PDA

View Full Version : [Event 72] Advent Battle vs Medjed

Kitty
01-09-2019, 10:41 AM
well, no info on the wiki about this event, but seems pretty easy enough. <br />
<br />
Medjed has a 5T Charge on Exp/Ult/Rag <br />
ULT has 1.15M HP, not sure of Rag because again... lazy ass japs. <br />
<br />
anyway, Rag...

Unregistered
01-09-2019, 10:48 AM
Ah yes, Pride (S) on the gun. Can't be lazy and simply divide the skill level by 2 to get the assault.
... instead I'll probably have to rush it to 20 so I can just automatically write in 7 for the assault :P

Slashley
01-09-2019, 10:55 AM
Just in time for the Water Tower. Pride(++)/Defender would be better than Defender(++)/Pride, but still plenty good. Combined with Gluttony Guns, that Stinger weapon... ... eh, not sure.
Ah yes, Pride (S) on the gun. Can't be lazy and simply divide the skill level by 2 to get the assault.
... instead I'll probably have to rush it to 20 so I can just automatically write in 7 for the assault :PYup, 7% at 100% HP. Goes up to ~18% at next to no HP, which isn't particularly impressive considering Pride(++) goes to 29%. Still, good enough.

Kitty
01-09-2019, 11:07 AM
anyway, weapon aside, this is probably the best eido we've had yet from any advents, IMO.

40% thunder attribute up / water resist

summon: random buff effect to all allies could be atk buff, def buff or affliction resist OR random debuff to all enemies (atk/def debuff)
and super nice stats. all in all a really nice eidolon..

Bedevil
01-09-2019, 11:11 AM
nice banner, i have to say medjed looks like one sexy eidolon

Laventale
01-09-2019, 12:31 PM
Wake me up when Fire Uzume comes.

Dais
01-09-2019, 07:37 PM
Wtf is Medjed riding?

Laventale
01-09-2019, 08:36 PM
Wtf is Medjed riding?

A head of some sorts.

Kitty
01-10-2019, 06:38 AM
Wtf is Medjed riding?

this DICCCCC

Cobblemaniac
01-10-2019, 08:03 AM
this DICCCCC

Soon™

10 characters

Pigeon
01-10-2019, 02:07 PM
As if Thunder wasn't bad enough when Water is my world, that anti-Cthulhu/Ryu-Oh. Oof.

Unregistered
01-10-2019, 04:58 PM
As if Thunder wasn't bad enough when Water is my world, that anti-Cthulhu/Ryu-Oh. Oof.

Is your mind ok ?, who fight thunder with water ?

Ikki
01-10-2019, 06:31 PM
Is your mind ok ?, who fight thunder with water ?

Hes probably sanahtlig successor.

Pigeon
01-11-2019, 07:18 PM
I'm a new player (still about a week from the two-month mark), built around a re-rolled Rudra+Ryu-Oh and Water's carried me so far to Rank 80 as my only reasonably developed element whatsoever so yeah will probably have no choice but to use it. ^_^

For Water I have: 5 SSR Kamihime, a 110% Rudra (pulled a second copy and used an Imperial Chaldea), 4 MLB SL20 SSR event weapons, an SL20 1-star Soul Weapon (Herc's Axe), and a few Level 85 SRs to round out the grid that are near SL20 (should have them all there within the week).

For Wind I have: 0 SSR Kamihime, Houkei x Tenfu as my only SSR Eidolon, no SSR Wind weapons. :S

For other elements I have 1-2 SSR Kamihime, 30-40% Level 100 ATK-boosting event Eidolons that I use for stats and a few Level 40 Gacha Eidolons I don't use since their stats aren't so great.

My past experiences with Lightning were the Tartarus event (which was a busy raid so I just had to get damage in and got all the rewards anyway), and the Yggdrasil GO which at the time I mostly just had to settle for the participation/x battle clearing mission points for (was enough for 1 Orichalcon so I was reasonably happy considering the weakness, without which I was able to clear my first GO Boss against St. Nick this week and get 2 Orichalcons so hopefully will be able to build off that going forward). I don't think I could've done nearly as well in general if I tried supporting multiple elements at once rather than focusing on what is clearly my best one, but yeah events like these where I have a glaring weakness will be the trade-off I reckon. :S

Slashley
01-11-2019, 07:25 PM
Once you get your Water team to a decent state, I highly recommend working on the flipside of your Water team - Wind. It's a team you'll literally only be using against Thunder content. Even a just Wind Grid will get you easily through everything except Thunder GO, and even that will be mostly doable as long as you have the Grid to support it.

Light/Dark/Fire are fine too as a secondary team, if you have any great SSRs for one of those.

Unregistered
01-11-2019, 07:35 PM
People who opt to focus on one element are also generally supposed to work on a secondary team specifically to handle their weakness.
Wind doesn't need much to get you through thunder events. You already have free/practically free access to -30% atk/-15% def through Cybele and Zephyrus. If you manage to have rolled Oberon, congrats, that's the debuff core of a SSR-less wind team for a launch player (me). (how I managed to roll 16 SSRs, but have none of them be of 2 of this game's 6 elements is bewildering)

Though I probably should stop using Zephyrus by now. I'll probably go... I dunno, Joan/Cybele/Oberon/Ithaqua/Wind Ramiel here, I suppose. I should be fine if I attack on the first two turns to get through the first two specials, then start applying debuffs right? Then use Joan to tank the overdrive and hopefully be able to full burst then.

Unregistered
01-12-2019, 07:43 AM
For the rag, ezpz solution: bring chaos magic. Attack twice, debuff, before she overdrive, use chaos magic. Win.

AutoCrimson
01-12-2019, 08:38 AM
what rag?
(10 characters)

Ikki
01-12-2019, 09:56 AM
what rag?
(10 characters)

err medjed? this is an advent thread, people usually read whats the thread about.

AutoCrimson
01-12-2019, 10:46 AM
ah, i was confused by few prev messages, that certainly dont have any relevance to medjed event

Laventale
01-19-2019, 04:55 PM
Sticky upon request.

Slashley
01-22-2019, 12:34 AM
This boss is a literal fucking walking trashcan.

Unregistered
01-22-2019, 01:06 AM

Did you try full R water team with Siegfried ?

Slashley
01-22-2019, 09:20 AM
Did you try full R water team with Siegfried ?I meant the actual look of the boss.

Avoidance finally screwed me over and I got hit by the Overdrive, and that Rage overdrive would doom any Water R team. Probably even Joan+Wind Kaiser wouldn't be enough. With double Cleanse, it might be doable though... but challenge not accepted. Maybe somebody else will you up on that.

Dais
01-22-2019, 09:24 AM

That's what I thought too. Wtf is that thing supposed to be, looks like a beer mug.

Kitty
01-22-2019, 09:31 AM
reminds me of one of those rapa nui things

but lmao, medjed in egyptian mythology originally was depicted as this -
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ed/Greenfield_papyrus_-_sheet_12_-_Medjed.jpg

Delete
01-22-2019, 09:42 AM
I was thinking on a church Bell.

About the event...I will pass on the SSR gun. It does not seem a good idea to use a 3rd Pride weapon having Thunder Aphrodite.

Slashley
01-22-2019, 10:09 AM
About the event...I will pass on the SSR gun. It does not seem a good idea to use a 3rd Pride weapon having Thunder Aphrodite.I am using five Pride weapons and I like it.

Then again, I don't have Thunder Aphro, unlike you lucky git.

Delete
01-22-2019, 10:25 AM
:silly:

(10 char)

Dejnov
01-22-2019, 09:43 PM
What's the consensus on Medjed herself? Good enough to keep as a main Eido or convert into Eido points?

I'm currently leaning to keeping the Axe (as it's assault) and skill fodding the Gun (as it's defender). Sound right or am I making a huge mistake here?

Dejnov.

Unregistered
01-22-2019, 09:56 PM
Medjed being a 40% element/10% resist eidolon is a viable event eidolon for the main slot. Also, her stats are good enough such that if you ever pull Nidhoggr in the future and need thunder eidolons in the sub slots, you'll be fine picking Medjed as one of them.

Medjed gun has Pride (S) on it as well; that comes out to +7% assault at lv 20. Less than optimal, but you're still getting offense out of it at least while you're mainly equipping it for the HP.

Slashley
01-23-2019, 04:01 AM
What's the consensus on Medjed herself? Good enough to keep as a main Eido or convert into Eido points?Better keep it. Medjed can be invaluable for whenever you want to take less damage on your Thunder team against Water. Such as upcoming Tower.
I'm currently leaning to keeping the Axe (as it's assault)The Axe is alright.
and skill fodding the Gun (as it's defender).Bro, what exactly do you want from a weapon? Because it's 7% Assault and 16% HP. Sure, it could be 13% Assault and 10% HP, but let's be real here. The Gun is really good.

Dejnov
01-23-2019, 07:33 AM
Better keep it. Medjed can be invaluable for whenever you want to take less damage on your Thunder team against Water. Such as upcoming Tower.The Axe is alright.Bro, what exactly do you want from a weapon? Because it's 7% Assault and 16% HP. Sure, it could be 13% Assault and 10% HP, but let's be real here. The Gun is really good.

Cool. Thanks for the insight; I'll be keep both. Got a different, clarifying remarks, follow-up question. Is the gun better than the axe? And, if so, why?

Dejnov.

Dais
01-23-2019, 07:39 AM
why not get both axe and gun? Or am I missin somethin?

Dejnov
01-23-2019, 07:52 AM
why not get both axe and gun? Or am I missin somethin?

I can get both (and will), but I'm more interested in understanding where I went wrong in my assumption that the gun wasn't a great weapon to keep. My grid isn't full SSR yet, but one day it should be. Right now it's easy, any SR is assault, and replace with an SSR that has assault. What about when the whole grid is SSR assault. Which one works out to be better in that instance... that's why I'm asking the clarifying question. Just want to learn more.

Dejnov.

Slashley
01-23-2019, 07:55 AM
-- Is the gun better than the axe? And, if so, why?If you ask me, yes.

The Axe is 13% Assault and ~10% chance to deal 20% more damage (effectively 2% more damage on average).
The Gun is 7% Assault and 16% HP.

While the Gun is less damage output, it's not zero. HP is good for you, since if you are dead, you're not dealing any damage.

Unregistered
01-23-2019, 12:24 PM
As with all things, it really depends on your team. If you're still running D'Art/Mammon and using D'Art gun then the additional HP from medjed's gun has diminished value, while the higher assault on the axe has increased value since you are already dedicating another slot on the grid to HP.

Of course, if you're not running any other weapons that gives HP in your grid and you find that you'd want a bit more HP, then medjed's gun is a better value as a dual skill weapon.

Slashley
01-23-2019, 12:50 PM
As with all things, it really depends on your team. If you're still running D'Art/Mammon and using D'Art gun then the additional HP from medjed's gun has diminished value, while the higher assault on the axe has increased value since you are already dedicating another slot on the grid to HP.

Of course, if you're not running any other weapons that gives HP in your grid and you find that you'd want a bit more HP, then medjed's gun is a better value as a dual skill weapon.I... don't fully agree with this. If you're using Dartagnan's HP weapon, then you're not lacking in Assault - you're lacking in Elemental. 6% more Assault isn't going to make or break anything.

What is said here is more of a comparison between "If you have a Assault(+)/HP weapon and this HP(++)/Pride weapon" more than anything else. And in all honesty, in that case, the Assault(+)/HP weapon should win pretty much regardless of your situation. But we simply don't have all that many weapons like that yet, and probably won't for a long time.

Ikki
01-23-2019, 01:41 PM
I... don't fully agree with this. If you're using Dartagnan's HP weapon, then you're not lacking in Assault - you're lacking in Elemental. 6% more Assault isn't going to make or break anything.

What is said here is more of a comparison between "If you have a Assault(+)/HP weapon and this HP(++)/Pride weapon" more than anything else. And in all honesty, in that case, the Assault(+)/HP weapon should win pretty much regardless of your situation. But we simply don't have all that many weapons like that yet, and probably won't for a long time.

In all honesty if you run d'art hp weapon you dont need medjed gun unless your grid sucks balls, its a matter of how much hp are you comfortable with without losing too much dmg, you are already having 30% defender without any elemental/assault in 1 slot, cant afford to lose more damage, if anything for vets the medjed gun is a good choice IF you arent using d'art hp weapon, in other words, herc axe or shingen spear, cause usually those setups lack some hp and medjed gun is fine in that scenario (besides without medjed gun you cant reliably make a f2p null grid for thunder, gun is your only choice).

Unregistered
01-23-2019, 01:44 PM
For Thunder, that basically means 'go get more Amaru glaives! (one month at a time :P)'. Outside of them, thunder event weapons that give HP without hindering offense are Medjed gun's Defender (L)/Pride (S) and FLB'd Mastema staff's Defender (L)/Assault (S).

Oh, yea, and maybe years later Medjed will get a reprint and the gun gets FLB to bump up to Pride (M).

Cobblemaniac
01-24-2019, 12:41 AM
For Thunder, that basically means 'go get more Amaru glaives! (one month at a time :P)'. Outside of them, thunder event weapons that give HP without hindering offense are Medjed gun's Defender (L)/Pride (S) and FLB'd Mastema staff's Defender (L)/Assault (S).

Oh, yea, and maybe years later Medjed will get a reprint and the gun gets FLB to bump up to Pride (M).

Uh... no.

DMM f2p meta grid with thunder so far has been gun... half because of UE and half because of Phul.

Slashley
01-24-2019, 12:53 AM
Who or what is Phul.

Cobblemaniac
01-24-2019, 01:02 AM
Who or what is Phul.

Thunder guardian.

I don't exactly remember what her gun does, but DMM be using her gun along with the UE guns + Mammon gun for a null gun grid.

Unregistered
01-24-2019, 01:08 AM
Thunder guardian angel, the gun does Assault ++ / Sprout (Ascension/Vigoras)

Slashley
01-24-2019, 01:22 AM
Now I just need to need what these "Guardians" are :smirk:
I haven't read DMM wiki in months.

Unregistered
01-24-2019, 01:25 AM
Thunder guardian angel, the gun does Assault ++ / Sprout (Ascension/Vigoras)

Sound fucking nice, what fire have ?

Unregistered
01-24-2019, 02:04 AM
The Guardians are basically the top tier raid atm, lv100 raids for 25 man with 200m+ hp.

Fire didn't get anything amazing iirc, a couple of okay weapons pride++/exceed+ and assault++/defender+. But their vigoras is /elaborate and thus pretty meh.

Cobblemaniac
01-24-2019, 02:06 AM
Now I just need to need what these "Guardians" are :smirk:
I haven't read DMM wiki in months.

New raids besides the disasters and catastrophes.

You can get the guardians themselves as your eidos, as well as grab guardian weps using their drops (globes) as well as magnas from the CatRag raids.

Sound fucking nice, what fire have ?

A big fat middle finger up their anus. Well fire finally gets the exceed they need from the guardian axe... but the other weapons are lackluster compared to the other element guardian weps.

Tl;dr fire is still a spacewhale element.

Slashley
01-24-2019, 02:17 AM
The term "Guardian" is already used in for Union Guardians (such as Lightning Thundering Boltania), and they made a raid with the same name? Or is actually a different term and this is just machine translation shenanigans.

Anyway, thanks.

Unregistered
01-24-2019, 02:37 AM
守護天使 Guardian Angels

守護闇天
Guardian of Heavenly Darkness - Aratron

守護光天
Guardian of Heavenly Light - Hagith

守護風天
Guardian of Heavenly Wind - Hikkikomori

守護雷天
Guardian of Heavenly Thunder - Phul

守護火天
Guardian of Heavenly Fire - Phaleg

守護水天
Guardian of Geavenly Water - Ophiel

??? - The final and hidden antagonist who was recently revealed to be the [censored spoiler]

Kitty
01-24-2019, 02:57 AM
守護天使 Guardian Angels

守護闇天
Guardian of Heavenly Darkness - Aratron

守護光天
Guardian of Heavenly Light - Hagith

守護風天
Guardian of Heavenly Wind - Hikkikomori

守護雷天
Guardian of Heavenly Thunder - Phul

守護火天
Guardian of Heavenly Fire - Phaleg

守護水天
Guardian of Geavenly Water - Ophiel

??? - The final and hidden antagonist who was recently revealed to be the [censored spoiler]

the Wind Olympian Spirits' name is Bethor. none of them have JP names as they're all Latin.
also, the Water one is TBA, but it's assumed her name will be Ophiel since the planet associated with him is Mercury (which element is water), while Och is the Sun.

Unregistered
01-24-2019, 03:24 AM
Naaaah Bethor's nane is Hikkikomori according to Phul :rami:
Phul: Phaleg Onee-ue, Hagith Onee-ue and Hikkikomori Onee-ue.

The Guardian names have already been revealed in their story dialogue. The only one not revealed yet was Och which you just had to spoil. Sigh.

These new tier raids are a break from the current Disaster / Catastrophe series.

Battle wise they are.... more straightforward than the Catastrophe. Less cancerous bullshit mechanics like 28k dmg Death Star Beam x 5 on one target or Charm/Sleep spam or might-as-well-make-it-pernanent buff spam. But they are by no means weak. They do not have lackeys with them and have all the massive strength to themselves, with each sporting between 200~250m hp. Their resistance is high as usual. Except for that one Hikkikomori oddball. :rami:

Kitty
01-24-2019, 03:47 AM
probably just a nickname, tho. since "hikikomori" means antisocial/confined.
and they're not guardians, but rather spirits.

https://i.imgur.com/1jQBzQs.png

as Och (the sun) rules the largest "planet" (star kek) w/e, she'll probably be the strongest i.e the phantom element, or will be left out altogether.
but I doubt the phantom option on the raid quest menu is there for nothing.

Unregistered
01-24-2019, 03:56 AM
Well someone doesn't understand the joke

Kitty
01-24-2019, 04:00 AM
sorry I'm not educated on all weeb terminology so the joke probably flew over my head

Unregistered
01-24-2019, 04:10 AM
The issue isnt with "weeb terminology". If you had bothered to think why people called her that (mainly from her encounter episode) instead of trying to correct the guy maybe the joke wouldnt be ruined

Kitty
01-24-2019, 04:17 AM
if i bothered to think? nigga tf makes you think everyone's somehow seen her encounter? lmao
i thought you genuinely made a mistake on her name and i was just trying to correct you with her actual name. nothin wrong with that kek
that ain't no joke my dude.

edit - this is irrelevant to the thread anyway. make a thread on the spirits or go to general discussion if you want to discuss about the future rags since this is just a here and now advent thread

Unregistered
01-24-2019, 05:27 AM
The joke part is definitely a good point. However the original point still stands, you jumped in corrected him without thinking. You actually believe someone who can translate every other name correctly no issues whatsoever and decided to just slap "Hikkimori" on bethor randomly?

Kitty
01-24-2019, 05:32 AM
just assumed he made a mistake lol had no clue what it meant, so i asssssssumed that he actually thought her name was hikimori because not everyone knows that its not actually a name but a description or w/e

Pigeon
01-24-2019, 02:34 PM
Ragnarok Medjed is really no trouble for my water platoon as it turns out. She has anti-overdrive control but her overdrive takes forever anyway and she just takes her sweet time doing not much threatening. Ragnarok Rahab felt much stronger.

falcontea
01-26-2019, 06:28 PM
With no FLB weapon as part of this event there's not a reason to farm any materials after you've cleared the exchange of what you want, or am I missing something?

Kitty
01-26-2019, 06:43 PM
With no FLB weapon as part of this event there's not a reason to farm any materials after you've cleared the exchange of what you want, or am I missing something?

advents don't get FLBs until they have a rematch later on. DMM haven't had a 2nd Medjed event yet, so no FLB upcoming... if you have left over AP and nothing to use it on, nothings stopping you from getting more mats for the future for whenever Medjed rematches... kek in like 2 years