PDA

View Full Version : Infinite counter bug

HakuYowane
04-11-2018, 12:05 PM
This will probably get fixed soon so here's for history sake, works with any unit with a counter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpRUdxKFWv0/

Myrdin
04-11-2018, 01:34 PM
Well thats....interesting :D

A Time to Screw
04-11-2018, 01:37 PM
Oh yeah, that happened to me once as well. Haven't been able to replicate it since, but probably because everything tends to die first before the bug happens.

Seems kinda inconsistent when it occurs. But I suspect units with both Counter as well as Dodge abilities help since it happened on Saffron for me.

Taon
04-11-2018, 02:43 PM
I don't think that's a bug at all. Those multiple counters seem to be in response to the multiple hits each attack is doing.

This may also explain why the counter multipliers were recently lowered as well.

Unregistered
04-11-2018, 03:21 PM
It's definitely a bug. It will continue until the enemy dies, even against raid bosses.

HakuYowane
04-11-2018, 04:05 PM
Yeah it will even work against bosses that only do one hit, it can kill one of those lv 120 bosses by herself, but you have to get lucky
Seems like this happens when a super counter is activated.

Taon
04-11-2018, 05:05 PM
It's definitely a bug. It will continue until the enemy dies, even against raid bosses.

But that's not exactly what's happening; it's not like it's one hit being countered and the unit keeps countering the one attack until the enemy dies.

It's multiple hits triggering multiple counters; at least from what I'm seeing. It would definitely be a bug if more counters were being generated than enemy attacks, but that didn't seem to be the case from the video.

wolf
04-11-2018, 09:06 PM
yeah that happened to me with anemone when i was soloing a boss xD

Myrdin
04-12-2018, 12:49 AM
I think its a bug > the reason being even if the girl in the video gets hit, not evading her HP is not reduced and it triggers the multiple counters.
I have a counter / evade team on DMM and I have never seen for the counter/super counter to get stuck like this where the cinematic of pest receiving damage gets reset several times, then the pest disappears, then it appears and then suddenly you win.
It looks more like some error or missing line in the code, since the mechanic works, but it clearly should not be doing this.

But then again... what do I know, I am just a simple mofu :3

Unregistered
04-12-2018, 02:28 AM
This is very clearly a bug, and I can confirm it never happened on DMM.

I kind of wish it did, though. That would make Re: Sakura & Ume a joke rather than the nightmare they are.

Zandel
04-12-2018, 04:33 PM
But that's not exactly what's happening; it's not like it's one hit being countered and the unit keeps countering the one attack until the enemy dies.

It's multiple hits triggering multiple counters; at least from what I'm seeing. It would definitely be a bug if more counters were being generated than enemy attacks, but that didn't seem to be the case from the video.

I have had this bug happen after my girl (Saffron Bloomed with no other girls) got hit only once by the boss. It doesn't happen often tho and I cannot reproduce it on command.

MagicSpice
04-20-2018, 09:47 PM
ever since we got the new menu music and background (along with the exchange relocation), this occasionally happens to me...

if it does have something to do with both evade and counter triggering, then it's from both Lycoris and Helenium getting hit on my team...

but i doubt it since I've seen it happen once with Mirabilis on another team... i don't have an evasion girl with her

hit count doesn't matter either. i've seen it happen with both single hit attacks and multihit attacks

wolf
04-20-2018, 10:58 PM
well i dont think anemone has the evade skill so if that where true then i shouldnt have happend to her

HakuYowane
04-21-2018, 05:43 PM
well i dont think anemone has the evade skill so if that where true then i shouldnt have happend to her

Works with anemone too, i have her, evade skill is not needed, just counter.

Mraktar
04-22-2018, 05:11 AM
Yeah it will even work against bosses that only do one hit, it can kill one of those lv 120 bosses by herself, but you have to get lucky
Seems like this happens when a super counter is activated.

No, it has no relation to supercounter because Snapdragon dont have it - just regular counter + evasion and it has no relation to counter+evasion because i had it on Olivia too.