PDA

View Full Version : Updated Gacha Drops!

Kitty
12-07-2018, 10:21 AM
Along with the new UI update and various other updates; Gacha has now changed too!
You can now find SSR Kamihime on a NON SSR screen door!

e.g. Draw a x10 chain jewel draw > GOLD screen > GOLD ball transforms into RAINBOW ball and a SSR hime or eidolon comes out of it.
I can confirm this by the draw I just did.

This update exists in DMM and has since after the New Years' Event, did we get it early or did we get a previous version of their update?
Are the drop rates finally increased?
Please continue the discussion below with your thoughts and opinions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X_dLXmZP9M&feature=youtu.be

Laventale
12-07-2018, 10:29 AM
There was this time when I rolled on DMM and this shit happened to me, I was REALLY fucking confused. Don't know why they implemented it tbh, but I hope that it, somehow, rises the odds of us getting SSRs.

Kitty
12-07-2018, 10:31 AM
it's also how i got my haruhi on DMM I was shook AF but I just drew on an alt and got a gold ball which turned into SSR > LSatan LMAO
gonna rec a video of it just for the thread for funzies

Cobblemaniac
12-07-2018, 10:39 AM
To clarify, this means no more rainbow doors.

The rate is literally the same, the only purpose this gold > rainbow ball change serves is to "give surprise back" to players opening the gacha.

Kitty
12-07-2018, 10:42 AM
rainbow doors are now a SSR guaranteed draw only thing. alsodeep down my heart tells me the drop rates are increased too I shall not listen to anything otherwise don't ruin my dreams

Cobblemaniac
12-07-2018, 10:44 AM
rainbow doors are now a SSR guaranteed draw only thing. alsodeep down my heart tells me the drop rates are increased too I shall not listen to anything otherwise don't ruin my dreams

call me the dream destroyer

Slashley
12-07-2018, 10:48 AM
To clarify, this means no more rainbow doors.

The rate is literally the same, the only purpose this gold > rainbow ball change serves is to "give surprise back" to players opening the gacha.Yeah, this is literally a change meant only to manipulate gambling addicts into a higher adrenaline rush -> more money milked.

Kitty
12-07-2018, 10:53 AM
guys guys guys guys watch the video i made a meme

artista
12-07-2018, 11:54 AM
Yeah, this is literally a change meant only to manipulate gambling addicts into a higher adrenaline rush -> more money milked.

Ye im sure gambling addicts will now whale more just because yellow ball transforms into SSR. Makes sense.

AutoCrimson
12-07-2018, 11:59 AM
you know, Slashley, you keep downing this game (while being dolphin at least), and still play it... idk, (no offence, my man) - are u somewhat of finder of guilty pleasure?

Slashley
12-07-2018, 12:00 PM
Ye im sure gambling addicts will now whale more just because yellow ball transforms into SSR. Makes sense.Yes, I'm sure they made this change just because they thought it'd be great fun for players and had no other motives whatsoever. Makes sense.
you know, Slashley, you keep downing this game (while being dolphin at least), and still play it... idk, (no offence, my man) - are u somewhat of finder of guilty pleasure?I give credit where credit is due, and discredit where discredit is due.

One shouldn't turn a blind eye on things that are bad just because you like something else.

artista
12-07-2018, 12:04 PM
Yes, I'm sure they made this change just because they thought it'd be great fun for players and had no other motives whatsoever. Makes sense.I give credit where credit is due, and discredit where discredit is due.

One shouldn't turn a blind eye on things that are bad just because you like something else.

Changing rates = get more money.
Changing one visual effect = improving the game.

But you can say its "higher adrenaline rush" for all I care.

AutoCrimson
12-07-2018, 12:04 PM
well, if you (in plural form) do not pay for service, means you are the "service" itself - for those, who pay

how they say it in eng... "nothing personal, only business", i think

Slashley
12-07-2018, 12:24 PM
Changing rates = get more money.--I believe Japanese companies are obligated by law to let people to know the rates. Nerfing those would thus require to inform the playerbase of the change, which would thus risk pissing people off.

Increasing rates in hopes of casuals paying more is not a tried and true tactic, so I don't think you're referring to that either.

So yeah, you can say that removing platinum doors is "improving the game" for all I care. We can agree to disagree.

sanahtlig
12-07-2018, 12:39 PM
The free-to-play game business model is driven by perverse incentives. It's not enough to have many players, or to create a fun game that people want to spend a lot of time playing. Instead, it's about finding innovative (or not so innovative) ways to part people with their money. In many cases, that means making the game addictive and NOT fun, and then goading players to pay up to reduce the tedium or gain an advantage over others. In the traditional model, you pay for content. In the free-to-play model, you pay to progress and to out-compete others. The Gatcha mechanic is just another monetization strategy to distinguish the paying players from the rest, and should be viewed as such. That's certainly how developers view it.

artista
12-07-2018, 01:05 PM
I believe Japanese companies are obligated by law to let people to know the rates. Nerfing those would thus require to inform the playerbase of the change, which would thus risk pissing people off.

Increasing rates in hopes of casuals paying more is not a tried and true tactic, so I don't think you're referring to that either.

So yeah, you can say that removing platinum doors is "improving the game" for all I care. We can agree to disagree.

They also changed some skills designs the same day like Hercules full break so I need to ask you the hidden psychology behind this to milk money. It cant be to improve the game like you said and I doubt you get an adrenaline rush when you use skills with new images.

Slashley
12-07-2018, 01:10 PM
They also changed some skills designs the same day like Hercules full break so I need to ask you the hidden psychology behind this to milk money. It cant be to improve the game like you said and I doubt you get an adrenaline rush when you use skills with new images.Kinda grasping straws here, but hey, it's true that I am mystified about that change. I assume they wanted to unify skill icons, but it's not like there was a monetary incentive for that.

So I am mystified why that happened indeed.

AutoCrimson
12-07-2018, 01:26 PM
i still wonder why Sana calls "gacha" - "gatcha" - but thats only me, right?

and yes, JP cyber law has that point, that you can not "degrade" already unleashed units

sanahtlig
12-07-2018, 04:03 PM
i still wonder why Sana calls "gacha" - "gatcha" - but thats only me, right?
I'm not the only one (https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/321756/Gatcha_is_a_good_fit_for_Fire_Emblem_but_it_isnt_N intendos_standard_for_mobile.php) who uses this spelling. Probably because it resembles the English colloquialism "Gotcha". The term itself in Japanese is actually supposed to resemble the sound of a crank on a vending machine that dispenses capsule toys.

Laventale
12-07-2018, 04:29 PM
Isn't pronounced "Gatcha" but we say Gacha anyway 'cuz we're stupid lazy fucks?

Kitty
12-07-2018, 05:12 PM
again fuck u guys for not appreciating my meme

Cobblemaniac
12-07-2018, 07:38 PM
There's no such thing as a "tch" in japanese, nor is there anything that ends with "t", those aren't vowels.

Gacha is supposed to be the original way you pronounce it... with the official phonetic system. The extra t is pretty much added because we english speakers think it sounds like that.

Or for the gotcha meme, whichever fits.

MagicSpice
12-07-2018, 07:42 PM
So they took a page out of FFBE where gold can turn into rainbow...

Well, gacha savvy players like me know this one fact:

What you get is already decided by the time you press the draw button. It's just false hype.

lalala
12-08-2018, 12:49 AM
There's no such thing as a "tch" in japanese, nor is there anything that ends with "t", those aren't vowels.

Gacha is supposed to be the original way you pronounce it... with the official phonetic system. The extra t is pretty much added because we english speakers think it sounds like that.

Or for the gotcha meme, whichever fits.

There is the geminate consonant in Japanese. So the 'ch' sound is doubled to give 2 x 'ch', spelt as 'tch'. Like in Matcha (まっちゃ).

Gludateton
12-08-2018, 12:57 AM
The free-to-play game business model is driven by perverse incentives. It's not enough to have many players, or to create a fun game that people want to spend a lot of time playing. Instead, it's about finding innovative (or not so innovative) ways to part people with their money. In many cases, that means making the game addictive and NOT fun, and then goading players to pay up to reduce the tedium or gain an advantage over others. In the traditional model, you pay for content. In the free-to-play model, you pay to progress and to out-compete others. The Gatcha mechanic is just another monetization strategy to distinguish the paying players from the rest, and should be viewed as such. That's certainly how developers view it.

While I do agree with most points, do remember that games like League of Legends, DOTA 2, or Path of Exile exist.
As for gacha games though: yeah, they are cancer of gaming.

lalala
12-08-2018, 05:31 AM
While I do agree with most points, do remember that games like League of Legends, DOTA 2, or Path of Exile exist.
As for gacha games though: yeah, they are cancer of gaming.

So this forum is like a cancer support group?

Slashley
12-08-2018, 05:44 AM
So this forum is like a cancer support group?Hahaha! :squint:

... wait, fuck. :neutral:

lalala
12-08-2018, 06:14 AM
Hahaha! :squint:

... wait, fuck. :neutral:

Yeah... ikr... :p

sanahtlig
12-08-2018, 06:49 AM
So this forum is like a cancer support group?
A group intended not to so much to support the afflicted, but to support the affliction.

Cobblemaniac
12-08-2018, 10:19 AM
There is the geminate consonant in Japanese. So the 'ch' sound is doubled to give 2 x 'ch', spelt as 'tch'. Like in Matcha (まっちゃ).

I'd take it as "maccha". The tiny tsu (actually I dunno what it's called) for me is an indication to pause a tiny bit before continuing with the next phonetic. Which as I did say, we can label as an additional t because it can sound a bit like that when we english speakers hear it.

Cancer support group

Well... Let's be real, at this point a huge chunk of the internet might as well be loving cancer now.

I for one don't mind, just look at my tastes

AutoCrimson
12-08-2018, 12:28 PM
Lolis >> Cancer

MagicSpice
12-08-2018, 12:30 PM
Well, people forget one thing at times...

It's not like the game is forcing you to spend money so it can seem "less cancerous" to a free player...

lalala
12-10-2018, 05:59 AM
Well, people forget one thing at times...

It's not like the game is forcing you to spend money so it can seem "less cancerous" to a free player...

On the contrary you feel the need to grind more in order to 'catch up' so to speak...

MagicSpice
12-10-2018, 02:45 PM
On the contrary you feel the need to grind more in order to 'catch up' so to speak...

only real benefit to whaling is more access to gacha stuff (weapons, more kami, possibly drag eyes, etc).... yes it does give advantages (especially in the case of 100% eidolons and kaisers), but heavy event/raid grinds can still put you somewhat close.... This game does still do a great job for free players provided you farm for not just the SSRs, but also the magic jewels and gacha tickets (cause luck is a thing and i swear i've gotten over 20 SSR from those)

hell, the fact that I don't have managarmr is the main reason why some people can still outdamage my light team... and that grid is full of Slv20 weapons with Assault (one being SLv30)

Cobblemaniac
12-11-2018, 08:28 PM
only real benefit to whaling is more access to gacha stuff (weapons, more kami, possibly drag eyes, etc).... yes it does give advantages (especially in the case of 100% eidolons and kaisers), but heavy event/raid grinds can still put you somewhat close.... This game does still do a great job for free players provided you farm for not just the SSRs, but also the magic jewels and gacha tickets (cause luck is a thing and i swear i've gotten over 20 SSR from those)

hell, the fact that I don't have managarmr is the main reason why some people can still outdamage my light team... and that grid is full of Slv20 weapons with Assault (one being SLv30)

https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm34127924

Think again.

Close? If your definition of close is lightyears away.

Unregistered
12-12-2018, 01:35 AM
Rip my f2p eye ball

Gludateton
12-12-2018, 01:48 AM
Rip my f2p eye ball

With enough time put in leveling grids you can still complete most of the content as f2p. You just won't be able to truly compete in competitive events like towers and dummy-beating, but... that's what one should expect to be honest (I mean would be the point of buying anything in this game otherwise ?)

MagicSpice
12-12-2018, 05:10 PM
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm34127924

Think again.

Close? If your definition of close is lightyears away.

Not even a normal whale has like 4 max lv kasiers for one grid though...

I can't speak for those that look like they funneled more money than a country into the game. I did say "whale" not kraken (or space whale as some call it)

Even then, DMM is in the era of "triple effects" since some weapon skills do 2 things now. We'll get access to that eventually and will make damage output skyrocket