PDA

View Full Version : [EVENT 83] ADVENT BATTLE VS PYTHON

Geo
04-29-2019, 08:42 PM
The event will probably start in Jedi Day (May 4th). So beat the DARK side we should!

MAIN REWARDS:

DARK Eidolon Python
Deals DARK Damage to all enemies/Applies Barrier
DARK Attack +30%/DARK Characters' HP +15%

SSR Weapon "The Dragon Wand of Faros" (Staff)
Large Burst Damage
Skill 1 Abyss Vigoras - DARK Attack Up commensurate to remaining HP (+)
Skill 2 Dark Defender - DARK HP Up

SSR Weapon "Miasma Shooter" (Gun)
Large Burst Damage / Self Defense Up
Skill 1 Schwartz Defender - DARK HP Up(++)

SR Weapon "Regret Remains" (Axe)
Skill 1 Abyss Defender - DARK HP Up (+)

SR Weapon "Transviscerator" (Glaive)
Skill 1 Abyss Exceed - DARK Burst Damage Up (+)

Soul Points, Gacha Tickets, Magic Jewels, etc.

Why do the Devs hate DARK? The Japanese Wiki speculates that the SSR Gun will get a FLB in an Event Reprint

Dejnov
04-29-2019, 10:38 PM
I'm super interested in that Staff... Vigoras is in the special slot, right?

Which means that you're getting straight 16% attack, plus the obligatory defender on a dark weapon.

Shame about Python's attack being so slow. Stats/active look great. Is she worth sticking in your Eido grid anyways or is consensus that the attack loss is too much to put up for just barrier?

Dejnov.

Geo
04-29-2019, 10:52 PM
I myself am kinda interested in obtaining Python, as I started back in Tartarus event and excluding Lilim Invidia there were no Event DARK eidolons since then. Didn't pull any SSR from gachas as well. Python just looks kinda on the weaker side though.

Didn't know Vigoras raised "Elemental" Attack rather than character's Attack. If such is true, the Staff is way better than what I thought at first glance. And it is cheaper than that useless Gun too.

Unregistered
04-29-2019, 11:54 PM
I'm super interested in that Staff... Vigoras is in the special slot, right?

According to JP wiki, vigoras is in its own slot, separate from assault, elemental and special attack. Bear in mind that its effect diminishes quickly as hp drops, going to zero at 50% health, so you need healers to make good use of it (so for dark, that's Andromeda unless you have Osiris or something.) This is unlike pride, which adds to assault even at 100% hp.

Slashley
04-30-2019, 01:22 AM
Wow, an unregistered person making a thread. That's new. Less work for us~
According to JP wiki, vigoras is in its own slot, separate from assault, elemental and special attack. Bear in mind that its effect diminishes quickly as hp drops, going to zero at 50% health, so you need healers to make good use of it (so for dark, that's Andromeda unless you have Osiris or something.) This is unlike pride, which adds to assault even at 100% hp.Yes, to be more specific, Vigor drops off HARD. You take ANY damage and you're doing way less than before.

Don't rely on Vigor unless you can keep your HP topped up. If you can do that, then Vigor is AMAZING. If you can't...

Geo
04-30-2019, 02:08 PM
Wow, an unregistered person making a thread. That's new. Less work for us~.

Lol, took the clue and registered. Now I request sticky (or so she said).

Dejnov
04-30-2019, 02:17 PM
Wow, an unregistered person making a thread. That's new. Less work for us~Yes, to be more specific, Vigor drops off HARD. You take ANY damage and you're doing way less than before.

Don't rely on Vigor unless you can keep your HP topped up. If you can do that, then Vigor is AMAZING. If you can't...

I looked at it, exponential decay function to 50% and then after that it goes negative. Even at 90% hp it's down to 10% assault... seems a lot of pain for very little reward...

How do people normally run a Vigoras team? Are there special Himes or powers that help make Vigoras effective?

Dejnov.

Slashley
04-30-2019, 02:25 PM
--
How do people normally run a Vigoras team? Are there special Himes or powers that help make Vigoras effective?--Burst Hour.
Dian Cecht/Sol.
Short content.

Well, I have no experience with Vigor, so maybe DMM players could explain how it works out in reality.

Itoshira
04-30-2019, 09:49 PM
Vigoras is mainly used in teams that provide a lot of mitigation through Barriers and have a consistent strong amount of heals available, since, as Slashley said, you wanna stay topped up at pretty much all times.
Other options are Burst-focus builds that finish a fight in a couple turns, as you wont take to much damage usually and you also use them mostly during BT, so the biggest value is right of the bat in your opening burst.

Vigoras is a high risk high reward option, but you wanna only take it in combination with something else and not as the sole skill on a weapon. If you can make use of it, it is nice to have, if not, you just better stick to Assault or Pride weapons instead.

Laventale
05-01-2019, 05:28 PM
Lol, took the clue and registered. Now I request sticky (or so she said).

You gotta wait, fucko.

Unregistered
05-02-2019, 10:41 PM
Considering Vigor is based on keeping HP high, why not factor in having high HP? More HP means more damage you can take, meaning on a vigor grid it's less penalty considering you have 16k HP compared to 13k when you take a 1-2k hit...

Given how many dual skill weapons exist anyway, shouldn't be too hard right?

Dejnov
05-02-2019, 10:55 PM
Considering Vigor is based on keeping HP high, why not factor in having high HP? More HP means more damage you can take, meaning on a vigor grid it's less penalty considering you have 16k HP compared to 13k when you take a 1-2k hit...

Given how many dual skill weapons exist anyway, shouldn't be too hard right?

Oh absolutely for Dark. My current dark grid (which doesn't have a phantom weapon which might restrict it) is currently 2 Pride, 7 Assault, 2 Burst, and 7 Defender and Herc's Soul weapon. That's about near perfect and I have already FLBed three of the weapons (2 more to go) so the base HP/Attack is starting to get up there also. Currently most of them are around 14k to 15k (with Herc at 16k) in hit points which means they have tons of staying power.

Still... it's highly risky without having ways to keep high hitpoints or healing constantly. I guess that Python helps (and Tiamat) and currently I have Osiris, but it just doesn't seem that Dark has a dedicated healer that can keep the group going.

Dejnov.

Slashley
05-03-2019, 05:48 AM

Given how many dual skill weapons exist anyway, shouldn't be too hard right?Will it help? Sure. But Vigor drops off so bad that the effect is still lackluster if you take any damage, even with higher HP pool.

Unregistered
05-03-2019, 09:37 AM
Just started reading the JP wiki on how Ult and Rag Python fights and am having trouble understanding it. Can people let me know if I have the following right:

1st turn: nullifies first 3 debuff (according to JP wiki, something like sniper shot counts as two debuffs, and Mordred's outrage should clear them all in one go with debuffs to spare)
At full orbs, the following abilities override normal and raging OD and more importantly, WILL activate during stun, so do NOT stun the enemy at full orbs unless you have cleared all the nullifies:
- Rune Darkness - activates if 3 nullifies are still up: 4x AoE damage plus death? (what is that, instant death or doom with a timer? sound scary either way...)
- Tragedy Darkness - activates if 2 nullifies are still up: 3x AoE damage plus blind? (not sure if I got that right, google translated the debuff as 'dark')
- Decay Darkness - activates if 1 nullify is still up: AoE damage plus poison
- Normal and Raging OD - when no nullify is up: AoE damage plus 30% burst reduction (i.e. once you're done clearing the nullify, you will probably never burst unless you have BP or equivalent, combo up and/or some burst increasing skills)

Did I translate all of that right? If so, this boss sounds like a real pain to AAB. JP wiki recommends low CD debuff himi like Lunar Glory Caspiel for AAB-ers like me. Never thought I would field an R hime for regular battles when I have a full team of light SSR, lol.

AutoCrimson
05-03-2019, 12:56 PM
well we have our DMM friends to enlighten us taco' slaves

Unregistered
05-07-2019, 01:47 AM
Just started reading the JP wiki on how Ult and Rag Python fights and am having trouble understanding it. Can people let me know if I have the following right:

1st turn: nullifies first 3 debuff (according to JP wiki, something like sniper shot counts as two debuffs, and Mordred's outrage should clear them all in one go with debuffs to spare)
At full orbs, the following abilities override normal and raging OD and more importantly, WILL activate during stun, so do NOT stun the enemy at full orbs unless you have cleared all the nullifies:
- Rune Darkness - activates if 3 nullifies are still up: 4x AoE damage plus death? (what is that, instant death or doom with a timer? sound scary either way...)
- Tragedy Darkness - activates if 2 nullifies are still up: 3x AoE damage plus blind? (not sure if I got that right, google translated the debuff as 'dark')
- Decay Darkness - activates if 1 nullify is still up: AoE damage plus poison
- Normal and Raging OD - when no nullify is up: AoE damage plus 30% burst reduction (i.e. once you're done clearing the nullify, you will probably never burst unless you have BP or equivalent, combo up and/or some burst increasing skills)

Did I translate all of that right? If so, this boss sounds like a real pain to AAB. JP wiki recommends low CD debuff himi like Lunar Glory Caspiel for AAB-ers like me. Never thought I would field an R hime for regular battles when I have a full team of light SSR, lol.

Ok, I just tested this myself on ultimate, assuming rag is the same:

- Rune Darkness (3 nullify up) debuff is doom with a 2 turn timer
- Tragedy Darkness (2 nullify up) debuff is indeed blind with 3 turns
- Decay Darkness (1 nullify up) debuff is poison with 2 turn timer and no/high upper limit (did about 10% of damage even to himes with >10k hp)

Note that, since you have basically 5 turns before the doom actually kills you, if you can reliably burst in that time (account for trash mob before as well), you can probably still AAB without someone like Lunar Glory Caspiel. If you are lucky enough to have Takeminakata, she will eat Python for breakfast (like she does with any other advent bosses for that matter.)

AutoCrimson
05-07-2019, 04:50 AM
well, the event is still easy to aab, considering even me aab ult with not-light R party

trew
05-07-2019, 08:29 AM
There is something worth in this event? I have looked and the weapons and eidolon looks like complete garbage :S
Cristals and such I guess...

AutoCrimson
05-07-2019, 08:51 AM
6 copies ssr weapons themself are good enuf

Superbia
05-07-2019, 09:13 AM
There is something worth in this event? I have looked and the weapons and eidolon looks like complete garbage :S
Cristals and such I guess...

I believe that the event gets a reprint and so the weapons/weapon will get a flb.

Geo
05-07-2019, 12:43 PM
It seems that to this day the Python event wasn't Reprinted on DMM.

The Japanese speculated that, as was the case with Rahab and others, there would be a FLB in a future reprint.

We Taco Slaves at least know best not to hold our breaths for that FLB.

Unregistered
05-07-2019, 01:01 PM
Advents always got an eventual FLB so naturally you'd assume so.

Only time will tell

Unregistered
05-07-2019, 02:00 PM
Advents always got an eventual FLB so naturally you'd assume so.

Only time will tell

Unless it go to the permanent content thingy in dmm

Geo
05-08-2019, 10:51 AM
The thingy you mentioned is about letting players acess past Raids. Python is an Advent.

Tanukimo
05-10-2019, 07:48 PM
Pazuzu just got reprinted in DMM with one of the weapons getting FLB so I think it's safe to assume that this event will get reprinted eventually as well, although who knows when that would happen.

Unregistered
05-10-2019, 10:16 PM
Erm, so why Ixion haven't got her reprint and FLB?

AutoCrimson
05-11-2019, 01:28 AM
cuz thunder should suffer