PDA

View Full Version : [Event 55] Raid Battle vs Trivia

Kitty
08-28-2018, 07:05 AM
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/314411010301755392/483985370225049600/trivia.png?width=611&height=408

Finally another dark raid.... I mean, FINALLY another dark event! (sorry I didn't post sooner, I've been away for 10 days.)
This has probably been the event that players are most eager for, as we'll finally get our lovely core SSR Artemis.

Anyway, onto the battles

Expert/Rag - Normal Overdrive - dmg to all allies, grants either rampage or paralyze to all allies. (At 50% HP and when raging begins, she removes all debuffs from herself, and an ATK buff triggers, so it can stack to x2 ATK buff)
Raging Overdrive deals large dmg to all allies, and gives herself ATK/DEF debuff (she cleanses herself of all debuffs if still raging after her overdrive.)

Recommended Soul/Team:

Cassiopeia
Andromeda
Mordred
Arthur
Sol
Eros
Tsukuyomi
Raphael
Mammon
Raiko
Noel
Tyr
(literally anyone)

Rewards:

SSR Eidolon - Trivia
SSR Weapon - Darkmoon Bow Kyunthier
x22 Premium Gacha Tickets
x3000 Magic Jewels
SR weapons/grails/etc

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/314411010301755392/483981058971271178/unknown.png?width=1000&height=408

Event Missions:

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/314411010301755392/483981099660214273/unknown.png?width=1025&height=193

New Kamihime

SSR [Lunar Riot] Artemis
SR [Moonlight Archer] Diana
R [Light of the Moon] Caspiel

SR Phoebe (Water)

Good luck... please correct my bad translation.

Unregistered
08-28-2018, 07:51 AM
artemis <3

Unregistered
08-28-2018, 07:56 AM
my fav ssr for light is almost here.. my jewels is ready~ RNG please just this once

nut
08-28-2018, 08:12 AM
Who is that dark girl in the banner?

Delete
08-28-2018, 08:13 AM
They are SSR Artemisa and Dark Diana

Cobblemaniac
08-28-2018, 08:16 AM
Who is that dark girl in the banner?

Dark form of Diana.

Artemis and Diana were established to basically come from the same lab (in Diana's scenes, iirc, I don't have the original Artemis and I'm a bit lazy to check the scene), so makes sense both of them get their new forms together. Probably might have some continuity between themselves as well.

Her skillset looks lowkey ass to me though btw. Sure heal, but I demand moar :smirk:

Ok jokes aside not too bad, but not the most stellar thing. Heal can be appreciated when you don't already have Osiris.

MagicSpice
08-28-2018, 08:41 AM
"clear ragnarok with lightning attribute".... FUCK. MY. LIFE. That's my 2nd weakest grid.... glad it's just tickets.... even though that dark weapon is OP. speaking of...

ABOUT TIME WE GOT A BARRAGE WEAPON! And it's paired with assault...

and SSR Art is here too, yet I can't pull for her.... GG. might end up throwing a MTix at her....

Cobblemaniac
08-28-2018, 09:16 AM
"clear ragnarok with lightning attribute".... FUCK. MY. LIFE. That's my 2nd weakest grid.... glad it's just tickets.... even though that dark weapon is OP. speaking of...

ABOUT TIME WE GOT A BARRAGE WEAPON! And it's paired with assault...

and SSR Art is here too, yet I can't pull for her.... GG. might end up throwing a MTix at her....

Just so happens the weapon comes for an element I have jack shit of in terms of girls :neutral:

Ah well I'll hoard it like I do all the other weapons now, won't know when I need em.

15k jewels to pull for Art, if 30k can't get me Asherah I don't really have high hopes for this batch.

bigblackcock
08-28-2018, 09:35 AM
luckily, you found thor for me so defeating ragnarok with thunder team shouldn't be much of a problem (if paralyze land, that it lol)
and finally trivia event is out :uwu:
is her weapon worth using? :think:

nonsensei
08-28-2018, 09:42 AM
Artemis and Diana were established to basically come from the same lab (in Diana's scenes, iirc, I don't have the original Artemis and I'm a bit lazy to check the scene), so makes sense both of them get their new forms together. Probably might have some continuity between themselves as well.

In fact, even Caspy is part of that story. She was working as a guard in the moon lab & I think she tried to start up a revolt against the experiments, but ended up sealed away & banished... if my memory serves me right. :think:

Cobblemaniac
08-28-2018, 09:59 AM
In fact, even Caspy is part of that story. She was working as a guard in the moon lab & I think she tried to start up a revolt against the experiments, but ended up sealed away & banished... if my memory serves me right. :think:

I actually went back to watch the Caspiel scenes (because fuck sleep)... no mention of Artemis and Diana. Mentions of creation in the lab though, and the rebellion, so there should be a link, since Diana also mentions a revolt in her scenes, with only a few girls escaping, and specific mention of Artemis' name. All of them are moon-based hime, so makes perfect sense :think:

Went back and watched Arty's scenes too, and well, not too much info but she's pretty tsundere. Cute, only to get cucked on both her scenes. :frown:

nonsensei
08-28-2018, 10:16 AM
Cute, only to get cucked on both her scenes. :frown:

You now know my pain.

Mirage
08-28-2018, 11:11 AM
Her skillset looks lowkey ass to me though btw. Sure heal, but I demand moar

Ok jokes aside not too bad, but not the most stellar thing. Heal can be appreciated when you don't already have Osiris.

She is one of the best SR attacker/buffer for Dark, you are saying like heal is the only thing that matter.

Unregistered
08-28-2018, 01:10 PM
is dark diana the raid hime we can earn? if not who is it :P

Kitty
08-28-2018, 01:14 PM
is dark diana the raid hime we can earn? if not who is it :P

my bad, let me correct that now. sorry.

Cobblemaniac
08-28-2018, 07:49 PM
She is one of the best SR attacker/buffer for Dark, you are saying like heal is the only thing that matter.

Comments were based on the idea that SSRs are available to you, example Osiris covers her heal, Pluto covers her buff etc... though suppose that means nothing since most don't get the luxury of choice.

I'm not saying don't go for her, just saying I don't like her.

Edit: though looking through the pool of dark SRs so far... I do admit I've completely undersold how useful an SR she is :sweat:

Double edit:

Sorry for breach of forum etiquette, I'mma have to double post for the notification to come out. I'll fuse my post once this gets addressed.

Expert/Rag - Normal Overdrive - dmg to all allies, grants either rampage or paralyze to all allies. (At 50% HP and when raging begins, she removes all debuffs from herself, and an ATK buff triggers, so it can stack to x2 ATK buff)
Raging Overdrive deals large dmg to all allies, and gives herself ATK/DEF debuff (she cleanses herself of all debuffs if still raging after her overdrive.)

A few corrections I'd like to point out. In addition, I'd like to throw in a cleaner list of Trivia's skillset.

Applies to both expert and ragna.

Normal Overdrive: Randomly uses
1. AoE dmg + Paralyse (2T)
2. AoE dmg + Beserk (2T)

Raging Overdrive: AoE big dmg + self ATK and DEF down (20s)

Special:
Triggers first at 75% HP (very slightly after boss enters rage) and again at 50% HP (close to stun). Overdrive has priority over special trigger
Cleanses self from ALL debuffs and casts ATK up (non-stacking, 60s)
Special trigger can be delayed if boss is stunned with the overdrive meter maxed. Boss will use special trigger twice if you manage to take her down from less than 75% HP to below 50% HP without her using the trigger.

So the fixes are:
1. atk up buff from special trigger doesn't stack, they're the same frame.
2. raging overdrive only debuff lasts only 20 seconds.
3. the description of the special trigger cleaned up.
4. first instance of special trigger at 75% HP. This is the part which I haven't fully confirmed, considering the DMM wiki also mentions that it triggers with first rage. What could be the case might be that boss enters first rage slightly before 75% HP, and therefore most players can treat the trigger as "starts with first rage" because they do enough damage to hit the 75% HP mark. Might be accurate for both expert and ragna. This point might be a small nitpick however, it shouldn't change the strategy too much.

Edit: Number 2 was wrong. Trivia does cast self atk down, same 20s duration.

Also, this video at 2:09 min mark confirms that rage alone is not the trigger.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9ZDdI0C5VU&feature=youtu.be

Seraphim01
08-28-2018, 11:19 PM
Whats the difference between raid event and advent event? Should new player doing this raid event? (I main wind)

Cobblemaniac
08-28-2018, 11:27 PM
Whats the difference between raid event and advent event? Should new player doing this raid event? (I main wind)

Advents are strictly solo events, you get stages to clear to farm materials which you exchange for stuff in shop.

Raid battles are a matter of reaching maximum 250 divine souls (normal and expert drops) and 100 devil souls (ragnarok drops) to get a set list of rewards, along with gathering raid gacha tickets which drop from every raid. You can host the raid yourself using AP (and summon drops from the lower tier raid, you need 3 summon drops from normal to host an expert for example), or you can join someone's raid using BP. You'll likely be doing the latter option, and that's how most new players will clear this event.

Should a new player do it? No reason not to. Newbies will most often get carried by higher level players in raids, and besides the rewards are great, even if you don't main the element. SSR eido and weapons are a must to keep unless they're trash, you get 23 premium gacha tickets and 3k jewels if you get all the divine and devil souls, and you get quite a lot of stuff from the raid gacha tickets, which drop pretty often from raids.

Seraphim01
08-29-2018, 12:23 AM
Advents are strictly solo events, you get stages to clear to farm materials which you exchange for stuff in shop.

Woah, raid event is better than advent event. Advent event is too punishing for new player. I really want to get more sr wind assault, but i will wait till i get the eido. Thx cobble

Kitty
08-29-2018, 04:54 AM
Sorry for breach of forum etiquette, I'mma have to double post for the notification to come out. I'll fuse my post once this gets addressed.

A few corrections I'd like to point out. In addition, I'd like to throw in a cleaner list of Trivia's skillset.

Applies to both expert and ragna.

Normal Overdrive: Randomly uses
1. AoE dmg + Paralyse (2T)
2. AoE dmg + Beserk (2T)

Raging Overdrive: AoE big dmg + self ATK and DEF down (20s)

Special:
Triggers first at 75% HP (very slightly after boss enters rage) and again at 50% HP (close to stun). Overdrive has priority over special trigger
Cleanses self from ALL debuffs and casts ATK up (non-stacking, 60s)
Special trigger can be delayed if boss is stunned with the overdrive meter maxed. Boss will use special trigger twice if you manage to take her down from less than 75% HP to below 50% HP without her using the trigger.

So the fixes are:
1. atk up buff from special trigger doesn't stack, they're the same frame.
2. raging overdrive only debuff lasts only 20 seconds.
3. the description of the special trigger cleaned up.
4. first instance of special trigger at 75% HP. This is the part which I haven't fully confirmed, considering the DMM wiki also mentions that it triggers with first rage. What could be the case might be that boss enters first rage slightly before 75% HP, and therefore most players can treat the trigger as "starts with first rage" because they do enough damage to hit the 75% HP mark. Might be accurate for both expert and ragna. This point might be a small nitpick however, it shouldn't change the strategy too much.

Edit: Number 2 was wrong. Trivia does cast self atk down, same 20s duration.

Also, this video at 2:09 min mark confirms that rage alone is not the trigger.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9ZDdI0C5VU&feature=youtu.be

oof thank u my dud, at least you're not a jerk about it :kiss:
i kinda just skimmed through that same vid and uhuh oof
ah well at least we can both say that it's better to solo this raid than join smhhhhh tho aab ez af

Laventale
08-29-2018, 06:31 AM
Woah, raid event is better than advent event. Advent event is too punishing for new player. I really want to get more sr wind assault, but i will wait till i get the eido. Thx cobble

Raids are better for starters, Advents are better for semi-experienced players and veterans.

IS THIS, THIS GAME'S LORE, WHAT YOU GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT?

ARE Y'ALL DISCUSSING LORE ON THIS FORUM?!

I love you, guys ♥

Cobblemaniac
08-29-2018, 07:05 AM
oof thank u my dud, at least you're not a jerk about it :kiss:
i kinda just skimmed through that same vid and uhuh oof
ah well at least we can both say that it's better to solo this raid than join smhhhhh tho aab ez af

Happy to help.

The case about raids... is that a lot of them are actually solo friendly (or more so crowd unfriendly), so it's actually easier on your patience to solo those sometimes.

Raids are better for starters, Advents are better for semi-experienced players and veterans.

IS THIS, THIS GAME'S LORE, WHAT YOU GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT?

ARE Y'ALL DISCUSSING LORE ON THIS FORUM?!

I love you, guys ♥

Yes. Lore in a hentai game :smirk:

Laventale
08-29-2018, 02:27 PM
Yes. Lore in a hentai game :smirk:

Each to their own, I love me some background on the games I'm currently playing, even if it involves naturally healed hymens through magic.

sanahtlig
08-30-2018, 12:50 PM
Raid battles are a matter of reaching maximum 250 divine souls (normal and expert drops) and 100 devil souls (ragnarok drops) to get a set list of rewards, along with gathering raid gacha tickets which drop from every raid. You can host the raid yourself using AP (and summon drops from the lower tier raid, you need 3 summon drops from normal to host an expert for example), or you can join someone's raid using BP. You'll likely be doing the latter option, and that's how most new players will clear this event.

Should a new player do it? No reason not to. Newbies will most often get carried by higher level players in raids, and besides the rewards are great, even if you don't main the element. SSR eido and weapons are a must to keep unless they're trash, you get 23 premium gacha tickets and 3k jewels if you get all the divine and devil souls, and you get quite a lot of stuff from the raid gacha tickets, which drop pretty often from raids.
Most players will just want to farm the 50 Blue Souls and 55 Red Souls for the SSR weapon and eidolon. Returns diminish greatly after that. Don't burn too many BP consumables because you'll want to save some for Catastrophes. That's your ticket to easy SR assault weapons and Soul weapons, which can be an excellent power boost. Don't forget to farm the 15AP Disaster for your primary element 3x a day outside Advent events.

SlickFenix
08-30-2018, 02:51 PM
Most players will just want to farm the 50 Blue Souls and 55 Red Souls for the SSR weapon and eidolon. Returns diminish greatly after that. Don't burn too many BP consumables because you'll want to save some for Catastrophes. That's your ticket to easy SR assault weapons and Soul weapons, which can be an excellent power boost. Don't forget to farm the 15AP Disaster for your primary element 3x a day outside Advent events.

Are you sure about that Sana? Most players that I see go after the full 250/100 clear for Raid events. Seeds are easy to get from Disaster/Catastrophe drops as well as daily Gemcha. If a new player paces themselves well enough they can get away with clearing the event with only 100 seeds. I used to do that when I first started.

In fact, I would be very interested in taking a poll just to see what the majority of people do (although that data may be skewed because the only people that would see it are the ones here and in discord, and those are the people that I usually see clear all rewards).

Itoshira
08-30-2018, 03:04 PM
I usually do atleast 200/100 on raid events, going further depends a bit on the raid itself. I remember I was going nuts on St. Nic and Barong, well, as being a Light-User it kinda makes sense.
It also depends on how annoying or not the Boss is as I tend to solo usually my Experts (Amalthea was a bit of a pain cause Fire team was not so strong and Light was sometimes a bit sketchy).

Considering Trivia now, I will probably farm the living hell out of her (Seeds, Gems, possible SRs from the Gacha), so 250/100 will it probably be. Mostly to prep for Phoenix and the 2 weapons, cause they gonna be SL'd instantly.

What I see is a bit mixed. I see some 50/55 people that do some more when they have the mood for it but dont really go hard, I see 200/100 and also people that go nuts. So probably depends on where you look around.

Mirage
08-30-2018, 03:04 PM

Yeah because 3k Jewel, 23 summon tick and 2 eye frags are "Returns diminish greatly"

Slashley
08-30-2018, 03:09 PM
Are you sure about that Sana? Most players that I see go after the full 250/100 clear for Raid events. Seeds are easy to get from Disaster/Catastrophe drops as well as daily Gemcha. If a new player paces themselves well enough they can get away with clearing the event with only 100 seeds. I used to do that when I first started.

In fact, I would be very interested in taking a poll just to see what the majority of people do (although that data may be skewed because the only people that would see it are the ones here and in discord, and those are the people that I usually see clear all rewards).That really depends on how define "most players" or "new players". I'm fairly sure that numerically, most players only get the SSRs. The active people - the people here for example - tend to go for 225(/250)/100.
Yeah because 3k Jewel, 23 summon tick and 2 eye frags are "Returns diminish greatly"Nothing, nothing and nearly nothing when compared to 2 SSRs is indeed greatly diminishing returns, actually.

SlickFenix
08-30-2018, 03:45 PM
That really depends on how define "most players" or "new players". I'm fairly sure that numerically, most players only get the SSRs. The active people - the people here for example - tend to go for 225(/250)/100.Nothing, nothing and nearly nothing when compared to 2 SSRs is indeed greatly diminishing returns, actually.

How can you know if you don't actually talk to them, or have access to actual data? You're just throwing a wild guess out there without any proof.

Secondly, just getting the Event SSR weapons and Eidos is not the only way to get good. It certainly is the primary way, imo, but you also need to get new Kami to have access to different skills and combinations. Those are only obtained through Jewels and Tickets (especially for F2P players). Also, just having the weapons/eidos isn't good enough, you also need to Skill Level the weapons for them to really be of use and you can't do that without materials, which can also be obtained from the rewards as well as part of the rolls from tickets and Jewels. Oh, and don't forget that you need Gems to Limit Break said weapons that you are farming, as well as the Eidolons and Kami. Those are part of the rewards as well. Oh and books for the Final Limit Break of SR and SSR Kami as well as FLB SSR weapons now. All part of the rewards.

To me it seems that all of the rewards are fairly important to anyone that wants to get strong enough to stand on their own.

Kitty
08-30-2018, 04:02 PM
this is so sad alexa play despacito

Slashley
08-30-2018, 05:12 PM
How can you know if you don't actually talk to them, or have access to actual data? You're just throwing a wild guess out there without any proof.--Well, you go and talk to the ~10k players who touch Union Events, then. Come back with the consensus. I'll be waiting.

But no, really, in every single game 'casuals' are always the numerical majority. As such, it really comes down to how you define "majority." Usually when we speak of "majority" here, it's basically never the "numerical majority" - it's the "majority of the people we consider active players." Even I fell for that, really - the "numerical majority" probably doesn't even reach 50/55 Souls per raid event.

SlickFenix
08-30-2018, 05:16 PM
Well, you go and talk to the ~10k players who touch Union Events, then. Come back with the consensus. I'll be waiting.

But no, really, in every single game 'casuals' are always the numerical majority. As such, it really comes down to how you define "majority." Usually when we speak of "majority" here, it's basically never the "numerical majority" - it's the "majority of the people we consider active players." Even I fell for that, really - the "numerical majority" probably doesn't even reach 50/55 Souls per raid event.

But if the Numerical Majority is as you say Casuals that just get minimums, what makes you think they come in here to get advice? If they get the minimums then I doubt they care enough to learn how to get better and just figure things out as they go along. But again this is all assumption based. IMO the best thing to do is give specific advice to players in their situation, or the generality of players that come to these forums (which I doubt would be super casual).

Slashley
08-30-2018, 05:57 PM
I think the point has already been lost in translation but... eh.
But if the Numerical Majority is as you say Casuals that just get minimums,--As I said in my second post, I doubt the "numerical majority" even gets minimums. They do a couple of raids here and there and that's it.

Anyway, just keep in mind that 3000 Jewels, ~20 tickets will basically grant you "fuck all." Is it better than nothing? Absolutely. But it's nothing that one should lose their sleep over. The more you play Kamihime, the stronger you'll get. That's really all there is to it.

sanahtlig
08-30-2018, 06:11 PM
My target audience are those who don't play this game as a second job. Those who do have little need for my advice; they can go immerse themselves in the resources provided by the Japanese community.

SlickFenix
08-30-2018, 06:19 PM
I think the point has already been lost in translation but... eh.As I said in my second post, I doubt the "numerical majority" even gets minimums. They do a couple of raids here and there and that's it.

Anyway, just keep in mind that 3000 Jewels, ~20 tickets will basically grant you "fuck all." Is it better than nothing? Absolutely. But it's nothing that one should lose their sleep over. The more you play Kamihime, the stronger you'll get. That's really all there is to it.

And if you play with that attitude of "just getting the minimums", it'll take forever to really get anywhere and you'll just quit because you're not getting anywhere fast enough.

You don't have to lose sleep just to get max rewards from a Raid. Over an 8 day period, if you just get 10.25 Devil and around 30.12 Divine Souls per day, you're going to finish the event. I hardly call that losing sleep, especially if you're going in and leeching most of them.

My target audience are those who don't play this game as a second job. Those who do have little need for my advice; they can go immerse themselves in the resources provided by the Japanese community.

If that's your target audience, then why are you giving that advice to someone who is not part of your target audience? He's here, therefore not your target. Your target, being that casual, doesn't care enough to really learn the mechanics of this game.

Aidoru
08-30-2018, 06:23 PM
If you want to get even more in-depth, then you can look at the cut off point for the average PP daily needed to clear the 3mil quota for union events and see how many people even reached it. The score showing in the ranking thread shows the most PP one gained in a single day. Assuming around 375k PP gain is the average per day required for a 8 day event (the last wind union event), the cut off point is around the 2500th-ish ranked player. The other 7500ish players failed to get enough to meet the daily amount and since the score is based on the most gain in a single day, they didn't get anymore for the other days thus not even completing the solo 3m. There are a lot of other variables but if that many people aren't completing their union event, then there's likely many that aren't completing raid events either.

And a small extra tidbit, most of the scores provided by users here, in comparison to the participant count, is that many got into the 1st~1000th rank despite the participants count being around 10k. While its still a wide range, it's still high up there as a whole. So it's probably not the best to use users here as the basis for setting the standard for what most players can or will achieve when everyone is as strong as they are.

SlickFenix
08-30-2018, 06:29 PM
I don't really count PP anymore since all it gives is Tickets. A newbie can just jump in 1 hit a boss, go to menu, do the same thing again, and get all the rewards. While that is a bit absurd, they could do it.

Aidoru
08-30-2018, 06:53 PM
I don't really count PP anymore since all it gives is Tickets. A newbie can just jump in 1 hit a boss, go to menu, do the same thing again, and get all the rewards. While that is a bit absurd, they could do it.

It's more likely newbies don't even know about that method to begin with.

Although depending how new the person is, I wouldn't recommend it to them as it burns through a fair amount of seeds/elixirs and it doesn't provide those resources back as you're not getting much tickets with this method. While gem gacha does exist, spending 100k a day for some seeds/elixirs as a new player is unlikely. I think the one who originally asked about raid events that started the discussion only started a week ago?

sanahtlig
08-30-2018, 07:01 PM
If that's your target audience, then why are you giving that advice to someone who is not part of your target audience?
Because Seraphim01 PM'd me and asked for advice. I chose to provide it here. Is that a problem?

Does every minor thing anyone says which deviates from the consensus of a certain segment of the community have to turn into a confrontation and major debate? Discussion arising from intellectual curiosity is one thing, but does no one else find this constant fault-hunting annoying and disruptive? I see it happening over and over again in many of the topics I've read lately, even ones I don't participate in.

LeCrestfallen
08-30-2018, 07:25 PM
meanwhile i am sitting here, thinking 3k jews and 23 tickets are 33 rolls, which is close to the average of required rolls for an ssr.
in my book, must have.
Bare minimum ssr weapon and eido complete and as much of those items mentioned above as time allows without sacrificing anything else in RL.
What people seem to not mention, going for more souls = more tickets = chances to roll more weapons/eidos/fodder/seeds/gems. Its not only the rewards, but the stuff you get on top through the tickets.

Don't really care about seeds/HE's used, what i do value is time. How much is everyone willing to spend on this game is their own choice.

But on topic, i do think that people that care enough about the game to get a minimum amount of information from forums, should aim for as many rewards as possible, since some will stick around for longer, and bite themselfes in the rear later that they did not finish the event.

sanahtlig
08-30-2018, 07:48 PM
But on topic, i do think that people that care enough about the game to get a minimum amount of information from forums, should aim for as many rewards as possible, since some will stick around for longer, and bite themselfes in the rear later that they did not finish the event.
I've been playing this game casually since the beginning and I'm doing just fine. Just got to play efficiently and know what to prioritize.

SlickFenix
08-30-2018, 07:59 PM
I've been playing this game casually since the beginning and I'm doing just fine. Just got to play efficiently and know what to prioritize.

Iirc you're also not completely F2P. In fact you even get paid my Nutaku for all the people that sign up through your links.

If they ask for help in DMs, and you choose to answer in public, then how about you share their questions to you so that we can also give feedback on their questions. Just you spouting out like that without any context that we see gives us the impression that you're telling this to everyone.

Plus you automatically assume what "most players" are doing when you can't make that claim because you don't have actual data. You then go on to state your opinion that the rest of the rewards aren't really worth the effort. Sure a player can get better over time, but if they never (or rarely) draw from Gacha then their teams are not going to progress very well, because they won't get the much needed abiliteis from Kami that they need to get from Gacha. Whales can certainly play with that minimum effort, and last I checked they are not your target audience. A F2P player will be stuck with sub-par teams for a while slowly getting stronger. Slow progress kills most peoples interest, imo.

Cobblemaniac
08-30-2018, 08:02 PM

Perhaps a better approach is to first ask the person looking for advice what he wants to do: be hardcore or play casually, because otherwise it would feel like forcing a playstyle on other people.

Either that, or you could just offer perspectives from both playstyles. I really don't see the harm putting in the extra effort, other than you're putting in extra effort.

Seraphim01
08-30-2018, 08:26 PM
Why are ppl recommending getting the ssr weapon even though its not their main element? Isnt it a waste for new player to burn their resources for smtg that they will only use later or wont use at all?

Btw, i am quite an active player. Its usual to have different opinion, its just depend on the person which advice he(me) wanna take, besides i like to see every1 way of playing the game and see what is the best for me to take based on my resource and playstyle.

Thank you every1 for your suggestion.

sanahtlig
08-30-2018, 08:31 PM
Perhaps a better approach is to first ask the person looking for advice what he wants to do: be hardcore or play casually, because otherwise it would feel like forcing a playstyle on other people.

Either that, or you could just offer perspectives from both playstyles. I really don't see the harm putting in the extra effort, other than you're putting in extra effort.
I didn't post here to write a comprehensive guide on the subject. One perspective was already covered; I offered an alternative. I expected people to read it, perhaps ask for clarification, and then move to the next conversation topic.

sanahtlig
08-30-2018, 08:33 PM
Why are ppl recommending getting the ssr weapon even though its not their main element? Isnt it a waste for new player to burn their resources for smtg that they will only use later or wont use at all?
You need the eidolon anyway, and you'll be picking up the weapon along the way. No extra resources required, plus the SSR weapon copies will be nice stat sources while you're building your Wind grid.

Cobblemaniac
08-30-2018, 08:34 PM

Btw, i am quite an active player. Its usual to have different opinion, its just depend on the person which advice he(me) wanna take, besides i like to see every1 way of playing the game and see what is the best for me to take based on my resource and playstyle.

When people recommend you hog every SSR available, they have the end game in mind, the end game being you have a solid team for each element because elemental advantage in this game is busted as all hell.

SSRs are kind of bound by events, and there are only so many for each element, you'll theoretically need 30-54 events, depending on whether you get a double weapon event or not, to get a full grid for every single element, which is why you should invest in it as early as you can...

... if you care about playing optimally. There certainly is nothing wrong with not desiring to get all the best stuff instantly, the optimal playstyle can be pretty stressful to sustain. Pick your poison at the end of the day, I suppose.

I didn't post here to write a comprehensive guide on the subject. One perspective was already covered; I offered an alternative. I expected people to read it, perhaps ask for clarification, and then move to the next conversation topic.

That's fair enough, but again it doesn't hurt to reiterate some points, especially given if you know some people are going to challenge your perspective.

LeCrestfallen
08-30-2018, 08:38 PM

in the long run, you will finish your main element, and one offelement to support your main element (unless you are light/dark that have no weaknesses).
Once you are at that point, you can either go full casual, or start working on other grids (assuming you do your daily 100x 10 draws on gemcha dutifully), since you get every week a new event, with new ssr weapon/eido. so if you do them, you will amass ssr weapons for all grids, and since the gacha gives you stuff wether you want it or not, you will start getting ssr himes for other elements too.
Let it take 2-3 months to finish one grid fully, once you are at that point: what to do with all those grails/rare/sr weapons? why not just pump them into other grids and slowly improve everything?

Thats how many of us do it, Heck there is someone in my union that is 100% free to play, has horrendous bad luck with drawing stuff from gacha, but demolishes your average whales with his Grids alone, while beeing able to clear all content.

Shieun
08-30-2018, 08:39 PM

So that you can use it off element until you get your monogrid up and running?

The reality of the game is, the longer you plan to stay in the game, the contents will only get harder.

If you plan to be reasonably active, best to farm, otherwise just play the game at your pace.

Going down the casual route will also mean struggling with end game content... so there’s that

SlickFenix
08-30-2018, 08:41 PM

For a new player, it's generally a good idea to build up a weapons grid of all MLB SSR weapons, even if they are not the same element (this is referred to as a Rainbow Grid by most of us). This allows you to build up your attack power quickly while you work on same element weapon skill levels on the side. Even if you have Assault SRs with Skill Level 20 they will be better than off element SSRs, but it takes a bit of time to get them to that point.

The Rainbow grid will allow you to complete Ultimate Difficulty in Advents, and (depending on your Kami) even Ragnarok difficulty in Advents. For Raids you'll be able to handle Expert difficulty, but Ragnarok you will need help. To beat content that is more difficult than those you will need a weapon grid of full Skill Levels with same element.

Eventually you will want to have multiple Single Element Weapons Grids, so it's good to collect now to help towards that future. However, for the sake of speed, if you want to focus on a single element you can. There will be some events that you will not be able to do so well at. But focusing on a single element goes faster than working on all 6 at once (I should know, I did the latter and it took a while for me to get strong).

Seraphim01
08-30-2018, 08:44 PM
Thank you, finally got that off my mind haha. So the priority is eido> weapon> gacha tix= gem= grimoire> ap pot> the others?

I

Cobblemaniac
08-30-2018, 08:48 PM
Thank you, finally got that off my mind haha. So the priority is eido> weapon> gacha tix= gem= grimoire> ap pot> the others?

I

AP pots take top priority, in my opinion, since you can sustain a lot more runs to get other stuff with that. Besides, they come relatively cheaper than the other stuff.

Other than that, everything else in your priority list should suffice for you during this advent event. It will change as you progress, but perhaps you could ask again at a later date (well, 2 weeks from now to be exact) so you don't get too confused with priorities.

Bear
08-30-2018, 08:54 PM

I

Books should be lower priority than consumables (Necessity purpose only), when you're new, and especially when you're F2P. Unless you are blessed by gacha-gods and get like 2~3 SSR every 3k jew rolls. You won't be needing gold books very often.

SlickFenix
08-30-2018, 08:56 PM
IMO, if you are clearing Ultimate then the AP Pots are worth it. Because you can then use them to clear more ultimate. On average, each run of Ultimate gives you enough mats for 2 of those Pots. Those will give you more Gold and Silver Mats to get the better items you need.

Seraphim01
08-30-2018, 08:58 PM
Hmm, after thinking about it...i should get the light ssr weapon from sakura x mio event (i only do it 5 times daily and focusing on horus) and skip that event eido. I almost get 4th horus copy and i think i can get the fifth before event ends. I will see if i can get that 1 copy ssr arcane without using ap pot or not haha.

AP pots take top priority, in my opinion, since you can sustain a lot more runs to get other stuff with that. Besides, they come relatively cheaper than the other stuff.

Other than that, everything else in your priority list should suffice for you during this advent event. It will change as you progress, but perhaps you could ask again at a later date (well, 2 weeks from now to be exact) so you don't get too confused with priorities.

This game have great community. Thank you, guys.

Laventale
08-30-2018, 09:00 PM
This event can't come soon enough, I have 12k jewels (I could've saved more but, ehh...) and whatever amount of tickets I will gather until then to pull SSArty, or pray to the RNGods to pull something useful.

Slashley
08-31-2018, 03:39 AM
meanwhile i am sitting here, thinking 3k jews and 23 tickets are 33 rolls, which is close to the average of required rolls for an ssr.For a random SSR, not a SSR Hime. That means that half the time, your gain from that is zero. The other half of the time, you'll probably pull a garbage SSR Hime.

And this is assuming you meet the norm and don't get unlucky. Of course, getting lucky is always possible as well, but I wouldn't count on it. Nutaku/DMM is counting on you to count on it, so that you'd be tempted to buy more of their worthless gachas.

LeCrestfallen
08-31-2018, 06:49 AM
RNG is RNG, and the most "secure" way to get strong ssr himes is to roll the gacha as many times as possible (i myself don't believe in rate ups, never pulled those features units).

also there are not that many ssr himes that are really "garbage" there are some, but the majority are useful in one way or another. This also goes in the other direction of pulling a core hime for an element, or lets just go full crazy, get a 100% eido, which a lot of f2p players did get from random jewel/ticket draws.
Chance is always there. Is it a small chance? sure. But the gacha does not care which stuff it gives you, its a chance, it rolls the dice, everytime a new.

sanahtlig
08-31-2018, 07:15 AM
meanwhile i am sitting here, thinking 3k jews and 23 tickets are 33 rolls, which is close to the average of required rolls for an ssr.
in my book, must have.
You didn't subtract out the jewels and tickets you'd get from sticking to the 55/50 target I prescribed. The rewards, especially for premium tickets, are front-loaded.

LeCrestfallen
08-31-2018, 07:21 AM
true, didn't do that, i also didn't add in the additional jewels you get from using raid tickets, despite mentioning all the other benefits.

sanahtlig
08-31-2018, 07:22 AM
true, didn't do that, i also didn't add in the additional jewels you get from using raid tickets, despite mentioning all the other benefits.
The raid ticket rewards are also front-loaded.

Laventale
08-31-2018, 10:39 PM
The last fire event has come to a close and I want to McFucking kill myself.

/pinned

Aidoru
09-02-2018, 11:48 PM
8 x10 pulls and managed to get Artemis on my last x10 which also used up all my jewels. Other SSRs were Huanglong, Archangel and Ra. Just glad I managed to get Artemis.

AutoCrimson
09-03-2018, 12:09 AM
got Ifrit (3k roll), Osiris (prem tix), Asherah (3k roll)... rate up is a lie

Seraphim01
09-03-2018, 01:22 AM
Woah, the expert level so hard. I can solo another expert raid quest. Looks like the raid event is another tier, haha.

I have some question:
1. Can divine soul drop from ragnarok tier?
2. If not, is it better to make or join standard/expert?
3. Raid tix can drop ssr eidolon n weapon as well?
4. I join ragnarok and get 1 devil n 2 tix, is it bad or normal?

Delete
09-03-2018, 03:13 AM
Expert Trivia seems much more difficult than the Expert of previous Raids. Normally I have little problem doing auto Expert, here only survived one, and with less than 1.500 HP

Cobblemaniac
09-03-2018, 03:29 AM
Woah, the expert level so hard. I can solo another expert raid quest. Looks like the raid event is another tier, haha.

I have some question:
1. Can divine soul drop from ragnarok tier?
2. If not, is it better to make or join standard/expert?
3. Raid tix can drop ssr eidolon n weapon as well?
4. I join ragnarok and get 1 devil n 2 tix, is it bad or normal?

1. No.
2. Join expert. You can make either standard or expert, expert is 1-2 guaranteed divine souls, standard is 0-1. If you can't solo expert, invite other ppl.
3. Yes.
4. Bad RNG, but it's pretty normal.

FreeToPay
09-03-2018, 03:51 AM
Holy shit expert Trivia hits way too hard for her level.

Seraphim01
09-03-2018, 04:07 AM
1. No.
2. Join expert. You can make either standard or expert, expert is 1-2 guaranteed divine souls, standard is 0-1. If you can't solo expert, invite other ppl.
3. Yes.
4. Bad RNG, but it's pretty normal.

Thx cobble :D
Woah, the raid tix gacha so damn bad haha. But free gem and bp seed are quite good.

Itoshira
09-03-2018, 04:56 AM
Any information on the Ragnarok challenge? Cause the quest in the mission tab states Wind and not Thunder. Anyone attempted it already to confirm what is right?

nonsensei
09-03-2018, 05:10 AM
Any information on the Ragnarok challenge? Cause the quest in the mission tab states Wind and not Thunder. Anyone attempted it already to confirm what is right?

Forget about translation memes & just follow this:
Elemental setup for missions:
Boss - You
Light - Water
Dark - Thunder
Water - Wind
Fire - Light
Wind - Dark
Thunder - Fire

Itoshira
09-03-2018, 05:22 AM
Boss - You
Light - Water
Dark - Thunder
Water - Wind
Fire - Light
Wind - Dark
Thunder - Fire

THAT list is handy, thanks a bunch!

Slashley
09-03-2018, 05:53 AM
Holy shit expert Trivia hits way too hard for her level.Some raids are a joke, some raids are really, really hard. Most are in between. Trivia appears to be on the harder side. It happens.
Boss - You
Light - Water
Dark - Thunder
Water - Wind
Fire - Light
Wind - Dark
Thunder - FireOh shit, there was a logic for that? I never even thought to check...

Cobblemaniac
09-03-2018, 06:17 AM
Some raids are a joke, some raids are really, really hard. Most are in between. Trivia appears to be on the harder side. It happens.

This is the one time I don't mind a boss hits harder.

An element that for the moment I don't care for aside, the story hits a me bit harder than it really should. The power of the boss matches, IMO.

Viriilink
09-03-2018, 11:13 AM
I don't know if I'm going to attempt or get 250/100. Haven't seen many expert/rag raids compare to previous raids.

Laventale
09-03-2018, 12:22 PM
I don't know if I'm going to attempt or get 250/100. Haven't seen many expert/rag raids compare to previous raids.

It's the first of eight days, give it some time. I have 50 Divine souls already.

Viriilink
09-03-2018, 01:06 PM
It's the first of eight days, give it some time. I have 50 Divine souls already.
IMO 0:00 to 13:00 of first day is when raids are most active. I barely seen any Trivia rags and I've seen more disaster rags than Trivia experts.

Seraphim01
09-03-2018, 06:26 PM
IMO 0:00 to 13:00 of first day is when raids are most active. I barely seen any Trivia rags and I've seen more disaster rags than Trivia experts.

I see alot of trivia expert and some trivia rags. Only see a few disaster rags though (i will use my bp seed when i see wind rags).

Unregistered
09-03-2018, 09:12 PM
https://
cf.r.kamihimeproject.dmmgames.com/front/images/background/61/chara_r_61.png

Not Diana, the Girl Above her that looks like a Eidolon with Heterocrhomia and a Sadistic look. Srsly, who is she? She is not part of the event, she is not in the gacha, she is not part of a promotion. She is part of a future update? or cut content maybe? Idk, she really got me curios.

Cobblemaniac
09-03-2018, 09:16 PM
https://
cf.r.kamihimeproject.dmmgames.com/front/images/background/61/chara_r_61.png

Not Diana, the Girl Above her that looks like a Eidolon with Heterocrhomia and a Sadistic look. Srsly, who is she? She is not part of the event, she is not in the gacha, she is not part of a promotion. She is part of a future update? or cut content maybe? Idk, she really got me curios.

I've checked the DMM wiki and she's apparently the reward of a login bonus... if I'm not wrong.

Also, a PSA for Trivia: the debuffs she casts on herself after raging overdrive is B frame 20%. You might wanna play around with your B frame himes during rage a bit more carefully.

Laventale
09-03-2018, 09:36 PM
Also, a PSA for Trivia: the debuffs she casts on herself after raging overdrive is B frame 20%. You might wanna play around with your B frame himes during rage a bit more carefully.

Not that this does matter, since she cleanses herself the turn after, but it's nice to know nonetheless.

Itoshira
09-04-2018, 01:28 AM
They are not B Frame, they are A Frame. I did the test with a screenshot now as far as it would go, cause the duration is low.

http://prntscr.com/kqcmuw

Order of (de)buffs: her atk buff, Tsuku Light Res down, her atk down, her def down, Outrage atk and def down

Diana also was never able to overright it, so it is 16% or more (since I've never seen that I guess atleast 20%).

(No bully for correcting please >_<)

Cobblemaniac
09-04-2018, 01:38 AM
They are not B Frame, they are A Frame. I did the test with a screenshot now as far as it would go, cause the duration is low.

http://prntscr.com/kqcmuw

Order of (de)buffs: her atk buff, Tsuku Light Res down, her atk down, her def down, Outrage atk and def down

Diana also was never able to overright it, so it is 16% or more (since I've never seen that I guess atleast 20%).

(No bully for correcting please >_<)

Nah, I appreciate the correction. Thanks dude!

Gonna have to do more runs to test it out on my side as well.

Edit: Afaik, the game deals with debuff and buffs in multiples of 5. If Diana isn't able to overwrite it, it's likely 20%. In that case, Ambush should be strong enough to switch with that.

Itoshira
09-04-2018, 01:52 AM
Okay, I'm glad :)

With some odd ones like Iblis her debuff at 12%, yea, usually it's like you are saying.

Ambush either overwrites it or misses, which would then mean 25% or more. Havent done that test so far but probably gonna do it after I got my GO run for the day down (or you are faster on doing it).

Cobblemaniac
09-04-2018, 02:06 AM
Okay, I'm glad :)

With some odd ones like Iblis her debuff at 12%, yea, usually it's like you are saying.

Ambush either overwrites it or misses, which would then mean 25% or more. Havent done that test so far but probably gonna do it after I got my GO run for the day down (or you are faster on doing it).

It's a hit at 20% with ambush, so A frame 20%. We should have sufficient reason to say atk break is also A frame 20% then.

Itoshira
09-04-2018, 02:15 AM
Since outrage didnt miss with the atk down, yea, I would say so too, unless they wanna throw such a curveball and mix frames :D

Thanks for confirming that.

Unregistered
09-04-2018, 05:28 AM
I just managed to get 3k jewels, should I save for the next event or use it now?
I have already spent 9k on this event
Here are the light and dark himes i have

Light SSR:
Metatron
Sol (only just obtained so not AW yet)
SR: Belobog, Diana, Uzume, Uranus, Baldr, Demeter, Durga, Djehuti

Dark SSR:
Susanoo (not AW)
SR: Beelzebub, Tsukuyomi, Pale Rider, Ren, Nyarlathotep, Bastet, Meretseger, Rangda

PS. I will never spend money on this game

Unregistered
09-04-2018, 05:47 AM
I just managed to get 3k jewels, should I save for the next event or use it now?
I have already spent 9k on this event
Here are the light and dark himes i have

Light SSR:
Metatron
Sol (only just obtained so not AW yet)
SR: Belobog, Diana, Uzume, Uranus, Baldr, Demeter, Durga, Djehuti

Dark SSR:
Susanoo (not AW)
SR: Beelzebub, Tsukuyomi, Pale Rider, Ren, Nyarlathotep, Bastet, Meretseger, Rangda

PS. I will never spend money on this game

Rate up is a lie anyway.
Even if you get Chernobog she won't help you that much. Your dark is yea... not good... to use her full potential...

Just use it whenever you want men.
Go get SSR Arty or wait for Baal U or save for limited KH Water Osiris or Thunder Aphro.

Seraphim01
09-04-2018, 09:55 PM
After doing this event for a few days, i think i will try for 200/100. Will do more if i have enough resources, currently at 55/58 but running low on bp seed. Havent use any ap pot though haha.

Cobblemaniac
09-04-2018, 10:25 PM
After doing this event for a few days, i think i will try for 200/100. Will do more if i have enough resources, currently at 55/58 but running low on bp seed. Havent use any ap pot though haha.

Iirc 225 has another jewel reward. I suggest you clear it to that point instead.

nonsensei
09-05-2018, 03:31 AM
Is this a dark event I see? Sortie time, my sweet light Rs!

https://youtu.be/ElQSGDMewY0

Unregistered
09-05-2018, 04:43 PM
I'm glad that this event came about when the game's been around long enough for a significant number of strong accounts to have developed such that pick up ragnaroks can still be facerolled through sheer numbers. If it instead came about way earlier in the game's life, I'd probably be raging at how mindlessly the general population still plays o.o

Cobblemaniac
09-05-2018, 08:10 PM
I'm glad that this event came about when the game's been around long enough for a significant number of strong accounts to have developed such that pick up ragnaroks can still be facerolled through sheer numbers. If it instead came about way earlier in the game's life, I'd probably be raging at how mindlessly the general population still plays o.o

Were you here when the Reiki event or the Valentine event rolled about?

It's practically dead sea levels of salt then, everyone was triggering cruel Ama's def buff to no end and for Valentine almost everyone was spamming the hell out of St Nicholas active.

Unregistered
09-05-2018, 08:36 PM
Oh, they're definitely annoying. But this event's more like I just can't trust other people to trigger the debuff wipe/atk buff at the right times, so making the wrong move is potentially lethal (mainly, it's about trying to dodge a buffed raging overdrive :/ ).
Good thing high level players are strong, and numerous, enough that I can sit around through raging mode :P

At least it isn't Jormungandr levels of dead raids floating around xP

Seraphim01
09-05-2018, 10:35 PM
Thats why i am rushing to collect devil soul first, i am afraid there will be less strong players as this raid go on.

Slashley
09-06-2018, 03:09 AM
Were you here when the Reiki event or the Valentine event rolled about?

It's practically dead sea levels of salt then, everyone was triggering cruel Ama's def buff to no end and for Valentine almost everyone was spamming the hell out of St Nicholas active.Oh man, as somebody who had Thunder Artemis, that was actually fun. Just get your full burst ready -> Dispel -> immediately burst. Most of the time, you'd get in a full damage burst whileas everyone else would be bursting for half.

But that raid sure sucked ass for anyone who didn't have that specific limited time SR Hime...

nonsensei
09-06-2018, 03:28 AM
Oh man, as somebody who had Thunder Artemis, that was actually fun. Just get your full burst ready -> Dispel -> immediately burst. Most of the time, you'd get in a full damage burst whileas everyone else would be bursting for half.

But that raid sure sucked ass for anyone who didn't have that specific limited time SR Hime...

Meanwhile, I just threw light at it & Sol did that work for me coz what is a thunder team?

On that note, I actually got something that starts to resemble that of a team for thunder, so I've finally done the Trivia mission:

https://youtu.be/amyCyelRKGQ

Cobblemaniac
09-06-2018, 03:32 AM
Meanwhile, I just threw light at it & Sol did that work for me coz what is a thunder team?

On that note, I actually got something that starts to resemble that of a team for thunder, so I've finally done the Trivia mission:

Iirc the debuff cap wasn't implemented yet during Reiki so Sol was still crazy broken.

Also,

It's not a thunder team with phantom element Thor dude :smirk:

Unregistered
09-06-2018, 10:09 AM
I actually got more usage than I ever expected from Tyr against Reiki. The constant def buff slowing everyone down bought me enough time to set up Finish Impact, wait for stun, cast Chaos Magic, then actually burst while still stunned.
Also, way too few people in general carry ways to dispel. Especially those St. Nicholas assholes. I feel like it's deliberate with them.

Unregistered
09-07-2018, 12:30 AM
been bothering me since the event began but who is that girl in background image above diana with the horns and 2 different eye colours
she's not in the game so yeah been bothering me :P

Cobblemaniac
09-07-2018, 12:50 AM
been bothering me since the event began but who is that girl in background image above diana with the horns and 2 different eye colours
she's not in the game so yeah been bothering me :P

Came as a collab login bonus afaik from her DMM entry that happened to coincide with Trivia.

We'll likely get her true another login bonus or as a gift after maintenance, although no one can actually predict when.

Unregistered
09-08-2018, 04:08 AM
I remember reading that rush/double attack is pretty useless, is the triple worth anything, or is this ssr basically just an assault?

Slashley
09-08-2018, 07:41 AM
Supposedly double is bad but triple is good. Honestly, it's quite likely they're both good as long as there is Assault to go with it.

Seraphim01
09-08-2018, 09:01 AM
208/98 rn. Maybe i will just try for 250/100. Pretty hard to find wind catasthrope during this event haha.

Unregistered
09-08-2018, 02:18 PM
I remember reading that rush/double attack is pretty useless, is the triple worth anything, or is this ssr basically just an assault?

So there are two separate issues/topics regarding rush:

1. Supposedly, the game is coded such that whether you double attack or not is rolled before whether you triple attack. In most cases, this isn't a noticable issue. But it can get weird when you're planning for really high levels of triple attack. It's basically a case of, don't worry about it unless you specifically game plan for high/guaranteed triple attacks.

2. Rush's merit as a second skill on a weapon; most of the time the focus will be on Rush (S) specifically.

To be clear, when it comes time to choosing between Assault (L) (that will dead end as that) and Assault (M)/Rush (S) for your grid, strictly on the basis of skills, you should pick the dual skill. Assault (L) at skill lvl 20 is +16% to assault. Assault (M)/Rush (S) at lvl 20 is +13% to assault and... +1-2% to double attack rate. DMM players are still testing Rush and Barrage out, so I've seen both 1% and 2% listed for Rush (S) at lv 20.
Some old advent SSRs that are pure Assault (L) get FLB sooner or later. The ones that do pick up Defender (S), so for this purpose, I'm not counting them as pure single skill weapons in the long term.
(future content) Also, if you're at the endgame, you may have picked up phantom/illusion weapons from the new ragnarok disaster raids. These weapons usually have amazing second skills, but they require you to use at least 6 weapons of the same type to activate. In that scenario, you may have to make concessions regarding the skills in your grid to accomodate that requirement.
Now with that out of the way...

Let's say you're at the point where you have 10 dual skill SSRs in your grid as you've been playing this game for quite a while. They're all Assault or Pride something as one skill with something else as the other. Then you pick up another dual skill SSR, as you're still playing this game. You have decisions to make on whether to include that new SSR in your grid or not. The stuff you've FLB'd by this point will presumably stay in the grid, as why waste the materials you spent on FLBing, right? So that leaves the weapons that are stuck at lv 125/skill lv 20.
I'll leave out the consideration for +20% stats from preferred weapons types and simplify this down to just skill comparisons.
Since everything in your grid should be raising your assault one way or another, we look at the other skill. Let's look at what the other skills offer at lv 20. Getting Rush and Barrage out of the way first as those are the least clear and are still being tested.

Rush (S) - as mentioned earlier, raises your double attack by 1% (as listed on the skills effect page itself) or up to 2% (from recent comments)
Rush (M) - the page lists 3%. I've seen comments pegging it closer to ~5%
Rush (L) - unlisted on the page unfortunately. The (not yet confirmed) logical guess would be to add a couple more percentage points to Medium's effect.
While it's still hazy, things generally point to the small sized effect as kind of sucking.

Barrage (S) - raise triple attack by... 1% according to the page.
Barrage (M) - the page says 2%
Barrage (L) - unlisted
I see more people testing Rush than Barrage :/
The % increase to the rates themselves are probably a bit behind those of Rush's, but the payoff is of course, triple attack vs double attack.

Defender (S) - raise HP by 10%
Defender (M) - raise HP by 13%
Defender (L) - raise HP by 16%
Now if you notice, starting from Defender on, the small effect isn't absurdly proportionally small in relation to the medium or large. You'll see that when comparing small against small, Rush (S) looks really bad.

Stinger (S) - currently thought to be 10% chance of an activation
Stinger (M) - currently thought to be 13% chance of an activation
Stinger (L) - currently thought to be 16% chance of an activation
Stinger is basically the critical effect; if you have elemental advantage, you roll the dice. If you roll a success, you get bonus damage. The interesting thing about Stinger is that each individual Stinger skill gets its own roll. Each success/activation you get, you add 20% to special atk*.
Example: You have 3 weapons with Stinger (S) at lv 20 and you have advantage. Each time you attack/use a direct damage skill/burst, roll the dice 3 times. Each die that succeeds at 10% each adds 20% to special. So 1 success = +20% to special. 2 successes = +40% to special. 3 successes = +60% to special.
What happens if you use a kamihime's critical attack buff while having stinger in the grid? I don't know :/
*special is another multiplier, like assault/character_atk or elemental_atk. Current examples of bonuses to special_atk are berserk and the stun/rage punishers.

Exceed (S) - +30% burst damage (this is the burst damage buff that has a cap of +500%), and +20% burst damage attenuation value/soft damage cap
Exceed (M) - I'm assuming +45% burst damage. The lv 20 is actually unlisted, but it's +26% at lv 1. The scaling looks like +1% per lvl. +30% to burst damage attenuation value
Exceed (L) - the +burst damage is completely unlisted. +40% to burst damage attenuation value
The +burst damage isn't all that important unless you have a lot of it. The increase to the soft damage cap of your burst attacks is the really important aspect. If you didn't already know, every attack has an attentuation value/soft damage cap. If/when you go over this, all additional damage past this cap is reduced to one tenth of what it originally was. An individual kamihime's burst attack normally has a soft damage cap of 1 million. If you would have dealt 2 million damage, it gets reduced to 1 million + (1 million / 10) = 1.1 million. Raising the cap by 20% (that is, to 1.2 million), changes that to 1.2 million + (800k / 10) = 1.28 million.
Exceed's ability to raise the soft damage cap is itself limited to +100%
Now since there are some kamihime with the ability to raise their own burst attenuation value (like awakened Uriel) or an ally's (like water Freya), I don't know how those work with Exceed. DMM players care to chime in?

Ascension (S) - raise the upper limit of healing by 24%/raise healing amount by 3%. Unless your max HP is low, the important thing is raising the upper limit of healing.
Ascension (M) - raise the upper limit by 27%/raise amount by 4%
Ascension (L) - raise the upper limit by 30%/raise amount by 5%
Remember the +healing buff in union events? Or how awakened Sol's Caldo Luce has a side effect of buffing heals for a few turns? It's that in weapon skill form. Buffs to the upper limit of healing are themselves capped to +200%. I expect that to only potentially be an issue during union events.

Vigorous (S) - uhh... let's say it peaks at +8.5% to special atk
Vigorous (M) - peaks at +12% to special atk
Vigorous (L) - peaks at 15.5% to special atk
So this adds to special atk depending on the percentage of HP you have left. The more, the better (like an inverse Pride, but adds to special instead of assault). However, while Pride's formula is linear, Vigorous.... isn't. It degrades fast. If you're going to run Vigorous, you better be good at staying as healthy as you can for your important attacks.

Elaborate - +30% ability damage; apparently this aspect remains the same regardless of small/medium/large
It also raises the attenuation value for abilities; +2%/+3.5%/+5%. I'm not sure if that's just for lv 1 and then it goes up from there, or that's for all skill levels.
If you don't know how +abilty damage works; it's better if your abilities add up to a larger number of hits. Abilities that do few hits (at worst, they're single hitters), don't benefit a lot. The reason is that direct damage abilities are structured as (# of hits) * (damage_multiplier). +ability damage just directly adds to that damage_multiplier.

Slashley
09-08-2018, 03:48 PM
Really, the only nitpick I have of that (quite impressive) wall of text is this:

--
1. Supposedly, the game is coded such that whether you double attack or not is rolled before whether you triple attack. In most cases, this isn't a noticable issue. But it can get weird when you're planning for really high levels of triple attack. It's basically a case of, don't worry about it unless you specifically game plan for high/guaranteed triple attacks.
--I believe guaranteed triple (such as Cu) ignore double attack chance entirely. So it's only a problem if you plan for extreme levels of triple specifically.

Also, damn. I've been saying for ages that it's very likely that Rush is being underrated in % in the wiki. I guess people are finally properly testing it.

QXZ
09-08-2018, 08:41 PM
So there are two separate issues/topics regarding rush:

2. Rush's merit as a second skill on a weapon; most of the time the focus will be on Rush (S) specifically.

To be clear, when it comes time to choosing between Assault (L) (that will dead end as that) and Assault (M)/Rush (S) for your grid, strictly on the basis of skills, you should pick the dual skill. Assault (L) at skill lvl 20 is +16% to assault. Assault (M)/Rush (S) at lvl 20 is +13% to assault and... +1-2% to double attack rate. DMM players are still testing Rush and Barrage out, so I've seen both 1% and 2% listed for Rush (S) at lv 20.
Some old advent SSRs that are pure Assault (L) get FLB sooner or later. The ones that do pick up Defender (S), so for this purpose, I'm not counting them as pure single skill weapons in the long term.
(future content) Also, if you're at the endgame, you may have picked up phantom/illusion weapons from the new ragnarok disaster raids. These weapons usually have amazing second skills, but they require you to use at least 6 weapons of the same type to activate. In that scenario, you may have to make concessions regarding the skills in your grid to accomodate that requirement.
Now with that out of the way...

Let's say you're at the point where you have 10 dual skill SSRs in your grid as you've been playing this game for quite a while. They're all Assault or Pride something as one skill with something else as the other. Then you pick up another dual skill SSR, as you're still playing this game. You have decisions to make on whether to include that new SSR in your grid or not. The stuff you've FLB'd by this point will presumably stay in the grid, as why waste the materials you spent on FLBing, right? So that leaves the weapons that are stuck at lv 125/skill lv 20.
I'll leave out the consideration for +20% stats from preferred weapons types and simplify this down to just skill comparisons.
Since everything in your grid should be raising your assault one way or another, we look at the other skill. Let's look at what the other skills offer at lv 20. Getting Rush and Barrage out of the way first as those are the least clear and are still being tested.

Rush (S) - as mentioned earlier, raises your double attack by 1% (as listed on the skills effect page itself) or up to 2% (from recent comments)
Rush (M) - the page lists 3%. I've seen comments pegging it closer to ~5%
Rush (L) - unlisted on the page unfortunately. The (not yet confirmed) logical guess would be to add a couple more percentage points to Medium's effect.
While it's still hazy, things generally point to the small sized effect as kind of sucking.

Barrage (S) - raise triple attack by... 1% according to the page.
Barrage (M) - the page says 2%
Barrage (L) - unlisted
I see more people testing Rush than Barrage :/
The % increase to the rates themselves are probably a bit behind those of Rush's, but the payoff is of course, triple attack vs double attack.

Defender (S) - raise HP by 10%
Defender (M) - raise HP by 13%
Defender (L) - raise HP by 16%
Now if you notice, starting from Defender on, the small effect isn't absurdly proportionally small in relation to the medium or large. You'll see that when comparing small against small, Rush (S) looks really bad.

Stinger (S) - currently thought to be 10% chance of an activation
Stinger (M) - currently thought to be 13% chance of an activation
Stinger (L) - currently thought to be 16% chance of an activation
Stinger is basically the critical effect; if you have elemental advantage, you roll the dice. If you roll a success, you get bonus damage. The interesting thing about Stinger is that each individual Stinger skill gets its own roll. Each success/activation you get, you add 20% to special atk*.
Example: You have 3 weapons with Stinger (S) at lv 20 and you have advantage. Each time you attack/use a direct damage skill/burst, roll the dice 3 times. Each die that succeeds at 10% each adds 20% to special. So 1 success = +20% to special. 2 successes = +40% to special. 3 successes = +60% to special.
What happens if you use a kamihime's critical attack buff while having stinger in the grid? I don't know :/
*special is another multiplier, like assault/character_atk or elemental_atk. Current examples of bonuses to special_atk are berserk and the stun/rage punishers.

Exceed (S) - +30% burst damage (this is the burst damage buff that has a cap of +500%), and +20% burst damage attenuation value/soft damage cap
Exceed (M) - I'm assuming +45% burst damage. The lv 20 is actually unlisted, but it's +26% at lv 1. The scaling looks like +1% per lvl. +30% to burst damage attenuation value
Exceed (L) - the +burst damage is completely unlisted. +40% to burst damage attenuation value
The +burst damage isn't all that important unless you have a lot of it. The increase to the soft damage cap of your burst attacks is the really important aspect. If you didn't already know, every attack has an attentuation value/soft damage cap. If/when you go over this, all additional damage past this cap is reduced to one tenth of what it originally was. An individual kamihime's burst attack normally has a soft damage cap of 1 million. If you would have dealt 2 million damage, it gets reduced to 1 million + (1 million / 10) = 1.1 million. Raising the cap by 20% (that is, to 1.2 million), changes that to 1.2 million + (800k / 10) = 1.28 million.
Exceed's ability to raise the soft damage cap is itself limited to +100%
Now since there are some kamihime with the ability to raise their own burst attenuation value (like awakened Uriel) or an ally's (like water Freya), I don't know how those work with Exceed. DMM players care to chime in?

Ascension (S) - raise the upper limit of healing by 24%/raise healing amount by 3%. Unless your max HP is low, the important thing is raising the upper limit of healing.
Ascension (M) - raise the upper limit by 27%/raise amount by 4%
Ascension (L) - raise the upper limit by 30%/raise amount by 5%
Remember the +healing buff in union events? Or how awakened Sol's Caldo Luce has a side effect of buffing heals for a few turns? It's that in weapon skill form. Buffs to the upper limit of healing are themselves capped to +200%. I expect that to only potentially be an issue during union events.

Vigorous (S) - uhh... let's say it peaks at +8.5% to special atk
Vigorous (M) - peaks at +12% to special atk
Vigorous (L) - peaks at 15.5% to special atk
So this adds to special atk depending on the percentage of HP you have left. The more, the better (like an inverse Pride, but adds to special instead of assault). However, while Pride's formula is linear, Vigorous.... isn't. It degrades fast. If you're going to run Vigorous, you better be good at staying as healthy as you can for your important attacks.

Elaborate - +30% ability damage; apparently this aspect remains the same regardless of small/medium/large
It also raises the attenuation value for abilities; +2%/+3.5%/+5%. I'm not sure if that's just for lv 1 and then it goes up from there, or that's for all skill levels.
If you don't know how +abilty damage works; it's better if your abilities add up to a larger number of hits. Abilities that do few hits (at worst, they're single hitters), don't benefit a lot. The reason is that direct damage abilities are structured as (# of hits) * (damage_multiplier). +ability damage just directly adds to that damage_multiplier.

call me stupid... but what is the conclusion here? for the majority folks out here, what are the popular choices / order of priority?

Itoshira
09-08-2018, 09:23 PM
The most common choices are Assault and Exceed, since we are driving straight up into a "Full Burst Meta" thanks to Shingen and Hime that make her more and more possible for fast usage (later down the line with the MP Skills she is even more usable and the Accessory Set Bonus from Tiara to increase the chance of double and triple attacks by a lot). Exceed can be achieved by the second weapon of the UE as every one of those will have Exceed after FLB. Only Wind has Exceed after FLB on both their UE weapons. This means that 3 of those are 90% increased Burst cap damage (1.9m then is the burst cap). Obviously it is also possible to achieve from certain Hime-Weapons or Draconic Eye weapons, but this is not the majority friendly version. Since they have either Pride or Assault on their UE weapons, you gain a lot of power just from them. Goal is to dish out high amounts of damage in the shortest amount of turns, so you basically build a team that can FB in like 4 or 5 turns already, while also doing high amounts of damage to gain control over the Normal-Rage-Stun-Phases to minimize the incoming damage.

Additionally Defender does not hurt and makes your team more usable in other situations due to having a larger HP pool. The rest is basically as it comes with taking in Assault weapons. Some may wanna take Vigorous for having addtional power during Burst hours, others may favor Ascension for the more balanced route with a Healer in their party. At that point you are free to take what you want, their is no real major difference and depends on what you like.

Cobblemaniac
09-08-2018, 09:23 PM
call me stupid... but what is the conclusion here? for the majority folks out here, what are the popular choices / order of priority?

OP likely left it to our interpretation, but here's my take.

First, I bring you to this statement here.

Let's say you're at the point where you have 10 dual skill SSRs in your grid as you've been playing this game for quite a while.

I risk coming out as an elitist prick but I'd like to put this out here: a majority of the players will not have reached this state, and those that do likely know what priorities they would want on their weapon second skill. If you haven't reached this state, you take whatever you can get.

That said, it's a question nonetheless so answer it I shall. I assume skill 1 is assault for the convenience of it, since pretty much everyone goes for assault first thing.

Defender is by far the safest pick for a second skill on your weapon if your intention is to nickel and dime something out of a dual skill weapon. Extra HP never hurts if it doesn't sacrifice your assault value.

Ascension basically adds to the meme in this forum that is light immortality, A-Sol + ascension weapons. In fact, the other meme about this weapon class is basically only light event weapons out of all the other event weapons carry this trait. So in the context of light, how good is it? Very, until the light DPS era comes in, and when you actually get those girls. You have about 3 months to play around with 3-4k heals in the mean time. Also obviously, you won't get any use out of this weapon skill if you don't have heals in the first place.

Vigor is tricky. On one hand it buffs the special atk frame, which is really OP, but on the other exponential decrease of the effect can really kill the skill altogether. The one area I can see vigor weapons being really good in is at burst hour, and I don't think I need to explain why. We'll have 12 team setups coming our way soon, so dedicating a build to burst hour for each element becomes much more feasible anyway.

Elaborate... I'll call it blargh. Same reason why ability damage is ranked low on accessory skills.

Exceed is... both tasty looking and eh at the same time. A passive boost to burst damage helps for quick burst builds such as in wind, while the buff to burst damage cap really helps stun punishers and certain himes that don't run a burst cap increase along with burst damage buff (looking at you Asherah), but the second category doesn't happen often anyway. I'd imagine this skill is an end gamer's dream though, because anywhere below end game players aren't likely to get anything much worth out of this skill without burst optimisation, either chaingun or rocket launcher style.

Stinger is also special atk, but the trick lies in the RNG. I personally don't support RNG style play, but the boost in atk when it does proc looks healthy, so by all means, gamble if you must.

The rush and barrage skills... given the luxury of choice I would avoid because a 1-5% chance boost per turn sounds negligible compared to the benefits you're guaranteed (kinda) to get with other skills. Another RNG-centric pick.

Bear
09-08-2018, 09:38 PM
1-5% chance boost per turn sounds negligible

> 1~5% boost on top of a hime's existing 8%/3% or 10%/5% if AW'd.
> The increase isn't as negligible as you make it sound especially when you're only gonna be using these with assault anyway

Unregistered
09-08-2018, 10:51 PM
Thanks for all the information.

Cobblemaniac
09-08-2018, 11:01 PM
> The increase isn't as negligible as you make it sound especially when you're only gonna be using these with assault anyway

Fair point, considering it's a second skill.

The other thing is that non whales won't get the luxury of choice anyway.

Slashley
09-09-2018, 03:19 AM
call me stupid... but what is the conclusion here? for the majority folks out here, what are the popular choices / order of priority?Short version: Assault + anything > Assault > other.
> The increase isn't as negligible as you make it sound especially when you're only gonna be using these with assault anyway23/25% double and 18/20% triple, you mean~

The closer you get to 100% combo, the better. So there is certainly value in dbl+/trpl+ weapons.

Bear
09-09-2018, 07:25 AM
^ You wont have the 10/10% from Acc set bonus until you actually get to unlock them next April. And only after you've dealt with Lv90 Rags. Worry about what you can use before that first.

Slashley
09-09-2018, 09:11 AM
^ You wont have the 10/10% from Acc set bonus until you actually get to unlock them next April. And only after you've dealt with Lv90 Rags. Worry about what you can use before that first.Oh, so it's 10/10% now, down from 15/15%?

Still huge, just far less huge than before.

Bear
09-09-2018, 09:30 AM
It's between 10~15%. I just take the lower value.

sanahtlig
09-09-2018, 03:01 PM
Assault and Exceed give you guaranteed spike damage, and spike damage is king in this game. The other skills are more situational.

Unregistered
09-09-2018, 03:39 PM
Is there some where people can see the list of all exceed weapons?

Unregistered
09-09-2018, 04:12 PM
Actually... yes. Use the JP wiki, go to the weapons page, check the enable filter box, look for the skill category, and filter for what the katakana for 'exceed' is.
Since we're only caring about SSRs here, presumably we're doing this with the SSR only weapon page.

If you're using google translate and need help copying the katakana for 'exceed', first just filter for any random exceed weapon. 'Abyss assault dark exceed', which is the fourth option below 'all', will do. Then just mouse over the skill for either Berith or Samael's weapon to get the popup with the original text. Then just copy the respective katakana (five symbols long; it's エクシード if it shows up on your browser). Then paste it into the entry field for skill filtering.

VeryVoodoo
09-09-2018, 08:30 PM
It's between 10~15%. I just take the lower value.

Did the acc set bonuses come out at the same time when they released acc 5 quests on DMM? And if not, then when did the acc set bonuses release on DMM?

Cobblemaniac
09-09-2018, 08:40 PM
Did the acc set bonuses come out at the same time when they released acc 5 quests on DMM? And if not, then when did the acc set bonuses release on DMM?

They release along with the lvl 90 rags. You unlock the accessory slots by getting the new material drops from those true rags, which have elements. Aka, since wind true rag releases first, your wind himes will be the first to get their 4th and 5th accessory slots.

The bonuses only unlock when you unlock all the accessory slots of a hime.

Bear
09-09-2018, 08:57 PM
They release along with the lvl 90 rags. You unlock the accessory slots by getting the new material drops from those true rags, which have elements. Aka, since wind true rag releases first, your wind himes will be the first to get their 4th and 5th accessory slots.

The bonuses only unlock when you unlock all the accessory slots of a hime.

FRag + WaRag -> WiRag -> TRag -> LRag -> DRag

Cobblemaniac
09-09-2018, 09:03 PM
FRag + WaRag -> WiRag -> TRag -> LRag -> DRag

Oops... should've checked the DMM wiki to confirm...

Hopefully whatever else I said still holds true.

Unregistered
09-09-2018, 09:40 PM
Actually... yes. Use the JP wiki, go to the weapons page, check the enable filter box, look for the skill category, and filter for what the katakana for 'exceed' is.
Since we're only caring about SSRs here, presumably we're doing this with the SSR only weapon page.

If you're using google translate and need help copying the katakana for 'exceed', first just filter for any random exceed weapon. 'Abyss assault dark exceed', which is the fourth option below 'all', will do. Then just mouse over the skill for either Berith or Samael's weapon to get the popup with the original text. Then just copy the respective katakana (five symbols long; it's エクシード if it shows up on your browser). Then paste it into the entry field for skill filtering.

Thank you.

Seraphim01
09-10-2018, 02:42 AM
What should i do with 2 extra copy of trivia (got them from ticket)?

Cobblemaniac
09-10-2018, 02:45 AM
What should i do with 2 extra copy of trivia (got them from ticket)?

Sell em.

10 characters.

Seraphim01
09-10-2018, 02:56 AM
Ok, thx cobble

Unregistered
09-10-2018, 05:27 PM
946 tickets later, I rolled only three SR fodder weapons o.o
And this is the second time in which I've been around for the whole raid and could not complete a 3* copy of the kamihime's weapon for collection purposes. What the hell, this should be easy. At least it's only Yam and Vlad Tepes left, before Tartarus returns to raids guaranteeing 4 of each SR.

Cobblemaniac
09-10-2018, 11:31 PM
946 tickets later, I rolled only three SR fodder weapons o.o
And this is the second time in which I've been around for the whole raid and could not complete a 3* copy of the kamihime's weapon for collection purposes. What the hell, this should be easy. At least it's only Yam and Vlad Tepes left, before Tartarus returns to raids guaranteeing 4 of each SR.

Well, looks like this time it's the game itself shutting me up about getting 20+ SR weapons from raid :rofl:

No but seriously that sounds like a terrible drop rate.

Amak
09-10-2018, 11:48 PM
Can anyone confirm or deny: Is there a problem/bug with Trivia's passive 40% attack bonus? Someone from my union noticed a damage decrease when switching from Amphisbaena to Trivia. I think I might have seen something like this myself while farming Gem quests but I'm not 100% sure. We're talking FLB, max level Eidolons, no other switches in the kamihimes or grid.

Bear
09-10-2018, 11:52 PM
It's bugged. Yes.

Unregistered
09-11-2018, 09:04 AM
It's bugged. Yes.
You mean it's still bugged on DMM?

Slashley
09-11-2018, 10:04 AM
You mean it's still bugged on DMM?Was it ever bugged on DMM?

Bear
09-11-2018, 10:59 AM
Negative. Nope.

VeryVoodoo
09-11-2018, 04:23 PM
Special Nutaku-exclusive content. We should feel honored.

Kastro
09-11-2018, 06:47 PM
one more for the badly made things of nutaku