PDA

View Full Version : Girl Garrison

Keyen
02-10-2019, 10:52 AM
New TD in Soft Release on Nutaku:
https://www.nutaku.net/games/girls-garrison/

I played this since Wednesday, I have to say it's pretty good. It's """"hugely inspired""""" by Kingdom Rush (Origins in particular), but somehow has several differences making it more enjoyable, even from a gameplay PoV.

Every girl is farmable (and quickly enough, I think I will have all of them by the end of February), the game doesn't throw insurmontable walls at you which require you to pay (and to be honest, paying won't help you much). You require strategy and proper timing.

Few pieces of advice:
-The standard combo is cannon + guards tower. Archers and Mages have their uses, however, it's rather specific. You want cannon + guards as most as possible. Compared to KR, there is a LOT more units in a the same time. You need AOE badly.
-Focus on few upgraded towers instead of many lvl 1. The left upgrade of the cannon is the one I use the most, very all rounded and effective.
-Get 54* as quick as possible, you get a very strong character out of it. You can get easy star by doing elite/hell of the earlier levels.

unknown68
02-12-2019, 07:23 AM
So correct me if I'm wrong, but this sounds kind of like a western Millenium War Aegis? Granted, I never played Aegis, I just knew it was a tower defense. As long as Super Hippo has nothing to do with the game, I might be interested in trying it.

SeraSera
02-12-2019, 08:26 AM
Besides being a tower defense game its nothing like Aigis.

The op mentioned it being inspired by Kingdom Rush: Origins and that is true. They literally copied that game (all the numbers and upgrades from the towers are the same) and added some small stuff to it.

Basically you have 4 tower types that can be upgraded (into 2 variants each eventually) compared to Aigis where every single girl you got was a tower you could place on the map.

Oh well, its not a bad game. They game they copied is fun after all. Aigis was so much better though... (still bitter about its closure).

The current version is pretty fair. You can farm the current roster of heroes through missions (very slowly) and there isn't anything too much pay to win. You can get everything so far just through grinding.

How they'll do events is the question. Games on Nutaku have a habit of ruining the games through stupid event designs so I'm a bit pessimistic.

Keyen
02-12-2019, 09:03 AM
They copied KRO for the towers, however, due to the fact there is much more enemies massed, the metagame is clearly different (for the better or worst, cannons are king and witch/archer are much less wanted). And they said they were going to balance it a bit better, so I believe that the "pure copy" will be a temporary state.

Unregistered
02-13-2019, 01:11 AM
How do I access?

unknown68
02-13-2019, 07:18 AM
How do I access?
It's in soft launch, so you'll probably need to either live in the right country or use VPN.

SeraSera
02-13-2019, 06:35 PM
I managed to clear every stage with 3 stars that allows guard towers. I've no idea how to do the stages that forbid them, cannon dps is just too low. -_-

Oh well, curious about how they'll change the balance for release.

PowerCast
02-15-2019, 12:30 PM
Holy huge price increases batman...

So an update yesterday.... now the third party slot costs 1000 diamonds. Upgrading hero skills now costs shards instead of gold, and the gold cost of promoting heroes looks to have drastically increased except no shards needed.

Keyen
02-15-2019, 02:51 PM
I would say that in average, the characters change are a plus for the player.
-Gold costs were increasing incredibly quickly for skills (it was over 38K for lvl 7), while the shard price doesn't increase as quickly (60 for the last level). Also, if you get shards on the side, you can actually spend them, unlike before, where you were so restrained by golds you didn't use them.
-You have much more runs to get shards (5 runs at 40% instead of 2)
-Shards drop in hero mode as well (10 runs at 16% chance instead of 0)
-So, basically, if you focus on one character, before, you have 2 chances at 40% for an average of 0,8shards per day, now you can spend up to 200 stamina to get an average of 3.6 shards per day.
-The money was a real bottleneck, and now, it's only required for three things, tower upgrades, star upgrades (not really required much since the bonus are currently quite small), and money gacha (which can also gives shards). We will be able to throw money at the money gacha much more often for mats, skip tickets and things like that.

However, yes, I agree with you on the fact that the 2nd and 3rd slots have to be paid is quite a wrong decision. However, I have to say to the game credit that it gives a huge amount of gems (enough to unlock the 2nd and 3rd slot) while still allowing you to get everyone, and get them quickly. I have already everyone unlocked. I still don't think it's P2W, unlike most games on Nutaku.

SeraSera
02-15-2019, 03:28 PM
Does the game still give those free crystals though?

Maybe I'm wrong but the star chests don't give crystals anymore for me but potions instead.

Also a 40% of getting a hero shard is only on hell mode and good luck beating hell mode if you don't have any of the good heroes unlocked already since they also made the later levels harder. You also need 40 shards now instead of 20 to unlock.

Since you also now need plenty of shards to upgrade hero skills to make them good they've massively increased the time to clear the harder levels on hell mode.

I don't really see much good things for the player. Especially for somebody that doesn't already have everything unlocked you're looking at much much more grinding.

Keyen
02-15-2019, 10:38 PM
The 40 shards requirement in a mistake, it will change back to 20. While I agree that the hell mode of later levels is significantly harder, you can still get them (and not specifically at a much lower rate) in hero mode.

And once you are done with the levels, you shouldn't replay them manually, you are swimming in skip tickets if you roll the money gacha a few times.

Edit: Yes, there is still gems in the star chests.

SeraSera
02-16-2019, 11:37 AM
Edit: Yes, there is still gems in the star chests.

But how many now? See patch notes:

Changelog V 1.0.0 (Feb 15, 2019)
- Star Chest contents have been revised

Also once you're done with levels farming is easy I agree. Good luck getting the levels done with a new account after the patch though.

Keyen
02-16-2019, 04:26 PM
But how many now? See patch notes:

Changelog V 1.0.0 (Feb 15, 2019)
- Star Chest contents have been revised

You still get 25 + 50 + 100 for hero mode, 50+100+150 for hell mode. I can certify that the 36* chest still give 50 gems, the 45* gives 80 gems. I can't check for sure, but I do believe that the chests between 90 and 109* also gives gems. That's at the very least enough for the second slot.

Unregistered
02-18-2019, 07:40 PM
cannon towers are ridiculously op due to consistent aoe

other towers need a huge damage buff to be of ANY use (i only rarely use sniper tower because of high range and 2x damage debuff; mage towers=utterly useless)

Keyen
02-19-2019, 02:01 PM
Globally released right now. However, the devs took a lot of wrong decisions these past days, not sure about this game anymore :/

Unregistered
02-19-2019, 06:10 PM
Ok, this is puzzling me.

The tutorial showed me that I can asign more than 1 hero in a party, and I had 2 slots available, but after entering the 3rd stage I only had 1 hero,and the slot that was previously open, now it has a nutaku glod price. What the hell game? why did you make me add another hero to the party if I still have to use a single one everytime?

Unregistered
02-19-2019, 06:20 PM
I noticed this too apparently in soft launch you could buy the slots with diamonds and in full launch they removed that because everyone else can go fuck themselves. Essentially everyone that wasn't in the soft launch got horrible shafted and is permanently screwed.

Unregistered
02-19-2019, 06:51 PM
Essentially everyone that wasn't in the soft launch got horrible shafted and is permanently screwed.

Not even the ones that preregistered? Man, what a letdown.

Unregistered
02-19-2019, 07:02 PM
lol they changed the 1k diamond price for third slot to 650 nutaku gold? they can as well go fuck off.

DrunkMonkGar
02-19-2019, 08:00 PM
Horrible business practices aside, what is the counter to warrior nymphs? They seem to instantly kill blockers as a passive and cannons did next to no damage.

Astasia
02-19-2019, 10:46 PM
Ya, went through the tutorial stuff, got my second character and it showed me how to add it to a party slot, did a map with 2 party members. Instantly after that second slot is locked and requires 100 nutaku gold to get back. Hard pass.

Taking a random successful phone app, making an exact clone of it, adding boobs, then introducing some extra paywalls, should be criminal.

unknown68
02-20-2019, 07:22 AM
Did they even have a preregistration? I had looked on Nutaku back during soft launch but couldn't find it. In any case, looks like it will be another skip. Anything that tries to pull a Sengoku Providence by forcing p2w on players immediately is something I'm not touching with a ten foot pole.

brothersome02
02-20-2019, 07:39 AM
They had a preregistration, but I don't think it lasted long, and I don't even remember the rewards for it, heck, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there was any.

Yamemai
02-20-2019, 08:07 AM
The fudge; how come the timer for resources increase instead of decrease? And dang, wtf is wrong with them, shafting us like that. I shoulda used VPN orz. When I read the first page, it seemed great and all, but now? Seriously?

Also wish they made the purchasing easier, should have been a square instead of line, imo.

Edit: Is it just me, or did the difficulty spike abruptly? What's w/ those 1~5k HP units.

Keyen
02-20-2019, 11:04 AM
Yep, this story of character slot was really, really dumb. It categorize the game as a P2W (and it's not wrong, the slots are truly important), while the rest of the game is incredibly fair (all characters available, few advantages to whale...).

brothersome02
02-20-2019, 11:55 PM
That's the sad part, the game seems decent and the free gachas makes it fair, it's just the "hey let's do something in the tutorial that you will never do because you are a broke pos", the shady soft launch and the glitches like the timer for resources going up instead of down that can make this game dead on arrival.

I think the slot problem can be solved by making the 2nd slot locked by diamonds and the third slot locked by nutaku gold. Just not price it 650 gold tho.

Keyen
02-21-2019, 11:17 AM
The timer for ressources going up is actually hugely advantaging the player. It's giving twice the ressources.

Unregistered
02-21-2019, 05:05 PM
They increased the difficulty of the maps since soft launch. So not only did they take hero slots away from f2p players they also made it impossible to 3 star maps and progress through getting materials,hero shards, etc. It doesn't matter to soft launch players since they got the easy maps and have already 3 starred all of them and can just sweep them. Events will use soft launch players as a base for difficulty that are way stronger then new players so don't expect to be able to participate in them either. This game was literally killed on day one of global launch it's hilarious.

Unregistered
02-21-2019, 09:11 PM
The timer for ressources going up is actually hugely advantaging the player. It's giving twice the ressources.

I doubt that, as for me it took 3 hours for me to get that purple thing for letters. I had 1, and it was going to be completed in around 1 minute, so I thought to use the first one and wait for the 2nd, but instead of being given the 2nd, the timer started ticking up instead. I logged on later, probably an hour, and it was ticking down instead, w/o giving me any of the purple stuff, so I've waited 2 hours and gotten nothing, and need to wait 1 more hour to get it.

Unregistered
02-21-2019, 09:15 PM
I doubt that, as for me it took 3 hours for me to get that purple thing for letters. I had 1, and it was going to be completed in around 1 minute, so I thought to use the first one and wait for the 2nd, but instead of being given the 2nd, the timer started ticking up instead. I logged on later, probably an hour, and it was ticking down instead, w/o giving me any of the purple stuff, so I've waited 2 hours and gotten nothing, and need to wait 1 more hour to get it.

Edit:.... So I waited for the timer to run out again, and instead of being given the resource, it just started ticking up after reaching 0:00, so yeah, think that's the cause of the 'bug/glitch'.

Keyen
02-22-2019, 06:10 AM
You can doubt that, but since I can see the bug at work since nearly two weeks, I can tell you that it hugely advantages the player.

For instance, let's say you sleep at midnight with 0 stamina. You wake up at 7:00 AM, you should have 84 stamina. You open the game, you indeed have 84 stamina. However, the clock is at 7:00:00 and goes up. If you quickly spend 80 stamina (4x sweep hell run, for instance), you are at 4 stamina. After 20-30 sec since the log on, the clock goes back to 5 min and going down, but you get another 84 stamina, meaning you are now at 89 stamina/100 with 4 hell runs down. In 7 hours, you got 168 stamina.

SeraSera
02-22-2019, 07:19 AM
Well their first event is in, killing the mushrooms (or Dilbooms as they call it).

20k Dilboom for max rewards in 2 days and a bit.

Normal Crystalized Lake has 187 of them.

so 20k/187 = 106 runs at 5 energy each -> 535 energy in total. That's a bit more then 44 hours of energy regen. So it's doable, although quite grindy.

Also they fixed the amount of shards you need for a hero summon back to 20 shards.

unknown68
02-22-2019, 07:23 AM
Does the game have a Discord or something? I'm curious to see if the devs have responded to the second hero slot extortion. If a Discord exists, I can't believe that no one has bitched about it there.

SeraSera
02-22-2019, 07:46 AM
https: // discord.gg/YrAr6pm

Here you go.

I think people bitched about it but dunno what the devs reactions where.

SeraSera
02-22-2019, 08:04 AM
Aaaand the event got cancelled.

It didn't save the progress properly so the Dilboom event went Boom itself.

Oh well, whoever thought putting dynamite in dildos was mad anyway.

Unregistered
02-23-2019, 12:56 AM
The ones that have all the heroes unlocked, can you recommend the good ones?

I'm using Epione(lvl13) bc she was the one that i upgraded early game, but now i unlocked morgan and tomoe.

I only have one party slot, not sure if all the heroes can hit flying units.

They should allow to preview the heroes, so we can see stats/skills.

Keyen
02-23-2019, 01:19 AM
If you can use only one, then tomoe all the way. Focus only on her passive ability, not her power.

Alamand
02-23-2019, 08:15 AM
I don't have a bunch of them unlocked, but Athena from the 9 star offer is pretty good. She's really tanky so she can help hold back some of the more annoying bosses, and both her passive and active skills deal good aoe damage.

She does cost 400 gems, but it's not too hard to get that between the ones you start with, some from the early star chests, and just burning some energy on the first stage heroic and hell modes for the missions to get the gems.

The only real downside is her mediocre dps outside of her skills and the fact that you'll need to farm mission 16 to get more shards to level her skills.

Unregistered
02-23-2019, 03:17 PM
Thx for the tips, i will go for tomoe since i already have her unlocked

PowerCast
02-23-2019, 04:59 PM
I was enjoying this game for a few days, just before it went from soft launch to live, even spent a couple of bucks on the new player deal. But these new changes with launch, real money for extra hero slots, crazy difficulty jumps. Kinda sucks, game isn't for me anymore, wish I could refund that purchase just a couple days before the new stuff.

Unregistered
02-24-2019, 03:38 PM
How did you guys beat lvl16? I can't figure it out.

brothersome02
02-25-2019, 12:38 AM
Just now got my preregistration reward... gems, epione and artemis shards and 10 large exp flasks.

Weird how they took this long to deliver. Since I forgot if this game had prereg rewards I though it didn't had any.

DrunkMonkGar
02-25-2019, 06:54 AM
The dilboom event is back, sort of. The button comes and goes, but it seems to be tracking kills correctly.

Unregistered
02-25-2019, 09:14 AM
Wich level do they spawn on? Currently at lvl 6

SeraSera
02-25-2019, 10:22 AM
Wich level do they spawn on? Currently at lvl 6

The highest amount of them is at lvl 9 though you get them at lvl 7 or 8 iirc.

Unregistered
02-25-2019, 06:10 PM
I'm pretty sure that lvl9 is giving the same amount of points no matter the difficulty, if anyone else can test this out, i'm out of stamina.

DrunkMonkGar
02-25-2019, 06:43 PM
I take it back, the event isn't counting kills correctly since it wiped my progress from this morning.

SeraSera
02-27-2019, 10:42 AM
They've released endless mode for the stages.

After beating a stage you can do endless mode for no energy cost (although no rewards atm either).

In endless mode after you beat each set of wave (the number next to the skull) it starts again with 2x the HP of the monsters.

Kills in endless mode are counted for the current Dilboom event so doing that got very easy. They also lowered the required amount to 15k.

Unregistered
02-28-2019, 01:08 AM
They've released endless mode for the stages.

After beating a stage you can do endless mode for no energy cost (although no rewards atm either).

In endless mode after you beat each set of wave (the number next to the skull) it starts again with 2x the HP of the monsters.

Kills in endless mode are counted for the current Dilboom event so doing that got very easy. They also lowered the required amount to 15k.

Didn't realized that was a possibility, i can't look at that map right now.

The rewards for the even was a little weak too.

SeraSera
03-01-2019, 06:43 AM
Changelog V 1.0.6 (Mar 1, 2019)
Add:
1. Add Endless Mode Event
2. Add 4x speed in battle
3. Add page Up& Page Down button in level map

Changes:
1. Change description in Academy system
2. Change the slots into gems: 700 for 2nd slot and 1000 for 3rd slot.
3. Not showing the 3rd slot price unless player unlock the 2nd slot.
4. Reduce 5 seconds waiting time during each turn in endless mode

Fix Bugs:
1. Can't see my current rank on Endlessboard
2. Wrong resource data at the end of month(9999999 coins and gems)

Well, they fixed it: 2. Change the slots into gems: 700 for 2nd slot and 1000 for 3rd slot.

Gotta say well done to them. You can currently get everything as a free player. Guess my pessimism was wrong in the end. :angel:

brothersome02
03-01-2019, 08:20 AM
2. Change the slots into gems: 700 for 2nd slot and 1000 for 3rd slot.

They took their time, but still, nice on them to reroll something that few player had access before.

New event. Endless challenge: get high scores on levels 4, 6 and 10.

unknown68
03-01-2019, 02:05 PM
While it's encouraging that they reverted that change, I'm still wary of the dev team for implementing it in the first place. I'll check it out and maybe try the game it it's art is okay, but it's definitely not a priority.

RIP anyone who actually bought the slots though. Hopefully they were at least compensated in gems.

lolix
03-01-2019, 04:01 PM
so i've just picked this up. it's good to see nutaku picking some games with....you know actual gameplay in them. It doesn't seem better then aigis yet , but still , its a hell lot better then most other nutaku games

Unregistered
03-04-2019, 10:04 AM
Endless 4 is insane, was able to get to 500 range, but that's about it

Unregistered
03-04-2019, 09:13 PM
How do we actually get new heroes? I know how to upgrade the number of hero slots during battle, but I only have the two heroes and the Epic summon keeps giving me puzzle pieces to heroes that I don't even have. If I get enough puzzle pieces will the hero join me, or are the pieces just like xp for heroes?

DrunkMonkGar
03-05-2019, 12:20 AM
Yeah, once you collect enough shards the counter under the character will change to 'summon'.

lolix
03-09-2019, 10:45 PM
question : does the level on which you upgrade your heroines's star level matters ? I can see that each upgrade increases their stats by 10%. Does it increases the current hp/dmg , or it;;s just a general increase ? If its the first situation , it would require you leveling up your characters to max level first , unless you want to lose stats. So anyone knows how it works ?

UFVKNP
03-13-2019, 01:08 PM
Anyone having trouble getting the game started lately? I get stuck on the loading screen, like, a lot. Just me?

Unregistered
03-17-2019, 12:07 AM
This fucking events, they sould at least give us the info on which leves the bosses are.

Unregistered
03-22-2019, 04:56 AM
New event, kill stone titans, doesnt say what stone titans are or where to find them. Every event it's the same shit, devs are fucking retarded.

Unregistered
03-25-2019, 05:32 PM
New event, kill stone titans, doesnt say what stone titans are or where to find them. Every event it's the same shit, devs are fucking retarded.

level 14, 15 and 16

Although it doesn't matter as the event doesn't even keep track of kills. It resets to 0 everyday

Unregistered
04-03-2019, 10:33 PM
I find the walls to be Hero mode of stage 6 (where you get so many critical supplies) and hell mode on stage 4 forward (which prevent you from getting the stars you need) ... never have I seen such a difficulty cliff like this .... very poor game design ..../.

Unregistered
04-18-2019, 07:43 PM
I am trying to collect shards for Tomoe. Anyone know what level I can get her shards from and what mode? Is it hero mode? Thanks.

SeraSera
04-19-2019, 01:10 PM
I am trying to collect shards for Tomoe. Anyone know what level I can get her shards from and what mode? Is it hero mode? Thanks.

Level 15 Hero and Hell mode.

Unregistered
04-22-2019, 10:41 AM
This game is already kind of dead, all this time and no new maps, or new girls, or any new content in any form, and the events are just do this same level 500 times so you can win some resources.

Unregistered
04-22-2019, 09:27 PM
Level 15 Hero and Hell mode.

Thank you. Also, I am also trying to shards for Athena. Anyone know what level I can get her shards from and what mode? Is it hero mode? Thanks.

brothersome02
04-29-2019, 06:59 AM
Haven't played in a long time, saw that it was available to download and once I had to stop my antivirus to delete it once executed, I finally could play a version that doesn't choke my browser...

... but there's a glitch going on that makes the archer towers WITHOUT archers, and monsters walked around no problem. Haven't tested the other towers but the fact that the cheapest tower to buy have this big of a glitch is bad.

EDIT: Tested with all towers. The magic ones also don't attack monsters since they are missing THE GEM THAT ATTACKS THEM. Also the tower that spawn warriors takes a long time to spawn them.

Also, I've noticed that the hero summon no longer has a free daily summons like it had a month or so ago. The game has 10 heroes total and I'm missing 4, all SSR. Not to mention they still have missions that requires you to summon different SSR units.

Unregistered
05-12-2019, 06:48 PM
Does anyone know if the lvl5 is the last upgrade for the towers? I noticed that the achievements for the lvl5 gives you resource to upgrade the same tower, if 5 is the last upgrade that is the most retarded reward ever lol

Unregistered
07-08-2019, 10:34 AM
How can you have more than one hero on the map at a time? I feel like before you were able to purchase slots for them but I can no longer find that ability...

SamRei
03-12-2020, 08:45 AM
Ok, so you take Kindom Rush, add some "smut" in form of some picture, and your little porngame is ready for takeoff. Even with that poor concept, it might work, but it's not only a clone of a game, but it's not a very good clone.

It seems I can't use more than one hero at a time, just switch between them? In KR2 you could use more heros at once, did they really downgrade that? Aside of the rather expensive price for your second hero slot, that would be pretty weak.