cause miracle is still up.

MagicSpice
04-09-2018, 04:29 AM
sadly, the best i got to say to this is, this is Nutaku for you... we're not DMM...

this is typically what happens at times when different countries get the same game... they change things drastically

i've even seen it with an MMO I play called Elsword... the KR version (the original) got events that gave free +10 amulets which makes your equipment super strong and it's EXTREMELY difficult to get that far (+9 to +10 itself is less than 1% chance of success with a huge chance to get the equipment unusable or reset to +0). all other servers... a measly +5 to maybe +8... if that.....

and in the case of Final Fantasy Brave Exvius? there was the case of when we got Noctis far earlier than we should have so his Trust Mastery (something really overpowered but out of the way to get) and Noctis himself was weaker than they should have been for about a year....

Nutaku does have some greedy tactics so this isn't surprising.... All I know is that unfortunately, SSR guaranteed and Miracle Tickets is the best fight you get against RNG so gonna have to suck it up either way.

Do I think this is the wrong thing to do? Depends on how this plays out (a 1 time thing to get either kami weapon or eidolon would be messed up), but it's still up to the player themselves to get involved in this anyway (as in throw money at it or not).

Unregistered
04-09-2018, 07:35 AM
I wouldn't call this a drastic change but I would call it a very western change, assuming DMM didn't do the same, I wouldn't know since I don't care to register just to find out. I'm sure many whales will be sadden but lets face it, they're still going to buy the combined one and many players at the same time probably couldn't care less as they don't buy them in this first place.

I've personally only ever gotten one which was 3k NG then for some reason all turned 5k. Haven't rolled that gacha since. I'm curious as to the price for this one though.

Can't really see anything positive coming from this unless it's super cheap or just changed into monthly miracle tickets.

Unregistered
04-09-2018, 08:24 AM
So according to the wiki, what happened on DMM is that originally you have the one time only SSR kamihime guaranteed (or the SSR eidolon guaranteed) + 10 elixirs + 10 energy leaves packages for 5000 DMM points/kamihime coins . And those got refreshed a couple of times. I believe that's basically what we have right now?
July 16 update changed them to remove the elixirs/leaves while reducing the cost to 3000 kamihime coins.

Slashley
04-09-2018, 08:51 AM
You will get the chance to pull either Hime or Eido from the Guaranteed, but not both. (This is the one where we get royally assfucked).

You will get the chance to pull both SSR Hime and Eido at the same time, but with a slight increment on price (Middleground).

You will get the chance to pull either Hime or Eido from the Guaranteed at a lower price, it can be bought once or twice (Best of both worlds).
My guess is:
Double guaranteed gacha, SSR Hime + SSR Eidolon + 8 premium slots
30 Elixirs + 30 Leaves
Just 150 bucks!

BUY NOW

I've been buying the guaranteed SSR Hime monthly even after they went back to the crappy 50 bucks version, but I did understand why many stopped buying them. If they're making the deal worse (such as guaranteed SSR being either Hime or Eidolon :^), I won't be buying that shit.

Laventale
04-09-2018, 09:03 PM
http://puu.sh/zZVZC/9393a65b2c.png

It was option 3, but you get to pull only once.

So if you get an eido, you're fucked until the next month.

MagicSpice
04-09-2018, 09:17 PM
http://puu.sh/zZVZC/9393a65b2c.png

It was option 3, but you get to pull only once.

So if you get an eido, you're fucked until the next month.

that's unless it's a good eidolon...

would love it if a 100% eidolon, SSR dragoon, an echidna (she's lv85 for me), or another fafnir (cause i recently drew my 2nd one) pops up...

plus, loading up 3k coins nets you magic jewels too so it's not too bad i guess...

if it was one of each guaranteed, it easily would have cost at least 6k coins...

Laventale
04-09-2018, 09:30 PM
that's unless it's a good eidolon...

would love it if a 100% eidolon, SSR dragoon, an echidna (she's lv85 for me), or another fafnir (cause i recently drew my 2nd one) pops up...

plus, loading up 3k coins nets you magic jewels too so it's not too bad i guess...

if it was one of each guaranteed, it easily would have cost at least 6k coins...

Yeah, you're right.

But paying 10 more bucks for both isn't that bad.

Marigold
04-09-2018, 11:14 PM
I've just spent 70$ on this game to keep it as F2P as possible, yet I was planning in whaling the SSR Hime Gacha

https://youtu.be/17KmNrG9pE4

Slashley
04-09-2018, 11:51 PM
But paying 10 more bucks for both isn't that bad.Yes it is. You're effectively being forced to pay 10 bucks for garbage. And this on top of the old 20 bucks you were forced to pay on garbage.

So we're already at the point where half the cost is garbage...
I've just spent 70$ on this game to keep it as F2P as possible, yet I was planning in whaling the SSR Hime Gacha

https://youtu.be/17KmNrG9pE4If your aim is to spend as little as possible, why even consider non-Miracle tickets...?

Marigold
04-10-2018, 12:37 AM
It always baffled me how Nutaku charges 20 extra $ for 10 Leafs and 10 Elixirs, it's just nonsensical, almost the price of another SSR guaranteed roll for some free items <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
About this, I play an...

AznSamsung
04-10-2018, 05:59 AM
bro ... and u said i spend alot .... wait nvm thats midnight ... lol

Marigold
04-10-2018, 09:13 AM
That's you both the whalebros of our Guild lol

MagicSpice
04-10-2018, 10:48 AM
what's that say about me where there's times i dropped $200-$300.... and honestly could have thrown more...?

AznSamsung
04-10-2018, 10:59 AM
what's that say about me where there's times i dropped $200-$300.... and honestly could have thrown more...?

Dog ... when u use ssr hime ticket twice and get the hime u already have then miracle ama then ssr eldon ticket give u ama ... rip me ... btw got light tsuku

xxMidnightxx
04-11-2018, 01:30 PM
That's you both the whalebros of our Guild lol

Am not a whalebro! Ive spent $250 since the games started haha AznUglySamsung is a whale. A bad one at that XD lololololol

Marigold
04-11-2018, 02:19 PM
He has the shittiest luck I've seen, my condolences

xxMidnightxx
04-11-2018, 05:23 PM
Haha I've seen way worse

MagicSpice
04-11-2018, 06:39 PM
Haha I've seen way worse

are we talking Ziss from youtube bad where he did pulls for Dark Fina and ended up doing 700+ pulls?

mind you that you get roughly 55 pulls every 200 bucks in Final Fantasy Brave Exvius... so he easily dumped over $2500 in one whale attempt

actually, that sounds more like Krakken territory... or Space Whale as some of you called it

Laventale
04-12-2018, 05:45 AM
ended up doing 700+ pulls?

Space whale.

AznSamsung
04-12-2018, 06:20 PM
... its official .. my rng in this game suck ... (was playing division (return player) and get the house on my first exotic cache) ...

Also cant wait till they remove normal eldon and weapon from gem gacha

MagicSpice
04-13-2018, 08:55 AM
... its official .. my rng in this game suck ... (was playing division (return player) and get the house on my first exotic cache) ...

Also cant wait till they remove normal eldon and weapon from gem gacha

actually, they don't need to remove it, just reduce rates more...

it is a refund on gems for some players and for others like me, i usually rack up enough to get around 3k-7k exp total to some stuff...

from an exp standpoint, it would be better to get the R/SR materials more, but some players actually want the sell back from gems cause it still lessens how much you use overall

Cobblemaniac
04-13-2018, 09:50 AM

it is a refund on gems for some players and for others like me, i usually rack up enough to get around 3k-7k exp total to some stuff...

from an exp standpoint, it would be better to get the R/SR materials more, but some players actually want the sell back from gems cause it still lessens how much you use overall

What confuses me is the fact that weapons and eidos of any rarity sells for exactly the same cost... Oh, and triggering too I guess

Aidoru
04-13-2018, 01:36 PM

With that logic, that's even more reason to remove Ns. Enhance mats are fairly common already, including SRs. A single SR already count as 50 Ns; 50 draws. Removing Ns would only increase rate for getting SR and R enhance mats. There'd be no need to sell back for gems when you're getting your worth.

MagicSpice
04-13-2018, 07:17 PM
With that logic, that's even more reason to remove Ns. Enhance mats are fairly common already, including SRs. A single SR already count as 50 Ns; 50 draws. Removing Ns would only increase rate for getting SR and R enhance mats. There'd be no need to sell back for gems when you're getting your worth.

except from a dev standpoint, it's not wise to let players get such easy access to exp materials that can be used on weapons, eidolons or even kamihime without working somewhat for it. especially in a game that's free-to-play where they're potentially losing money (although nothing against catering to free players either)

you still have to grind events or the SP missions to get the majority of that. only exception to this seems to be union raid where you're tossed those like candy from ultimate demon fights (which pretty much act like pinatas when killed...). all you need to do is land one round of attacks and not forfeit the raid to get that...

easy access to stuff is one thing, but having it just handed to you is another... but that's just me... i don't want an easy game, but i also don't want one that makes you want to quit cause it's so hard to play or get stronger either... i just feel like there needs to be balance somewhere...

Aidoru
04-13-2018, 07:24 PM
except from a dev standpoint, it's not wise to let players get such easy access to exp materials that can be used on weapons, eidolons or even kamihime without working somewhat for it. especially in a game that's free-to-play where they're potentially losing money (although nothing against catering to free players either)

you still have to grind events or the SP missions to get the majority of that. only exception to this seems to be union raid where you're tossed those like candy from ultimate demon fights (which pretty much act like pinatas when killed...). all you need to do is land one round of attacks and not forfeit the raid to get that...

easy access to stuff is one thing, but having it just handed to you is another... but that's just me... i don't want an easy game, but i also don't want one that makes you want to quit cause it's so hard to play or get stronger either... i just feel like there needs to be balance somewhere...

I could of sworn someone mentioned that DMM already removed N weapons/eidolons from gatcha.

Ikki
04-13-2018, 07:31 PM
I could of sworn someone mentioned that DMM already removed N weapons/eidolons from gatcha.

Yes they did, their revamped gacha after the anniversary removed N mats, so basically 5+ R weapons all day everyday.

MagicSpice
04-13-2018, 10:23 PM
Yes they did, their revamped gacha after the anniversary removed N mats, so basically 5+ R weapons all day everyday.

in that case, when you stop needing R for skill lv fodder, then that's a higher sellback/exp rate...

although, if they cut your daily limit down then it all depends on how many pulls you can get

Ikki
04-13-2018, 11:03 PM
in that case, when you stop needing R for skill lv fodder, then that's a higher sellback/exp rate...

although, if they cut your daily limit down then it all depends on how many pulls you can get

They need R fodder way more than us cause of FLB.

MagicSpice
04-17-2018, 12:53 AM
They need R fodder way more than us cause of FLB.

that's why i said "when"

FLB means a jump from SLv20 to SLv30 after all... even then, if it's only feeding R and SR, then the pull rate should be rather decent to get skill lvs anyway

MrTouchdown
04-17-2018, 01:54 PM
Yes in DMM , the number of gem gacha pulls is limited to 20 pulls per day

MagicSpice
04-17-2018, 02:45 PM
Yes in DMM , the number of gem gacha pulls is limited to 20 pulls per day

which is worse cause we get 1101 total right now...

if it's 20 per gacha, then that's 221 including the free pull

sure the rate of R weapons increased, but at the cost of only getting 1/5th the total pulls or less...

Slashley
04-17-2018, 03:42 PM
sure the rate of R weapons increased, but at the cost of only getting 1/5th the total pulls or less...I think the patch notes said 15 pulls.

And really, considering how there's zero N weapons in there, it just means you do the same thing much, much faster. That's an improvement. Even more of an improvement since you don't need to farm Gem quests every day to keep pulling the max.

MagicSpice
04-17-2018, 03:46 PM
I think the patch notes said 15 pulls.

And really, considering how there's zero N weapons in there, it just means you do the same thing much, much faster. That's an improvement. Even more of an improvement since you don't need to farm Gem quests every day to keep pulling the max.

depends on your R weapon pull rate, cause you're still getting enhancement materials and stuff like seeds, elixirs, and break limit items..

depending on what you need, this can hurt you considering you have less than 1/5th of the total chances you used to have

blubbergott
04-17-2018, 04:12 PM
15 + 1 free pulls, on average I'd say I'm getting 3-4 Rs per pull, so expect about 50 Rs a day, which seems similar to how it currently is here, just with less farming involved.

MagicSpice
04-17-2018, 04:16 PM
15 + 1 free pulls, on average I'd say I'm getting 3-4 Rs per pull, so expect about 50 Rs a day, which seems similar to how it currently is here, just with less farming involved.

i rarely dip below 60 R pulled, so it's kinda hurting me unless i can maintain that luck on the change...

that's roughly a 5% or more rate of R weapon pulls i have so we're talking an R weapon every 2 10-draws at least

although there was one pull where i got 6 R weapons in a go so it does happen... with less chances to get the N stuff (materials and restore items only at that point), it might balance out or even increase...

even then, it's still convenient to just unload gems and get tons of extra materials...