PDA

View Full Version : [Event 69] Advent Battle vs Rahab (Rematch)

Kitty
12-09-2018, 09:12 AM
oh shit it's event 6ix9ine bois you know what that means--- absolutely nothing! <br />
<br />
<br />
Ultimate/Rag - (ULT 2T Charge, RAG 1T Charge) <br />
Normal Overdrive - Deals large DMG to 1 ally and applies ATK buff...

Bedevil
12-09-2018, 09:19 AM
thanks a lot, rahab knife fbl looks juciy and the other ssr is even good
the event banner looks great but it might just be ama..... :silly:

QXZ
12-09-2018, 03:32 PM
DAma is a nice waifu. :love:

Kitty
12-09-2018, 03:58 PM
DAma is a nice waifu. :love:

y-you're a nicer waifu...!

MagicSpice
12-09-2018, 08:08 PM
oh, rahab knife gets FLB....

(and i'm getting dark ama this time dammit....)

AutoCrimson
12-11-2018, 03:26 AM
ahh, the sweet 69...

rahab knife FLB, here i come
(waiting for light Ama to complete my Amaz collection

Unregistered
12-14-2018, 12:50 AM
glad i kept my rahabs knife which is lvl 125 and skill lvl 20 unlike phoenix bow which i used as fodder a long time ago :(

so FLB for me aswell jeej

Unregistered
12-14-2018, 10:09 AM
Water again ?, cry when you are fire main and half of your grid is fire raid SR

AutoCrimson
12-14-2018, 11:44 AM
*crying when need to bench fire SSR since its useless*

MagicSpice
12-14-2018, 04:41 PM
To be honest, my water team could still use a boost so 2nd MLB Rahab Knife will be good til I can FLB both

Ikki
12-14-2018, 04:53 PM
Water again ?, cry when you are fire main and half of your grid is fire raid SR

And it will remain like that, fire has one of the worst UE flbs on top of it being late af, so grid wise fire is trash lvl unless you whale for it (whale fire grids are insane), to compensate for it, fire has some insane units, but you can't have everything in life.

MagicSpice
12-14-2018, 06:23 PM
And it will remain like that, fire has one of the worst UE flbs on top of it being late af, so grid wise fire is trash lvl unless you whale for it (whale fire grids are insane), to compensate for it, fire has some insane units, but you can't have everything in life.

That reminds me, I'm sitting on a Fire Drag Eye weapon that gives assault and stinger...

Doubt I'd FLB it anytime soon but when it triggers, I'm doing 6 digit normal hits for sure... (I hover around 70k-90k w/o it on average)

It's got me tempted to pull on fire rate ups just to see what the kami weapons got

Kitty
12-24-2018, 03:05 PM
welp the event should start either tonight or tomorrow night... hopefully everyone still has some H/E left over from the half price AP caves lol

gl guys and merry christmas!
...tho it's most likely gonna start on the 25th... butt fuck it!

MagicSpice
12-25-2018, 12:24 PM
...tho it's most likely gonna start on the 25th... butt fuck it!

you completely called that.... not even gonna start it tonight outside of maybe a rag run...

Unregistered
12-25-2018, 03:42 PM
What way to easiest grind the most common material. Sengoku Collab I ended up lacking candy to buy everything and wonder which level of opponent gives best candies or equivalents.

Kitty
12-25-2018, 04:28 PM
What way to easiest grind the most common material. Sengoku Collab I ended up lacking candy to buy everything and wonder which level of opponent gives best candies or equivalents.

uh nani do you mean

Unregistered
12-25-2018, 04:45 PM

I have no idea what you’re saying in the first sentence but ult give the most mats in advent

Dejnov
12-25-2018, 05:53 PM
That reminds me, I'm sitting on a Fire Drag Eye weapon that gives assault and stinger...

Doubt I'd FLB it anytime soon but when it triggers, I'm doing 6 digit normal hits for sure... (I hover around 70k-90k w/o it on average)

It's got me tempted to pull on fire rate ups just to see what the kami weapons got

I've got a question about FLBing a weapon. Do you have to FLB it before the end of the event, or can you save the mats and do it at a later date? I'm asking since I've never actually FLBed any weapon, but I do want to have the material ready and am willing to save cores from this event to FLB Rahab's dagger. Any advice on how the game treats advent mats that aren't spent is helpful.

Dejnov.

Ikki
12-25-2018, 06:06 PM
I've got a question about FLBing a weapon. Do you have to FLB it before the end of the event, or can you save the mats and do it at a later date? I'm asking since I've never actually FLBed any weapon, but I do want to have the material ready and am willing to save cores from this event to FLB Rahab's dagger. Any advice on how the game treats advent mats that aren't spent is helpful.

Dejnov.

Dunno what you mean with saving cores cause advent flbs need mats from that specific advent, so saving means nothing unless you save mats for that same event in the future aka rematch.

If by cores you meant demonic cores, yes you need them for advent flbs, but current advent (Houkei) has no ragna difficulty which means no cores, so i dont get your "saving cores" idea, and saving mats from Houkei doesnt help either cause as i said advents don't share mats.

AlphonseP
12-25-2018, 06:06 PM

Dejnov.

You can save your mats and FLB at your own convenience. Just remember to not use the mats carelessly because the only way to get them after event ends is to wait for another reprint, and who knows when that will happen

MagicSpice
12-25-2018, 11:06 PM
You can save your mats and FLB at your own convenience. Just remember to not use the mats carelessly because the only way to get them after event ends is to wait for another reprint, and who knows when that will happen

it's this reason why i'm gonna get a surplus of mats for 2 FLB weapons, since I already have one rahab knife at lv125....

i may not plan on using water often, but it's best to leave the option open...

Kitty
12-26-2018, 12:05 AM
LMAO well that's unexpected.

Thunder Aphro is HERE early! I guess DAma and LNike will come out on the next event.

Unregistered
12-26-2018, 01:25 AM
uh nani do you mean

I have no idea what you’re saying in the first sentence but ult give the most mats in advent

I understand that the first sentence was not proper english, but it held all the proper words. Will clarify.

Essentially, I think there are in Advent battle 4 types of materials, from common, uncommon, rare, and super rare.
In Rahab, Alloy Scale, Sea Dragon Fin, Hull of Extreme Hardness, Rahab Pearl.

I wondered if Alloy Scale is more likely to occur in lower battle levels then otherwise, or are the odds equal and all that matter is getting as many 'bronze chests' as possible for good luck draw.

BamBam
12-26-2018, 01:48 AM
How effective is phantom vlad to farm? Anyone?

reveril
12-26-2018, 04:21 AM
Somewhat new player here, light main. Is there anything I should try to get in Rahab Rematch? At the moment I can only clear Expert.

AutoCrimson
12-26-2018, 05:37 AM
jewels, tix, HFs, 1 copy of eido, and rahab knife, as much as u can get

MagicSpice
12-26-2018, 07:03 AM
jewels, tix, HFs, 1 copy of eido, and rahab knife, as much as u can get

Would try to get as many copies of rahab as you can get cause you know... eidolon orbs...

How effective is phantom vlad to farm? Anyone?

Not fully sure, but running two of them seems to produce some decent results. Nearly guarantees an extra devil soul when I do raid events with that, but maybe that's just my luck.

Slashley
12-26-2018, 07:19 AM

Dejnov.This was already answered really, but just to clarify, as long as you save the Rahab Silver and Rahab Gold mats required you can FLB later just fine. All the other materials can be acquired elsewhere.
I understand that the first sentence was not proper english, but it held all the proper words. Will clarify.

Essentially, I think there are in Advent battle 4 types of materials, from common, uncommon, rare, and super rare.
In Rahab, Alloy Scale, Sea Dragon Fin, Hull of Extreme Hardness, Rahab Pearl.

I wondered if Alloy Scale is more likely to occur in lower battle levels then otherwise, or are the odds equal and all that matter is getting as many 'bronze chests' as possible for good luck draw.In the very first few Advents different difficulties dropped stuff in different amounts.

These days, the answer is always "the highest grade you can farm"
So if you can farm Ultimate, always farm Ultimate. It's way better for all four types of mats.

AutoCrimson
12-26-2018, 08:25 AM
Would try to get as many copies of rahab as you can get cause you know... eidolon orbs...

knife >> rahab, and if he can get enuf mats for a rahab copy, grinding a bit more for knife wont hurt

QXZ
12-26-2018, 09:25 AM
hey guys what do you think of the SSR spear for this event? garbage or mediocre?

Unregistered
12-26-2018, 12:11 PM
hey guys what do you think of the SSR spear for this event? garbage or mediocre?

If you still have SR in your grid, grab it

MagicSpice
12-26-2018, 05:50 PM
If you still have SR in your grid, grab it

it's got assault and exceed.... i'd get it anyway if you're water focused.

that's actually a good combo for dual weapons. plus i always felt like water needs more damage output anyway (grids aside)

reveril
12-26-2018, 10:24 PM
knife >> rahab, and if he can get enuf mats for a rahab copy, grinding a bit more for knife wont hurt

Thanks for the responses, but can I ask why specifically would I want to get the knife? To fill up an SSR grid? And why knife over Rahab? Just so I understand the thought process.

VeryVoodoo
12-26-2018, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the responses, but can I ask why specifically would I want to get the knife? To fill up an SSR grid? And why knife over Rahab? Just so I understand the thought process.

Weapon grids are harder to fill than eido grids. So priority is to get weapons, especially if they have good skills. Considering this weapon also has a FLB, it's basically something you'll have in your grid forever. Whereas rahab in an eido grid is something that will become easily replaceable over time if you keep playing. In fact, you could skip the eido entirely, and it wouldn't affect your end-game at all, whereas missing out on the wpn could end up gimping your wpn grid almost irreparably later on.

Unregistered
12-26-2018, 10:51 PM
it's got assault and exceed....

Wrong as usual.... it's not exceed, it's stinger... Exceed would make it much more important.

Unregistered
12-26-2018, 11:05 PM
Weapon grids are harder to fill than eido grids. So priority is to get weapons, especially if they have good skills. Considering this weapon also has a FLB, it's basically something you'll have in your grid forever. Whereas rahab in an eido grid is something that will become easily replaceable over time if you keep playing. In fact, you could skip the eido entirely, and it wouldn't affect your end-game at all, whereas missing out on the wpn could end up gimping your wpn grid almost irreparably later on.

Grab 1 copy for 100 jew and that juicy H scene, it not expensive

Slashley
12-26-2018, 11:08 PM
Wrong as usual.... it's not exceed, it's stinger... Exceed would make it much more important.Assault/Exceed would make it damn good. Now, it's just... eh?
I mean, it's certainly way better than any Water SR so far. But for those veterans who are going to be filling their Water Grid with 9x Assault SSRs, it's difficult to justify this thing in that Grid. That Crit slvl20 is assumed to be roughly 2% more damage on average, against Fire only. Is that better than nothing? Absolutely. But is it worth the effort, when Fire Tower is already behind us? Probably not. Vritra reprint is four months away, so veterans will be getting two more Water FLBs there.

Cobblemaniac
12-27-2018, 12:44 AM
Assault/Exceed would make it damn good. Now, it's just... eh?
I mean, it's certainly way better than any Water SR so far. But for those veterans who are going to be filling their Water Grid with 9x Assault SSRs, it's difficult to justify this thing in that Grid. That Crit slvl20 is assumed to be roughly 2% more damage on average, against Fire only. Is that better than nothing? Absolutely. But is it worth the effort, when Fire Tower is already behind us? Probably not. Vritra reprint is four months away, so veterans will be getting two more Water FLBs there.

Lvl 90 rags.

And besides, it's not completely trash, so why not keep it.

Dejnov
12-27-2018, 01:15 AM
Lvl 90 rags.

How much extra damage does Crit do?

Dejnov.

Gludateton
12-27-2018, 02:51 AM
It depends on where you're getting crit from. From Stinger it's 20%, berserk frame if I remember correctly (thanks for correction).

MagicSpice
12-27-2018, 03:38 AM
Wrong as usual.... it's not exceed, it's stinger... Exceed would make it much more important.

i'm sorry, who are you again?

freeforme456
12-27-2018, 05:07 AM
Water weapons everytime

Unregistered
12-27-2018, 08:40 AM
It depends on where you're getting crit from. From Stinger it's 20%, berserk frame if I remember correctly.

More recent version of the damage formula puts crits in their own separate multiplier. Berserk/stun punishers/rage punishers are still in that miscellaneous 'other buff correction' multiplier though.

Stinger's for people focusing less on the long term average and more on gambling for all or nothing in small sample sizes. Like in situations where you know you're not quite strong enough for steady play to win, but creating variance can give you a shot.

Gludateton
12-27-2018, 08:59 AM
More recent version of the damage formula puts crits in their own separate multiplier. Berserk/stun punishers/rage punishers are still in that miscellaneous 'other buff correction' multiplier though.
Thanks for correction, seems I am quite outdated.

Slashley
12-27-2018, 12:40 PM
On a side note, the DMM wiki also pointed out that Stinger(S), Stinger(M) and Stinger(L) each have separate rolls. Does anyone know is that 0.2+0.2+0.2 = 60% bonus if that happens, or if it's 1.2*1.2*1.2 = 72.8% bonus?

The addition is more likely, but consistency has never been a strong suit of the devs.

Gludateton
12-27-2018, 01:03 PM
Source: JP wiki (notice that weapon's skill page for Stinger still has it under berserk & crit frame).

攻撃する毎に武器毎で発動判定を行
For every Stinger weapon roll will be made.

3本装備していて、全部発動すると+60% になる、といった具合。
With 3 Stingers equipped, if every roll is a success +60% damage will be applied.

Slashley
12-27-2018, 01:33 PM
Ah shit, I probably should've checked that myself, huh. I could've sworn a couple of months ago it just said about them rolling differently, but even going backwards it seems that's always been there... sorry.

Dejnov
12-27-2018, 02:06 PM
On a side note, the DMM wiki also pointed out that Stinger(S), Stinger(M) and Stinger(L) each have separate rolls. Does anyone know is that 0.2+0.2+0.2 = 60% bonus if that happens, or if it's 1.2*1.2*1.2 = 72.8% bonus?

The addition is more likely, but consistency has never been a strong suit of the devs.

I'm also guessing that for Stinger(S) it's 0% + 0.5%/sklvl activation with (M) +3% and (L) +6%. Is that right?

Dejnov.

Slashley
12-27-2018, 02:10 PM
I'm also guessing that for Stinger(S) it's 0% + 0.5%/sklvl activation with (M) +3% and (L) +6%. Is that right?

Dejnov.Nobody knows for sure, but that's the current theory, yes.

Dunhere
12-28-2018, 07:50 AM
Lvl 90 rags.

As he says, for those of us that are already replacing SSR weapons with the second knife, the spear isn't worth farming. Those still building their grid will certainly want it.

Pigeon
12-28-2018, 02:06 PM
Vicious Ocean Tide Spear is comically bad compared to the other Event SSR Water weapons of very recent times (Water Sickle of Guilty Sloth, Lazy Bow Hail Punisher, and Rahab's Knife). Not only is the Spear incapable of being Full Limit Broken where the three aforementioned all can be, but its Assault is downgraded for Stinger which is pretty terrible Skill given that it requires both favourable element (which is the last element you'll need more damage against given that you already hit their weak point) and involves rolls for random spike damage rather than a steady reliable increase.
Against everything that isn't Fire, it has the same Weapon Skill as an SR except it demands way more fodder to increase. On top of all this, it inexplicably punishes you for using it as a Soul Weapon by hitting you with multiple debuffs upon Bursting.

I picked it up anyway because I'm new and still have some Level 85 SRs/Level 50 SSRs I can't break further that I need to replace, and the 40 extra Levels should be more than sufficient to offset the extra tedium of levelling its Blizzard Assault.

Unregistered
12-28-2018, 02:29 PM
It's also a viable weapon to stuff in the grid just in case you pick up a phantom spear and you want to use it for your water team. Granted, that in itself is a stretch between the odds of picking up a phantom weapon and how few SSR water spears there are.

The weapon skill effect page putting crits in the same multiplier as berserk's pretty old. Like I remember that being the understanding last year.
Going through the history for the damage calculation page, it's the June 13 edit this year that put crits into their own multiplier. For that matter, the July 28 edit starts separating vigor from special (but still labeled both as special). The August 20 edit fully separates vigor from special.

Cobblemaniac
12-29-2018, 07:56 AM
It's also a viable weapon to stuff in the grid just in case you pick up a phantom spear and you want to use it for your water team. Granted, that in itself is a stretch between the odds of picking up a phantom weapon and how few SSR water spears there are.

The weapon skill effect page putting crits in the same multiplier as berserk's pretty old. Like I remember that being the understanding last year.
Going through the history for the damage calculation page, it's the June 13 edit this year that put crits into their own multiplier. For that matter, the July 28 edit starts separating vigor from special (but still labeled both as special). The August 20 edit fully separates vigor from special.

Crits being a RNG spike damage option gets nerfed in the future, however.

Instead of the crit being rolled once and applying for all hits of a move, each hit of the move gets rolled separately. To make things worse, this includes the multi hits of burst.

Dunhere
12-29-2018, 09:47 AM
Crits being a RNG spike damage option gets nerfed in the future, however.

Instead of the crit being rolled once and applying for all hits of a move, each hit of the move gets rolled separately. To make things worse, this includes the multi hits of burst.

Everyone refers to this as a nerf. Is it? It looks more like the same overall damage, spread more consistently.

Cobblemaniac
12-29-2018, 11:12 AM
Everyone refers to this as a nerf. Is it? It looks more like the same overall damage, spread more consistently.

On crit buffs, yes considering crit buffs are limited in time, so this pretty much skews the maths more towards nerf since you don't actually have infinite samples to work with, and tons more variability.

Spreading consistently is a thing that applies to stinger, and even then, stinger's not exactly the first weapon skill that comes to your mind when you think a good grid.

Gludateton
12-29-2018, 12:41 PM
On crit buffs, yes considering crit buffs are limited in time, so this pretty much skews the maths more towards nerf since you don't actually have infinite samples to work with, and tons more variability.

Spreading consistently is a thing that applies to stinger, and even then, stinger's not exactly the first weapon skill that comes to your mind when you think a good grid.
While I agree that it's nerf for crit being RNG spike damage, in overall I like new way of it working more. It actually reduces variance in damage.

Dejnov
12-29-2018, 12:54 PM
While I agree that it's nerf for crit being RNG spike damage, in overall I like new way of it working more. It actually reduces variance in damage.

With a 20% boost to damage and a ~10% chance of occurring (at slvl 20) that's approximately a 2% boost to overall damage (now that it can occur on every attack) and can be considered fairly reliable. From what someone mentioned earlier it occurs in a different frame than assault damage which means that the 2% is similar in power to a 3% increase in assault.

That makes the Spear similar to an Assault (L) weapon from the current assault (M). Not terribly bad for an SSR I think.

Dejnov.

Gludateton
12-29-2018, 01:10 PM
which means that the 2% is similar in power to a 3% increase in assault.
That's some rather weak weapon grid. 2% is 3% assault with 50% assault already present, 4% with 100%, 5% with 150% and so on. Point still stands, with rolling it on every attack/burst hit it's more reliable.

Ikki
12-29-2018, 01:17 PM
That's some rather weak weapon grid. 2% is 3% assault with 50% assault already present, 4% with 100%, 5% with 150% and so on. Point still stands, with rolling it on every attack/burst hit it's more reliable.

I like it cause i always roll with ele adv, i work on all my teams, but keep that in mind always, its ele adv dependant, so its not a good skill obv for people who tends to how to say it, "overuse" their main.

Cobblemaniac
12-29-2018, 09:27 PM
With a 20% boost to damage and a ~10% chance of occurring (at slvl 20) that's approximately a 2% boost to overall damage (now that it can occur on every attack) and can be considered fairly reliable. From what someone mentioned earlier it occurs in a different frame than assault damage which means that the 2% is similar in power to a 3% increase in assault.

That makes the Spear similar to an Assault (L) weapon from the current assault (M). Not terribly bad for an SSR I think.

Dejnov.

The thing with probability is...

It's that. Probability. The numbers you see as an average is represents not what will actually happen, but what may happen. The probability will probably only truly reflect the actual thing given an infinite amount of samples, but there's no such thing as an infinite number of turns in this game. What you're left with is a setup that sometimes works super well in your favour, and sometimes not, and sometimes completely cucks you. In that case, I'd rather have weapon effects such as vigor that also happen to fall on a different frame for calculation that doesn't fall solely on invisible RNG.

That said, assault still king, so this kind of debate is really peripheral.

reveril
12-30-2018, 11:33 PM
Question: I have gotten all copies of Rahab (and her knife, and some other goodies). I still dont have a full SSR Eidolon grid, and I'm a Light main (not sure if this part is relevant. In fact, is it?). In this case, is it better to sell her or train her up?

Ikki
12-30-2018, 11:56 PM
Tried to overfarm cause i needed just 1 glaive, it never dropped so im done with this event, not spending a single HE more for it.

Unregistered
12-31-2018, 03:12 AM
Question: I have gotten all copies of Rahab (and her knife, and some other goodies). I still dont have a full SSR Eidolon grid, and I'm a Light main (not sure if this part is relevant. In fact, is it?). In this case, is it better to sell her or train her up?

What is your light eid? and what other SSR eid you have?

nut
12-31-2018, 03:45 AM

Train her up, it's cheap then sell her later when you have better sub eido or keep her for collection

Dejnov
12-31-2018, 07:01 AM
I agree with Nut. Train her up and use her until you can get a full Light Eidolon grid. MLB Eidolons really help any team and you can use her until you get the full 6 Light grid.

Plus everybody knows that Eidolon skill enhancers are true fodder. This game throws them at you; I auto sell anything R at this time as I just don't have space anymore to store them.

Dejnov.

reveril
12-31-2018, 08:21 AM
What is your light eid? and what other SSR eid you have?

Not Managarmr lol. Got a 0* God Kaiser, Yule Goat (main) and Houkei :v

Train her up, it's cheap then sell her later when you have better sub eido or keep her for collection

I agree with Nut. Train her up and use her until you can get a full Light Eidolon grid. MLB Eidolons really help any team and you can use her until you get the full 6 Light grid.

Plus everybody knows that Eidolon skill enhancers are true fodder. This game throws them at you; I auto sell anything R at this time as I just don't have space anymore to store them.

Dejnov.

I realized that I didn't lose orbs if i limit broke her (then sold her) just a few minutes ago lol, and that was all I needed to make a decision. Anyways, thanks for the responses!