PDA

View Full Version : [Event 66] Tower of Malice vs Dysnomia Philos

Kitty
11-25-2018, 07:58 AM
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/314411010301755392/516269291511742474/unknown.png?width=893&height=408

woah I am just jumping straight into this one with no clue whatsoever.
So, this is a new type of event that a LOT of us have been patiently waiting for, due to the super fucking OP rewards we get.

Brief summary of the event:
There are 15 floors to clear and they get "harder" as the tower progresses through them, and you are unable to use elixers in battle if you lose.

1F - 1 stage, 3 beginner enemies

2F - 1 stage, 2 standard enemies

3F - 1 stage, 3 standard enemies

4F - 2 stages, 3 beginner enemies > 1 expert enemy

5F - 1 stage, 1 ultimate enemy

(and so on)

e.g. 13F has Crom Cruach as an enemy, with 10M HP (standard)

and the last, 15F has Dysnomia Philos as the enemy, with 8M HP (ultimate)

Each of these floors has a set of missions, similar to Guild Order

e.g. clear the mission once/twice
clear the mission with 3 or 5 still alive (depending on the stage)
clear the mission with WATER hime only
clear the mission with x2 DEF/OFFENSE type hime
clear the mission within 15T (for 15F)

You will get a bonus amount of Tower Medals depending on the amount of turns you have in a battle.

0 to 4T Tower medal x 50
5 to 9T Tower medal x 40
10 to 14T Tower medal x 30
15 to 19T Tower medal x 20
20 to 24T Tower medal x 10
25T Tower medal x 0

Recommended Setup (VERY important)

For the easier stages, you should use JUST the needed amount of hime and soul for the mission of 3 still alive, as once you use a hime in a battle, you can not use her again in any teams for up to 3 days. (so do NOT use sub himes in these battles)
This is a very strategic event, so don't just go into a battle with your main/strongest setup and fuck up the event for yourself.

Recommended Himes for each stage

1F-7F - ONLY Water Rs/Useless SRs

8F- Ganges, Kikuri-Hime, Gabriel, Nike [Unleashed]

9F - Sequana

12F - Cthulhu, Belphagor (take down enemy order: bottom → middle → top, 2/2: middle → top → bottom.)

13F - Aphrodite, Poseidon, Nike U

----

More information here - http://xn--hckqz0e9cygq471ahu9b.xn--wiki-4i9hs14f.com/index.php?%E3%83%97%E3%83%AD%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B9%E3% 81%AE%E5%A1%94

Follow this link for videos of this event from DMM > https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=TOWER+OF+MALICE+%E3%83%97%E3% 83%AD%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B9%E3%81%AE%E5%A1%94

Example of a "recommended setup":

https://blog-imgs-118.fc2.com/t/a/b/tabinomichisugara/yjuytkti65e.png

GOOD LUCK!

MagicSpice
11-25-2018, 08:19 AM
well.... fuck.... my grids are still not ready.... I have to mass pump resources into my water grid soon.

good thing i'm also sitting on 167 kamihime, but among SSR.... my water selection still sucks.

Kitty
11-25-2018, 08:20 AM
well damn i also have 167 kami and all of my grids are above 120% hardy hardy har har

AutoCrimson
11-25-2018, 08:25 AM
pff those whales.. im sitting on 145 and 23 water himes (2 ssr) to be exact

Kitty
11-25-2018, 08:26 AM
eh well i'm glad i have something to show for being a whale
uh uh i mean an indirect whale since i never spent a penny of my own money

Slashley
11-25-2018, 08:39 AM
--
So, this is a new type of event that a LOT of us have been patiently waiting for, due to the super fucking OP rewards we get.--Rewards? Isn't it literally just a brick for 10k points and absolutely nothing else? Not to mention that 10k points means perfect runs, so you're unlikely to get that unless you own Rudra.

If you can reach ~8k points you will get a brick from second, third and fourth Tower events. So ~June 2019 you can get your hands on ONE of those triple-skill SSR Hime weapons...

Kitty
11-25-2018, 08:44 AM
eh i'm gay i wouldn't mind getting my hands on the sr ticket because i like anything to do with gacha cus am an addict .
but yeah you can get wep or eido bricks , bunch of accessories and some other shit

sanahtlig
11-25-2018, 09:01 AM
Rewards? Isn't it literally just a brick for 10k points and absolutely nothing else? Not to mention that 10k points means perfect runs, so you're unlikely to get that unless you own Rudra.

If you can reach ~8k points you will get a brick from second, third and fourth Tower events. So ~June 2019 you can get your hands on ONE of those triple-skill SSR Hime weapons...
If I had a +100% eidolon, I'd probably use bricks to buff that. That's roughly +2% damage per 15k medals, and your friends can use it also. I also wouldn't be surprised if eidolons got their own final limit break someday.

Slashley
11-25-2018, 09:19 AM
If I had a +100% eidolon, I'd probably use bricks to buff that. That's roughly +2% damage per 15k medals, and your friends can use it also. I also wouldn't be surprised if eidolons got their own final limit break someday.If I read the wiki right, you can only buy weapon bricks from Tower events. The Eidolon bricks are from new Union punchbag "events."

nut
11-25-2018, 09:26 AM
Rewards? Isn't it literally just a brick for 10k points and absolutely nothing else? Not to mention that 10k points means perfect runs, so you're unlikely to get that unless you own Rudra.

There is also a ranking reward so with floor 12-13 clear and rank around 3000, I think 10000 medals still possible in one event
Pic for ranking rewards:

Gludateton
11-25-2018, 09:30 AM

Do remember that you get medals from ranking too.

sanahtlig
11-25-2018, 09:32 AM
If I read the wiki right, you can only buy weapon bricks from Tower events. The Eidolon bricks are from new Union punchbag "events."
Ah, I didn't realize there were two types of medals. Good to know.

Slashley
11-25-2018, 09:40 AM
There is also a ranking reward so with floor 12-13 clear and rank around 3000, I think 10000 medals still possible in one event
Pic for ranking rewards:
11658Oh, fair enough. I think 10k is the very maximum you can earn from the event itself, so 15k with the ranking reward. Nutaku tends to be way more lax on those rankings, but even then I very much doubt there will be non-Rudras in top50.

8500 points and top5000 for a brick per Tower could be "easy" for veterans though, since Nutaku seems to have ~10k active players.

sanahtlig
11-25-2018, 09:52 AM
Oh, fair enough. I think 10k is the very maximum you can earn from the event itself, so 15k with the ranking reward. Nutaku tends to be way more lax on those rankings, but even then I very much doubt there will be non-Rudras in top50.

8500 points and top5000 for a brick per Tower could be "easy" for veterans though, since Nutaku seems to have ~10k active players.
I expect veterans with at least one maxed team and trying their best to be in the top 1000.

Laventale
11-25-2018, 10:03 AM
This shit is gonna be lit. Too bad I'm not playing anymore so yeah...

Good luck everyone!.

Dejnov
11-25-2018, 01:28 PM
Is the restriction on not using a person more than once only apply to Hime's or also Souls?

Can you use other element Himes in this challenge also?

Dejnov.

Laventale
11-25-2018, 01:48 PM
Is the restriction on not using a person more than once only apply to Hime's or also Souls?

Dejnov.

1- I believe it does, not sure tho.
2- Yes, you can, there's also off-element missions I believe.

Kitty
11-25-2018, 01:49 PM
You can use off element himes, but you really shouldn't use any other element himes if you want to complete all the missions... it applies to just himes, not souls though

woah fuc u laven u beat me to it

MagicSpice
11-25-2018, 02:00 PM
given my teams, I'll likely have to throw off element in there. my light team is near 130% assault alone (can actually pass it if I get the last 2 weapons their total remaining 11 skill levels) and fire is closing the gap at about 80%.

gonna end up the same case as guild order for me then. just going as far as i can to test the waters before I make any serious moves.

Bedevil
11-25-2018, 03:12 PM
thanks for all the information on how this confusing event works, since there really is a lot to it. I'm hoping i'm strong enough to atleast get a brick every 2 tower events...

Cobblemaniac
11-25-2018, 09:42 PM

Dejnov.

Himes only.

You can use other elements, but considering each floor has a mission requiring full element advantage clear (so this time it's water), you have to strategise which floors you need to use off-element, if need be.

Btw, you get only 16 tries and 15 floors the whole event.

2 keys per day.

Raistlansol
11-26-2018, 12:16 AM
Himes only.

You can use other elements, but considering each floor has a mission requiring full element advantage clear (so this time it's water), you have to strategise which floors you need to use off-element, if need be.

Btw, you get only 16 tries and 15 floors the whole event.

2 keys per day.

And one of the missions for the final floor is to clear it twice, so if you're going for maximising rewards you can't fail a single mission.

Unregistered
11-26-2018, 06:06 AM
So......
What does this event really give if they give medal(?) as reward?

nut
11-26-2018, 06:36 AM
So......
What does this event really give if they give medal(?) as reward?

Medals can be exchanged for items at shop, there is item to limit break SSR weapon without using another copy or flb item, gacha ticket, accessory, jewels... but most people will aim for the limit break SSR weapon item.

Unregistered
11-26-2018, 11:03 PM
in a nutshell prepare 4 teams of water himes like a team with R and useless sr, a team with good sr, a team with good sr/ssr and a team with nothing but ssr:P

VeryVoodoo
11-26-2018, 11:50 PM
8 day event huh? Besides the keys to enter or whatnot, does the Tower take any AP/BP to enter?

nut
11-27-2018, 12:04 AM
in a nutshell prepare 4 teams of water himes like a team with R and useless sr, a team with good sr, a team with good sr/ssr and a team with nothing but ssr:P

Wonder how many team do we actually need, if hime got locked 3 days after join a battle, 4 teams will run out at day 2 as 2 battles per day, maybe 6 teams?

Cobblemaniac
11-27-2018, 07:24 AM
8 day event huh? Besides the keys to enter or whatnot, does the Tower take any AP/BP to enter?

Don't think so.

Wonder how many team do we actually need, if hime got locked 3 days after join a battle, 4 teams will run out at day 2 as 2 battles per day, maybe 6 teams?

You don't have to run a full team of 6 himes every floor. Though in later levels, you do because difficulty.

MagicSpice
11-27-2018, 09:28 PM
You don't have to run a full team of 6 himes every floor. Though in later levels, you do because difficulty.

this is why i'm glad some floors have lowered difficulty. it'd be a different story if you had to deal with high HP mobs all the time.

definitely need to take advantage of the fact that you deal with tens of thousands of HP at first, then start facing millions later on...

SlickFenix
11-28-2018, 08:23 AM
Having the Key Blade Solomon Weapon for every element will greatly help with the lower floors and beating them quickly without the need for many or any Kami. You only need 1 copy of it, no need to MLB.

One of the early strategies that I read from DMM for tower was to hit the early floors on day 4, then wait 3 days for all your teams to CD, then proceed to the higher floors. with your strong teams on the last day... It was something like that. I don't remember all of the specifics.

Unregistered
11-28-2018, 03:15 PM
One of the early strategies that I read from DMM for tower was to hit the early floors on day 4, then wait 3 days for all your teams to CD, then proceed to the higher floors. with your strong teams on the last day... It was something like that. I don't remember all of the specifics.

You can enter twice daily, does it mean you can carry over your entries? Like on second day I can enter 4 times, cause I didn't enter on first day? Or do You mean that you can do few floors throughout one entry?

MagicSpice
11-28-2018, 03:46 PM
Having the Key Blade Solomon Weapon for every element will greatly help with the lower floors and beating them quickly without the need for many or any Kami. You only need 1 copy of it, no need to MLB.

wow, solomon got some use finally....

aside from the vlad event where she nuked the piss out of her due to how phantom element works... (i even took solomon ring and stuck it on herc's ex slot. both nukes shaved off over 1.5 mil if done right)

Unregistered
12-03-2018, 02:34 AM
each floor requires a key to be used, with only 7 days since they decided to launch on december 3 we can only reach floor 14 if you win them all
i checked all the floors they only require you to enter once

but still each floor requires a key so full clear is no option
i expected to be able to use a key to enter and reach floor 7 with 1 team not this 1 key per floor bs.....

Cobblemaniac
12-03-2018, 02:48 AM
each floor requires a key to be used, with only 7 days since they decided to launch on december 3 we can only reach floor 14 if you win them all

i expected to be able to use a key to enter and reach floor 7 with 1 team not this 1 key per floor bs.....

16 keys.

10 characters.

Unregistered
12-03-2018, 03:22 AM
You can enter twice daily, does it mean you can carry over your entries? Like on second day I can enter 4 times, cause I didn't enter on first day? Or do You mean that you can do few floors throughout one entry?

You can store keys. I always do these events on the 2nd, 5th, and 8th day since I like having all my himes available when I start.

MagicSpice
12-03-2018, 04:28 AM

you miscounted cause it's supposed to be 8 login days. the last day of an event usually doesn't get a full 24 hours though. it's the 3rd to the 10th really, making 8 days as in 16 keys.

also, you to clear floor 15 twice if you want to do all the missions... meaning you can't fail a run EVEN ONCE for full completion... so no mistakes if you wanna do all 45 missions.

Kitty
12-03-2018, 07:03 AM
Laven make me sticky pls
teehee

Laventale
12-03-2018, 02:29 PM
Laven make me sticky pls
teehee

Your wish is my command.

Unregistered
12-03-2018, 04:48 PM
FLB Kamihime weapon lol, fuck you all whales I go for tickets

Gludateton
12-03-2018, 05:01 PM

I think you've got it backwards. Those bricks are pretty much the only way for f2p player to get FLB Kamihime weapon. Whales could do without them.

Kitty
12-03-2018, 05:08 PM

mad lad same here

Unregistered
12-03-2018, 05:29 PM
I think you've got it backwards. Those bricks are pretty much the only way for f2p player to get FLB Kamihime weapon. Whales could do without them.

Do you think a f2p can roll the same Ssr weapon 4 fucking time ?

Unregistered
12-03-2018, 05:34 PM
No, you're supposed to roll once then use bricks for the rest of the way.
Whales who roll 4x of a weapon don't need the brick in the first place.

OtherGuy02
12-03-2018, 06:02 PM
The mechanics of this event are interesting. Character limiters, side missions, escalation... seems fun.

Though it does annoy me that you have to use a key to do EVERY fight, not just new fights. Why do I need to use a key to open a battle that already open? They could have just made it so that repeat runs award no additional medals unless it's from a previously uncompleted side mission so that you can't farm the lower ranks. It's already going to lock those characters for that run anyway so why make it more tedious then it has to be?

Cobblemaniac
12-03-2018, 06:44 PM
The mechanics of this event are interesting. Character limiters, side missions, escalation... seems fun.

Though it does annoy me that you have to use a key to do EVERY fight, not just new fights. Why do I need to use a key to open a battle that already open? They could have just made it so that repeat runs award no additional medals unless it's from a previously uncompleted side mission so that you can't farm the lower ranks. It's already going to lock those characters for that run anyway so why make it more tedious then it has to be?

Because the key limit is the strategy.

What's the point of planning if you can just whittle boss down off element and take em out with an on element team to get the mission clear afterwards without setback?

Unregistered
12-03-2018, 08:21 PM
No, you're supposed to roll once then use bricks for the rest of the way.
Whales who roll 4x of a weapon don't need the brick in the first place.

Lol 4 tower event for 1 FLB kami weapons, sound like a good deal lol

Unregistered
12-03-2018, 08:54 PM
The only scenario that worth the brick in my opinion is you roll the dupe 2 time, use the brick for 3rd limit break and use orichalcon for FLB

Cobblemaniac
12-03-2018, 09:14 PM
The only scenario that worth the brick in my opinion is you roll the dupe 2 time, use the brick for 3rd limit break and use orichalcon for FLB

Or the weapon has a godly FLB to begin with.

Unregistered
12-03-2018, 09:17 PM
It might sound like a lot of work, and it certainly is, but after 6 towers, you'll get 2 really good weapons. Not sure how this is a bad thing. Would you rather waste it on gems pulling Rs instead?

MagicSpice
12-03-2018, 09:24 PM
not sure why anyone is debating the bricks.... and eventually the bats...

remember those gacha weapons (and drag eye ones) that you gotta fight RNG for or pay really hard to win on? or those coveted kaisers and 100% eidolons that are hard to pull?

yeah, that's what those are for. I'm not even thinking about using break limit items for eidolons on anything but the kaisers and 100% ones... and those bricks, well i got a few drag eye weapons from ticket deals so those are targets (like the assault/barrage wind bow I have).

doesn't matter how you get them, the point is to max them. and as a fall back, 5k still gets you every SSR accessory of an element... with 10 upgrade mats... that's what, 4-8 higher AQ runs that we don't yet have? Cause AQ4 is still being a troll and not feeding me a single SSR.... EVER

Unregistered
12-03-2018, 09:31 PM
Personally, I'm using bricks to finally get my 2* Phoenix Bow and Apocalypse Lance up to 3* so I can FLB them. Because I spent 300 half-elixirs and quite a bit of real time on each of their reprints separately and couldn't get a copy to drop. I'm not happy about that.

Cobblemaniac
12-03-2018, 09:36 PM
and as a fall back, 5k still gets you every SSR accessory of an element... with 10 upgrade mats... that's what, 4-8 higher AQ runs that we don't yet have? Cause AQ4 is still being a troll and not feeding me a single SSR.... EVER

No. Remember this very clearly if you're going for an optimal pathway:

Nothing exists in tower shop other than the brick.

You do not claim that spending tower medals on anything else is even remotely worth it.

And as a footnote in case you forget: tower points carry over to the next tower. Including if you exceed 10k points.

MagicSpice
12-03-2018, 09:44 PM
No. Remember this very clearly if you're going for an optimal pathway:

Nothing exists in tower shop other than the brick.

You do not claim that spending tower medals on anything else is even remotely worth it.

And as a footnote in case you forget: tower points carry over to the next tower. Including if you exceed 10k points.

that's fine provided you're not pulling said gacha and drag eye weapons....

but i do agree with something someone said earlier. if you're whaling to already MLB and FLB that stuff, then the brick becomes useless

the brick does have the most priority, but it's still also situational (although extremely less situational than the rest of the list)...

Personally, I'm using bricks to finally get my 2* Phoenix Bow and Apocalypse Lance up to 3* so I can FLB them. Because I spent 300 half-elixirs and quite a bit of real time on each of their reprints separately and couldn't get a copy to drop. I'm not happy about that.

you couldn't buy them from the last reprint when the event shops refilled?

that's how I got mine... hell, if i wasn't stupid and accidentally got rid of one (failed to lock it), i'd have a lv150 and a lv100 phoenix bow...

Cobblemaniac
12-03-2018, 09:57 PM
that's fine provided you're not pulling said gacha and drag eye weapons....

but i do agree with something someone said earlier. if you're whaling to already MLB and FLB that stuff, then the brick becomes useless

the brick does have the most priority, but it's still also situational (although extremely less situational than the rest of the list)...

you couldn't buy them from the last reprint when the event shops refilled?

that's how I got mine... hell, if i wasn't stupid and accidentally got rid of one (failed to lock it), i'd have a lv150 and a lv100 phoenix bow...

Situational wouldn't be the correct term.

It's the very extreme of long term investment.

If you're whaling to get FLB and MLB of every element, then by the same argument everything becomes useless because if you can actually whale enough to affect your grid, you whale enough to have basically almost everything. Brick still has the most value out of it all.

Unregistered
12-03-2018, 10:05 PM
I did buy them from the last reprint. So I have a 4* and a 2* of both the Phoenix Bow and Apocalypse Lance.

Unregistered
12-03-2018, 11:01 PM
It might sound like a lot of work, and it certainly is, but after 6 towers, you'll get 2 really good weapons. Not sure how this is a bad thing. Would you rather waste it on gems pulling Rs instead?

To a f2p like me right now 3 SR kami tick, 6 kami tick and 15 premium tick is way better than a brick

Unregistered
12-04-2018, 05:04 AM
the tickets are also worth more to me then the brick granted i could go for the brick to FLB that gluttony lance but 10k costing brick which you get 1 of and 9k worthy of tickets roughly 3 SR or higher, 6 kamihime weapon tickets and 15 premium ones

yeah go for the tickets since tower event will come back

nut
12-04-2018, 05:34 AM
the tickets are also worth more to me then the brick granted i could go for the brick to FLB that gluttony lance but 10k costing brick which you get 1 of and 9k worthy of tickets roughly 3 SR or higher, 6 kamihime weapon tickets and 15 premium ones

yeah go for the tickets since tower event will come back

Doesn't FLB that lance with orichalcon will be cheaper? or did you missed one?

nonsensei
12-04-2018, 05:49 AM
The idea about taking the brick from tower shop is based on the fact that it's basically your only not paid way to acquire them. You can get everything else in the shop from other places. Sure, you can take the tickets & increase your own disappointment in gacha, but everything other than guaranteed SSR is a fake promise. A brick however guarantees you to get a step closer to FLBing a weapon. Even f2p guys get SSR hime weapons from time to time & there are quite a few that offer you better effects than your usual event weapon FLBs. Even one of these can give quite a boost to your grid & gathering 10k medals/tower (including the ones from ranking) isn't all that impossible. I'd say defeating tower until 12F (completing all or at least most missions) will secure you that.
That said, this concept works the most if you brick a weapon of your "main" element since bricking a weapon of your pick to MLB from LB0 takes 3 towers if you gather 10k each time. You might have a million reasons to say no to this kind of future investment & some might also be absolutely justified. It's a recommended pick, in the end, not a must.

Unregistered
12-04-2018, 05:50 AM
If you're just starting out, more kamis might seem enticing, but that's a very short term problem. If you plan to go anywhere with this game as a f2p (and not just use it for the hentai), you need to think longer term.

In the long term, the game will throw you tons of jewels that you can use to get many of the SRs in the game (and that's probably all you'll get with those tickets). That's not going to be the problem, you'll have your SRs (except some of the limited ones that you can't always pull). The problem will be trying to get a good enough grid to make those SR kamis good/competitive, because you won't have your pick at really powerful SSR kamis (you'll get some, but it's all RNG). Because of this, I'd highly recommend prioritizing on your grid even more, because that's the one thing you CAN control. A powerful grid combined with a friend 100% eidolon (even better if you rerolled your own) is basically the key for a f2p to get through the harder content.

sanahtlig
12-04-2018, 06:09 AM
Tower rewards are pretty marginal compared to other events: lots of effort and waiting for an incremental improvement. A typical event awards 1-2 SSR weapons (and sometimes a useful eidolon) every 2 weeks. Guild Orders award the limiting material to upgrade 1 weapon a week. Tower awards the material to upgrade 1 weapon every 4-6 months. Ironically, the rewards are worst for those who rely on elemental advantage, which is a prerequisite to get max rewards. Many players won't see the benefit of doing Tower at all for over 6 months. That's kind of insane. What fraction of players doing Tower right now will even be around then?

nonsensei
12-04-2018, 06:20 AM
Tower rewards are pretty marginal compared to other events: lots of effort and waiting for an incremental improvement. A typical event awards 1-2 SSR weapons (and sometimes a useful eidolon) every 2 weeks. Guild Orders award the limiting material to upgrade 2 weapons a week. Tower awards the material to upgrade 1 weapon every 4-6 months. Ironically, the rewards are worst for those who rely on elemental advantage, which is a prerequisite to get max rewards. Many players won't see the benefit of doing Tower at all for over 6 months. That's kind of insane. How many players doing Tower right now will even be around then?

No denying on the part that it takes time to see the fruits of it. But after reaching a certain point in your progression, you will hit a wall. Tower giving you bricks is one of the few ways to overcome that wall. And before the minimal effort input argument emerges, you don't have to do tower. You can completely ignore it, or just clear it up to the point where it still needs 0 mental work & take the tickets or whatever suits you. Brick is for those who actually do the event.
Personally, the rewards are kind of secondary to me. I'm pretty fond of this kind of mind game where you have to plan your moves ahead based on the information they provide you.

MagicSpice
12-04-2018, 07:33 AM
Honestly, it's easier to get these medals than people try to make it seem...

The event frequency would be the only issue aside from your own grids. But the fact that with a decent team, you can easily net around 5k medals from the first 8 floors, it's just a matter if you want to get them or not.

And why is there really a complaint about free stuff? Even in the case of event weapons, just use it as leveling fodder if you don't like the SSR weapon (or orbs in the case of the eidolon).

Would you rather pay money, drag eyes, and orichalcum to get some of this stuff upgraded to even get the chance to final break weapons? And like Non said, if you don't need the bricks, there's other stuff...

Unregistered
12-04-2018, 08:37 AM
Doesn't FLB that lance with orichalcon will be cheaper? or did you missed one?

...yessss? I got 2* from the original + 1st reprint. I bought the 4 copies from the 2nd Reprint. I need one more copy to get to 3*, at which point ori can be used for FLB.

It should be easy to put together when I stated that I have one 4* and one 2* copy while needing one to drop (and end up never did). Now I need to use a brick to get to 3* so I can then FLB it.

nut
12-04-2018, 09:35 AM
...yessss? I got 2* from the original + 1st reprint. I bought the 4 copies from the 2nd Reprint. I need one more copy to get to 3*, at which point ori can be used for FLB.

It should be easy to put together when I stated that I have one 4* and one 2* copy while needing one to drop (and end up never did). Now I need to use a brick to get to 3* so I can then FLB it.

Hmm, You probably mean Apocalypse lance as Gluttony lance just got added in the 2nd reprint

sanahtlig
12-04-2018, 10:11 AM
No denying on the part that it takes time to see the fruits of it. But after reaching a certain point in your progression, you will hit a wall. Tower giving you bricks is one of the few ways to overcome that wall.
Think of this from the perspective of a guide writer. Your task is to help players prioritize what to focus on to get stronger. They need A rewards to clear X content to get B rewards, and so on. For a while now, people have been pointing at Tower as the next big solo content challenge to overcome, a big paradigm shift in what's needed to excel. But what's at the end of that challenge? Hardly anything.

So that begs the question: why do you need to be strong enough to clear this? Why should you optimize to clear this particular content? To optimize for Tower, you need a lot of kamihime, elemental advantage, and highly-optimized damage-focused compositions that don't rely on debuffs. That's going to require a lot of resources invested, both in time and money. But in what other content will this optimized setup serve you? Why should we tell new players to invest in SSR kamihime Gatcha, 6 weapon grids, and specialized Miracle ticket picks to clear content like this? Is the return on the investment worth it?

Gludateton
12-04-2018, 10:40 AM
Think of this from the perspective of a guide writer. Your task is to help players prioritize what to focus on to get stronger. They need A rewards to clear X content to get B rewards, and so on. For a while now, people have been pointing at Tower as the next big solo content challenge to overcome, a big paradigm shift in what's needed to excel. But what's at the end of that challenge? Hardly anything.

So that begs the question: why do you need to be strong enough to clear this? Why should you optimize to clear this particular content? To optimize for Tower, you need a lot of kamihime, elemental advantage, and highly-optimized damage-focused compositions that don't rely on debuffs. That's going to require a lot of resources invested, both in time and money. But in what other content will this optimized setup serve you? Why should we tell new players to invest in SSR kamihime Gatcha, 6 weapon grids, and specialized Miracle ticket picks to clear content like this? Is the return on the investment worth it?

There are still HRags and additional levels of AQ around the corner.
Tower though requires so much, because it's competitive event. Would be kind of stupid if everyone got 1st place at this, wouldn't it ? And I actually think, that difficulty-wise they did it pretty well, all players can at least clear part of it and even if you can't clear floor 5 or 6 or whatever with one team, you can brute force your way by throwing everything you have with remaining keys.

Slashley
12-04-2018, 10:43 AM
So that begs the question: why do you need to be strong enough to clear this? --I think the best answer for this is: Because it's a game, and games are meant to be fun.

If all you want is your numbers to grow bigger, then Tower doesn't offer you much. Except what nonsensei said - a F2P player will hit a wall in progression without Tower.

LeCrestfallen
12-04-2018, 11:07 AM
clear f8 at the very least.
no brain needed, no good grid needed, not much thinking needed. get a good enough amount of medals to slowly progress into a brick.

Effort: not even 5 mins daily, thinking - not reallly required since solomon with keyblade solos the first 5 floors.

nonsensei
12-04-2018, 11:22 AM

Basically this:

I think the best answer for this is: Because it's a game, and games are meant to be fun.

Like I mentioned before, it's absolutely not a must to clear tower, nor to optimize for it. If one doesn't want to, they're completely free to skip it. Noone forces them to do it.
Same goes for you. If you feel no necessity to make a guide on tower, I doubt anyone will still force you to write one. Someone else will do the job for those that are still interested if there's a demand for it.

If all you want is your numbers to grow bigger, then Tower doesn't offer you much. Except what nonsensei said - a F2P player will hit a wall in progression without Tower.

Not only F2P players, but basically anyone who isn't a space whale, stacking an unholy stash of eyes.

Unregistered
12-04-2018, 11:32 AM
clear f8 at the very least.
no brain needed, no good grid needed, not much thinking needed. get a good enough amount of medals to slowly progress into a brick.

Effort: not even 5 mins daily, thinking - not reallly required since solomon with keyblade solos the first 5 floors.

What is this Keyblade related to Solomon?

LeCrestfallen
12-04-2018, 11:37 AM
Elemental attack soul weapon for solomon turns her hardhitting nuke into an aoe nuke.
This thing can clear the lower floors basicly alone. you could go for another EX ability that does aoe damage too to have a backup nuke in case something survives.

Unregistered
12-04-2018, 12:21 PM

I'd like more info on this. Specifically what does Soloman w/ blade weapon do? I'm guessing a powerful multi-target skill attack? Also, whats the highest tower level that this s useful? Thanks.

Slashley
12-04-2018, 01:32 PM
I'd like more info on this. Specifically what does Soloman w/ blade weapon do? I'm guessing a powerful multi-target skill attack?--It turns Solomon's first skill into an AoE.

As for how high... I wonder. It certainly didn't feel useful on the early floors since even breathing on the mobs killed them.

sanahtlig
12-04-2018, 03:21 PM
Silly me, asking such questions when they're clearly answered in the introduction.
https://i.gyazo.com/4bf44d1444c182ed17abd3be8fd7b942.png

MagicSpice
12-04-2018, 03:40 PM
Well, considering my water grid has 50% assault, tiamat, and I took usually 3 more skills that can damage between my 2 throwaway kami...

Nothing survived with Solomon and the other 2 until floor 4. This is also including rudra for all runs except floor 1.

Yeah, basically... you can 0 turn (as in no attack button) 4+ floors if your grid is packing 100% assault... even with R girls...

And if you do have Solomon's weapon (I don't have that either), add a floor or two to that

If their HP says standard and you got the recommended stuff, you don't need the attack button to finish the floor

SlickFenix
12-04-2018, 11:40 PM
I've been using the Keyblade and Solomon so far. Here are my videos. I'll keep posting as I do more runs.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6xx9lz4X5wSpc5PPC09cI7p6JGj4g_s0

nut
12-05-2018, 12:54 AM
Does anyone know if tower also drop healing pot like GO? That would be great help.

Cobblemaniac
12-05-2018, 12:59 AM
Does anyone know if tower also drop healing pot like GO? That would be great help.

No.

10 characters.

Unregistered
12-05-2018, 08:54 AM
=O first blood
ok now i have failed my 1 mission at battle 8 these whore in stage 2 with her random burst hit killed 2 of my R hime

MagicSpice
12-05-2018, 11:06 PM
well, I think my crap water grid is hitting it's limit.... also, without solomon's relic weapon, she's already losing her worth....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUyHuhQjNIA

what i'm using as water weapons is at the end of this vid. I'm likely gonna burn some of my stronger/recommended water characters and then switch to light where i'm more powerful....

nut
12-06-2018, 01:17 AM
Some data about Tower ranking at the end of day 3.
Nearly 3000 accounts currently do tower everyday (or 3 days).
8926+ (I doubt many people did it at 25 turn+) accounts at least did try it out.
Seem pretty close to 10k at Union ranking.

VeryVoodoo
12-06-2018, 01:53 AM
Some data about Tower ranking at the end of day 3.
Nearly 3000 accounts currently do tower everyday (or 3 days).
8926+ (I doubt many people did it at 25 turn+) accounts at least did try it out.
Seem pretty close to 10k at Union ranking.

Seems about right as all past indications have hinted at about a ~10k playerbase that actually touch the game for more than just looking at the pretty pictures.
And out of that ~10k, only about 1/3rd being even semi-serious about the gameplay.

I'm interested to see your findings spread at the end of the tower event as well. :>

x255
12-06-2018, 03:25 AM
Seems about right as all past indications have hinted at about a ~10k playerbase that actually touch the game for more than just looking at the pretty pictures.
And out of that ~10k, only about 1/3rd being even semi-serious about the gameplay.

Meanwhile, Nutaku celebrating "4 million of players" (bet after sending "game doing amazing, need a raise" report to DMM). Gotta love all these re-rolls ;)

Unregistered
12-06-2018, 08:00 AM
It's just an excuse to give out jewels (so that you keep playing). Truth is, they don't care at all about how many people reroll, all they care about is how many people SPEND. Rerolling and then spending on miracle tickets to complete the team (assuming you just got the 100% eidolon) is probably a huge part of how they make money. If not, they would have put measures it place to stop it long ago.

nut
12-06-2018, 11:31 AM

I'm interested to see your findings spread at the end of the tower event as well. :>

I'll update again when event end or some significant change.

AutoCrimson
12-06-2018, 12:17 PM
still think that da tower is worst event devs could came across tbh... im not talking bout difficulty or smthing, just sheer amount of time u need to devise what himes u need to use, and what u cant use, plus acc swap if u need... absolutely disgusting

Slashley
12-06-2018, 12:40 PM
You're not meant to think about that, you're meant to push several thousand dollars into Water gacha.

Duh.

MagicSpice
12-06-2018, 12:43 PM
You're not meant to think about that, you're meant to push several thousand dollars into Water gacha.

Duh.

that's if you want the mission medals....

in my case, i just want to see if i can clear the thing so after floor 8, i'm throwing my light teams at it....

i have enough water hime to shuffle around, but my water grid sucks... plus i'm missing some hime like Cthulhu and SSR Nike (she does make a 2nd debuffer and SSR healer) so that REALLY doesn't help.

besides, i already seen one hime die on floor 6 so.... yeah. probably time to stop going for just 3 hime and start kicking this tower's ass

AutoCrimson
12-06-2018, 12:50 PM
with mission for "least 3 himes" - why not just throw some useless R just in case

MagicSpice
12-06-2018, 01:13 PM
with mission for "least 3 himes" - why not just throw some useless R just in case

as long as they're water so you can also get the "clear only with water hime/souls" done as well. only time you can throw any R in there is if you go off element.

it's why i hit the issue with floor 6. i had to save those hime cause a lot of them are useful in the next few floors. i can still get more mission clears from the water team but after that, i'm spamming the fuck out of my light grid.

i may have 172 hime (as of right now), but the totals are as follows:

Fire R- 11, Fire SR- 13, Fire SSR- 7
Water R- 10, Water SR- 12, Water SSR- 3
Wind R- 9, Wind SR- 14, Wind SSR- 4
Thunder R- 9, Thunder SR- 11, Thunder SSR- 4
Light R- 12, Light SR- 11, Light SSR- 9
Dark R- 8, Dark SR- 17, Dark SSR- 7

So I'm only shuffling around 25 water hime if I want the elemental advantage missions..... even with a good grid. and considering there's one "5 survive" mission on the way, that's about 12-14 hime minimum per "cooldown cycle". and a lot of them don't have that great of a kit on top of that (or it's very situational) so... that makes it worse.

Gludateton
12-06-2018, 01:24 PM

Duh.

That's true for every part of this game though.
Even so, spending money give you advantage, but you need to know how to use this advantage.

MagicSpice
12-06-2018, 01:44 PM
That's true for every part of this game though.
Even so, spending money give you advantage, but you need to know how to use this advantage.

or have the grid power to back it up....

(stares at 50% assault for water)

Frelas
12-06-2018, 02:25 PM
I got annoyed checking the wiki everytime for the missions and different types and made a quicklist for myself for 5f till 15f, but will post it here too maybe you guys find it helpfull too.

5f(3)

6f(3)

7f(5)

8f(balance) (r)ganges (sr)kukuri-hime, gabriel, triton (ssr) nike-unleashed, celia

9f(5)

10f(defence) (r)oto-hime (sr)venus, cupid (ssr) poseidon, water-osiris, water-raphael

11f(5)

12f(tricky) (r)dagon, circe, rusalka (sr) belphegor (ssr) neptune, cthulhu, saraswati

13f(5)

14f(attack) (r)apsara, undine (sr) parvati, phoibe, oceanus, atalanta, water-boreas, anahit, enkidu. water-freja (ssr) asherah, shiva, ryo-oh, ea

15f(complete twice)

MagicSpice
12-06-2018, 05:24 PM
the wiki honestly goes more in-depth in some fights (like which enemies to target first on some floors) but the quicklist is convenient.

(although on my vids, i've got the list on my phone as I play from the browser...)

nut
12-06-2018, 09:24 PM
I got annoyed checking the wiki everytime for the missions and different types and made a quicklist for myself for 5f till 15f, but will post it here too maybe you guys find it helpfull too.

5f(3)

6f(3)

7f(5)

8f(balance) (r)ganges (sr)kukuri-hime, gabriel, triton (ssr) nike-unleashed, celia

9f(5)

10f(defence) (r)oto-hime (sr)venus, cupid (ssr) poseidon, water-osiris, water-raphael

11f(5)

12f(tricky) (r)dagon, circe, rusalka (sr) belphegor (ssr) neptune, cthulhu, saraswati

13f(5)

14f(attack) (r)apsara, undine (sr) parvati, phoibe, oceanus, atalanta, water-boreas, anahit, enkidu. water-freja (ssr) asherah, shiva, ryo-oh, ea

15f(complete twice)

You can check it in-game right before you enter the battle easily

Unregistered
12-07-2018, 03:03 AM
Lacking 150 Medals and I'm at rank 214 after 8 floors.

Shieun
12-07-2018, 04:45 AM

More people will drop further after today.

After today, you should have a pretty good idea where you'll place. This is where the difficulty jumps quite a bit.

Kitty
12-07-2018, 10:09 AM
i just noticed philos > phlox what the fuck that's some kind of plant or flower but i cba to change it

Cobblemaniac
12-07-2018, 10:29 AM
i just noticed philos > phlox what the fuck that's some kind of plant or flower but i cba to change it

That's greek for fire.

Kitty
12-07-2018, 10:57 AM
no u
10 characters

MagicSpice
12-07-2018, 11:08 AM

i was around 800 last i checked.... cause i botched a mission and i'm starting to get 5-6 turn clears instead of 4 or less.... only gonna get worse since i'll have to swap to light either today or tomorrow (won't find out til after i get back home) so screw rankings for this tower...

also, those stat ratings are a lie. beginner seems like standard, standard seems like expert, and so on... just go 1 difficulty higher from what it says to properly prepare cause the 15th floor is on GO levels of difficulty

Frelas
12-07-2018, 05:19 PM
I needed 7-10 turns instead of 0-4 and fucked up one mission, rank:4100+.... considering how utterly shit the ranking rewards are for 5000+ which i almost certainly get, i now understand that i dont need to bother with ranking. And considering my water team is the only leveled one, i wont bother with future tower events.

MagicSpice
12-07-2018, 06:38 PM
I needed 7-10 turns instead of 0-4 and fucked up one mission, rank:4100+.... considering how utterly shit the ranking rewards are for 5000+ which i almost certainly get, i now understand that i dont need to bother with ranking. And considering my water team is the only leveled one, i wont bother with future tower events.

I still would for the medals, but unless you somehow have both a high amount of kami and all your grids able to do guild order... forget being able to do every mission for a high rank.

It's best just to get as far as you can when missions start looking like they aren't worth the trouble. Clearing with 1 or 2 missions is better than trying to get all 3 and failing

VeryVoodoo
12-07-2018, 10:30 PM
I feel like DATA accs could actually be useful for Tower stuff, haha. Never had to worry about turn counts before for any of the past content, so pretty much never paid much attention to them.

Could've gotten floor 10 in 4 turns if 2 of my party had just snuck in 1 extra attack each to get burst... weirdly enough Hercules was one of them. Pretty sure 2 of the turns, she only single attacked... Why Hercules, why? Why you gotta let me down like this all of a sudden?! :cry:

Slashley
12-08-2018, 12:50 AM
I needed 7-10 turns instead of 0-4 and fucked up one mission, rank:4100+.... considering how utterly shit the ranking rewards are for 5000+ which i almost certainly get, i now understand that i dont need to bother with ranking. And considering my water team is the only leveled one, i wont bother with future tower events.Because Medals carry over, you should at least do the first six levels. They're also a complete joke. Maybe do floors 7-8 too with your A team, and then floors 9-10 with your A team on the very last day. That should net you like 6000 Medals per Tower, which is quite a bit.

But yeah, rankings are for veterans ONLY.

nut
12-08-2018, 01:19 AM
Because Medals carry over, you should at least do the first six levels. They're also a complete joke. Maybe do floors 7-8 too with your A team, and then floors 9-10 with your A team on the very last day. That should net you like 6000 Medals per Tower, which is quite a bit.

But yeah, rankings are for veterans ONLY.

If one only aim for floor 10, I recommend to do each floor from 7-8 with 2 team and 9-10 with 2 or 3 team to be sure that you can finish all missions, main-element strong team first and if you about beat it with main element, give up and switch to water team that fit the mission.

Slashley
12-08-2018, 01:23 AM
In other news, after 10 floors, only Bam has perfect score. His Herc has a mere 69k Atk, while mine has 52k.

I'm at -170 Medals and rank 139.

AutoCrimson
12-08-2018, 02:49 AM
im sitting at r98 with 6340 and out of water himes, so will wait few days... probly will finish with 7500 medals

falcontea
12-08-2018, 05:49 AM
To add another arbitrary data point, yesterday I was rank 180 but had to sit out one battle because I mistimed when one of my defense kamihime came off cooldown. This morning I was rank 351 with about 5700 medals. A 171 rank drop doesn't seem like it's a whole lot for sitting out an entire battle, so maybe by this point there really are only a few hundred able to clear floors.

nut
12-08-2018, 06:47 AM
To add another arbitrary data point, yesterday I was rank 180 but had to sit out one battle because I mistimed when one of my defense kamihime came off cooldown. This morning I was rank 351 with about 5700 medals. A 171 rank drop doesn't seem like it's a whole lot for sitting out an entire battle, so maybe by this point there really are only a few hundred able to clear floors.

So that mean only less than 350 accounts make it to floor 10 at day 5 :think:. Since most people who can do floor 10 and want to go futher already did it yesterday for final day off cooldown, so can we assume that floor 11-12 will have a spot at top 1000 or even 500 ranking?
About the bottom, around 700 more people join the battle after 2 day.

falcontea
12-08-2018, 08:10 AM
Not necessarily. I took care of floors 10-12 this morning easily. I only held off because I couldn't do the defense-type quest until today. I can't be the only one in this boat, but it would be hard to say how many others suffered the same set-back. There will also be people doing floors in large batches on certain days.

nut
12-08-2018, 08:21 AM
Not necessarily. I took care of floors 10-12 this morning easily. I only held off because I couldn't do the defense-type quest until today. I can't be the only one in this boat, but it would be hard to say how many others suffered the same set-back. There will also be people doing floors in large batches on certain days.

Most people doing floors in large batches doing it on day 5 and final day and may be day 2 too for full hime recover, the one you used today will not available for the last day, but it only 1 more team so if you have enough hime it doesn't master

Niime
12-08-2018, 10:59 AM
Done with the event I guess. Got killed on floor 9 once and I'm about to be killed in 10th using my heavy hitters, sigh. I should have played yesterday, didn't pay attention at all.

What should I do with the keys left? To put it on perspective, my stronger Kamis after my main thunder team are Lv50 wind. :/

nut
12-08-2018, 11:14 AM
Done with the event I guess. Got killed on floor 9 once and I'm about to be killed in 10th using my heavy hitters, sigh. I should have played yesterday, didn't pay attention at all.

What should I do with the keys left? To put it on perspective, my stronger Kamis after my main thunder team are Lv50 wind. :/

If you have nothing to do with the leftover keys, just keep doing the last floor you failed over and over until it done, if you still have water team, using that team to finished for water mission (but remember the second mission net you more medals so keep it priority)

MagicSpice
12-08-2018, 12:36 PM
Honestly, most people gave up on the tower by floor 8 looking at a ton of comments from my vids, here, and my union.

I'm gonna keep going though cause even though my water teams should get smashed by floor 11 onwards (I'm amazed a 50% assault and 50% defender grid got so far), I still got my fire and my even stronger light grids.

Elemental advantage clears honestly make up less than 1/3rd of the mission medals. You can still net a nice chunk going off-element... so I'd just do elemental advantage until your advantage team starts getting beat up, then throw in your strongest provided they aren't the disadvantage element

AutoCrimson
12-08-2018, 12:49 PM
wait, u have vid?

well, 10th floor is what most f2p (including me) will stop, i suppose

sanahtlig
12-08-2018, 12:56 PM
I have a good Water grid, but I just don't have enough Water kamihime. I made it up to floor 10 with no real issues, but I can't field more than 2 or so Guild Order-level teams; even in total, I can't field more than 4 full teams. Given that elemental disadvantage probably makes my Wind team non-viable, I don't think I'll get past floor 14. That this is becoming a spending competition--yet another cynical way to push players to spend on the Gacha system--is pretty discouraging.

Niime
12-08-2018, 01:51 PM
At the end, if it's not the grid, it's the lack of kamis. Not counting wind kamis -which for some reason I kept getting on a Kirin account-, I also don't have enough kamis to make 4 strong teams, leaving aside the level and power of the grids. With my thunder kamis locked and my light team obliterated on the first stage of 11 floor, I don't think I have enough kamis to even zerg rush the floor.

And can confirm, being a spending competition is the reason to live for gachas, especially ones with a ranked ladder. Though this is still better than others, at least you can pay time to get strong. I said this coming from a mmo with it's own whale eden and a P2W wall so big it was amusing to see.

nonsensei
12-08-2018, 02:32 PM
I have a good Water grid, but I just don't have enough Water kamihime. I made it up to floor 10 with no real issues, but I can't field more than 2 or so Guild Order-level teams; even in total, I can't field more than 4 full teams. Given that elemental disadvantage probably makes my Wind team non-viable, I don't think I'll get past floor 14. That this is becoming a spending competition--yet another cynical way to push players to spend on the Gacha system--is pretty discouraging.

I don't see why this would courage spending. You yourself mentioned that the rewards aren't so important before. I don't see anyone whaling only to defeat tower. :think:
That said, as we proceed in time, tower will get easier team building wise since our pools constantly increase. And while it's hard to come up with teams that could each defeat the floor you send them to, with my water hime pool consisting of 5 SSR, 11 SR & 10 R, I do plan to defeat tower with all missions cleared. I might flub somewhere, but that's either due to bad RNG or me screwing up something. The teams I came up with + my grid backing them up should be able to defeat each floor.

MagicSpice
12-08-2018, 10:09 PM
Well, my 5800 medals got me at 297 so there's huge gaps.

There's also a clear cut 1st place right now at 6400 medals, a 3 way tie for 2nd at 6390, and the rest of today's rank list is tied for 5th at 6380...

Needless to say, for rankings, it's VERY easy to get knocked down by a huge margin... medals have that much weight...

And I'm about to take another dip cause FUCK THIS 50% WATER TEAM NOW. Floor 11 and 12 is using my 90% fire, then I use my best element after that.

Kitty
12-08-2018, 10:22 PM
you literally may as well give up and just do the previous floors again kek

MagicSpice
12-08-2018, 11:12 PM
you literally may as well give up and just do the previous floors again kek

It's a thought after this, but I'm gonna keep going:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukqzOEyrd8s

that debuff resist really screwed me (there's like a 20%-40% success rate EVEN WITH VoF on "expert" resistant enemies). Might be able to still clear floor 14... maybe 15 if my light team can pick up the slack....

AutoCrimson
12-08-2018, 11:45 PM
my water hime pool consisting of 5 SSR, 11 SR & 10 R

with that roster, it would be strange IF one would have any problems running tower

Slashley
12-09-2018, 12:04 AM
with that roster, it would be strange IF one would have any problems running towerI have 7+11+10, and I'm not confident about Tower at all :smirk:

I would be much more confident if I had either SSR Nike or Aphrodite, but I obviously don't. I have no idea if I can clear F15 once, much less twice. How on earth are you supposed to deal 8m damage without debuffs... I mean, if I had Awakened Uriel and/or Svarog I could see that happening, but as things are...

I forfeited 150 Medals from elemental advantage around level 7, simply because I wanted to run bigger teams for bigger challenges up ahead. I'll probably end up doing 13 or 14 without elemental advantage as well, I'll see on Monday.

MagicSpice
12-09-2018, 12:22 AM
I honestly believe it when someone said on my floor 7/8 vid...

Don't even think about clearing floor 15 in one shot until you can steamroll GO.

I wouldn't try missions on it unless you have 160% assault or more and pretty much all the top tier kami

Hell, the floor 11 enemies gave my best fire teams some trouble to the point of where I had actually died in a run. Granted they had about 90% assault, but they can still self buff like crazy and with a friend belial each attempt, I had 160% elem atk

I got no choice but to use my light team and well, a lot are debuff reliant so floor 15 is gonna demolish them. I might clear floor 14 though...

AutoCrimson
12-09-2018, 12:37 AM
I would be much more confident if I had either SSR Nike or Aphrodite, but I obviously don't. I have no idea if I can clear F15 once, much less twice. How on earth are you supposed to deal 8m damage without debuffs... I mean, if I had Awakened Uriel and/or Svarog I could see that happening, but as things are...

well i have AW Svarog and Aphro, but i think i won't use my fire for this anyways, since only like 100% assault or mb a bit more... will probly try my luck with light/dark teams

nonsensei
12-09-2018, 12:48 AM
with that roster, it would be strange IF one would have any problems running tower

I can't even fill up my sub slots at some places, though..? And water Rs aren't exactly the himes I'd call useful (let's leave alone Oto-hime, the only exception). Let alone some of the SRs as well. I don't know what's your idea of tower higher floors, but it's no walk in the park to defeat 11-15F without reusing any of your himes.

Unregistered
12-09-2018, 06:23 AM
T_T power gap hit you really hard since stage 10 fuck with these burst of 4-7k to whole team each 2 turn
continue with a fresh team and get wiped at second burst again........ ;_;

Slashley
12-09-2018, 06:54 AM
So, I'm apparently #10. Huh.

Well, I expect that to be ~100 higher than what it should be. Like Bam and nonsensei don't show up anymore. Pretty sure that a huge chunk of veteran players have decided to do the last days in one go. It's a smart thing to do, and I should've accounted for that as well really. But eh, didn't plan for the thing quite well enough.
T_T power gap hit you really hard since stage 10 fuck with these burst of 4-7k to whole team each 2 turn
continue with a fresh team and get wiped at second burst again........ ;_;Yeah, high level Tower is for veterans only.

Delete
12-09-2018, 09:56 AM
I was really proud and happy of my rank 6 of today. And then arrived Crom Cruach, and what she did to my teams was horrible to watch. She died with the second key...barely

Unregistered
12-09-2018, 10:41 AM
What exactly triggers Chtugha's triggered ability? The wiki says Ability (Raging + 5 bursts. 1 time), I was thinking it would trigger when I full burst during her rage phase, but my friend got hit by it upon enter rage for the first time.

nonsensei
12-09-2018, 10:43 AM
What exactly triggers Chtugha's triggered ability? The wiki says Ability (Raging + 5 bursts. 1 time), I was thinking it would trigger when I full burst during her rage phase, but my friend got hit by it upon enter rage for the first time.

Your friend most likely full bursted her to rage. Since she enters rage phase in player's turn (and not her own), the conditions are still met.

Yseo
12-09-2018, 02:38 PM
I was really proud and happy of my rank 6 of today. And then arrived Crom Cruach, and what she did to my teams was horrible to watch. She died with the second key...barely

It's quite something to do this well for a 1st Tower event, you can be proud of you

Frelas
12-09-2018, 07:08 PM
ugh i'm mentally retarded, i previously throught i was rank 4100+ and that there was no point in trying if there were so many whales, turns out i was looking at the medals total, my real rank atm is 308.... deeeerp

MagicSpice
12-09-2018, 08:11 PM
ugh i'm mentally retarded, i previously throught i was rank 4100+ and that there was no point in trying if there were so many whales, turns out i was looking at the medals total, my real rank atm is 308.... deeeerp

i might be considered a whale.... but doesn't help unless my water team is capable of smashing GO.... more so, i'm still missing some strong water hime like Cthulhu...

forget ranks unless you have EXACTLY the right hime for the job. just try to clear as much as you can from the tower and go from there. I highly doubt even 1st place will find it easy to do floor 15 at this rate...

besides, i'm sure the DMM side feeds more money into this game than the nutaku side does, meaning the power creep should hit us harder here (and it already looks like it does)

EDIT: Crom got me so... RIP floor 15...

but that's to be expected. I barely beat her GO with my best light team (3 members surviving) and this version is harder than that... i might not even reach floor 14 at this point but since i'm dealing with 9 light SSR and still a nice handful of strong SR kami.... i should be able to finish off floor 13 (i took out like 25% of crom's HP)

ShellShock
12-10-2018, 05:12 AM
Not spent medals remain until next tower event?

sanahtlig
12-10-2018, 07:17 AM
I'm sitting at ~rank 400 without having attempted floors 11+. It looks like there's no more than 1000 players who have a grid for a particular element and can clear past floor 10. As I predicted, ranking rewards are going to flow like wine; if you can clear Guild Orders, you're probably going to get at least 3000 medals from ranking.

Kviksos
12-10-2018, 07:29 AM
Ok, tower ended for me.
14F - 8170 medals - lost 6 missions.

Slashley
12-10-2018, 08:50 AM
I'm sitting at ~rank 400 without having attempted floors 11+. It looks like there's no more than 1000 players who have a grid for a particular element and can clear past floor 10.--You can expect a fairly big drop at the last moment, since the last three days will be done by a lot of the strong players in one go. Today.

Still, yeah, I expect you'll get a good chunk from ranking rewards.

nonsensei
12-10-2018, 09:16 AM
You can expect a fairly big drop at the last moment, since the last three days will be done by a lot of the strong players in one go. Today.

Oh, I guess I don't have to be the one to point that out.

With that in mind, here's the full playlist of my fire tower (all included from 5 to 15F):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ho7BjQfMwc&index=1&list=PLyiXFd2J9WB4n6lYf-iZZSsY8KYD5Wt7h

This makes for a total 10610 points.

P.S.: I show my whole water hime pool at the end of 5-10F vid if you're curious.

LeCrestfallen
12-10-2018, 09:21 AM
Slacksensei so stronk, i am proud.

Unregistered
12-10-2018, 09:24 AM
This makes for a total 10610 points.

:disgustedAmon:

Git out you nolife tryharding whale.

SlickFenix
12-10-2018, 09:43 AM
You can expect a fairly big drop at the last moment, since the last three days will be done by a lot of the strong players in one go. Today.

I decided to run the 2, 5, 8 strategy. That is to do my runs on those days of the event. That way each time I have access to my full Water Kami pool. I just have to wait until I get home tonight before I can get my runs in.

Cobblemaniac
12-10-2018, 10:34 AM
:disgustedAmon:

Git out you nolife tryharding whale.

No u.

10 characters

Kitty
12-10-2018, 10:46 AM
clearly nonsy is living in 3018 while we're still living in 2018

((seriously click my signature)))

Unregistered
12-10-2018, 11:44 AM
That's greek for fire.

"Philos" in greek means "friend". Fire in greek is "Photia" not Phlox. It's curious where they take that word from. Also Thunder Dysnomia should be written as "Vronti"(βροντή) not Bronte. Rest elements are correct.

Slashley
12-10-2018, 12:07 PM
So, my final score is 9480.

Random blatherings on my misadventures during the last few stages:Floor 13: Crom's Crotch. Fucker resisted Ryu-Oh's BP which led to a near wipe. Lost my "have 5 survivors" mission, but I guess I can only blame myself for not bringing VoF. 19 turns.

Floor 14: Cthugha. Running off-element Thunder since I had been playing safe on many floors, and I wanted to leave a back-up Water team for F15. Didn't go all that well. Would've wiped... if reserves Thor hadn't landed a pure-skill Paralyze :smirk:
19 turns.

Floor 15:
Stage 1, no problems, in fact my A team demolished the mobs a bit too fast. Should've held back. Oh well.
Stage 2, could've been better, but lack of debuffs meant that I was struggling. Still, without healers can't exactly go slow either.
Stage 3, Full Burst around turn 3 (no Overdrives have happened yet since bubble-eating Cthulhu and Raph) Asherah stacks + PF blasts for 4m-ish, I don't think anyone procced Asherah Crits. Instant wipe from 65% HP Trigger. JESUS christ that fucking hurt. Of course, I had -10% from Eidolon and both Raph and Poseidon were ready for a total of -90% reduction. There's only person we can blame for misplay:
me nonsensei! Damn you for ruining my Tower run! I'm sure the video I didn't watch was the reason for this!!

Full wipe happened around six as even Herc couldn't take many punches from Phlox.

Re-key with a pitiful back-up team, bring Morgan's party-Berserk because PF isn't going to do much when starting against Phlox. Turn 4 Herc is ready to Burst, actually lands the freaking Def Down debuff aaaand... I kill her. Within the time limit. Did the previous six-ish turns even count towards the time limit now...? Anyway. I think I even skipped 15% Trigger thanks to that blessing from RNG gods. Total turns: 24.

So clearly, I am a master of Tower, defeating two floors purely because of pure skillful use of purely skillful skills of pure skill.

Anyway. It's not like there was much for me to gain even if I hadn't fucked up Phlox. Missions I missed:
500 Medals F15 (clear twice), don't think there's any chance of me being able to beat a non-debuffable boss reliably. At all.
250 Medals F13 (five survivors), not a chance. Maaaaybe some super tanky off-element team could've done it. Probably would've tried this.
200 Medals F14 (elemental advantage), don't think back-up Water team could've done this.
150 Medals F8 (elemental advantage), I missed out on this since I fucked up due to lack of planning. IRL kept me busy so I couldn't plan for the event properly (I started planning on F7-F8 day), and I had used my Balance Water Rs in a rush previously. I NEEDED Triton for a floor a bit higher, so I forfeited these Medals.

Could've had 400 more Medals with better planning, but all things considered, better than expected honestly.

Unregistered
12-10-2018, 12:09 PM
Suppose I need to use tricky characters. I use them, but my whole team dies, and I finish the raid with a new key using a different team... do I still get credit for the 2 tricky from the 1st key?

Slashley
12-10-2018, 12:13 PM
Suppose I need to use tricky characters. I use them, but my whole team dies, and I finish the raid with a new key using a different team... do I still get credit for the 2 tricky from the 1st key?何回失敗しても「クリア時のPTが ミッション条件を満たしていれば達 可能

If I read that right, it means it only looks at the party which cleared.

SlickFenix
12-10-2018, 01:46 PM
何回失敗しても「クリア時のPTが」ミ ッション条件を満たしていれば達成 能

That is correct. If the party you clean up with does not have 2 tricky, then you will not get the mission.

Which is also the same reason that for 15F you want to go with your off element team first. If they die, then you can clear with your water team and still get the element mission. If you clear then you go again with water and get both element and 2x clear mission.

Delete
12-10-2018, 01:54 PM
I ended with 9.140 points. I could have used the last key to won a bit more points, but I wanted to try the final floor. She killed me with 40% of HP, more or less. I hope to be on the Top 100

Frelas
12-10-2018, 02:00 PM
何回失敗しても「クリア時のPTが」ミ ッション条件を満たしていれば達成 能

Does that mean i can start a floor with a off element team to weaken the mobs first>get defeated>use 2nd key and clear the floor with my water team and get all the missions completed?.
Because i have 4 keys left but have only 1 water team left so i will only bother trying to beat floor 13 and leave floor 14 and 15 alone.

Slashley
12-10-2018, 02:06 PM
Does that mean i can start a floor with a off element team to weaken the mobs first>get defeated>use 2nd key and clear the floor with my water team and get all the missions completed?--It should mean that, yes.

Just remember that in Kamihime, you can't "pass" your turn. You're going to do damage no matter what (unless Give Up works, I'd assume not). So don't overshoot your damage output if that's what you're after.

Aidoru
12-10-2018, 02:50 PM
Give up works. I lost all but 1 unit in on floor 13 using an off element team and figured I wouldn't get anything but the clear reward so I gave up with the boss at pretty much 1~2% HP and returned with a random team of R water himes to clean up to get all 3 rewards.

Unregistered
12-10-2018, 04:56 PM
That's greek for fire.

"Philos" in greek means "friend". Fire in greek is "Photia" not Phlox. It's curious where they take that word from. Also Thunder Dysnomia should be written as "Vronti"(βροντή) not Bronte. Rest elements are correct.

Because such variations exist after being translated to English

biblestudytools.com/lexicons/greek/nas/phlox.html
bronteinsieme.it/BrIns_en/2st_en/origini_en.html

MagicSpice
12-10-2018, 09:32 PM
Fucking hell, I had issues with the last 2 runs... Crom was tough and I did clear but it ruined my missions due to the first attempt so I only got the floor clear... I take Michael, Sol, Tsuki, Diana, Metatron, and Dike to floor 14.... WIPED THE FLOOR ON THE FIRST ENEMY, then my computer screws up after i send Cthuga into stun so i lost my debuffs trying to reset it, and so my video is all sorts of messed up now cause my computer had a random stroke it seems and took 2 forced resets to get back to normal.... so RIP floor 13 and 14 video...

but yeah, here's the end result for me:

https://i.ibb.co/FBCJ9sV/Tower-Phlox-Rank.png

I cleared almost all of the floors (never got to try 15 cause I lost twice)... not bad for a first time. Even racked up over 11k medals.

VeryVoodoo
12-10-2018, 09:43 PM
Except it's a first time for all of us. :eyeroll:

Besides those few that play on dmm and also play on here I guess... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

quentamanas
12-10-2018, 10:03 PM
Annoyed. I ended up rank 531, JUST outside the next tier for rewards. And ended with 9950 medals. #feelsbad. Is it worth waiting until the next tower event and picking up the 10k reward then, or is it worth burning some of those medals on accessories and whatnot?

Bear
12-10-2018, 10:04 PM

Random blatherings on my misadventures during the last few stages:Floor 13: Crom's Crotch. Fucker resisted Ryu-Oh's BP which led to a near wipe. Lost my "have 5 survivors" mission, but I guess I can only blame myself for not bringing VoF. 19 turns.

Floor 14: Cthugha. Running off-element Thunder since I had been playing safe on many floors, and I wanted to leave a back-up Water team for F15. Didn't go all that well. Would've wiped... if reserves Thor hadn't landed a pure-skill Paralyze :smirk:
19 turns.

Floor 15:
Stage 1, no problems, in fact my A team demolished the mobs a bit too fast. Should've held back. Oh well.
Stage 2, could've been better, but lack of debuffs meant that I was struggling. Still, without healers can't exactly go slow either.
Stage 3, Full Burst around turn 3 (no Overdrives have happened yet since bubble-eating Cthulhu and Raph) Asherah stacks + PF blasts for 4m-ish, I don't think anyone procced Asherah Crits. Instant wipe from 65% HP Trigger. JESUS christ that fucking hurt. Of course, I had -10% from Eidolon and both Raph and Poseidon were ready for a total of -90% reduction. There's only person we can blame for misplay:
me nonsensei! Damn you for ruining my Tower run! I'm sure the video I didn't watch was the reason for this!!

Full wipe happened around six as even Herc couldn't take many punches from Phlox.

Re-key with a pitiful back-up team, bring Morgan's party-Berserk because PF isn't going to do much when starting against Phlox. Turn 4 Herc is ready to Burst, actually lands the freaking Def Down debuff aaaand... I kill her. Within the time limit. Did the previous six-ish turns even count towards the time limit now...? Anyway. I think I even skipped 15% Trigger thanks to that blessing from RNG gods. Total turns: 24.

So clearly, I am a master of Tower, defeating two floors purely because of pure skillful use of purely skillful skills of pure skill.

Anyway. It's not like there was much for me to gain even if I hadn't fucked up Phlox. Missions I missed:
500 Medals F15 (clear twice), don't think there's any chance of me being able to beat a non-debuffable boss reliably. At all.
250 Medals F13 (five survivors), not a chance. Maaaaybe some super tanky off-element team could've done it. Probably would've tried this.
200 Medals F14 (elemental advantage), don't think back-up Water team could've done this.
150 Medals F8 (elemental advantage), I missed out on this since I fucked up due to lack of planning. IRL kept me busy so I couldn't plan for the event properly (I started planning on F7-F8 day), and I had used my Balance Water Rs in a rush previously. I NEEDED Triton for a floor a bit higher, so I forfeited these Medals.

Could've had 400 more Medals with better planning, but all things considered, better than expected honestly.

You did well ~pachi pachi pachi~

nut
12-10-2018, 10:11 PM
Got beaten up in floor 13 lose 3 key and all water himes, 1 key left for floor 14 with off-element waiting for 100% but I didn't expect tower end already :cry: why not end with daily reset :cry::cry:
On the bottom, the usually 10300, I want to use some key to see how many people pass floor 3 but ended already.

Cobblemaniac
12-10-2018, 10:13 PM

This is so sad alexa play ですpacito

MagicSpice
12-10-2018, 10:14 PM
Got beaten up in floor 13 lose 3 key and all water himes, 1 key left for floor 14 with off-element waiting for 100% but I didn't expect tower end already :cry: why not end with daily reset :cry::cry:
On the bottom, the usually 10300

there's no point in the 10,001 onward rank reward then....

tons end up tying with someone anyway so i doubt any active player will see a 5 digit ranking...

This is so sad alexa play ですpacito

still got like 2k more medals than me.... and that's without rank bonus....

nut
12-10-2018, 10:20 PM
there's no point in the 10,001 onward rank reward then....

tons end up tying with someone anyway so i doubt any active player will see a 5 digit ranking...

The 5 digit is probably just new account poking around and never comeback after few hours.

MagicSpice
12-10-2018, 10:31 PM
Finally got the explanation vid up for why my Floor 13 & 14 vid is non-existant....

here's my adventure up the tower though.... most of it anyway..

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFOIdDx0SEoz3z7B7eO48PlRsVNHWbaQD

Unregistered
12-10-2018, 10:56 PM
So I have this question regarding the brick: Can you only get one brick each tower event regardless of how many medals you have?

Cobblemaniac
12-10-2018, 10:57 PM
So I have this question regarding the brick: Can you only get one brick each tower event regardless of how many medals you have?

Unlimited. Only limited by how many medals you have.

Slashley
12-10-2018, 11:03 PM
11761Oh, so when two people have the same score but one has a higher floor killed, the person with the higher floor gets higher ranking... logic, where art thou.

Anyway, all we missed out was 1000 Jewels it seems. That's basically nothing.

Cobblemaniac
12-10-2018, 11:06 PM
Oh, so when two people have the same score but one has a higher floor killed, the person with the higher floor gets higher ranking... logic, where art thou.

Anyway, all we missed out was 1000 Jewels it seems. That's basically nothing.

Actually... that's a fair way of rankings thangs as far as I'm concerned.

Not that it hurts too bad considering I still get 14k medals... but now I know my light team can actually handle 15F if I don't screw up like crazy.

Fair warning, they do tweak 15F to be harder in the future. And nerf 13F.

VeryVoodoo
12-10-2018, 11:15 PM

32 isn't as terrible a rank as I was expecting, especially after fucking up the last few floors as royally as I did I guess. :think:

I could've played it safe and and compromised 1 mission to end with an extra 750 points for a total of 10300+ points. That would've had me sitting somewhere near the top 5.
Instead I risked it for the 100% (cause I like risks :sweat:), which ended up costing me big time. Ended up spreading/splitting my himes too thin I guess, especially between floors 13+14.
I could've cleared floor 13 or 14 with an off-element and forgone 1 of the element missions, and then quite comfortably cleared everything else no problem. And then would've gotten to punch F15 on the 2nd clear with my fire too. Such an easy extra 750 points.
:cry:
Well even without that safer 750 path, still made too many mistakes this time... way too many mistakes... :cry:

But it was still fun! And I learnt what to do and more importantly what not to do in Tower events now. So looking forward to the next one. :cool:

nonsensei
12-11-2018, 12:01 AM

19 turns.

Floor 15:

Hey, I missed Ryu-Oh BP as well on 13F. Honestly, I got fairly lucky other than that in there. Barely had to eat any random AoE+scorch attack. If I ate more of those adding up to BP missing, I probably would have failed 5 alive mission. This 13F was fked up strong. They majorly nerfed the floor afterwards.
As Bear said, you did well for a first tower try (especially considering the above & that you apparently was lacking in time).

As for the rankings in general.. well, that's the power of 4m players for you guys.. :smirk: I actually participated in the dark tower event in DMM with my pretty lucky account I started for the lulz. Happened to draw a shit ton of light himes on a light rate up (coz rate up is less of a lie there) & managed assemble a grid that was basically on par with my light grid in here. Powercreep in the face.
With that account, I cleared the whole thing except for 2nd run of 15F & still got kicked out of top 3k. Powercreep may be a thing, but definitely doesn't make up for this big difference. Just taco things.

Gludateton
12-11-2018, 12:32 AM
Messed up a few times (apparently it's few times too much), so not even over 9000.

Still I think it's acceptable result for f2p (expected far worse to be honest).

Kitty
12-11-2018, 01:32 AM
got uh in total 7650 because i suck and 3k from ranking rewards so hey at least i know i can get a brick next time when the eido ones come out... if i have a 100% eido by then which i doubt cuz im gay ---though i still have my eido brick from the $100 goocha

so from the ranking rewards i just bought the last ticket set and got a dupe of ryu-oh's gun so im hyped as fuck cuz i using it in my grid yeyeee o:

Delete
12-11-2018, 01:34 AM
9.140 points, rank 92. Could have been worse. ^^

AutoCrimson
12-11-2018, 03:12 AM
rank 183... would have been better tbh (if i wasnt that lazy) but still okay
bought tix ofc cuz fuck brix

Unregistered
12-11-2018, 03:39 AM
Hey, I missed Ryu-Oh BP as well on 13F. Honestly, I got fairly lucky other than that in there.Yup, I saw (I watched those after making my post). Like landing a Def Down on Phlox and two Crits procced on Full Burst. But I don't think any of those lucky things were a matter of do-or-die for you.
As Bear said, you did well for a first tower try (especially considering the above & that you apparently was lacking in time).... I honestly thought that was sarcasm... well, thanks to you both then.

I'll need to properly prepare for Water Tower, no lack of time excuse for next time. That'll be my last chance to be properly competitive anyway. My Wind team is decent-ish but can't fight for the top. Fire, Light and Dark are absolutely pitiful and won't even be clearing F15 I believe.
... unless I Miracle Ticket for Fire, which I might need to do just to get my Fire team up to par... damn those pesky Wind events (FUCK YOU WIND GO with Sieg, FUCK you). But a single Svarog/Uriel isn't going to carry more than a floor or two.

-- Slash from work

ShellShock
12-11-2018, 03:41 AM
Again:
Medals will remain until the next event? Someone knows?

nonsensei
12-11-2018, 03:55 AM
Yup, I saw (I watched those after making my post). Like landing a Def Down on Phlox and two Crits procced on Full Burst. But I don't think any of those lucky things were a matter of do-or-die for you.

I don't know how things would have played out on the light run if I didn't stick Herc def debuff, but the water part probably would have gone smoothly regardless of crit or Atalanta's def down. Was prepared to take the trigger. Oh, and while debuffs stuck on light run, I got a fair share of TAs in exchange from the boss. RNG is fickle.

Again:
Medals will remain until the next event? Someone knows?

Yep, they're permanent currency.

Chrestomancy
12-11-2018, 04:15 AM

Fml

I muppeted a little, and twice failed with the final level boss on under 20k (1 hit killed by follow on party) left. But do I really deserve 10 points short? <goes away to sob>

MagicSpice
12-11-2018, 05:31 AM
Oh... that really hurts.... I'm actually sorry for you

Gludateton
12-11-2018, 05:53 AM
Fml

I muppeted a little, and twice failed with the final level boss on under 20k (1 hit killed by follow on party) left. But do I really deserve 10 points short? <goes away to sob>

This:

Oh... that really hurts.... I'm actually sorry for you

All should be fine if you'll get missing 10 medals in next tower event and get 2x bricks. You'll have to wait for that though.

I'll need to properly prepare for Water Tower, no lack of time excuse for next time. That'll be my last chance to be properly competitive anyway. My Wind team is decent-ish but can't fight for the top.

Wind tower is in April and thunder in June, that's a lot time to pull some Kamihime from gacha, hard to say what your team will look like.

damn those pesky Wind events (FUCK YOU WIND GO with Sieg, FUCK you).

Oh, the beloved by everyone Siegfried's mission (in next GO batch she'll be at least more usefull in stages before last). Good thing wind GO is one of the easiest.

Chrestomancy
12-11-2018, 06:19 AM
[QUOTE=Gludateton;134382]This:

All should be fine if you'll get missing 10 medals in next tower event and get 2x bricks. You'll have to wait for that though.
[/QUOTE

Yeah, I guess I'm not in a rush for weapon breaks. Should have cleaned up with Water though. Tons of SR, 5 SSR including Nike, Cthulhu, good weapon grid. I will be tactical on the next, try for 7k and not send in underweight teams on mid levels.

Gludateton
12-11-2018, 06:35 AM
Yeah, I guess I'm not in a rush for weapon breaks. Should have cleaned up with Water though. Tons of SR, 5 SSR including Nike, Cthulhu, good weapon grid. I will be tactical on the next, try for 7k and not send in underweight teams on mid levels.

True, playing it slowly - even if you have good team - may bring much better results. One thing to remember is that Kamihime have 3 day cooldown (so you can't use one in the same day and two next), but you don't neccessarily have to do tower everyday (a lot people are doing it at days 2, 5 and 8, you have all Kamihime to choose from then).
I also recommend doing something similar to this:
While I did messed up anyway, I can safely say that this helped me a lot.

SlickFenix
12-11-2018, 07:58 AM
I completed it all, but was pressed for time. I started my 2nd run of the 15F just before the event ended and finished it after. The result was that my medals from that run didn't count and I ended up in 22nd place instead of 2nd. RIP.

It was a fun event though. Looking forward to the next one.

Used my Medals to get the Brick and MLB'd my Ascalon with it and FLB'd it this morning.

Unregistered
12-11-2018, 09:19 AM
7860 medals, good for rank 273. With the ranking reward, that's enough for a brick. Given that my long term goal is to hit at least 1 brick's worth of medals every 2 events, I'm happy. Time to decide whether to finish up Phoenix bow or Apocalypse lance first.

MagicSpice
12-11-2018, 11:09 AM
I completed it all, but was pressed for time. I started my 2nd run of the 15F just before the event ended and finished it after. The result was that my medals from that run didn't count and I ended up in 22nd place instead of 2nd. RIP.

It was a fun event though. Looking forward to the next one.

Used my Medals to get the Brick and MLB'd my Ascalon with it and FLB'd it this morning.

So wait, I would have been higher ranked?.... fuck!

I might be putting my computer through a shredder soon...

Dunhere
12-11-2018, 02:39 PM
I surprised myself greatly by coming in at 9810 and 26th, but I disappointed myself greatly with how many play errors I caught myself making. Curbstomping content that hasn't given me a challenge in a while has made me sloppy :(

Unregistered
12-12-2018, 07:16 AM
Any info on how often these tower events run, and what element is next?

nut
12-12-2018, 07:22 AM
Any info on how often these tower events run, and what element is next?

Its two months between each tower and follow this order: fire>water>wind>thunder>light>dark

Unregistered
12-12-2018, 09:09 AM
Note that on DMM, they did start the next tower in ~2 months (end of January/start of February), but apparently some issues appeared halfway through. So they had to reset it and start it again at the beginning of March. Then the towers after that were basically start of May, start of July, start of October, and start of December.

Slashley
12-12-2018, 01:35 PM
Oh yeah, for future reference, I should type these down:
1. Nevi 10690 [50k,218H,Rudra] (The Hand)
2. Mira 10610 [46k,210H] (Drama Club)
2. Cerberes 10610 [50k,148H] (Amaterasu)
2. nonsensei 10610 [48k,173H] (Drama Club)
5. Error 404 Not Found 10450 [52k,230H] (談笑颩甡學習俓驗 (Talking and laughing))
6. Ken 10150 [52k,227H] (談笑颩甡學習俓驗 (Talking and laughing))
6. idunno 10150 [55k,226H] (Axis Mundi)
8. Sirocco 10140 [50k,213H] (Drama Club)
9. Geist 10120 [46k,202H] (Arcade)
9. f00lship 10120 [54k,160H,Rudra] (Spring)
11. Madnug 10100 [51k,240H,Rudra] (The Hand)
12. igt 10080 [57k,215H,Rudra] (Perfection)
13. PigwithSlippers 10070 [44k,186H,Rudra] (Terminus)
14. Neopets Master 10050 [61k,205H] (_____)
15. Shiro 9920 [50k,170H,Rudra] (Ixion)
15. Hydraulic 9920 [52k,222H] (Arcade)
17. Dranzer 9910 [48k,199H] (Axis Mundi)
18. Sithrael 9890 [52k,192H] (Drama Club)
19. Bigglack 9880 [48k,190H] (Drama Club)
19. mlw61520 9880 [47k,173H] (Dark Angel)
For reference:
43. Slashley 9480 [52k,148H] (Kingdom AR)Notice, I have not stalked these people. This is not reliable at all.

And legend, just in case it isn't clear:
The "k" signifies Atk. Values are just marked on what team they happened to use at the time I checked, with me removing 2.5k for Herc and 4k for Arthur to balance things out. This can reduce or increase their stats quite significantly. For reference, I'm at 52k in Thunder (my best) and 43k in Fire (my worst).

H means Hime count. At the time of writing, there are 65+58+61=184 Hime in the gacha - there are lots of limited Hime, lots of Raid Hime and some login bonus Hime in the game as well. I don't know how many total Hime there are in the currently.

The people marked with Rudra are mostly from their profile texts - most people did not include their Eidolons there! Almost everyone on this list had at least one P2W Eidolon though.

Unregistered
12-12-2018, 05:25 PM
Oh yeah, for future reference, I should type these down:
1. Nevi 10690 [50k,218H,Rudra] (The Hand)
2. Mira 10610 [46k,210H] (Drama Club)
2. Cerberes 10610 [50k,148H] (Amaterasu)
2. nonsensei 10610 [48k,173H] (Drama Club)
5. Error 404 Not Found 10450 [52k,230H] (談笑颩甡學習俓驗 (Talking and laughing))
6. Ken 10150 [52k,227H] (談笑颩甡學習俓驗 (Talking and laughing))
6. idunno 10150 [55k,226H] (Axis Mundi)
8. Sirocco 10140 [50k,213H] (Drama Club)
9. Geist 10120 [46k,202H] (Arcade)
9. f00lship 10120 [54k,160H,Rudra] (Spring)
11. Madnug 10100 [51k,240H,Rudra] (The Hand)
12. igt 10080 [57k,215H,Rudra] (Perfection)
13. PigwithSlippers 10070 [44k,186H,Rudra] (Terminus)
14. Neopets Master 10050 [61k,205H] (_____)
15. Shiro 9920 [50k,170H,Rudra] (Ixion)
15. Hydraulic 9920 [52k,222H] (Arcade)
17. Dranzer 9910 [48k,199H] (Axis Mundi)
18. Sithrael 9890 [52k,192H] (Drama Club)
19. Bigglack 9880 [48k,190H] (Drama Club)
19. mlw61520 9880 [47k,173H] (Dark Angel)
For reference:
43. Slashley 9480 [52k,148H] (Kingdom AR)Notice, I have not stalked these people. This is not reliable at all.

And legend, just in case it isn't clear:
The "k" signifies Atk. Values are just marked on what team they happened to use at the time I checked, with me removing 2.5k for Herc and 4k for Arthur to balance things out. This can reduce or increase their stats quite significantly. For reference, I'm at 52k in Thunder (my best) and 43k in Fire (my worst).

H means Hime count. At the time of writing, there are 65+58+61=184 Hime in the gacha - there are lots of limited Hime, lots of Raid Hime and some login bonus Hime in the game as well. I don't know how many total Hime there are in the currently.

The people marked with Rudra are mostly from their profile texts - most people did not include their Eidolons there! Almost everyone on this list had at least one P2W Eidolon though.

I can say for sure that nonsensei and mlw dont have a hundo.
What's your point dude? You need a hundo to clear Tower?
Because thats BS. 3 of my Union members are in the TOP20-28. All 3 cleared F15. Don't wanna say their name and one of them started with Barong event and still managed to clear F15 only with his water team because he failed his run in F13. Therefore he couldn't do F15 twice. Of course his main eido is Tiamat.

Tbh F15 isn't that hard. You personally don't need a hundo and a godly grid. It's only about how many KHs you have, where you use them, if you know how the mechanics in each Floor works and maybe a bit luck.

To be honest my Union mate who started way later than most of the Veterans here, had 0 probelms with tower.
Though he isnt a f2p player but a dolphin.

Slashley
12-12-2018, 10:58 PM
--
What's your point dude? --As I said, it's literally just for future reference, bro.
Statistics are just statistics. People are going to interpret whatever info they want.

For me, it mostly shows that although whaling certainly helps, there's a surprising amount of normal-ish Atk players. I was honestly expecting the top20 to be all about people with 60k+ Atk, which clearly isn't the case.

Bear
12-12-2018, 11:10 PM
Eh. I perfected all missions and was ranked 90th~ish during Water tower with a sub 50k Thunder grid. That grid was made of event weapons and some 0~1lb atk/hp hime weapons. You don't need a whale grid for this. You only need to 'not suck'.

MagicSpice
12-12-2018, 11:48 PM
i did say my crap water grid of 50% assault managed to get water teams to clear up to floor 10....

if you're clearing 2/3rds of the tower with a grid that's honestly shit... it's more so how you use the tools (if you have them cause good luck without cleanses and healers)

Cobblemaniac
12-13-2018, 12:29 AM
i did say my crap water grid of 50% assault managed to get water teams to clear up to floor 10....

if you're clearing 2/3rds of the tower with a grid that's honestly shit... it's more so how you use the tools (if you have them cause good luck without cleanses and healers)

Gludateton
12-13-2018, 12:46 AM
Almost, but I would put jump at 6F, 11F and probably 15F (didn't attempt it, but it does look harder than anything below).

VeryVoodoo
12-13-2018, 02:23 AM
Note that on DMM, they did start the next tower in ~2 months (end of January/start of February), but apparently some issues appeared halfway through. So they had to reset it and start it again at the beginning of March. Then the towers after that were basically start of May, start of July, start of October, and start of December.

Wonder if the same bugs will happen again here, since they've literally copy/pasted some of the same bugged content to here in the past as well, when that content had already gotten its fix later in the JP version. Honestly, wouldn't be surprised if it happened. :rofl:

Cobblemaniac
12-13-2018, 02:43 AM
Almost, but I would put jump at 6F, 11F and probably 15F (didn't attempt it, but it does look harder than anything below).

But why put effort for a low level meme

MagicSpice
12-13-2018, 04:32 AM
cause there is a noticeable spike at floor 6?

it is when enemies commonly have 6+ digits of HP....

Unregistered
12-13-2018, 04:51 AM

You wanpan it, my friend. If you call that spike... Then there is something wrong for a veteran like you.
F1-10 are a joke. If you can't kill that shit in 2-6T those Floors than you are a new player, a very casual player or a dude who didn't level his grid.

Furthermore about your post you need a Healer for Tower or Andromeda.
No you don't need it. They are useful for F13 but if you can't clean or don't have enough firepower. Forget it.
Cleared F15 with Herc as Soul and didnt need a healer for those higher Floors really.

Ofc you don't need a hundo, just level your KHs and your grid then you are fine.

Cobblemaniac
12-13-2018, 05:08 AM

Read: low level (effort) meme

Also read: The actual spike in difficulty starting 13F that you clearly missed from that meme that is way more relevant than any spike in 6-10F will be.

Torkov
12-13-2018, 07:48 AM
If it can help the stats database xD
shitted on my 12F and 13F by not selecting big hime from other colors and attempting the all water mission.
My best water team have a 53K atk, owning 179 hime with 32 water ones, union name: v(^^)w EU

MagicSpice
12-13-2018, 11:25 AM
Never said floor 6 was "difficult".

I said it had a "difficulty spike". Unless you're always doing oneshot damage, you will notice that it takes more effort to win from that point.

Remember, my water grid was about half the power it should have been, which is why I could notice. If I had a light team throughout the entire thing, I wouldn't have noticed the slight jump either.

A difficulty spike is when things get harder, not when you start having trouble. For instance, expert advent compared to ultimate is still a difficulty spike even though I can Auto it

Cobblemaniac
12-13-2018, 11:35 AM
Never said floor 6 was "difficult".

I said it had a "difficulty spike". Unless you're always doing oneshot damage, you will notice that it takes more effort to win from that point.

Remember, my water grid was about half the power it should have been, which is why I could notice. If I had a light team throughout the entire thing, I wouldn't have noticed the slight jump either.

A difficulty spike is when things get harder, not when you start having trouble. For instance, expert advent compared to ultimate is still a difficulty spike even though I can Auto it

But we didn't say it was difficult either, just that the spike is insignificant. I'm not sure whether you're actually whiffing the giganormous point that is the 13F difficulty spike unintentionally or you're just grasping straws at 6F just so you can prove me wrong.

Also, your water grid being "half the power it should have been" explains plenty about your idea of difficult as well.

MagicSpice
12-13-2018, 11:46 AM
But we didn't say it was difficult either, just that the spike is insignificant. I'm not sure whether you're actually whiffing the giganormous point that is the 13F difficulty spike unintentionally or you're just grasping straws at 6F just so you can prove me wrong.

Also, your water grid being "half the power it should have been" explains plenty about your idea of difficult as well.

If you want to be honest, floor 11 is where I felt the challenge cause I took it on with my fire team then which is about twice as strong as my water team (putting me at a fairly normal level of power).

Even if it's slight my point is that floor 6 onwards is slightly harder than 5 and below, and that floor 11 has an even bigger spike, with floor 13 having a greater one than 11.

Besides, not everyone can just blow though millions of HP without debuffs so even floor 15 could be a spike as well.

Just feeling a spike at 13 might be what it was like for you, but a lot got fed up by floor 7 and probably didn't try to get to floor 11, and more felt the blow when they suddenly couldn't land debuffs on a boss.

Cobblemaniac
12-13-2018, 11:52 AM
If you want to be honest, floor 11 is where I felt the challenge cause I took it on with my fire team then which is about twice as strong as my water team (putting me at a fairly normal level of power).

Even if it's slight my point is that floor 6 onwards is slightly harder than 5 and below, and that floor 11 has an even bigger spike, with floor 13 having a greater one than 11.

Besides, not everyone can just blow though millions of HP without debuffs so even floor 15 could be a spike as well.

Just feeling a spike at 13 might be what it was like for you, but a lot got fed up by floor 7 and probably didn't try to get to floor 11, and more felt the blow when they suddenly couldn't land debuffs on a boss.

Uh... no. 7-11F difficulty spikes are simply typical of what a progressing newbie will face.

I'm sorry, but the people who actually touched 13F and above know better how bad the spike was. Refer back to the meme chart. That slope is less exaggerative than you think.

And I don't even have to conduct a survey anywhere to tell you how badly it fucked everyone over. Even DMM had major issues with this stage when they first faced it.

nonsensei
12-13-2018, 12:32 PM
People giving up at floor7... I don't even know what to say. Back when I was just saving jewels from login bonuses on DMM (for Grisaia collab girls), they hosted light tower & I decided to test out what a completely new account can do with tower. Did the gemchas & filled my grid with whatever (didn't focus specifically on dark stuff nor SLing) & I got to 8F with gemcha himes + Ereshkigal (from login bonus). Oh, and I think I owned a Nyarlathotep as well for whatever reason.
I really don't want to be mean, but the question really emerges to my head.. what were those people even doing?

Anyway, there are many things one could nitpick on that chart Cobble posted, but fire tower's 13F was in fact ridiculously hard, to the point that 14F was ironically enough easier than that hell. And that's also backed up by the fact that even the lazy devs bothered to change it for next tower & nerfed 13F while 14F got buffed. That chart is supposed to represent 13F's hell. That & that alone.. and does bring it home well.

Gludateton
12-13-2018, 12:40 PM
Uh... no. 7-11F difficulty spikes are simply typical of what a progressing newbie will face.

I'm sorry, but the people who actually touched 13F and above know better how bad the spike was. Refer back to the meme chart. That slope is less exaggerative than you think.

And I don't even have to conduct a survey anywhere to tell you how badly it fucked everyone over. Even DMM had major issues with this stage when they first faced it.

To be honest I wouldn't say difficulty spike for 12->13 was higher than 10->11. I did messed up 13F because of my own stupidity, but floor 11 also put some challenge (goddamn Surtr deleting my Oto-hime with double-strike from normal overdrive).
I would agree with nonsensei on 13 being harder than 14, if it wasn't for friend clearing 13F and failing at 14F. Seems it really depends on person.

Unregistered
12-13-2018, 01:48 PM
6, 11 (and 12) is only difficult if you're going in with a halfass team trying to save your good teams for later levels. The jump on 13 is really something else. It's the only one I really planned for, saving an actually good team for it, and still failed to 1 shot it (granted water is one of my weaker elements). The biggest issue, and this applies to all of tower in general, is that you can't really practice the match, so just one mistake and you'll have lost the key and would probably have been better off using an off element to weaken instead. Basically, the best strategy for this tower for someone not op, is to not bother trying for 15 at all, and just use the 2 keys for it to pass 13 and 14 with 2 tries each. That strategy itself suggests that the jump at 13 and 14 is way higher than anything else.

Gludateton
12-13-2018, 03:11 PM
While I do agree with saving team, I don't think we understand difficulty spike in the same manner.
For me it's matter of relative difficulty difference between floors n and n+1. Let's pose a question: if I can barely clear floor n, can I clear n+1 ? Or another question: if I can clear floor n without problems, can I clear floor n+1 ? For me answer is no for both 11 and 13 floors. Comparing them is quite hard though, because without enough power they require vastly different strategies.

I have another question that came to my mind after reading your post: does weakening mobs from some floor with off-element not invalidate element mission ?

Unregistered
12-13-2018, 03:25 PM
Well I'm sure the difficulty affects everyone differently depending on what they have/don't have, but it's pretty hard to see someone clearing 10 and just not being able to clear 11 unless it's because they did 10 with their good team, and then start the cycle again trying to clear 11 with a subpar one. The mechanics of 11 isn't all that difficult, just don't burst the first mob, and bring some healing for the longer fight due to beefier bosses.

As for the second question, the missions count on clearing, so if you weaken with an off-element team, and then bring the right team to complete the missions to clean up, you get all the rewards.

Gludateton
12-13-2018, 04:32 PM
Well I'm sure the difficulty affects everyone differently depending on what they have/don't have, but it's pretty hard to see someone clearing 10 and just not being able to clear 11 unless it's because they did 10 with their good team, and then start the cycle again trying to clear 11 with a subpar one. The mechanics of 11 isn't all that difficult, just don't burst the first mob, and bring some healing for the longer fight due to beefier bosses.

The main problem with 11F is that mobs have high debuff resistance, it's not the only one though. First mob overdrive is either all party damage + 10% scorch or very nice 4x 5k random damage, second has equally nice true double-hit with fire debuff as normal overdrive and 6k nuke as rage overdrive (and rage overdrive is ridiculously long). This fight either requires some serious turtling with well tailored team or serious damage to finish this before things get ugly. In my opinion this fight is much harder than floor 10.

Cobblemaniac
12-13-2018, 09:29 PM
The main problem with 11F is that mobs have high debuff resistance, it's not the only one though. First mob overdrive is either all party damage + 10% scorch or very nice 4x 5k random damage, second has equally nice true double-hit with fire debuff as normal overdrive and 6k nuke as rage overdrive (and rage overdrive is ridiculously long). This fight either requires some serious turtling with well tailored team or serious damage to finish this before things get ugly. In my opinion this fight is much harder than floor 10.

The way I see it, it's only a problem if you try to 4T clear it.

Otherwise, saving a full burst for boss (and losing like what? 10-20 medals?) and wiping it in like 1-2T is pretty self explanatory, I did it with full R team anyway. This of course, I did with the maximum possible amount of assault possible with a water grid (somewhere around 135+% since UE FLBs). But it says something if you can feel the spike in 13F even with the FLB: compared to the transition to 11F with just increased debuff res and not that much HP increase, a whopping 10m on 13F boss isn't just nothing to sneeze at, it sneezes at you unless you bring in your best team, or 2nd best if you have the SSRs.

Gludateton
12-14-2018, 12:28 AM
Clears from some random youtube guy.
10F:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le7OFJWjDsQ

11F:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvJlwLe4cfA

This is not to prove my point obviously, since team for floor 10 is better, but... I don't know, maybe it's just me thinking 11F is much harder than 10F. I don't think there's a point in getting worked up on it, we can safely state that 13F is much harder than 12F, and leave 10->11 as my personal opinion (I hope I am still entitled to it).
I also cleared 11F with full R team (unfortunately without 5 surviving mission, because of dying Oto-hime), but I don't think it proves much either, my 13F team probably wouldn't fare better on 11F (most of later floors require specific teams after all).

Cobblemaniac
12-14-2018, 12:35 AM
Clears from some random youtube guy.
10F:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le7OFJWjDsQ

11F:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvJlwLe4cfA

This is not to prove my point obviously, since team for floor 10 is better, but... I don't know, maybe it's just me thinking 10F is much harder than 11F. I don't think there's a point in getting worked up on it, we can safely state that 13F is much harder than 12F, and leave 10->10 as my personal opinion (I hope I am still entitled to it).
I also cleared 11F with full R team (unfortunately without 5 surviving mission, because of dying Oto-hime), but I don't think it proves much either, my 13F team probably wouldn't fare better on 11F (most of later floors require specific teams after all).

Well, that was not my point of debate to begin with.

But oh well, point was taken across.

: peeposhrug:

Gludateton
12-14-2018, 12:59 AM
Some typos got into my post and it made even less sense than they usually do (that's what happens when you double on doing gem quests and writing post, don't do it at home kids).
Anyway, 13th floor was much harder than 12th and with that point even developers agree (they reduced 2nd stage boss HP from 10m to 7.5m in water tower, rest is quite similar).