PDA

View Full Version : Allowing Flash in Chrome

amoebapro
09-20-2018, 12:32 PM
I'm having trouble with flash settings in chrome, in fact they are not remembered by the browser since last update, at first I thought it was a little issue or something on my PC but when I google about it I found something that might be of concern:

Starting Chrome 69, every time the user restarts the browser sites using Flash will require an explicit click to run Flash. That is, previous settings for Flash will not be remembered.
https : / / w ww.chromium.org/flash-roadmap#TOC-Upcoming-Changes

Further and future Chrome updates will require more manual steps and/or make it harder to run Flash content. Adobe (creator of Flash) in conjunction with all major browsers, has announced to end-of-life Flash by the end of 2020.
https : / / blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2017/07/adobe-flash-update.html
https : / / w ww.chromium.org/flash-roadmap

You can help by asking such websites/webmasters to change to using modern HTML5, which will be supported by Chrome browser, Chromebooks, and mobile devices.

This will become a bigger and bigger problem for websites that haven't converted their Flash content to other distribution methods.

Here's the original link:
h ttps : / / productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/aMxoDlVOr6s;context-place=forum/chrome

For now I am probably going to switch to another browser, but thinking on the long term what is Nutaku's position on this? It is possible to move or re-code the game to HTML5?

Myers
09-20-2018, 01:32 PM
Right, I heard this was something Google did to dissuade the use of flash and instead use something else. Personally, I don't think having to click just two more things every time is that big of an issue, but I hope Nutaku move it something like HTML5 if possible.

Ampchan
09-20-2018, 07:35 PM
You can probably enable automatic flash loading in the settings. They did this with several updates now.

amoebapro
09-20-2018, 11:47 PM
You can probably enable automatic flash loading in the settings. They did this with several updates now.

Yes I can, the problem is that chrome doesn't remember any flash settings when I reopen FKG, or any other Nutaku's window using flash, and what makes me worry is that this time they are openly stating their unwillingness to fix this and their intentions to make it harder to run flash content from now on. :fear:

Zandel
09-21-2018, 02:09 AM
Yes I can, the problem is that chrome doesn't remember any flash settings when I reopen FKG, or any other Nutaku's window using flash, and what makes me worry is that this time they are openly stating their unwillingness to fix this and their intentions to make it harder to run flash content from now on. :fear:

Almost all browsers have stated the same thing, flash is old tech now and most of them just do not like it at all.

Ampchan
09-21-2018, 07:15 PM

Oh Well Flash will officially be gone on Jan of 2020, but don't worry. FKG will either be dead or html5 by then

Edit: Seems like they removed the always allow feature for a specific site. Well that really sucks quite a lot.

hypo
09-22-2018, 12:34 AM
Oh Well Flash will officially be gone on Jan of 2020, but don't worry. FKG will either be dead or html5 by then

Edit: Seems like they removed the always allow feature for a specific site. Well that really sucks quite a lot.

I still have that setting when I click on the lock icon next to the url.

Ampchan
09-22-2018, 09:02 AM
yeah but they made it reset on chrome close. :Sadroo:

amoebapro
09-22-2018, 11:53 AM
Right, I heard this was something Google did to dissuade the use of flash and instead use something else. Personally, I don't think having to click just two more things every time is that big of an issue, but I hope Nutaku move it something like HTML5 if possible.
No big issue now but its kind of annoying and I still visit some sites using flash that's why I'm switching.

Almost all browsers have stated the same thing, flash is old tech now and most of them just do not like it at all.
I knew that at some point they will stop supporting flash in favor of HTML5, what I didn't knew is that chrome will undermine the process before the deadline.

HTML5 I hope, I've seen some games on Nutaku that don't require flash but I wonder what is the situation in DMM's hq... :think:

AgentFakku
09-22-2018, 01:33 PM
not working for me

is DMM FKG HTML?

I do play it but Im a noob when it comes to computers LOL

MagicSpice
09-22-2018, 03:06 PM
I play the game off puffin... they have a mobile and PC version...

And the game runs ultra fast like that. This is how fast:

https://youtu.be/a-DrpZ0mz-Y

Ampchan
09-22-2018, 05:17 PM
not working for me

is DMM FKG HTML?

I do play it but Im a noob when it comes to computers LOL

I think dmm went html5 when it added the mobile version but don't quote me on that. Its just adding a mobile version adds a lot of points one can exploit and I would imagine they made sure to switch to html5 when they added the mobile version. Even if they haven't they will very soon.

hypo
09-23-2018, 01:01 AM
There is a flag who sets the flash permission autoclear

Zandel
09-23-2018, 05:06 PM

For Chrome go to Chrome://flags to disable this and have it work as it used to. Easy fix.

Ampchan
09-23-2018, 08:47 PM
You both are life saviors for us technologically challenged.

amoebapro
09-24-2018, 03:49 PM
I play the game off puffin... they have a mobile and PC version...

And the game runs ultra fast like that. This is how fast:

Thanks man, its good to know that there are options out there.

For Chrome go to Chrome://flags to disable this and have it work as it used to. Easy fix.

Yep, that fixed it.

Thanks, really really thanks to both of you guys.