PDA

View Full Version : Attraction system is trash.

Basqer
02-12-2019, 06:23 PM
As title says.
Literally spending hundreds of kobans right now to get Val Shao right now, which I couldn't get during the pre-update time either.
240 kobans later, 36 attraction.
I could understand introducing the new mechanics AFTER the event but not on the last day when people are still struggling to get a girl.
Like come on.

Edit - why is it trash? The rates aren't much higher than the ones we had with the girls but for now we have to get 100 of that shit. Average dropping around 3 attraction per 10 combativity. *clap*

Edit #2 - just spent 100 combativity - 24 attraction gained :D

Final edit - after spending ~400 kobans I'm done, I finally gained 70 attraction that I need for Shao, won't even try bothering getting 2nd girl, will just hurt wallet too much. Thanks devs, I do think that you should re-think your 'update' policy. And next time please don't push an update that works so f'ing bad in the last day of event. Sure we had promo on refilling combativity but I don't think that's enough to make (my and probably others) salt go away.

frigidd
02-12-2019, 08:53 PM
Yeah, I mean the way it was described in the update made it sound like the odds to get the girls would be roughly the same, but you would also get constant progress at a regular basis. I expected a 50/50 split for money vs attraction points. Every 20 combat you could expect say 10 attraction, but you could also just outright win the girl. Nope! It's also kinda shitty that the system debuted in the final freaking day of the event. Very dissapointed in what I thought would be a nice update.

DrunkMonkGar
02-12-2019, 10:18 PM
What? Affection isn't a guaranteed drop? What absolute garbage. The patch notes were massively disingenuous.

The event pachinko is also still a complete waste of kobans.

Unregistered
02-13-2019, 05:12 AM
Affection isn't a guaranteed drop.

This is the biggest reason of why this new system may be even worse than the previous one.

In the beginning the shards seemed to be the safety net that the players were looking for, to avoid wasting thousands of kobans for nothing, however the randomness on when the shards drop makes it all utterly crappy. The fact the the number of shards dropped is variable is irrelevant, all things considered.

In addition to the fact that they kept that stupid thing of making 3 out of 5 girls pachinko only, without a constant drop rate of shards after a reasonable number of battles, Kinkoid proved once again that they do not care about the players.

Here is an example of real safety net: shards of event girls drop after every 2 battles against the troll. So, worst case scenario, you have to fight 200 times to get one girl, which is a reasonable number even for free players, who only need to invest more time in the game, or refill.

Put it on 5 girls and you will get them all in no more than 1000 fights. Textbook safety net.

The drop on adventure girls could be after every 4 battles and still being perfectly fine.

Unregistered
02-13-2019, 09:37 AM
I'm playing the gay harem game through the Nutaku site, and WOW. The new attraction system is SO BAD. On average, I get an attraction-shard-thing to drop only once out of every ten fights. Sometimes only 1 or 2 shards are obtained per drop, although sometimes more. So it can take up to 5-10 fights just to get 1 shard. The amount of fights it will take to get the 100 attraction required for a drop is outrageously high, much much higher than the average amount of fights required to get a character to drop through the old system. If the shards were used as a "failsafe" to guarantee that no one does >1000 fights without a drop, then fine, but it definitely feels like they nerfed or removed the base % chance that the person would join your harem regardless of attraction level. If that's the case, I hope they fix things fast. When you only have ~10 days during an event to get a person to join your harem, that's really not enough time to earn 100 shards without spending a ton of money. At least with the higher base drop % there was a decent chance of being able to earn 1 or even 2 of the event characters from the trolls without spending money. This update seems designed to screw over anyone who isn't spending hundreds of dollars on the game. It feels not fun and I hope too many people won't quit the game entirely because of it, but who knows...

Unregistered
02-13-2019, 09:49 AM
After I finished my last rant, I read the patch notes for Harem Heroes, and it sounds like there is a random chance to get all 100 attraction shards to drop at once (analogous to the prior system where there was a low % chance for the character to join your harem each fight). That's good that they didn't remove the base % chance for a character to straight-up join your harem without collecting 100 attraction slowly over time, but still...it feels like the base % chance was nerfed. I'd be happy to be proven wrong. But no one wanted a failsafe system that would require over 1000 combativity to collect the 100 shards needed if it meant nerfing the base % chance for the character to just auto-join your harem.

Unregistered
02-13-2019, 10:17 AM
After I finished my last rant, I read the patch notes for Harem Heroes, and it sounds like there is a random chance to get all 100 attraction shards to drop at once (analogous to the prior system where there was a low % chance for the character to join your harem each fight). That's good that they didn't remove the base % chance for a character to straight-up join your harem without collecting 100 attraction slowly over time, but still...it feels like the base % chance was nerfed. I'd be happy to be proven wrong. But no one wanted a failsafe system that would require over 1000 combativity to collect the 100 shards needed if it meant nerfing the base % chance for the character to just auto-join your harem.

Yes, the 100 shards drop is a good thing, but you will never know the % of it, sto it still as bad as before.

I just made 15 battles each against Edwarda and Dark Lord and I had 8 shards from Edwarda and 0 from Dark Lord. The new system is far from a safety net; it may be even worse than before.

Basqer
02-13-2019, 12:53 PM
I don't like how everyone from Harem Heroes/Gay Harem is right now silent. I bet you expected feedback, maybe not negative like this one but still.
I think the problem of shards - their drop rate + amount should be addressed cuz we all feel cucked now.
Especially during events.

Warped
02-13-2019, 04:02 PM
In two days, I've pulled a total of 2 shards... and I didn't miss using any energy in that time. I am TERRIFIED of what this means for event girls.

This new system is fucking GARBAGE.

Warped
02-13-2019, 04:08 PM
On that note, three times yesterday fighting Karole, I got no reward at all... just a solid black bar across the screen. I wonder if this was a glitch, and I was supposed to get affection for a girl I already have unlocked?

Unregistered
02-13-2019, 08:32 PM
It works quite fine for the devs if you guys spend money on the new system...

frigidd
02-13-2019, 10:38 PM
It works quite fine for the devs if you guys spend money on the new system...

Well it's not working because I rarely spend money on Nutaku as it is, and I'm way less likely to spend money on a broken system...

Unregistered
02-14-2019, 07:39 AM
No system is too bad that it cant get worse. right now, even though event is still going on, adventure fights have no girls at all as rewards. but if you are smart enough, dont let that stop you trying to get the event girls! :D

Unregistered
02-14-2019, 08:11 PM
I've spent several thousand dollars on Puzzles and Dragons, because when they make updates to the metagame or the base game mechanisms I know that they've thought things through and will make good changes that the players want. No matter how much money I spend on that game, I feel like it was worth it because of how much fun I have playing the game, and I know the developers respect the money I've spent and want to keep giving me a good experience even if I stop spending money.

In contrast, when I see a crappy update that makes things worse and is designed to make people spend more money and make event girls harder to get despite being thinly disguised as a good thing, it convinces me to NEVER spend money on the game since I can't trust that the developers won't make things even worse in the future to suck even more money out of me and make me feel like I've wasted any money I've spent. The more the devs try to screw over the players who don't spend money, the more convinced I get that I should never spend money on the game.

Unregistered
02-14-2019, 08:43 PM
Before this update, it was frustrating to battle a lot and not get any girl, or see any progress toward getting that girl.

But now, I KNOW that I'm making almost no progress every time. Playing 6 or 7 battles and FINALLY getting a piece of attraction, now up to 3/100. Feels very futile, even if the odds are the same.

It felt futile before, but now I'm shown that it's futile, and gambling for low odds has gone from a silly idea to a clearly bad one.

That being said, I don't think they need to make it easier. I'd like it if they did, but they are a company who wants to try and incentivize spending money on the game.

But they might want to make it FEEL less wasteful. It would probably alienate less people.

Basqer
02-17-2019, 02:01 AM
Brace yourselves and your wallets, new legendary girl is coming tomorrow!

sniddy
02-17-2019, 02:14 AM
I was hoping that the attraction shards were like a booster, so as you get more you're more likely to get a girl having spent probably 200 fights on one girls and still being <25%

Makes event girls a joke then as you'll not likely get one let alone 2 in the time unless you spend big

...oh wait that's what they want - money - and are going down that route...

Well they can take a long walk off a short cliff - the money -> payoff ration is whacked in this game

jacky1x5
02-18-2019, 12:58 AM
Been playing the Nutaku version for a while now the new prize machine that pops up on returning events is more so you can get easier legendary armor to which helps you win more battles in the tower of fame giving more coins, cash, and extra battle fists prizes. As far as the new system if you havent got any of the girls in a world that you can get aff for any of them at random so you can have something like me with Karole's girls 15, 8, 8 and thats after getting her to 247, however the new legendary seems to be doing better for me as I'm at 25 from 57 battles which isnt bad if it stays at that pace but then again I missed completely on epic days when focusing on Bass and missed female link. I really dont want to miss this legend as they kind of are the most important girls if they match your class as the only build that works in this game is all in on your class stat.

Unregistered
02-18-2019, 11:59 AM
Almost a day into the Legendary event, and I've got 1(!) affection for the new Legendary girl. Wow. This new system is soooooo much better. /sarcasm

Who the Hell playtested this and didn't scream "this is terrible!!!!" at the top of their lungs?!?

sniddy
02-18-2019, 12:20 PM
Someoe hoping somehow we'll spend 36 kobans lets say on average per point - lets say you can get 10 without spending you need to spend 3,240 kobans so 13,000 nutaku gold...£130/$130 for ONE girl...and I can't see you not needing to spend at least near £/$100 if you're able to maximise time spent and a little luck and you get the daily kobans...

Effectivly dangle carrot let the whales bite - problem is - if the price is too high - too few will and you will ROYALLY nark off the rest, if it was say $20 or you could get lucky....maybe people may bite

Right now as I've said before the cost -> reward ratio on this game is so low I'd never spend...outside I dropped $1 once to get a few more kobans

TL/DR - super monetisation and a greedy and/or stupid dev

Basqer
02-18-2019, 03:47 PM
As a know-how player I'm crying right now, literally. What a bad luck to release a new legendary know-how girl right now.
And that so called promo being available only today. My god.
900 kobans left to spend after last event, here we go, lul.

RoguePlayer
02-18-2019, 03:57 PM
It's strange really I didn't think the drop chance/system could get any worse but here we are, now instead of getting the girl once you have to get her dozens of times all while remembering how the game you loved so much used to be good.

Well all good things come to end when popularity and money corrupted the dev's souls. :neutral: Rest in peace Harem Heroes.

Unregistered
02-18-2019, 10:09 PM
I feel the same way... I don't think it is possible to get new legendary girls without spending kobans now. For all other legendary girls, I was able to get them on the last day or within last day, just by playing all the time and spending all combat point that regenerated.

Now, after 1 day of event, I am at 15/100 attraction. With this rate, I will be done in 6 days... 2 days after event ends.

p.s. RNG be RNG, your mileage may vary, and you could be having a better luck.

unknown68
02-19-2019, 06:40 AM
Dropped the game quite some time ago (around the time of the first Valentine's event I think), but I often come back here to see what's going on. Not once have I regretted my decision to leave. Every time I look there's some new and exciting bullshit that the devs are trying to pass off as an improvement. If I could offer you any advice, it's to quit while you're ahead. IMO there are better things to do with your time and money.

jacky1x5
02-19-2019, 09:31 AM
Its around day 2 and now I'm at 41 though tbh if they wanted to imporve the drop system they would tie it into making teams that match more poses that the judge calls out as then everyone would have a reason to swap out girls when recuiting into their harlem it would also make for better matches then people just stacking ego and str.

jedc
02-19-2019, 11:54 PM
I kept track of what I used (kobans and energy) to finish this "event" in time with this extremely crappy new system. It took 453 energy and 448 koban. using this, the average would be 4.53 times to get 1 shard. it takes 30 minutes to get one energy, so that is 13,590 minutes or 226.5 hours or 9.44 days to get that much energy without spending money and that is only if you never waste a single energy by letting it fill up too much. This is also impossible to get within the 3 day time limit of this event.

As for the koban, you can get 460 for 21$. Essentially this means that Fabienne is a drop that costs 20$.

alex666p
02-20-2019, 07:15 AM
I am know-how build player and missed Norou so realy wanted Fabienne. I tested affection droprate and user about 400 kobans to rise attraction to 75 with -35%. Today I have 88 attraction and was certain that I will get her and BAM! I got 100 attraction drop on her. Extra attraction transformed into 88 flower presents (130 affection one).
On one hand I got legendary girl. On other - my 400 kobans (((

Unregistered
02-20-2019, 10:59 PM
From Kinkoid's website in a post called Attraction Presentation... read it on their website:

"Hentai Heroes is all about seducing amazingly hot fantasy girls and inviting them in your harem. It’s about that special feeling you get with each new gorgeous girl joining, that moment of pure joy and pride that she is joining your harem. That moment of sweet anticipation to start exploring her. All of these positive emotions sometimes get obliterated by the frustration of fighting too long with a boss or playing Pachinko without winning a girl. So during the past months we have been trying to figure out how to turn this issue into a feature and your doubts about the drop rate into excitement.
At the release of the game this system was fitting and was working very well, but as we keep increasing the number of girls in the Haremverse and also improving the game with new features, we are not satisfied with it anymore. Coming from that point, and listening to your feedback, we decided that we need changes.
We created Hentai Heroes to offer you, the players, a fun and positive game. And we are not going to risk the overall experience being negative because of a mathematical problem. We explored multiple options like putting a hard limit on the maximum number of fights you need to do before seducing a girl. Yet none of them were satisfactory and would be potential design limitations as the game continues its evolution in the future or would not be so easy to grasp at first glance. We wanted to create a system that would be a base to build upon; a system that is clear and will allow you to follow your progress by giving you an achievable goal.These are the 2 main reasons that motivated our decision to go with the Attraction. The principle is quite simple: each of the girls who are not in your harem yet, will have to be seduced by increasing her attraction to you."

You can read more of their blah blah on their website. Suffice it to say that not many players feel any of the warm & fuzzy shit they're selling above. This is nothing more than their greed... they are eliminating the "F2P" people and moving the game into a pay to get anything situation. Imagine you miss Fabienne, for example, and have only accumulated maybe 30 Attraction points. Then wait another 6 months minimum before she is offered again... another 30 points... another 6 months wait... another 30 points. I'm sure you get the picture and your feelings are nothing like the horseshit described above.

Combine that with the piss poor story telling that started in Heroes University & continues in Ninja Sacred Lands... they are doubled the story elements from all other worlds. You get almost no progression for high points spent... then waiting for "Coming soon" shit. I really don't enjoy the story element anymore.

This has prompted me to bail... after 2.5 years of great game, then ok game but I'm addicted, to love/hate relationship. I simply cannot afford this anymore... but mainly I do NOT want to support these fucking greedy devs and the sort of shit they put on us like the extract above. To all F2P players... make a stand and bail now as it is only going to get worse.

Unregistered
02-21-2019, 01:04 AM
The best part is where they said "listening to your feedback" ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT.

Players wanted a safety net to avoid wasting kobans and they fucked up the drop rate, so that you need years to get a girl, instead of a maximum and reasonable number of battles.

OK, the previous system was totally crap, but this one is the same in its own way.

As always, stopping wasting money in games like this is the best choice ever.

Unregistered
02-21-2019, 06:16 AM
I think its to soon to have an complete opinion of the new system. We still have the chance to get the girls with one win. Today i got lucky and got the legendary girl. I got 100 affection at once. Before that i had 39 shards.

The chance to get the girl in one is still the same as Before. We have now a second Chance with the affection shards.

I will wait till the next Event to have a final opinion. But know i think It's Not to Bad.

Unregistered
02-21-2019, 07:56 PM
I think its to soon to have an complete opinion of the new system. We still have the chance to get the girls with one win. Today i got lucky and got the legendary girl. I got 100 affection at once. Before that i had 39 shards.

The chance to get the girl in one is still the same as Before. We have now a second Chance with the affection shards.

I will wait till the next Event to have a final opinion. But know i think It's Not to Bad.

Keep on telling yourself that!.... your experience is one in a million & is not had by most other players... or is bullshit. As heading says: "Attraction system is trash". It certainly does not match the devs lies on their website.

jacky1x5
02-21-2019, 08:50 PM
Well I think I missed her as I can only do one more fight in the time limit. Also this isnt a new system its most likely the pitty system but now it can replace a reward with hearts so you get less rewards. Seriously how hard would it be to make drop increase more by pleasing the judges and by a reasonable amount not no 0.xx% or lower. If they did that maybe people would be happlier with no missing events when they are active players and spenders.

sniddy
02-22-2019, 12:06 AM
As pity systems it's a little mean

As a replacement system it's ludicrous for anything that's limited time, imagine this with 2 event girls! It's not fair or fit for purpose it's a slog

If it was 1 per 10 fights...or maybe 2....so 1.5 on average and the old 'chance for a drop' was there....I'd be Ok with that

Unregistered
02-22-2019, 01:01 AM
Like the suggestion a couple of pages ago... I'm giving up. This new attraction system is really bad by comparison and this is the last straw. Devs are just money hungry and pandering to those with it to spend. I've been at it for a while... a shame really... so much potential and it's just pissed away because they became greedy fuckers.

Yes... that's you devs... you're greedy fuckers!

Unregistered
02-22-2019, 09:14 AM

You're right: it's not too bad. It is awfully bad.

All the players wanted was a safety net to avoid wasting kobans and getitng nothing in return and, possibly, eliminate the useless and boring grinding that is only a waste of time. How to do it? Easy: a guarantee shards drop. Here is an easy to include example of safety net:

-Story girls drop rate cycle: money, money, money, money and shards (from 1 to X). Safety net of 1200 battles to get all 3 girls;
-Event girls: 5 different girls in the first 5 trolls, for 5 days, with this drop cycle: money, money and shards (from 1 to X). Safety net of 1000 battles to get all 5 girls.

Now, for event girls, this means a maximum of 200 battles to have 1 girl and 200 battles can be done with free attack points, therefore any player will have at least 1 event girl each event (2 on 2 weeks event, of course), which incentivates the player to, at least keep playing, while those who want all the girls will use kobans on them.

Of course, the possibility of 100 shards still remains; I'd say 1% per battle (not incremental). It is a reasonable percentage.

It's a win-win situation.

A couple of OT suggestions while I'm at it: allow to use 20 energy points to gain 1 attack point, so the energy doesn't go wasted when there is no more story, event missions no longer than 6 hours and give 2 XP and affection points to the girls in case of defeat in the arena.

Huleboer
02-22-2019, 07:19 PM
So now that the event is over i must say that i don't like it. I can see the apeal for girls you have unlimited time to get, but on the girls with a limit it is gonna hurt more. I did read the patch notes, and they did say that edwarda drops from 1-7 shards. Not ONCE did i get more than 3.

And this is the pain i get when it is one girls im chasing. How will it be on HH birthday. There you have the chance to get multiple girls from every boss.
Is the meta then to spam dark lord because he can drop the most amount of shards? Or will the event then end with "yay i got 10-40 shards on 7 different girls.

I want this to work because it might be apealing but so far it is more of a torture. I did not dare to spend my combatpoints unless i had 10+. Because it felt like i only got money after money and no shards if i did 5 in a row. And never saw a shard drop and if it did... 1.... This hurts more than exites me.

And to the val shao my bigest regret is not spamming the refresh the second to last day. See you in a year Val Shao

frigidd
02-23-2019, 08:57 AM
Well I think they listened to us at least a little bit after that joke of an event. I just did 2 of those 10x energy fights and got 20 attraction each time. Maybe that's just luck but that's a lot more consistent than 1 per 20 fights. Sucks that there are 4 pachinko girls and only 1 earnable girl rather than the usual 3 and 2.

Huleboer
02-23-2019, 11:29 AM
Well I think they listened to us at least a little bit after that joke of an event. I just did 2 of those 10x energy fights and got 20 attraction each time. Maybe that's just luck but that's a lot more consistent than 1 per 20 fights. Sucks that there are 4 pachinko girls and only 1 earnable girl rather than the usual 3 and 2.

By talking with people in my club. It looks like the rarity of the girl has an impact on the dropchance of shards

jacky1x5
02-23-2019, 11:32 AM
So now that the event is over i must say that i don't like it. I can see the apeal for girls you have unlimited time to get, but on the girls with a limit it is gonna hurt more. I did read the patch notes, and they did say that edwarda drops from 1-7 shards. Not ONCE did i get more than 3.

And this is the pain i get when it is one girls im chasing. How will it be on HH birthday. There you have the chance to get multiple girls from every boss.
Is the meta then to spam dark lord because he can drop the most amount of shards? Or will the event then end with "yay i got 10-40 shards on 7 different girls.

I want this to work because it might be apealing but so far it is more of a torture. I did not dare to spend my combatpoints unless i had 10+. Because it felt like i only got money after money and no shards if i did 5 in a row. And never saw a shard drop and if it did... 1.... This hurts more than exites me.

And to the val shao my bigest regret is not spamming the refresh the second to last day. See you in a year Val Shao

Here you can see I have used the 10x battle I got 8 rewards from the boss and two heart sets. You basically lose income from the heart system just to see your progress were the pity system did it all in the background, also as you can see more girls make your chances worst so newer players will be getting hearts for world girls and event girls making it easier to miss an event for being new to the game.

Unregistered
03-01-2019, 01:53 PM
I'm trying to get to grips with this new system, and I do like that you can see progress, but... and this is kinda my confusion... Is the general idea of the devs that you very, very rarely get the girl 1st time round, but instead build a faux harem of girls on a waiting list to join you? (other than the very rare chance you get a 100% jewel drop). Which by my understanding would mean I'd have to forward plan, ohh let's say a couple of years at least, hmmm, that seems a lot to ask, when my enjoyment of the game should be enough to keep me playing whether or not I choose to pay (personally I do the monthly sub for Kobans) or for free in the here and now.

It would seem that even whales cannot profit from this system either, which is a bonus for fledgling players, but not a good company decision, so that adds to my confusion.

Yeah, I'm very confused with this decision, it seems poorly implemented, I had high hopes for this but they have now disappeared into the distance, I now feel I had a better chance of obtaining a character better before this happened. It was the same old, same old...whales buy their way to the top, grinders work for it and casual gamers can just have a bit of fun. Now I don't know,this just seems unbalanced.

Anyhoo, that me.

IronFist44
03-01-2019, 08:39 PM
The odds are so bad. Yes, seeing any progress is nice, but if the odds are so awful, it's just super frustrating. I spend all of the event time trying to win the droppable event girls. With the days inbetween where I get to fight story girls, I barely get ANY shards. It's quite mocking. Like, you seriously think I'm going to play for a whole year to get the 30 shards I need to complete a girl from an annual event? Give me a break. There is a life to be lived, and this is a time pass. But with this kind of greedy system, it is very frustrating and makes me want to quit playing.

jacky1x5
03-01-2019, 10:43 PM
At this point its better to play the game as a vn than an rpg with collectible characters as the bad systems before and now seem to always ask for 100% focus even if you get no reward and also like I posted before the new system causes you to loses rewards for affection when that was originally a background stat.

Unregistered
03-02-2019, 09:13 PM
Okay, so my first reaction to this update was really negative.

After trying it a bit, the update is not quite as bad as I first thought.

The chance to get all 100 shards to drop isn't completely horrible. But since it is still very very low, it would be nice if Kinkoid could just verify if they did or did not decrease the chance of the "full drop" of 100 shards compared to the prior chance of getting the girl/guy to drop. Knowing that Kinkoid did or did not nerf the full drop chance would put my mind at ease about the new update a lot.

Also, it's nice that when you get the full drop of 100 shards, all of the shards you had earned for that guy/girl get converted into affection items, since buying affection items to upgrade your harem is prohibitively expensive and most of us are sitting on a harem full of un-upgraded haremettes. However, it is NOT nice that when you get a drop of 2, or 3, or 5 shards, it comes at the expense of not getting whatever cash you were going to earn from defeating that troll. When a troll has 3 guys/girls left to drop, I get shard drops at least 1 out of every 10 combativity. That is 10% LESS CASH that I am earning, that I used to earn because in the old system almost every troll fight resulted in a money drop and, rarely, you would get the full guy/girl to drop. The new system should be changed so that when shards drop, some money still drops at the same time. Yes, if you get lucky and get the 100 shard drop, the extra shards get converted into affection items...but I probably wanted to use the cash for stat upgrades or hentai scenes or just getting through the storyline, and the affection items sell for a fraction of their true cost. Like someone else said earlier, the shard drops could have been a stat kept in the background to guarantee that you wouldn't spend thousands of kobans and get nothing; instead, it is in the foreground, ruining the surprise of when a guy/girl is eventually going to drop, and replacing the cash we desperately need to drop as well.

Overall, I like the idea behind the shard drops, and not being as "surprised" about which guy/girl is dropping and when they are dropping is definitely a sacrifice I am willing to make in order to have a more even playing experience when spending kobans. And the excess shards turning into affection items is a nice bonus that helps solve the problem of upgrading your harem being prohibitively expensive in terms of buying affection items. But I want verification that the update wasn't used as an opportunity to screw us by implementing even lower "full drop" chances, and I am running into serious cash flow issues due to frequent 1-3 shard drops that replace all the cash I needed to earn from trolls, so I would prefer if the shards dropped alongside the normal cash instead of replacing it.

sniddy
03-03-2019, 05:02 AM
Yes but if you SUPER whale and give him all your $$$ you can get it now no confusion this is a blatant greedy cashrip that I hope blows up in his greedy smug little face

Unregistered
03-03-2019, 08:30 AM
This system is terrible. Just look at the leader board for 'girls'. I'm at something like 42,000th place on it with 0 girl drops. I remember being at roughly that same place with 2 girl drops that week. This leader board alone tells you that the number of girl drops have crashed.

I have only had one girl come out since the system come out, and that was after working on Ninja Spy for a week. (I was still missing one from him). Since then nothing. And I don't let the energy overrun for the Troll fights.

They completely messed up the system. To keep people playing they need to have some sort of reward, some sort of progress, some sort of something. But right now doing boss fights to get girls seems to be pointless. Unless you're really lucky and get a 100% shard drop.

On Bremen I get maybe one shard drop day. After 48 fights, one shard drop? Give me a break. I'll be done with the story by the time I get the first girl from Bremen with the new system.

This isn't really a constant progression system, its a more punishing random number system than before.

The harem system is suppose to be a good steady flow of income. Common girls are the best ones in it, especially the 5 star common girls. Most people seem to run with the 5 star common girls in their orgy squad, but now it seems like Kinkoid has made them not so common, and very hard to get. The rare girls (except for 1) are all 3 star, so don't show up in people's squads. The Epic girls are very expensive to upgrade, and not worth putting in the squad till their 3rd star.

So basically Kinkoid has nerfed the ability to grow your economy.

1. They made shard drops stop paying out cash, which means there's less money to upgrade your girls
2. Made the common girls much harder to get

I use to play the lower bosses when they had girls that dropped, but now that this shard system is in place, I won't waste my time, because I know I'm not going to get rewarded for it. The girls will be long gone by the time I get the shards needed, and the money needed to play the game is best earned by the higher end bosses.

UnLuckyPatcher
03-05-2019, 06:19 AM
it's really frustrating getting shard spending so much koban getting none :(
=======================
Legendary 1-5% chances of shard
Epic 5-10% chance of shard
Rare 15-20% chances of shard
Common 30-50% chance of shard
=======================

jacky1x5
03-07-2019, 07:09 AM
The problem with the new system is that its using your progress with the girl to make you want to spend coins as if your higher in affection for a girl and the event time is running low then you might spend or buy more and if you are frustrated you might spend or buy against your better judgement just to get the last few battles out the way regardless if its an event girl or not. The latest boss will give you nothing but affection items so the new system is pretty whack as I just got Alex from grinding for the past few days since the start and thats the most common of all the droppable girls and 5 star common girls are given from completing a world all the others are mostly 3 star its rare that any of them are 5 star so they are more so useful in pvp if you missed the top tier girls from past event or dont have a high tier girl from the slot machine.

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 09:40 PM
seems ever since they announced months ago it would be easier to get girls it's been the opposite,. for the current event I just unlocked the first girl yesterday, and I think on day 8 i only have 2 affectond points for carine so far. In the past I'd have the first girl unlocked by day 3 or 4, now it's taking almost 8 days for 1 girl.

sniddy
03-20-2019, 01:33 PM
So a few events in - It's a mixed bag - you should get one, you may get 2 if you're really active or lucky

I suppose that's better - but and I mean BUT the drop on epic+ girls makes epic days/legendary events much much harder - so mixed bag...not good but I suppose better then it was in some ways - worse in others, probably tweakable into a system that works IF they loosen the deathgrip they're trying for on the old wallet

UNFORTUNATLY this dev is proving greedier then a hungry hungry hippo/caterpillar hybrid

Unregistered
03-21-2019, 03:18 AM
Even since they claimed the new system would make things easier it's been the opposite. The current Epic event (3/20) I have a little over 2 1/2 days left and so far only have 20 affection points. I typically play when I get up, lunch time, when I get home, and before bed. rarely is my power full 20/20 so without wasting kanban at this rate there is no way I'll unlock any of the girls which means I'll have yet another partial unlock waiting to be aquired. Even with the current world map quest battling Karole, my best girl is at only around 25 affection and with the exception of event I always fight karole.

Basqer
03-23-2019, 01:30 AM
Last day of epic days, 54 attraction hearts in on Evelyn.
To have an event where you can't get A SINGLE GIRL is laughable.
I might be extremely unlucky or something but I don't think that I'm alone in this.
Fix your game, it's been more than a month already and we didn't get a single word from devs.

Unregistered
03-23-2019, 04:10 AM
Since attraction system came I haven't gotten SINGLE girl from 100% drop (as pre-affection normal drop), only through long grind of points, usually one girl is expense of 400-800 kobans. This system sucks, I'm not going to renew my monthly cards anymore as there is slowly less and less of a reason to play.

Cardoom
03-23-2019, 05:07 AM
I just spent 60 fighting points (and 52 hbs) to get 3 attraction points...nothing left to say

sniddy
03-23-2019, 09:54 AM
The event girls are Okish but if it's 2 epic girls, or going for the legend this event andI don't think I capped 20 - the system could work but the dev is greedy

Unregistered
03-23-2019, 11:23 AM
9 hours to go in the current event and I have only been able to get 50+ points. Nataku needs to go back to thier "harder" system where people were at least unlocking girls

Basqer
03-23-2019, 05:01 PM
Hell yeah, only took 300 kobans to unlock a single girl :rofl:
Around 350-400 combativity to get one of 6 girls sounds reasonable and doable in 4 days :bgrin:

Cevanth
03-23-2019, 08:15 PM
I'm questioning myself if that 100% drop chance even exist, either the chances are extremely low or it was just a lie...

New Epic Days event... been working on Trinket since the beginning of the event, to be precise at 01:00 AM and nothing, just 32/100 can't even think on getting another girl because i wasted 3 days in just one and didn't even get her... what in the world!!!, this new system is horrendous.

jacky1x5
03-23-2019, 08:40 PM
I personally just decided to fight Karole so I can grind out the map girls as I knew that their was no way I was getting any of these girls as far I my experience goes if you want a girl in 4 days without spending she has to be a rare.Epic girls are only possible if its a long event like the 15 day kind same goes for legends. In a way the only way to be free and get these girls is to score high in the tower of fame and save your fist points and coins but now the only way to be number one or high in the tower of fame is to have legendary armor a maxed 5 star legend girl in your class and to be active enough to beat all or most the players in the ranking season.

And if 100% is real its probably lower than the chance of getting a legendary girl on legendary days.

DrunkMonkGar
03-23-2019, 10:17 PM
Yeah, I haven't gotten an instant 100 since the new system, I don't think it exists.

I was also only able to get 1 girl this event, and it took over 400 kobans to do it.

Unregistered
03-24-2019, 02:00 AM
For those claiming 100% is not real, I managed to get my Lola (~70 +100) and Val Red Battler (89+100) that way, however that was a while ago so that is of no real help as the system could have been changed in that time.

I have also started recording the results of my battles since the last event began in the hopes of figuring out drop rates and chances of getting shards/100% and tabulating the results.

Trinket took 260 battles ending at 101/100 for the long grind. I, sadly, did not record shard amounts so I can't say shard average but will be recording that from now on as well. Will post more results after the next couple of events when I have more data collected.

Unregistered
03-24-2019, 06:37 AM
I don't like he drop rates either. In one event I could drop 300-350 kobans after saving up and get most, if not all the girls. They need a bigger drop rate or drop amount. 8-10 min. And I don't much like how anything else is being run either. They need to go back to dropping daily stuff at 11pm instead of 12 am. (Eastern time). Plus they need to do a better job of lining people up in the arena. I have 182k for an ego (that's with out boosters) and I amxed out a single stat and they have me constantly up against 95-220k. Seriously? lol.

jacky1x5
03-24-2019, 11:19 PM
I don't like he drop rates either. In one event I could drop 300-350 kobans after saving up and get most, if not all the girls. They need a bigger drop rate or drop amount. 8-10 min. And I don't much like how anything else is being run either. They need to go back to dropping daily stuff at 11pm instead of 12 am. (Eastern time). Plus they need to do a better job of lining people up in the arena. I have 182k for an ego (that's with out boosters) and I amxed out a single stat and they have me constantly up against 95-220k. Seriously? lol.

This game runs on casino logic and everything else is poorly designed entertainment wise. Theyre so many ways that can improve this vame but by doing so they would have to kill off a lot of their casino milking to do so and oc they would never do that when subscriptions and gambling will bring in more profit since they are unchallenged in hentai parody.

Vii X
03-25-2019, 09:06 PM
I'm questioning myself if that 100% drop chance even exist, either the chances are extremely low or it was just a lie...

New Epic Days event... been working on Trinket since the beginning of the event, to be precise at 01:00 AM and nothing, just 32/100 can't even think on getting another girl because i wasted 3 days in just one and didn't even get her... what in the world!!!, this new system is horrendous.

No. It does. I can upload proof if you want to imgur

Unregistered
03-27-2019, 03:10 AM
I've been fighting karole since the new system came out. though I have had some interuptions with the current events my the girl I'm closest to unlocking with karole only has 28 points. In fact I think between the three of them I only have 65 points since the new system started. And with the current event which I'm not doing since the only girls i don't have unlocked are pachinko girls I've been fighting Karole and over the past 2 days have only recieved 2 affection points,

Drip
03-27-2019, 11:30 AM
This game runs on casino logic and everything else is poorly designed entertainment wise. Theyre so many ways that can improve this vame but by doing so they would have to kill off a lot of their casino milking to do so and oc they would never do that when subscriptions and gambling will bring in more profit since they are unchallenged in hentai parody.
Casino logic thrives on the odds being almost favourable to the avarage player.
I'm not sure whether the developers actually looked into the mathematical effect of the odds in Harem Heroes. It feels a bit like WoW development: "don't bother with spreadsheets, just put some numbers, see how things work out, if they don't work out, try a different set of numbers."

What casinos understand very well, is, that if the odds feel almost favourable to the player, that the player is more inclined to invest beyond his planned budget, and go for a bigger reward. Or, re-invest the reward he or she already obtained. A player who just lost 15 games in a row on the other hand, is more likely to stick to his or her play-budget and call it a night when he or she runs out of it (maybe even spend the last few dollars on a drink, instead of paying that from a seperate budget).

With the Epic Days event, I was aiming for Evelyn. My target for "extra investment if necessary" was 80 crystals. The theory there, was that if I managed to get ~80 crystals in those few days, then 100-150 kobans spent on energy should be enough to get those last ~20 crystals. Well, I managed to get 42 crystals, so I quickly threw that idea of investing "some" kobans on extra energy out the window. There was no sense of "almost favourable".

sniddy
03-28-2019, 12:39 AM
and with the fact I can't get itnot the game since last night that's gonna screw me over

Drip
03-28-2019, 10:39 AM
and with the fact I can't get itnot the game since last night that's gonna screw me over
You play on mobile? For some reason, the game keeps redirecting my mobile to some downloadable client now. That client constantly gets stuck on the loading screen, so it's practically useless. Playing through puffin no longer works either, I guess the game somehow detects that I play through mobile anyway, and doesn't want to load the game page anymore.

jacky1x5
04-05-2019, 11:26 AM
Thats happen to me a couple of times normally it seems like I need to relog in the app other times I just clear the app data or restart the device.

Also the thing about this game is why yes casino's are smart at how to keep people invested, this is also a mobile game so they are appling the same crap that EA and Activision does which is to generator a level of frustaition that the player is engaged longer and more likely to spend to have peace of mind and the fact that everything in the game is rng it might as well be a casino just it uses bad practices to get money. Also they actually stated they do that tactic but in a pr fashion by saying the rng is low so the player feels joy when they finally get the girl, which in itself is a nice way of stating the sentence before it.

Giggione
06-04-2019, 08:48 PM
I've been playing HH regularly for more than one year and, since this new system come out, I don't have fun anymore. The attraction drop is too damn low, frustrating, and it has slowly started to make me hate the game. Just my personal experience.

Cevanth
07-25-2019, 10:43 AM
No. It does. I can upload proof if you want to imgur

Like i said chances are extremely low, try to read and understand the context of what i said.

Unregistered
08-02-2019, 08:23 AM
Hello everyone. I have seen this issue and, in order to prevent the return of the previous system, I have decided to intervene.

I know how to improve the current system, so pay attention.

1st: Use the percentage of obtaining the girl from the previous system (in this case, it would be 100 attraction points).
2nd: Raise the percentage of obtaining attraction points by 50% or more.
3rd: Raise the number of maximum attraction points for Legendary Girls to six, instead of remaining three.

Unregistered
08-06-2019, 10:39 AM
Hello everyone. I have seen this issue and, in order to prevent the return of the previous system, I have decided to intervene.

I know how to improve the current system, so pay attention.

1st: Use the percentage of obtaining the girl from the previous system (in this case, it would be 100 attraction points).
2nd: Raise the percentage of obtaining attraction points by 50% or more.
3rd: Raise the number of maximum attraction points for Legendary Girls to six, instead of remaining three.

Impossible they would be going back on their Lets go Whaling game experience. Tbh the game isnt going to get better its just going to make itself more of an addicting loop.

BigBad
09-14-2019, 01:53 PM
Thank you sponsors. The attraction system is awesome.

I can't think of why anybody would ever complain.

Okay so you're making an easy power/fist top up per daily korbans during an event 25 plus any extra from event. You're getting a legendary, epic, or rare girl. Epic Girls and Legendaries. Cost 900 - 1000 korbans in the arcade machine. Unless you use an event arcade and you might get lucky on 300 unlikely try about 600 korban average. How much are you gonna pay for a legendary on a boss, 400-500. No complaint. Legendaries won on those bosses gve you epic flowers x100.

These whingers.

It makes you wonder how they level them. It's attrition as well, because it pays to level least to most first. Unless you're shoving her on your deck.

Unregistered
09-17-2019, 10:25 AM
You get 30*25 = 850 a month from daily quests. Then you get 8*4 = 32 konans for finishing last place in leaderboards. Then you get about 200 kobans a month for doing the 22 Koban rewarding event quests. Then you can get more kobans from contests and leagues (if you don't get, say 100 kobans a month from these, you are doing things very wrong).

This is enough kobans to buy a 900 pachinko * 10 spin every month and still have a surplus, or it is more than enough to top off any event boss girls that you didn't get due to RNG and develop a large koban surplus for Epic Days (girls cost 600 kobans each on average if you are doing refills) or legendary days (900 on average).

I much prefer that system to system where I can spend kobans and get nothing due to rng, not even shitty boosters.

BigBad
09-17-2019, 11:32 AM
100+ x4ish power max on korbans got rare school girl, Justine, plus any daily waited power ups. 200+ got Niki Vignae and waited power up. When I got Alpha and Omega I spent about 425. It gave 100x epic flowers. I have spent 600 Korbans on 1 event and I got nothing in the event machine. Spent 300 next event got a girl after collecting the two event girls off bosses. Because why do I want that chance being affected by something I could collect. 600 is event machine average. But you can spend 900 and not get a guarantee.

I have only missed event girls on legendary days, steampunk, and tanned skins or beach something from starting, Bosses weren't high enough. Otherwise yes I buy korbans as well occasionally. But have made it a point to collect them on events.

When I get event girl I don't waste x2 korbans on x10.

The only time RNG is annoying is when I am doing Silvanas. Boss is leveled 170 but it's taking time dropping. No worse than previous. It was probably worse.

Why are you collecting machine girls when there is boss girls? Oxymoron. Events change, yes, occasionally. Legendary days is your obvious monthly korban save up and frenzy.

Okay legendary days. Just shoved 350 tokens into silver lupa. This is annoying because the boss level is higher than me. But she's at 61 attraction. I won a fairy. Had two left on the boss. With those 350 tokens spent. I have leveled Albane's last legendary affection 11k worth. Leveled the fairy won completely, exp minus last few levels no more books left, and affection maxed. Won around 8 champion tickets. It's worth it unless you have no need for anything but tokens. However it's annoying getting this Silver Lupa because the boss level is higher than my level. Otherwise I'd be averaging more attraction per hit. I did on Alpha and Omega requiring less tokens I'd average 5. Instead of 1 attraction per hit. Perhaps it's the fact she's a 5 star legendary and not the boss level? But it's something like that?

Unregistered
03-31-2020, 12:26 PM
Don't know if this thread is still going but I noticed the same problem. I'm fighting Bremen and after countless battles I finally got one of the guys up to 95 but 60 battles and 1 refill after that I only get 1 attraction shard to make 96. What the hell!?

jacky1x5
04-03-2020, 12:07 PM
Got the last legendary girl with a 100% in 60 battles but thats the only one as I missed about 4 or 5 of these legendary girls since the system. The system only works if girls return but even then you will have less time to get them. Plus with orbs, tickets, and attraction being prizes it just lowers your chances to win even more so since most like to drop low numbers.

dirtyveggie
06-24-2020, 03:45 AM
I played briefly when older system was in motion. I did it up to Bremen i think. Experience was annoying (because no visible progress), but there wasn't Epic/Legendary days yet and i remember getting both of troll-obtainable event girls every time.

But right now it doesn't feel so bad. In normal events i usually get all 3 non-pachinko girls and at-least two more desirable for me. (Last time i didn't get Suki from East Vibes, but girls from that event are ugly as fuck anyway). Orgy days are no problem either, last time i get 4 girls (3 legendary ones) and i spend some kobans just on Justine.

Problem starts when we got to Epic/Legendary days. I grinding Mani right now, event ends in approx. 1 hour and i have 68 attraction shards. With Leganday days MOST i got was 85 shards on Fanny&Fione but i grinded them hard (I don't spend money to play, but i spend all the kobans i got), usually i get about 50-60 shard per that kind of event.

But thing is: You don't lose the shards when the event ends. You can fill the rest on net event, or in Mythic Pachinko even (I fail to check this usually though :P )

Sooooo I think new system is overall better. Only issue is with this E/L events. What it is? Probably 1-3 shards per shardcloud is just not enough. But it is ok, I can wait for next chanceand you can too. I don't think amount of girls you get drop at all in vacuum. But it would be nice to get some complex statistic if one of you guys have some with old and new system.

kinklabs
07-03-2021, 12:17 AM
Yeah it IS trash. I did the mythic days event (which makes 6,000 shards for this hot pirate girl every two or three hours) and I even spent my saved kobans to get 50 energy so I can do 50 battles at once. WOOOOOW only 2 shards? The event only last two days?

REAL fair....

Its only been a day and I only managed to get 9 attraction.

Guess ill try again next year...

jmercer
02-17-2022, 10:28 PM
Bumping an old thread but I feel like they nerfed the drop rates again a month or so ago. I used to get one or two guys per event (Gay Harem, obviously) but recently I struggle to get even one and like the OP states in their post, for one of them I really wanted so I burned through all of my horded kobans attempting to get them and it didn't work. Only reason I got anyone this even is because they were my final from last year (or year before?) and I already had 50 shards with them. Now I've been trying to get a guy from scratch but I'm not even at 50 shards with a day left?