PDA

View Full Version : Should a 10 pull guarantee a 5* or higher?

sniddy
04-21-2018, 09:22 AM
Most games do something similar to this?

Why not make it 10 instead of 11 pulls but at least one is guaranteed to be a 5*

Unregistered
04-21-2018, 10:28 AM
this will crush nutaku's salt mines, can't have that

kabosu
04-21-2018, 11:33 AM
Oh I wish but only in dreams will a 10+1 pull be a guarantee 5*
At the very least I wish they upped the chance of getting a 5*
It's like what 5% or something?

Tomitain
04-21-2018, 11:39 AM
I wouldn't mind if the 10+1 pull eliminated 3* Knights entirely given that they're fairly common, especially now that some missions and events hand them out for completing a stage or beating a super raid boss on a somewhat consistent basis. Barring that, rearranging the general gacha odds in favor of 4/5/6 Knights would be nice too.

Maybe something like 31.5/55/12/1.5% odds for 3/4/5/6* Knights instead of the current 63.5/30/6/0.5% odds. That would mostly flip the way the odds currently work (31.5/68.5 in favor of non-3* Knights instead of 63.5/36.5 in favor of 3* Knights).

sniddy
04-21-2018, 11:41 AM
Realistically it won't make much money it may encourage a little more spending, perhaps, it'd just make people a little more content, so they'd be more likely to stick around

kabosu
04-21-2018, 11:56 AM
Eh it would still make money
Even if it'd give a higher 5* chance doesn't mean people would get the girl they want
I mean people still spend 20 on characters from the daily deal/step up gacha

sniddy
04-22-2018, 02:19 AM
Indeed I see no downside to it, for us or for nutaku, I'm guessing it doesn't matter so much on DMM, maybe because gems are more numerous?

kabosu
04-22-2018, 04:17 AM
I honestly would be fine with the low 5* chance if it was quicker to get hold of gems
like 16 gems max per event + the 2 from reprints isn't really enough

Mraktar
04-22-2018, 05:05 AM
Indeed I see no downside to it, for us or for nutaku, I'm guessing it doesn't matter so much on DMM, maybe because gems are more numerous?
On DMM you a) have much more FG b) there is 30 FG rarity up gacha with 12% chance of 5* and 0% 6*so you can play gacha much more often then on nutaku and have much more 5*.

Myrdin
04-23-2018, 04:39 AM
Dream on people.
This is the same as on DMM, and since Asians love their Gachas its not gonna hapen.

I would love for it to happen, especially since my last two 50 fg pulls were both salt mines of bronze and silver. (Bronze should be either eliminated or the % rates should be decreased. Those silvers at least give decent amount of bond crystals if nothing else.)

Unregistered
04-25-2018, 04:48 AM
I usually have 1 to 2 5 * on the first day of the event (10+1)
My last pull Dianthus(Miko) and Apple of Sodom

FriendlyFacez
04-25-2018, 09:14 AM
Personally, I’d love the option to spend more than 50 FG for an ‘advanced premium’ roll with 83 / 15 / 2 odds for 4*, 5* and 6* and no 3* characters.

I feel that’d be fair.

Taon
04-25-2018, 10:21 AM
My take is that 10+1 pulls should guarantee a 5* minimum, but only if NG is used:

1) NG is the only way the devs get revenue, which keeps the game alive. Remember Aigis (https://www.nutaku.net/blog/millennium-war-aigis-closure/)? Guaranteeing 1 5*/6* unit provides decent incentive to spend without making it lopsided.

2) FGs aren't exactly hard to come by; players are guaranteed at least 40/month if they 3* all event/reissue maps and log in at least 24 days each month. That's enough to provide 9 10+1 pulls in a year (almost $400 worth of gems). Not nearly as generous as DMM by all accounts, but that's still a decent amount for free. Currently, a 10+1 pull has a 50% chance to have a 5* or better unit; it definitely sucks when you're on the wrong side of that 50%, but it's still a decent shot considering it's free.

I totally understand that many people would like to see a guarantee extended to the FG pulls as well, but I'd also like to see FKG stick around longer without risking eventual closure.

sniddy
04-25-2018, 12:36 PM
Depends on the price for a 10+ spin, right now it'd be 4000 gold, that's $40

Heck I'd say buying FG to spin is a waste

Taon
04-25-2018, 07:26 PM
Depends on the price for a 10+ spin, right now it'd be 4000 gold, that's $40

Heck I'd say buying FG to spin is a waste

Oh, it'd have to be much less than 4000 NG; that's way too much for one guaranteed 5*+ unit in a 10+1. I would say 2500 NG is much more fair considering almost all but the last two step-up gachas have offered an 11 pull for 300-500NG.

But yes, buying FGs to spin is an utter waste; if you're willing to spend money on the game, then you get the most bang for the buck in using FGs for stamina refreshes.

AgentFakku
04-25-2018, 08:16 PM
Aigis DMM has a pity plat and black counter.

Not sure how you can put dat in Flower Knight Girl since you pulled more than 1 gurl

After 100 FKG used, they give you a guarantee 5*?

ZOLANTON
05-02-2018, 06:46 AM
This was the reason I stopped playing the game. I mean what is the point of playing a ''gather all units'' game, if you are not given a fair chance to get at least some of them? As a free-to-play user (yes, these users actually exist and remain a part of the community) I feel like I was shown the middle finger all the time.

I am not talking about getting a 6* every month, but one guaranteed 5* per 10+1 draw should be affordable. I did six, yes six, 10+1 draws since the start of the year, that's a 4 months time period. The result? All bronzes and silvers, not a single new gold, I didn't even get a dupe gold. 66 potential units all 4* and below. When your main FG income are special events you can't afford more than 50 gems per month (events = 32 gems per month, events' girls affection = 2 per month, daily login bonus = 2 per 8 days - 8 per month, reissue events = 8 per month), you make an average of 1 pull per two events. You already miss a lot of new units that way, but come on at least give us a fair chance for even an old event's gold. So what is the point of playing for users that have maxed all current units they have? Farming coins and manyus only to sell them because you don't have new units to spend them on, except from 2 new event units every month? Yeah, have fun with that.

This is the only freemium game I know that follows such a harsh/bullshit policy-rates. Does this policy encourage users to pay to get units? It does, but I don't think it works, for me at least it had the exact opposite result, made me quit the game and giving negative feedback about the game now. My friends are playing other unit-based freemium games (Gems of War, One Piece Treasure Cruise among others) and when I tell them about this situation, they just can't believe it and eventually talked me into quitting this game.

/end rant

Myrdin
05-02-2018, 07:19 AM
I feel the same ... about Nutaku version.
we had this conversation long time ago, where the fact that you can pull the gacha once very few months isn't exactly amazing.

I would strongly recommend trying out the DMM version.
You will be shocked just how much stuff they throw at you. The amount of FGems you get is about 4x the amount you get on nutaku in the same length of time.

Plus whenever there is some issue they compensate generously with plenty additional Flower Gems.
I was hoarding them for about 3 months and managed to get almost 1K of Flower Gems. Burnt through all of them about two months ago or so trying to get a girl certain 6*. Didnt get her, but got a different one (Victoria Bride) instead.
Atm I am sitting back at some 650 Fgems, and I already did two pulls so .... yeah
Even if you get salt from your rolls, DMM makes it feel almost trivial like "meh, more luck next time". Unlike on Nutaku you are not starved for every single thing be it gems, bloom materials, special currency, etc etc.
If you feel burnt by FKG Nutaku, and consider dropping the game or have accumulating disgust against it, I recommend swapping over to DMM.
All of those negative feelings will be gone just within first two weeks of playing.

ZOLANTON
05-02-2018, 07:57 AM
we had this conversation long time ago, where the fact that you can pull the gacha once very few months isn't exactly amazing.

You will be shocked just how much stuff they throw at you. The amount of FGems you get is about 4x the amount you get on nutaku in the same length of time.

Plus whenever there is some issue they compensate generously with plenty additional Flower Gems.
I was hoarding them for about 3 months and managed to get almost 1K of Flower Gems. Burnt through all of them about two months ago or so trying to get a girl certain 6*. Didnt get her, but got a different one (Victoria Bride) instead.
Atm I am sitting back at some 650 Fgems, and I already did two pulls so .... yeah
Even if you get salt from your rolls, DMM makes it feel almost trivial like "meh, more luck next time". Unlike on Nutaku you are not starved for every single thing be it gems, bloom materials, special currency, etc etc.
If you feel burnt by FKG Nutaku, and consider dropping the game or have accumulating disgust against it, I recommend swapping over to DMM.
All of those negative feelings will be gone just within first two weeks of playing.

Τhanks a lot for the advice. At the moment I did my 7th and final draw (I just used all coins for second affection gifts to gather gems so I can empty all of the gems I have and then drop the game) and got one dupe gold. From 77 units I drew over 4 full months, I only got one gold. Right now I feel disappointed with the game, and more specifically Nutaku, so after I take a break from this game, I'll give the DMM version a shot. It may be better, even though I have to start from scratch, but at least it will be as you said.

Mraktar
05-02-2018, 11:29 AM

I did it and must say that it's completely truth. I started DMM version about month ago and it's much better then nutaku from all points of the view. You have more FG and other free stuff, like 6k free whale medals etc, there is more content,regular login campaigns and compensations. And one of the major advantages - you can do much more gacha pulls then on nutaku so if you fail sometimes - i'ts less critical then on nutaku when you can do maximum 1 free pull per month with great chance to get nothing. 6 pulls in a row with only 1 5* duplicate (like i had) on nutaku should be a catastrophe, on dmm - bad, but you will recover fg much quickier and somedays you will have a lot of girls in couple pulls. When on DMM devs remade nation battles, they compensated all FG that we may have from uncomplete missions so i've got about 200 fg at once - it's just an example of their generocity. Extra 2 hours downtime - 10 fg compensation. Now at DMM i have almost as many 5* as on nutaku - a month of play vs 5 months. And on DMM ALL 5-6* girls have blooming skills, its a very valuable difference because so many girls can show their true power only after bloom. The only problem is japaneese language, but if you played nutaku, you already know what is the text on theese buttons, you just can't read mission breefings. And event descriptions, girl's skills and other stuff can be found in wiki.

Zandel
05-02-2018, 04:57 PM
Τhanks a lot for the advice. At the moment I did my 7th and final draw (I just used all coins for second affection gifts to gather gems so I can empty all of the gems I have and then drop the game) and got one dupe gold. From 77 units I drew over 4 full months, I only got one gold. Right now I feel disappointed with the game, and more specifically Nutaku, so after I take a break from this game, I'll give the DMM version a shot. It may be better, even though I have to start from scratch, but at least it will be as you said.

TBH that is just a case of bad luck and RNG, for most people that does not happen. Hell if you had two accounts running you would have not had it happen for the other one. You are quite special in one sense that the chance of what happened to you statistically, is less than the chance to have drawn a 6* in all those pulls.

From my experience at least 50% of 10+1 pulls have netted at least 1 5*, I say at least because personally I have not had all that many salt pulls so my actual % of at least 1 5* is closer to 75% of 10+1 pulls. Having said that I do tend to wait and make those 10+1 on the day a new event is released and I have found more luck that way. Statistically speaking you should get a 5* every 20 girls you pull, RNG tends to inflate that a bit sometimes tho.

Zandel
05-02-2018, 05:24 PM
Just did 4 10+1 pulls on the new gatcha and had 1 salt pull and got 4 golds from the remaining 3, Tiger Lilly twice, Madona once and Heart Vine once so two new girls and two dupes. Not sure why but I always seem to have better luck with gatcha right after the event is released.

Unregistered
05-02-2018, 09:57 PM

That does sound good, but what about language barrier? Even though FKG players could probably guesswork, how much new stuff will still be unknown?

Mraktar
05-02-2018, 10:06 PM
language barier is not a problem if you played nutaku fkg at least a week+ can use a wiki - interface is the same

Taon
05-02-2018, 11:37 PM
Just did 4 10+1 pulls on the new gatcha and had 1 salt pull and got 4 golds from the remaining 3, Tiger Lilly twice, Madona once and Heart Vine once so two new girls and two dupes. Not sure why but I always seem to have better luck with gatcha right after the event is released.

I beat you this time Zandel!

a tiny spider
05-02-2018, 11:42 PM
TBH that is just a case of bad luck and RNG, for most people that does not happen. . . the chance of what happened to you statistically, is less than the chance to have drawn a 6* in all those pulls.

Statistically it's an inevitability, and if I'm even a tenth as likely to have that as see a good return then the game isn't worth putting time into. I pulled one six star unit in over a year of playing and then quit after a string of such unlucky pulls. I just recently logged in to the sfwfkg version get some puzzle gold and got Queen of the Night as my 5 star welcome back. That's a better return from not playing the game for [months] than I got from throwing [months] worth of gems into the gacha prior to quitting. Seems there's a pretty clear logical choice to be made here.

Taon
05-03-2018, 12:03 AM
Statistically it's an inevitability, and if I'm even a tenth as likely to have that as see a good return then the game isn't worth putting time into. I pulled one six star unit in over a year of playing and then quit after a string of such unlucky pulls. I just recently logged in to the sfwfkg version get some puzzle gold and got Queen of the Night as my 5 star welcome back. That's a better return from not playing the game for [months] than I got from throwing [months] worth of gems into the gacha prior to quitting. Seems there's a pretty clear logical choice to be made here.

And there's the irony: you were given a 5* for playing again, when having better luck with pulling a 5* might have prevented you from leaving in the first place.

Unregistered
05-03-2018, 12:07 AM
I'm reminded of this comic -
thepunchlineismachismo(.)com/archives/comic/the-joke-is-pokemon-comes-out-in-october

sniddy
05-03-2018, 12:29 AM
So certainly seems like it would not only be popular, maybe help but certainly not hurt, the bottom line but would also increase player retention

Wonder if anyone actually reading this has any power to raise this....I can't see a downside to anyone

Myrdin
05-03-2018, 12:29 AM
That does sound good, but what about language barrier? Even though FKG players could probably guesswork, how much new stuff will still be unknown?

As Mraktar said - its easy to get into it.
I dont speak JP, and considering most of the interface is identical especially now that some of the major updates hit Nutaku, there is only wery little you will not understand.
Heck even the passive abilities received icons, so once you learn once, what those icons mean, you can quickly build your team just by taking a brief look, no need to read through wiki and such.

Now if there really is something you just cant wrap your head around the Wiki is a very solid piece of info, mostly used for reading up on new girls and mechanics. And then there is the HBC DMM FKG forum part where those of us who play DMM discuss everything.
We have few people who do the translations for patch notes and events so the transparency of each new release is rather good and easy to get into.
Plus you can always ask and most often than not someone will know the answer.

kabosu
05-03-2018, 11:36 AM
I forgot I had a dmm account and just went back to check it out and all together I had 400 FG in the giftbox so I think that sums up DMM/Nutaku difference
Also had enough manyu to get multiple girls from level 0 to 70

I'll probably start using my dmm account again as I've managed to get 2 of my best girls

Myrdin
05-03-2018, 12:43 PM
I forgot I had a dmm account and just went back to check it out and all together I had 400 FG in the giftbox so I think that sums up DMM/Nutaku difference
Also had enough manyu to get multiple girls from level 0 to 70

I'll probably start using my dmm account again as I've managed to get 2 of my best girls

And thats just passively accumulated.
Now if you add in all the promotions where you get 2 extra FG per log in for 10 days and such, you could add another 200 to that.

If you are serious about playing the DMM version you are welcome to wisit the DMM thread: https://harem-battle.club/flower-knight-girl-dmm/ Kurenai did a good job at translating patch notes, and HH makes a thread for each new event so you can easily catch up or read up on the current event. *thumbsup*

kabosu
05-03-2018, 05:21 PM
And thats just passively accumulated.
Now if you add in all the promotions where you get 2 extra FG per log in for 10 days and such, you could add another 200 to that.

If you are serious about playing the DMM version you are welcome to wisit the DMM thread: https://harem-battle.club/flower-knight-girl-dmm/ Kurenai did a good job at translating patch notes, and HH makes a thread for each new event so you can easily catch up or read up on the current event. *thumbsup*
Thanks I probably will start using DMM FKG but probably not as seriously as Nutaku as I like being able to read the introductions and such
The first gacha girl I got on DMM was Madonna and from my 400 pull I got my 2nd best girl Waterlily so I think that's a sign I probably should use DMM