PDA

View Full Version : AQ5 thread

Slashley
01-14-2019, 02:37 PM
So, Accessory Quest Rank 5 has been out for a while now. And since I kept forgetting the mechanics, I thought I'd write them down so that I wouldn't need to look up a machine translated DMM wiki every freaking day. Many AAB AQ5 already - some just flipping Burst on Wave3 and some entirely automatically - but for those who are struggling or looking to clear this, you're welcome.

Monday, Thunder
Wave 1:
Hati, 700k, 2 turns, random 3x 2500-3000 damage
Storm Katze, 400k, 2 turns, all heal for 25%
Ratatoskr, 600k, 1 turn, all combo+ (240 seconds)
Kill priority: Top, bottom, middle

Nothing special here. Middle should just be ignored. Gaia owners might want to kill bottom first since Gaia can negate top Overdrive.

Wave 2:
Urcaguary, 5m, 4 turns
Normal: Random 1x 4000 damage + damage cut (-50%?)(5 hits?)
Rage: Random 3x 4000 damage + heal 50k
Gauge behavior: Rage at 80%, Stun at 25%?, does not free.
Trigger 1: First action: clear all debuffs + Def Up (+20%?)(doesn't expire)
Trigger 2: Turn 20: All 13000 damage

MAKE SURE NOT TO DEBUFF ON TURN 1.
This thing is quite tanky, but anyone who can meet the damage requirements of Wave3 shouldn't have issues. Considering his Def buff, 0.3m/t or so should dispatch this guy, and the damage requirement for Wave3 is 1.25m/t.
Still, he is tanky and he can be somewhat painful. Weaker players might need to Full Burst at the start. If you're still having issues, you might not be strong enough for Wave3 anyway but... try bringing Dispel maybe?
Stronger players can unleash skills on turn2 and then just auto-combat her down. For the record, this tactic takes my ~45k Atk Wind team about 9-10 turns to kill with -50% Def, which perfectly sets up Hraes to be available for Wave3.

Again, Gaia can just negate Overdrives entirely. Because why not make all Thunder stuff single target?Tuesday, Fire
Wave 1:
Lechsal, 650k, 2 turns, all 2000 damage
Gaddahl, 600k, 2 turns, random 2x 2500 damage + def down 4t
Katieu, 600k, 3 turns, random 1x 7500 damage
Kill priority: Middle, bottom, top

Nothing special here. Try not to eat either mid or bottom Overdrives unless you can manipulate them into damage cuts somehow.

Wave 2:
Orthus, 4m, 2 turns
Normal: all 2000 damage + Flame DoT 5t (500/t)
Rage: random 2x ? damage (7000+ damage if target under Flame DoT)
Gauge behavior: Rage at 75%, Stun at 50%, frees at 25%
Trigger 1: entering Rage: all Fire Res Down 6t + Flame DoT (500/t) 5t

You're going to either need HP or Cleanse effects, for this will be take off some HP from you, possibly up to 5000 damage from the DoTs alone. With modern dual-skills, this guy probably won't pose a problem. Just make sure to not eat the Rage overdrive while the Flame DoT is up on anyone.Wednesday, Water
Wave 1:
Krirtu, 600k?, 3 turns, all 2x 800 damage
Oannes, 600k, 1 turn, all atk/def+ (+10%?)(stacks) 180s
Apsasu, 600k, 1 turn, all atk- (-?%)(stacks) 5t and burst-10
Kill priority: Bottom, top, middle

Nothing special here. The buffs and debuffs stack up fast, but seem small enough that they probably won't pose a problem for anyone who can clear Wave3.

Wave 2:
Scylla, 4m, 2 turns
Normal: Random 6x 1000 damage + all burst-20
Rage: All 5000 damage + ability seal
Gauge behavior: Rage at 75%, Stun at 50%, frees at 25%
Trigger 1: when at 5% HP or less: All ability seal 5t + burst seal 5t + kill self

Both Overdrives are a pain in the ass, pick your poison. Be careful not get stuck in a loop of the high damage Rage Overdrives that seal off your damaging abilities. But most importantly, unless Wave3 is a complete joke to you, DO NOT GET HIT BY THE TRIGGER. The trigger sets off at around "6" of the "lv 60 Scylla" of the enemy name bar.

Seems to have very low debuff tolerance, as just about always gets Paralyzed by Awakened Thor.Thursday, Wind
Wave 1:
Werecat, 500k, 6 turns, random 5x 14000 damage (note: punches for about 1500 a turn)
Typhoon, 450k, 2 turns, all damage cut (50%)(once)
Senri, 450k, 2 turns, all 1000 damage + 2 orbs to top
Kill priority: Top, bottom, middle

Don't let top mob use Overdrive on you. With her low HP, that shouldn't be a problem for anyone. Middle can be entirely ignored, but those with decent damage output can kill bottom first.

Wave 2:
Batsquatch, 5m, 3 turns
Normal: Random 3x damage 6000 + combo+
Rage: All damage depending on current buffs (1500 per buff) + atk+ (360s)(stacks)
(deals 0 damage with 0 buffs, damage might be increased further by offensive buffs!)
Gauge behavior: Rage at 80% HP, Stun at 60%, frees at 40%, Rage at 20%
Trigger 1: Turn 5 & Turn 10: Atk+ + Elem+ (180s)

As long as you don't let her use her normal Overdrive, she will probably not pose much of a threat.

Those with low damage output may need to wait out her buffs, as she turns very painful if you let her stacks a whole bunch of them. For those with medium damage output, due to the low requirements for Rage/Stun to happen, can consider slowing down until Rage Overdrive (0 damage). And those with high damage output can just wipe the floor with this thing.Friday, Light
Wave 1:
Al-mi raj, 700k, 2 turns, all 2500 damage
Satyr, 500k, 2 turns, all 800 damage + charm 5t
Zantman, 400k, 1 turn, all random buff + all random debuff
Kill priority: Bottom, middle, top

There is a huge list of variable things that can come out of Zantman's buffs and debuffs, but in general you don't want to gamble with it. Middle mob has a long debuff which can be annoying to deal with if it goes through. You will take extra damage from the next Wave if you're afflicted.

Wave 2:
Unicorn, 5m, 3 turns
Normal: all 2000 damage + 3 DoTs 3t (~500 each)
Rage: All 2500 damage + def down 10t (stacks)
Gauge behavior: Rage at 80%, Stun at 30%, does not free.
Trigger 1: Turns 1, 5, 10, 15: All 1000 damage, double damage if any ailments (happens during Stun too)

The normal Overdrive is the only bad one here really, but it's very hard to get hit by it - you need to be doing less than 250k total per turn to even see it! The Rage Overdrive def down doesn't seem to be strong, but the real problem comes from doubling the damage you take from the Trigger.Saturday, Dark
Wave 1:
Spriggan, 700k, 2 turns, all 1000 damage + all atk+ (+?%)
Boogeyman, 550k, 3 turns, random 2x 1500 damage + instant death 1t
Lycanthrope, 500k, 2 turns, random 4x 500 damage + all combo+ (stacks)
Kill priority: Middle, top, bottom

Unfortunately I was unable to get hit by Boogeyman's instant death, so I can't confirm whether it instantly triggers or if you have one turn to Cleanse it. Either way, best not risk it. Nothing else troublesome in the wave after all.

Wave 2:
Frankenstein, 4m, 3 turns
Normal: Random 2x 4000 damage
Rage: All 8000 damage
Gauge behavior: ??? (Trigger messes with this too much)
Trigger 1: Turns 3, 6 and 10: Increase Rage bar

You don't want to get hit by that Rage Overdrive! Unfortunately, avoiding it is quite difficult. While in Rage, the boss Trigger will increase the Rage meter, effectively making Rage last until death. If you can somehow manipulate her turns so that Trigger happens during Overdrive, it'll be a very easy fight. Otherwise... well, good luck!Boss in third Wave is the same in all, only the element changes:
Wave 3:
Andromalius, 7.5m, 5 turns
Overdrive (both): all 90k damage
Gauge behavior: Rage at 75%, Stun at 15%, does not free.

The normal and recommended way to do this boss is to bring a full burst bar from Wave2, unleash your skills to get boss to Rage, then use Provisional Forest and blow her up before she gets to use her Overdrive. This leaves you with five turns to deal ~2m damage and then you need to deal at least 4.5m Full Burst on turn 6 (start setting up PF from 4 at the latest). It's mostly just a damage check boss, strong of players can just PF and Full Burst her down on turn1.

If the damage check is impossible, then maybe you can try Gauge reductions. Belphegor can cut the required amount of Full Burst from ~4.5m to ~3.15m for example. Notice that I've tested -30% Gauge (like Belphegor) and Andromalius didn't free even with a sliver of HP left, so there shouldn't be a worry about getting hit by normal mode Overdrive. However, the only Gauge reduction available for everyone is from Soul Gilgamesh, which can reduce the required amount to ~3.6m. Unfortunately, this is difficult to use with PF - and PF is stronger so it takes priority. This is thus not an option for all players.

If that isn't doable either, then a final resort might then be to tank that insane Overdrive somehow. Notice that -50% Atk debuff will still leave 45k damage to your party. Consider -90% damage cut the very minimum to survive - this is not easy to accomplish, but can be doable for those lucky enough with specific Hime. Also, Joan's HP Relic weapon can get you to 60% alone already. But, using PF with Joan is rough, plus dealing decent damage without an offensive Relic is even rougher. Is the gained 4 turns going to save you with this route? Unlikely.

If you simply cannot beat Wave3, don't fret. Eventually, you'll be strong enough. AQ4 drops were buffed when AQ5 was released. AQ4 and AQ5 both guarantee 1 SSR. All that clearing AQ5 does is give you a chance of obtaining Ancient SSR Accessory, and Ancients have a fairly higher chance of being the good ones.

And to clarify things:
About damage: Numbers are with elemental advantage, no debuffs and no damage cuts. Many of them are written higher here than in the DMM wiki based on my own testings, AQ5 might've been slightly nerfed when AQ6/7 came out? I have tried to verify all numbers but if you take more damage than listed here, then it's non-tested on Nutaku and not my fault, mmmk?

About turn timers: This means the amount of bubbles. So 2 turns means that the actual Overdrive happens on turn 3.

About Gauge behavior: I have not done exact science here. Numbers are rough. Considering normal game mechanics, "does not free" will probably free if you just wait long enough.

Ikki
01-14-2019, 07:34 PM
Havent checked the info for any mistakes so ill just take your word for it, nice contribution, hopefully some guys use this to clear AQ5, they are pretty ez once you get the hang of it and you learn your own pace.

SlickFenix
01-14-2019, 07:52 PM
Or you can look at it here (https://kamihime-project.wikia.com/wiki/Quests/Accessory) as well.

We are working on keeping this up to date with current information only, and we work on proving all of the numbers instead of just taking DMM wiki translation (sure we use it as sort of a baseline to see if the numbers are correct or not).

Kastro
01-14-2019, 10:43 PM
andromalius seems to have a high DATA rate, it gives a good advantage for a dark team with berith when you do not have a team with elemental advantage.

Livyatan
01-15-2019, 03:09 AM
We are working on keeping this up to date with current information only, and we work on proving all of the numbers instead of just taking DMM wiki translation (sure we use it as sort of a baseline to see if the numbers are correct or not).

Thank You very much for updating Wikia! I really like to use it :)

Slashley
01-15-2019, 03:57 AM
Or you can look at it here (https://kamihime-project.wikia.com/wiki/Quests/Accessory) as well.

We are working on keeping this up to date with current information only, and we work on proving all of the numbers instead of just taking DMM wiki translation (sure we use it as sort of a baseline to see if the numbers are correct or not).Oh, I didn't know people update that.

It's clearly made based on DMM wiki as well, and the only glaring error there was Thunder Wave2's normal Overdrive. You might want to fix that into the wiki. Just remember to convert damage out from elemental advantage.

SlickFenix
01-15-2019, 06:59 AM
The person that ran that test hasn't gotten hit by the normal overdrive. And my team is too strong to test as well.... perhaps I can try with an alt account or something.

Slashley
01-15-2019, 07:04 AM
The person that ran that test hasn't gotten hit by the normal overdrive. And my team is too strong to test as well.... perhaps I can try with an alt account or something.Just tone your team down. I tested even the 20 turn thing just because I could.

... that team didn't fare well against Wave3, sure, but hey! SCIENCE.

SlickFenix
01-15-2019, 08:54 AM
That's why I'll run an alt. I can let it fail for science.

QXZ
01-15-2019, 07:56 PM
FYI - you can easily tank the boss with a kaiser + elemental RST from a hime/soul + DEF buff from hime/soul + 50% ATK debuff

also, Joan is not required for this, but she would obviously make this easily achievable.

Slashley
01-15-2019, 11:08 PM
FYI - you can easily tank the boss with a kaiser --Here is your problem #1. How many people have all six Kaisers?
+ elemental RST from a hime/soul--Problem #2. No Soul has elemental Resist buffs. So which Hime from Gem Gacha have this? Or how about SRs that have it for all elements?
+ DEF buff from hime/soul --Def buff does basically nothing against high numbers like these. Mind you, Def buffs don't add up to damage cuts. If you have 90% damage cut and 20% Def up, it's basically the same as 91% damage cut. Is that less damage taken than with 90% damage cut? Yes it is. But not by much, and probably won't be enough.

Def up is a pretty damn bad buff, honestly. I'll gladly take them in Accessories, but that's about it.
+ 50% ATK debuffYup, though getting to 50% might be a problem for some people. 40%ish is easily possible, though. But if we go with 90% damage cut again, 50% Atk debuff is the same as 95% damage cut.

All in all, rather than rely on elemental Resist buffs which are only on specific, few Hime, it's better to just stack damage cuts. But even those aren't THAT common to "easily tank" the boss if you ask me. Or would you like to explain exactly how one can easily achieve this?

SlickFenix
01-15-2019, 11:16 PM
All in all, rather than rely on elemental Resist buffs which are only on specific, few Hime, it's better to just stack damage cuts. But even those aren't THAT common to "easily tank" the boss if you ask me. Or would you like to explain exactly how one can easily achieve this?

Whale!! :cool:

Ikki
01-15-2019, 11:19 PM

It's just another option for those who have the tools for it, assuming no one has nothing is kinda dumb at this point, its an AQ5 thread after all.

Cobblemaniac
01-15-2019, 11:52 PM
Here is your problem #1. How many people have all six Kaisers?Problem #2. No Soul has elemental Resist buffs. So which Hime from Gem Gacha have this? Or how about SRs that have it for all elements?Def buff does basically nothing against high numbers like these. Mind you, Def buffs don't add up to damage cuts. If you have 90% damage cut and 20% Def up, it's basically the same as 91% damage cut. Is that less damage taken than with 90% damage cut? Yes it is. But not by much, and probably won't be enough.

Def up is a pretty damn bad buff, honestly. I'll gladly take them in Accessories, but that's about it.Yup, though getting to 50% might be a problem for some people. 40%ish is easily possible, though. But if we go with 90% damage cut again, 50% Atk debuff is the same as 95% damage cut.

Joan relic.

Which honestly is worth the regalia for most ppl in this forum.

Slashley
01-16-2019, 12:13 AM
It's just another option for those who have the tools for it, assuming no one has nothing is kinda dumb at this point, its an AQ5 thread after all.While true, the annoying thing about damage cuts is that more and more commonly it's on the Resist side of things. Which will only apply for for one element. You might get enough for one or two elements - but will you get a full set?
Joan relic.

Which honestly is worth the regalia for most ppl in this forum.If you need the Joan Soul weapon, then you're lacking in damage output. If you bring a HP Soul weapon, you're really not helping that problem. Even if you get yourself four more turns... will that be enough to make it?

Gludateton
01-16-2019, 01:11 AM
While true, the annoying thing about damage cuts is that more and more commonly it's on the Resist side of things. Which will only apply for for one element. You might get enough for one or two elements - but will you get a full set?
And why exactly it has to be either "kill Andro fast with all elements" or "defend from Andro overdrive with all elements" ? Different elements may require different tactics for some people, it's not required to have resist in all elements but in one when you need it.

If you need the Joan Soul weapon, then you're lacking in damage output. If you bring a HP Soul weapon, you're really not helping that problem. Even if you get yourself four more turns... will that be enough to make it?
Five.
Also while I do agree that just killing Andro fast is easiest strategy for most people, different ones can work too.
Like for example:
1. Joan + Snow Raphy. 90% damage cut against all with 6T cd, add damage cut eido for nice 100% damage cut and you defended from overdrive once however many times you like if Raphy hits with orb eat.
2. Joan + Athena. 100% damage cut against water with 6T cd, you need to add BP to get it done more than once.
3. Joan + Raiko. 90% damage cut against all with 6T cd, need additional 10% and BP.
4. Joan + Gaia. 100% damage cut (with AW you don't even need Soul weapon against thunder), need BP to work more than once.
5. Joan + Bryamaterasu SR Konohana-Sakuya. 90% damage cut against wind with 6T cd, need additional 10% and BP.
There are probably more, those are the ones that I remember.
You can also go with other options of course, those are the ones with Joan. Hell, you can always go full retard mode and ask friend for 20%+ cut eido and get one for yourself, you'll have 100% damage cut with only Joan ! With epic damage like this you'll probably have problems getting to stage 3 though.

Slashley
01-16-2019, 01:19 AM
And why exactly it has to be either "kill Andro fast with all elements" or "defend from Andro overdrive with all elements" ? Different elements may require different tactics for some people, it's not required to have resist in all elements but in one when you need it.True enough.
Like for example:
1. Joan + Snow Raphy. 90% damage cut against all with 6T cd, add damage cut eido for nice 100% damage cut and you defended from overdrive once however many times you like if Raphy hits with orb eat.
2. Joan + Athena. 100% damage cut against water with 6T cd, you need to add BP to get it done more than once.
3. Joan + Raiko. 90% damage cut against all with 6T cd, need additional 10% add BP.
4. Joan + Gaia. 100% damage cut (with AW you don't even need Soul weapon against thunder), need BP to work more than once.
5. Joan + Bryamaterasu SR Konohana-Sakuya. 90% damage cut against wind with 6T cd, need additional 10% and BP.
There are probably more, those are the ones that I remember.And again, very specific Hime. Sure it's doable with any of these, but a multitude of these are specific SSRs. Heck, all of them are specific SSRs except for the specific SR which is limited time only.
You can also go with other options of course, those are the ones with Joan. Hell, you can always go full retard mode and ask friend for 20%+ cut eido and get one for yourself, you'll have 100% damage cut with only Joan ! With epic damage like this you'll probably have problems getting to stage 3 though.Uuuh, Eidolons are -10% each, so the maximum you can reach is -80% with Joan's defensive Soul weapon. Which with 50% Atk Down will still leave 9k-ish party-wide damage. While certainly survivalable for us, anyone who'd need a defensive tactic is very unlikely to have 10k+ max HP.

Gludateton
01-16-2019, 02:07 AM
And again, very specific Hime. Sure it's doable with any of these, but a multitude of these are specific SSRs.
Heck, all of them are specific SSRs except for the specific SR which is limited time only.
Well... yeah ? I was not trying to say that everyone and their mother can do Andro with free R team ageinst disadvantageous element. But Snow Raphy + Jack Frost can open possibility of eating overdrives however much you want, while they often won't be enough to delete Andro in 6-8T.
And damn, are you doing AQ5 with full SRs teams (not saying it's impossible, been there done that) that you are negating one style of play because it requires specific hime ?

Uuuh, Eidolons are -10% each, so the maximum you can reach is -80% with Joan's defensive Soul weapon. Which with 50% Atk Down will still leave 9k-ish party-wide damage. While certainly survivalable for us, anyone who'd need a defensive tactic is very unlikely to have 10k+ max HP.
Actually the most cut you can find on eidolon is 25% (I don't think there's more, but I may overlooked something), but they have some cost of aquiring them (and only 3 elements get them). 20% eidos are ez pz to get (but there's none for dark cut). They both have no damage effects though, so you are looking at whooping 0% Ele/Char ATK from eidos if you'll equip both, you have to be pretty mad to actually go for that. But equipping one 20%/25% and 100% Ele eido is actually viable tactic, which is probably better than equipping two 40%/10% cut eidolons.

Unregistered
01-16-2019, 02:38 AM
different ones can work too.

snip

Don't forget the free 10% corresponding passive element resist from Jack, Amphisbeana, Barong, Amalthea and the upcoming Medjed :3

Slashley
01-16-2019, 03:18 AM
--
And damn, are you doing AQ5 with full SRs teams (not saying it's impossible, been there done that) that you are negating one style of play because it requires specific hime ?Fun fact: while testing things on-element just so that I wouldn't need to pull out a calculator for all the damage numbers, I found out that my garbage Light team (with full slvl20 Grid, 114% Assault when calculating 2x SSR Prides as 0% base, using Managarm)... can't handle Wave3. We're talking PF Full Burst (couldn't even reach Rage before this, since team relies so heavily on Herc's burst effect for Def Down), getting wiped, Elixir, Full Burst (CDs not lining up for another PF in time) and still not enough, second wipe. AQ5 damage requirement is no joke, and is the first content that I find you simply cannot clear just because of an okay Grid. While it is outdated by modern Light standards (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyVXB-Lz_SI) (the only difference from this video is that Forseti was replaced by Light Amaterasu to allow PF), all it's really lacking is base Atk (and 10% Elemental from slvl10 Axe) and tons of HP. And no amount of HP will save you there.

It wasn't far off though, and if I had Frey leveled up she could've easily handled it. Hell, she could probably solo the goddamn Rage bar...

So yeah, just because you buy a few turns with Joan, what exactly are you going to accomplish?
And, it's not like I ever said it's impossible to tank it. I did say that "but can be doable for those lucky enough with specific Hime"
But luck of the draw - such as pulling someone like Poseidon who lets you tank Wave3 with Joan (Fire only) or Frey who can murder the Rage bar - is not reliable.

While it is also not reliable that you have one element that can do any AQ5, it's far more likely that players can be expected to have at least one such team. Either because they rerolled into a P2W Eidolon, and/or because they've pulled/MT'd some ridiculous hard carries like Uriel, who can probably solo even Water AQ5 Rage bar.
Actually the most cut you can find on eidolon is 25% (I don't think there's more, but I may overlooked something), but they have some cost of aquiring them (and only 3 elements get them). 20% eidos are ez pz to get (but there's none for dark cut). They both have no damage effects though, so you are looking at whooping 0% Ele/Char ATK from eidos if you'll equip both, you have to be pretty mad to actually go for that. But equipping one 20%/25% and 100% Ele eido is actually viable tactic, which is probably better than equipping two 40%/10% cut eidolons.What are these? I don't know about them, but those aren't here today and won't be for the next seven months or so, I'd guess?

Gludateton
01-16-2019, 03:43 AM
That's the thing though: that little Joan with some help may allow you to clear Andromalius. For example you can have Snow Raph and SSR Nike. Herc with PF may or may not be enough to kill Andromalius fast, but with Triton and SSR Nike on board you can stall quite a long time (get combo rate down as extra and Andro is not that dangerous aside from overdrive. Just as I've said: for most people stunning Andro before overdrive is the easiest strategy, but for some Joan with flag may actually allow doing AQ5 at all.

What are these? I don't know about them, but those aren't here today and won't be for the next seven months or so, I'd guess?
You couldn't be more wrong, most of them are there since beginning. Let me introduce you: Gandharva, Surtr, Aji-Dahaka, Minotaur, Succubus, Siren, Naga, Wood Nymph, Dryad, Gremlin, Slime (I may have forgotten about someone, sorry about that).

Cobblemaniac
01-16-2019, 05:02 AM
Me recommending Joan is looking more at general use than it is solely for AQ5.

After all, our monster content is coming in pretty soon.

Slashley
01-16-2019, 07:28 AM
--
You couldn't be more wrong, most of them are there since beginning. Let me introduce you: Gandharva, Surtr, Aji-Dahaka, Minotaur, Succubus, Siren, Naga, Wood Nymph, Dryad, Gremlin, Slime (I may have forgotten about someone, sorry about that).... oh christ. Yeah, sure, those exist. It's difficult to see anyone using them, but sure.
Me recommending Joan is looking more at general use than it is solely for AQ5.

After all, our monster content is coming in pretty soon.Such as?

Joan certainly has her uses, as she allows you to skip content mechanics once per fight usually. But that leaves you with other problems - actually making use out of the extra time you gained. That extra time is usually only one or two turns more. So having a team which:
1. Can't skip the mechanics of the fight with pure damage output
2. Can run Joan with her reduced damage output, and still have enough damage to clear with the extra turns you gained

It is possible, but that's a really narrow window. I suppose to existence of Triggers makes Joan more than "survive one extra Overdrive" since threats in a fight can happen outside of Overdrives now.

Ikki
01-16-2019, 07:41 AM
Such as?

Joan certainly has her uses, as she allows you to skip content mechanics once per fight usually. But that leaves you with other problems - actually making use out of the extra time you gained. That extra time is usually only one or two turns more. So having a team which:
1. Can't skip the mechanics of the fight with pure damage output
2. Can run Joan with her reduced damage output, and still have enough damage to clear with the extra turns you gained

It is possible, but that's a really narrow window. I suppose to existence of Triggers makes Joan more than "survive one extra Overdrive" since threats in a fight can happen outside of Overdrives now.

He means Hrags, probably the non nerfed versions, skipping things with a single FB is only doable for current content (content that its meme'd atm for most veterans anyways).

Slashley
01-16-2019, 07:44 AM
... what's Joan going to there? I was under the impression that you either go full retard with your damage output and expect heals from weaker Raid members, or you go full support and use Andromeda to heal the damage dealers.

I guess stacking Joans means that you can entirely ignore all damage taken, which would probably be more efficient than Andromeda healing.

Also, how did the Ragnarok Disasters get nerfed?

VeryVoodoo
01-16-2019, 10:24 AM
AQ5 damage requirement is no joke, and is the first content that I find you simply cannot clear just because of an okay Grid. While it is outdated by modern Light standards (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyVXB-Lz_SI) (the only difference from this video is that Forseti was replaced by Light Amaterasu to allow PF), all it's really lacking is base Atk (and 10% Elemental from slvl10 Axe) and tons of HP. And no amount of HP will save you there.

I checked to see what was considered an "okay" grid. Confused as to what you're referencing to when relating it as okay though. If it's for a newer player, sure. Or before FLBs came out, could be considered an okay grid back then, sure. But AQ5s did come out after FLBs came out after all. And for vet standards currently, I would not consider that as an "okay" grid when there isn't a single FLB in it. I mean that grid has gotten 5 free FLBs right now at the very least (6 or more for those that were there even earlier I guess).

For people that keep up with FLBs in terms of updating grids and all that, AQ5s seem like pretty trivial content. But ye, if ppl are still rocking SR disaster wpns, then I could see how they might be struggling to reach damage checks. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gludateton
01-16-2019, 10:39 AM
... oh christ. Yeah, sure, those exist. It's difficult to see anyone using them, but sure.Such as?
I used Minotaur at one floor at tower. My union mate (same one that actually told me about whole strategy) used wind cut eido against wind present rag when he didn't have enough power to finish it other way (or so he has said). One uses things that work best in some situation, as popular saying goes: "if something looks stupid but works, it ain't stupid".

That narrow window is the whole point here. Nobody argues here that some strategy is best for everyone and anyone in all situations. Existence of that narrow window should remind you that there exist Souls other than Hercules and Shingen.

Dejnov
01-16-2019, 11:38 AM
The Wiki mentions that Element RSTdown stacks with Damage takendown. The discussion I'm seeing here seems to indicate that they don't stack and you'd actually need the less standard Element damagedown to additively stack. Is this right? The Kaiser Dragoon with Joan can't actually reduce the damage to zero?

Dejnov.

Gludateton
01-16-2019, 11:52 AM
Yes it does stack. So for example if you have Joan with her HP Soul weapon and 2 LB Kaiser, it will reduce damage by 100%.
Refer to this post by Slashley: https://harem-battle.club/kamihime-project/2974-kamihime-discussion-821.html#post137626
Also for point 4. you can stack eidolons' elemental resistance with Kamihime elemental resistance.

Slashley
01-16-2019, 01:38 PM
I checked to see what was considered an "okay" grid. Confused as to what you're referencing to when relating it as okay though. If it's for a newer player, sure. Or before FLBs came out, could be considered an okay grid back then, sure. But AQ5s did come out after FLBs came out after all. And for vet standards currently, I would not consider that as an "okay" grid when there isn't a single FLB in it. I mean that grid has gotten 5 free FLBs right now at the very least (6 or more for those that were there even earlier I guess). As I said, it's outdated. I didn't play for four months. And means that I missed out on... three months of GO? I haven't even completed a single loop yet. I am horrendously Ori starved, and only my Thunder Grid is properly FLBd.

So, if not having FLBs disqualifies one from an okay Grid, where DOES the "okay Grid" start at? And how exactly is a new player supposed to get their hands on this "okay Grid?" In other words, how many months does it take to get even a single element to this starting point? Again as I said, this is the first content I've come across that you can't clear even though you completed your Grid. Well, I guess Tower15F would also fall under that category.
I used Minotaur at one floor at tower. My union mate (same one that actually told me about whole strategy) used wind cut eido against wind present rag when he didn't have enough power to finish it other way (or so he has said). One uses things that work best in some situation, as popular saying goes: "if something looks stupid but works, it ain't stupid".And people criticized me for taking a base damage loss from Vine, and now we're having people using Rs as main Eidolons...

But yeah, it's true that those are quite powerful.
That narrow window is the whole point here. Nobody argues here that some strategy is best for everyone and anyone in all situations. Existence of that narrow window should remind you that there exist Souls other than Hercules and Shingen.There are, like Dartagnan for Thunder with her defensive Soul weapon and Morgan for Wind memes!

But yeah, for a newer player, typically the Soul progression on with what you can clear content with, it goes Mordred -> Joan (BP) -> Hercules/Shingen brute-forcing it. This doesn't directly apply to AQ5 because Wave3 is a very unusual boss on Kamihime standards, though.
The Wiki mentions that Element RSTdown stacks with Damage takendown. The discussion I'm seeing here seems to indicate that they don't stack and you'd actually need the less standard Element damagedown to additively stack. Is this right? The Kaiser Dragoon with Joan can't actually reduce the damage to zero?As Glud pointed out, but I should probably clean up that post into a single infodump. What stacks in damage cuts:
1. As many normal damage cuts as you want (Joan, Raiko, Snow Raph, Perun, etc.)
2. One Reflect (AoE Reflect is really rare, but some Hime and Souls have them for self, such as Herc)
3. One Hime Elemental Resistance buff (Poseidon, Awakened Gaia, etc.)
4. One Eidolon Elemental Resistance buff (mostly only in SR Kaisers 15%, MLB(?) SR Kaisers 20%, SSR Kaisers 30%)
5. Up to two main Eidolon effects (available in -10% in SSR Eidolons (with 40% Elemental Atk attached) or up to -25% in Rs (with zero offensive power attached)

So uh, why is this not the English wiki since we seem to have one these days? Needed to dig up info from the DMM wiki (http://神姫プロジェクト.攻略wiki.com/index.php?%E3%83%90%E3%83%95%E3%83%BB%E3%83%87%E3% 83%90%E3%83%95%E5%8A%B9%E6%9E%9C#r1f8293e) still.

Cobblemaniac
01-16-2019, 08:00 PM
... what's Joan going to there? I was under the impression that you either go full retard with your damage output and expect heals from weaker Raid members, or you go full support and use Andromeda to heal the damage dealers.

I guess stacking Joans means that you can entirely ignore all damage taken, which would probably be more efficient than Andromeda healing.

Also, how did the Ragnarok Disasters get nerfed?

Indeed. I speak from a perspective where you do not have the himes/ grids to dish out retarded damage, and therefore you relegate your role to supporting those that actually have that damage output. A healthy raid should have a balance of dedicated dps, Andros and Joans after all, unless you have a spacewhale or 2 on hand.

Putting it into perspective, having Andros only wouldn't matter if you receive enough damage. Instead of taking 8k dmg and healing like 2k, you might as well mitigate 60% of it for better overall effect.

Unregistered
01-25-2019, 12:02 PM
Before AQ5, SSR accessories for the teams I was running (water and thunder) were so hard to get that i kept all of them, and leveled them to a point. I got a few to lvl 50, but a bunch are sitting somewhere between lvls 30-45.

Now I've expanded a bit and have fire and wind teams, and will probably want to add dark and light at some point. The thing is, it's hard to max more than 1 accessory per week, so It's going to take forever to get my teams full sets of maxed accessories, especially with the slot expansion coming soon. I'm thinking I should keep some of those bad mod high level accessories, just for the stats, since I put so much into leveling them, and it's not too much further to max them.

What I want to do is set a line of demarcation, so that accessories over a certain level are keepers, and ons lower than that can be used as fodder. The question is, where to set the line? I'm thinking somewhere between 35-40. So maybe 38? Is that reasonable, or too high/low?

Slashley
01-25-2019, 01:12 PM
It sounds like you're leveling them bit by bit. Are you made out of Gems? I level SSRs in two parts, ~6600 exp each. That's about level 37-39 depending.

Anyway, the only thing that really matters is that you have 3x Tiaras on whatever character has all five slots open. Nothing else comes even close to being important. Personally I wouldn't level up Accessories that don't have at least two useful Enigmas though.