PDA

View Full Version : Ketto Majiku

Arkinum
06-14-2018, 07:31 AM
This game got an EA release in my area yesterday.

It's a turn based strategy game (EDIT: After playing it a bit more I would put this more into a turn based RPG category. Though, since you have to plan every step you make on the map due to the way this games AP system works, I'd still call it a strategy game...). The artwork is consistent, though I like it, I find myself disliking some things about it. The ero pics I've seen so far are kind of vanilla (not that I mind that) and feel the artist is going for some weird median point between being hardcore and softcore.

As for premium content, the biggest pay to win annoyance that I ran into so far is AP (what you use just to move around the world map). You can also rent helpers for battles.

The whole game feels very sluggish and unresponsive, but could be due to being in EA.

Good idea, but kind of feels unpolished. Adding some more sprites to convey actions and changing the way to burn AP would go a long way for this title IMHO.

Aidoru
06-14-2018, 10:02 PM
I really like tactic rpg games but this game is pretty awful. Extremely bland art. No battle animation, literally just jpgs moving around the screen. And it runs like complete ass.

The AP/movement system is completely stupid considering how pointlessly empty the maps are. It's like it was designed to just waste your time.

Hentaika
06-18-2018, 06:38 AM
It's essentially a new 'Narborion'... Seems like they decided to go for a 'anime' styled art instead since it sells better....

Essentially same story and same combat system...

So compared to Narborion:

I liked the setting better in narborion... the 'darker' theme certainly suited the game... and despite the art being not for everyone, at least it was pretty unique... and tbh the art was pretty damn good, but many would disagree since they simply didn't like the style... but it was more detailed than most nutaku games even if not as 'pretty' as other games.
Now the art is a 'cheap anime style' that thousands of games have and have it at better quality...

The gameplay - essentially the same combat wise, it's really pretty much a 1:1 copy with almost nothing new added to it.... isn't bad per se... but combat was one of the weakest points in the game despite being interesting and unique it suffers from HEAVY balance issues that carried over from prev game.

Progression - narborion had a pretty forgiving progression for f2p.... this one... completely terrible AP move on map system, the map system itself is a new thing and it's utterly buggy, laggy and just a bad addition overall right now.

It's still early access... but so far it looks absolutely terrible... I was actually one of the people who could still suggest playing Narborion at least a little, the setting and plot was pretty enjoyable.
This one on the other hand has no redeeming features... it took all the terrible things Narborion had and mixed it with new bad features....

Unregistered
06-23-2018, 02:00 AM
It's essentially a new 'Narborion'... Seems like they decided to go for a 'anime' styled art instead since it sells better....

Essentially same story and same combat system...

So compared to Narborion:

I liked the setting better in narborion... the 'darker' theme certainly suited the game... and despite the art being not for everyone, at least it was pretty unique... and tbh the art was pretty damn good, but many would disagree since they simply didn't like the style... but it was more detailed than most nutaku games even if not as 'pretty' as other games.
Now the art is a 'cheap anime style' that thousands of games have and have it at better quality...

The gameplay - essentially the same combat wise, it's really pretty much a 1:1 copy with almost nothing new added to it.... isn't bad per se... but combat was one of the weakest points in the game despite being interesting and unique it suffers from HEAVY balance issues that carried over from prev game.

Progression - narborion had a pretty forgiving progression for f2p.... this one... completely terrible AP move on map system, the map system itself is a new thing and it's utterly buggy, laggy and just a bad addition overall right now.

It's still early access... but so far it looks absolutely terrible... I was actually one of the people who could still suggest playing Narborion at least a little, the setting and plot was pretty enjoyable.
This one on the other hand has no redeeming features... it took all the terrible things Narborion had and mixed it with new bad features....

I tried to play it but it's just too boring a genre for me. This is going to flop hard

Hentaika
06-28-2018, 12:26 PM
Seems like it's out... well.. just warning you guys that narborion died and it's essentially same game with same negative sides... and actually no positive sides compared to previous one...

It's a rushed narborion made to look anime... overall pretty terrible.

BigBobs
06-30-2018, 01:24 PM
Seems like it's out... well.. just warning you guys that narborion died and it's essentially same game with same negative sides... and actually no positive sides compared to previous one...

It's a rushed narborion made to look anime... overall pretty terrible.

Only played narborion for a little so I don't know the comparison, but I'm willing to ignore bad money grabs (in terms of AP to move) as long as the game doesn't run like complete ass. Which would be putting it nicely for how awful this game runs.

Unregistered
07-01-2018, 12:03 PM
Wild, game has a very odd resize issue. It crops the "game" portion of the screen based on the window size when you first load Subsequently resizing the window does change how much of the game is displayed.

My Chrome window was sized to just fit Crystal Maidens... so I couldn't get past the enter name screen. The bottom portion of the game was cut off until I refreshed (after increasing window size.)