PDA

View Full Version : DMM and Nutaku differences

Unregistered
05-11-2019, 07:05 AM
So, as a recent convert from Nutaku, is there anything essential I should know about DMM's version? I already noticed some new stuff like rainbow sublimation stones and awakening dragons (or whatever they are called in English), but is there any important stuff for a new player to pay attention to? Any particular goals to aim for? Any particularly important characters to try to get?

Volarmis
05-11-2019, 11:14 AM
It's been quite a while since I've last seen the Nutaku version, so I'm not sure what applies.

Let's see... generally there will be a lot more freebies in the DMM version - FGs, manyuus, forge spirits, etc.
The FGs count a bit different as you probably already noticed - basically 1oo DMM FGs = 1 Nutaku FG (they event made the zeroes smaller, because it caused confusion when they changed it), but you gain them at the same rate as in Nutaku, so no changes here (for example, you can find 1oo FGs on an exploration or for completing a map).

Stamina cuts for specific missions appear fairly often as well, so if you can wait with farming specific currencies for a while (before it resets) it's generally a good idea to try and wait for stamina cuts.
In fact, right now almost all of them are cheaper (for the next 2 days). Since the reissued events are also cheaper, I'd concentrate on these, as you can get good 5* to start off with. Somebody would need to help me here with which should be good to focus on, but as I recall, the first few girls - from Lavender to Mountain Lily - all have great stats for a 5*. Personally, Hypericum helped me out a lot early on with her counters. For the long run, you should also aim for Rainbow Rose as she is still one of the best 6* after promotion.

If you're starting right now, use the fact that this event is a raid boss event and be sure to use up all your raid points before gaining a level - you may be able to actually clear out the event awards before it ends in 2 days. The event missions don't need to be run multiple times - if you're able to complete them, just run them once. The daily challenge during a raid boss event only counts how many event raid bosses you battled (instead of all the other times when the number of missions is counted).
EDIT: By the way, attack only the bosses that have cheerleaders, as those give you the most event currency. Don't attack them more than once and you really don't need more power than your weakest 2* - in DMM they fall all too easily.

As I recall, it's a good idea to focus levelling on a single girl first and get her to max, as the max level of any of your girls decide what kind of players appear as your potential helpers. Also, take a look at our friends list (https://harem-battle.club/flower-knight-girl-dmm/4659-hbcs-dmm-subforum-friend-list.html) and feel free to add anyone, as that should be really helpful in clearing the missions.
Don't bother using ampies on any other girls than 6* (unless of course, you have a favorite :p). Sadly, even a fully ampied 5* can't do almost anything on the challenge maps you'll be facing in the end.
EDIT: By the way, don't worry about eventually getting your share of 6*. I'm a free2play player and soon I'll have a whole squad of 20 fully ampied 6*, without buying any FGs. I'm about 850+ days into the game though.

Personally, I think you shouldn't bother upgrading any normal equipment items. Reissued awards contain the event jewellery as well, so you'll have a lot of it to upgrade later on. Additionally, you can burn all the equipment you get from the gacha for Bond Crystals, which can in turn get you other goodies. You can do that in the last left side menu item, then clicking on the anvil button and choosing Bond Crystals.

Look through the exchange store, as there are some goodies there. You can get a really good 6* girl for a few different currencies, though I wouldn't use the harder-to-get ones for her.
The first tab contains the current event awards.
The second contains the reissued events awards.
The third exchanges your Life Crystals (at least I think that's what they were called) for a few different things. Personally, I don't use them haphazardly, but try to buy out the skill blooms and second affection hearts each time it resets. I believe there was also a gold gacha ticket there, so if you have enough, you could buy that.
The fourth is for Bond Crystals. Each reset I buy out the Commander Medals. If you burn enough equipment you'll have a lot of Bond Crystals, so this is to go-to place for exchanges that can be aquired by different currencies too (for example, the promo 5* girls you can see here - they are also on other tabs, but I suggest hunting for them here). This is a page worth clearing out, as you can also get ampies, ancient ampies, mini Sentys, forge spirits, second affection gifts and so on. Bond Crystals are also aquired by selling/fusing girls 3*+.
The fifth is for Commander Medals. I use it only for one thing - the 5*+ gacha tickets. That's because these amass slowly - it would be a waste to use them for anything else in my opinion.
The sixth is for Rainbow Medals. You can get these by rolling the gacha (any that costs you FGs) or using the 5*+ gacha tickets. The remaining amounts here do not reset, so I wouldn't be in a hurry to buy here. If you have a favorite 6*, I would stack these up for her, as you can get any 6* here, with a few rare exceptions.
The seventh is for FGs. This gets refreshed each new event - you can buy 2 skill and 2 equipment blooms for the current event girls, which is pretty handy if you manage to roll a rainbow. You can also get the previously mentioned 6* Kugaisou here, which I think may be the best place to get her (need confirmation from other players here). The ones with the blue outline are equipment blooms, the ones with the red outline are skill blooms by the way.
On the second page, the eight tab is for the emblems you get for completing the whaleship maps. These are a pain to farm until you're strong enough to repeatedly finish the hardest missions, but once you are you can get Seal Stones which allow you to get any 5* girl in that Stone's roster (currently either a gold girl from 2015 or from 2016). Skill blooms, blooming potions, second affection hearts, ampies and other prizes are easy to aquire here if you're at that stage. The equipment you can get here should be the lowest priority as it costs a ton.
The ninth page is for the emblems you get for clearing mainly Aqua Shadow maps. Similar to the previous tab, this is easy to clear out with each reset if you're strong enough for those maps.
The tenth tab is for the currency you get during the Niddhoggr event. The same as before - depending on your strength you could farm the currency and clear this out once that type of event rolls over.
The eleventh exchanges gold. Usually, I wouldn't bother with this one, as there are better ways to spend your gold. It may be handy if you're short on a blooming petal that simply doesn't want to drop from the mission though.
The twelfth is generally unusable, because as far as I know the currency is only aquired through promotions (at least I've never had any of it, even after clearing all the maps).
The thirteenth tab appears only if you have an unused Seal Stone - this is where you'll be able to choose the girl you want.

Once you unlock the garden, your first priority should be the golden flower pots. In addition to normal drops, such as stamina, gold and silver garden coins they can get you skill and equipment blooms for promo girls mentioned above. Once you have the pots, I wouldn't use gold to buy anything for the garden. The silver coins will be enough for that.

If any other advice comes to mind, I'll write more. :p

Myers
05-11-2019, 11:41 AM
Some differences from Nutaku
- Instead of a fast forward for cut-scenes, there is now a skip button.
- There is no auto-run like in Nutaku, there is a partial one though (Go to options and turn on the 3rd row, right column option).
- You can greatly reduce the time it takes to display buffs at the beginning of a battle (Go to options and turn on the 4th row, right column option).
- Stamina is not lost when you lose a subjugation or retreat from it.
- Nation missions no longer require you to have only girls from that nation, so they are significantly easier now.
- Every single girl has her CSQ and thus her Character Equipment.
- Every single girl with bloom art will also have her 2nd Scene as well as her 4th CSQ.
- Quest completion now stacks.
- The regular 80 stamina Secret Garden is much better, spinning tilers were removed so you can get 100% of the chests every time.
- The Bonus Stages spawned from the Phase 1 event stages give event currency, so farming in phase 1 is much easier.
- The event girl is always the reward for the beginner level mission of the event. You don't get her from the exchange shop.
- You get two copies of the event girl, one at 99% AFF, the other at 0. You can just sell the 0% AFF one since getting event skillblooms/dressblooms are easy.
- After an event it over and a new one has begun, the exchange is still open and you can get the things you've missed.
- You get party slots 7-12 for free without having to purchase them with Flower Gems.
- You get 300 character slots by default.
- DMM has a significantly better warehouse that basically works as infinite storage, items stack. No need to keep things in your giftbox for long periods of time anymore.
- You can have multiple assistant leaders that can appear on your Home.
- You can forge 20 year old Manyus into 100 year old Manyus (3:1).
- You can forge Bloom Dragons, lower rarity dragons to higher rarity dragons and vice versa.
- You get a lot more premium tickets.
- There are a lot more ally slots than Nutaku.
- Since there are way more players, there will always be a bunch of Raid Bosses available to hit.
- Manyu Keys are a consumable item that spawns stages that drop a specific type of Manyu, of your choice. They cost 0 stamina and give a large amount of EXP.

New Features
- There are two story missions now.
- There are quiz stages, which are temporary but aren't limited time. Meaning if you don't do them now, they'll come back later.
- Aqua Shadow Missions. (https://flowerknight.fandom.com/wiki/Aqua_Shadow) They reward much more Honour medals that Concept maps.
- DMM has a feature called Stamina Cut. A certain amount of missions have a 30% cut of stamina. You can check the wikia homepage to know which missions are currently cut.
- There is a new material called Centy. They allow a level 80 rainbow to have her max level increase by 5 (Can happen 4 times for a maximum level of 100).
- There are also Petite Centies, which are easier to get. 100 can be forged to create a Centy.
- There are High Amplues. They're pretty hard to get and can be used to get a max Ampied girl even more stats (+3000/+400/+100).
- There are Garden Coins, which are grey coins with a pot on them. Use these to buy items in the garden instead of regular coins.
- There are a few new exchanges: Flower Gem Exchange, Coin Exchange, Flower Medal Exchange. Flower Medals are only acquired from a Nidhogg event, so don't worry about them.
- There are things called Seal Stones, they will have a number on them ('15, '16', '17, '18). It's basically a 5* ticket that can be used to get a 5* released from that year. You can use them in the exchange if you own. They also never expire.
- There are now Date Scenes that you get when you reach 100% affection with a girl. On the All Agesversion this is what you get instead of H Scene, On the 18+ version, you can view both in the Office page.
- Rarity Growth (https://flowerknight.fandom.com/wiki/Rarity_Growth)
- Instead of just being able to use one filter, you can use a combination of filters.

Unregistered
05-11-2019, 11:49 AM
Thank you! That's very helpful.

Here's my experience so far:

Damn, I've forgotten half the kanji and I can barely tell what's going on. Time to set opacity to 100% and fire up KanjiTomo. Oh well, at least I remember more or less what each page does.

Hmm... they gave me 500 FG right off the bat!? I have heard the DMM version was more generous, but that's ridiculously generous. Let's head to premium gacha and pull me a team. Oh, I see what's going on. Well, played, DMM, well played.

There are actually multiple raid bosses? Even when it's midnight in Japan?

Wait, you get two copies of the event girl and one of them is at 99 affection? What is this strange place?

They stack the manjus on the upgrade screen! When I think back on all the times I scrolled through pages of characters on Nutaku, I think I'm going to cry.

Daily quests done count towards future requirements. I can actually realistically do the event quests for raid bosses. On Nutaku I was like, "Fair treatment of players? What is that? Is it tasty?" Now I can say that yes, yes it is. It tastes delicious.

Volarmis
05-11-2019, 11:53 AM
Yeah, the 0% and 99% affection event girl reward has been here for a while, ever since an error where all the players were supposed to get a 99% affection girl, but some got a 0% one.
DMM then distributed a copy of the girl to everyone to even things out, along with a few FGs for the trouble.
That's how they handle compensations. :p

phob
05-11-2019, 12:13 PM
One is for collection and one is for RG!:grin:
in theory everyone is a rainbow here:silly:

Just start by blooming 16 gold or better of each color. Event girls are fine. Then start running whale to get the free tickets and the good equipment.
Recommend saving stones to RG Rainbow Rose as she will come around again to acquire and it will help greatly to have the mats ready
When the rare Tokubetsu Mission comes around, stock up on mats for a year!

Edit : and buy the 90 FS rainbow Kugaisou. She is good.

Unregistered
05-11-2019, 12:54 PM
The game remembers volume settings! Really, playing a game that works is the best, after all.

phob
05-11-2019, 01:08 PM
The game remembers volume settings! Really, playing a game that works is the best, after all.

I really wish they screwed up more because they give so much comp when they do:grin:
We all ought to get rich when they do the HTML5 conversion:rofl:

Volarmis
05-11-2019, 01:11 PM
Damn, I've forgotten half the kanji and I can barely tell what's going on. Time to set opacity to 100% and fire up KanjiTomo. Oh well, at least I remember more or less what each page does.

Ok, KanjiTomo. I did not know such a program existed.
That will surely help with the translations, thanks. :D
Written Japanese is a bit of a headache, as you can know over a thousand kanji, but if an unfamiliar one appears, the whole sentence's meaning may be different than you predict.

Unregistered
05-11-2019, 01:57 PM
Serial codes actually exist on DMM:
PC7LDNCACCP5ARBB for the banner with several 4*s (this one expires eventually)
97W9LX9GDXKR66RK for lv100 manyu set from TGS 2017
K1ZNDORKMLCFDALE for manyu from TGS 2015

Volarmis
05-11-2019, 02:14 PM
Oh yeah, there were those as well. If I find any of the old ones I'll write them down here.

By the way, recently there's been a trend in the gacha to give out a reward for rolling a specific number of times - just like the one right now on the 4th tab (a 11-roll gets you a `18 seal stone) or the 5th tab (22 rolls give you two Centies).
On each gacha, the top-right button on the banner lists the knights available in the gacha.

maotd
05-11-2019, 02:31 PM
The 18' 5* stone for a 50 FG roll is totally worth it for a new player. 50 FG are easy to get when you start and a free gold of your choosing (from 2018) is an excellent thing. Especially with all thoses good 5* last year (Hare's Ear, Pickerel Weed, Straw Flower, Pinkladies (Heavenly Flower's Young Lady)
<3, Worm Wood (Christmas)...).
2 Centies may be not usefull right now unless you already have a solid rainbow.

Unregistered
05-11-2019, 03:59 PM
Ok, KanjiTomo. I did not know such a program existed.
That will surely help with the translations, thanks. :D
Written Japanese is a bit of a headache, as you can know over a thousand kanji, but if an unfamiliar one appears, the whole sentence's meaning may be different than you predict.

Yeah, it's a godsend. Extremely useful for things like reading scanned light novels and playing games that allow you to pause the dialogue. Too bad it's in Java.

Knowing what the kanji means is only half a battle, unfortunately. For example, the Nutaku version translator has translated あの方 as "that way" when 方 is actually a very common polite word for person/people.

Serial codes actually exist on DMM:
PC7LDNCACCP5ARBB for the banner with several 4*s (this one expires eventually)
97W9LX9GDXKR66RK for lv100 manyu set from TGS 2017
K1ZNDORKMLCFDALE for manyu from TGS 2015

Not all heroes wear usernames.

The 18' 5* stone for a 50 FG roll is totally worth it for a new player. 50 FG are easy to get when you start and a free gold of your choosing (from 2018) is an excellent thing.

Those 0 stamina training camp missions sure helped. That's nearly 1/7th of a full premium pull right there.

Volarmis
05-11-2019, 04:17 PM
Yeah, it's a godsend. Extremely useful for things like reading scanned light novels and playing games that allow you to pause the dialogue. Too bad it's in Java.

Knowing what the kanji means is only half a battle, unfortunately. For example, the Nutaku version translator has translated あの方 as "that way" when 方 is actually a very common polite word for person/people.

Yup, hou/kata = direction/method/person as I've learned it. :)
I can't really remember the specific examples but I also had a few chuckles on such translations.

On a different note, as maotd mentioned her, Pinkladies (エノテラ) is a good pick for the '18 Seal Stone if you're looking for a great girl post-promotion.
Personally, I also like her suggestive character. :p

Unregistered
05-11-2019, 05:59 PM
On a different note, as maotd mentioned her, Pinkladies (エノテラ) is a good pick for the '18 Seal Stone if you're looking for a great girl post-promotion.
Personally, I also like her suggestive character. :p

Well, got the + '18 stone gacha and what do you know, I drew that creepy yandere girl Lavender. Don't know if it's bad luck or good luck.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. Any other suggestions for girls are welcome too, as I never bothered with anything like tactics on Nutaku, since you could roll over nearly any mission with pure strength.

I've got one '15 and one '16 ticket and so far my lineup consists of 6* Lavender, 5* Hare's Tail Grass (Halloween) (Nutaku Lagurus), 5* Himalayan Creeping Saxifrage (Nutaku Bergenia), 5* Pinkladies, and the new event wossname girl.

ShadwNinjaX
05-11-2019, 08:49 PM
For all those new people, I do feel it is important to let you know of another important difference between Nutaku and DMM: it's gacha. One thing I give Nutaku credit for, it's gacha was extremely friendly when I played it a few years ago. This gacha is not so much. It's not FGO bad, but there will be more than one occasion where you will experience multiple 50FG 11-pulls and not get a single gold. The positive side is that DMM gives FGs so much more than Nutaku ever did, so you have more chances to roll.

Also don't forget to look at the DMM Subforum Friend's List. A lot of us here have some pretty powerful teams that can help you power through some of the tougher event maps. When I started, a Jap player who was lvl 180 helped me like this. I'd be happy for my girls to help you out now too in paying it forward.

phob
05-11-2019, 10:41 PM
Well, got the + '18 stone gacha and what do you know, I drew that creepy yandere girl Lavender. Don't know if it's bad luck or good luck.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. Any other suggestions for girls are welcome too, as I never bothered with anything like tactics on Nutaku, since you could roll over nearly any mission with pure strength.

I've got one '15 and one '16 ticket and so far my lineup consists of 6* Lavender, 5* Hare's Tail Grass (Halloween) (Nutaku Lagurus), 5* Himalayan Creeping Saxifrage (Nutaku Bergenia), 5* Pinkladies, and the new event wossname girl.

Well '15 has Cymbidium recommended. I used her for a very long time until I got some 1.65 girls that were sufficient. May need her again someday never know Also Camellia and Kale are good

Lavender is very good but is slow so you need some fast ones to balance out a team.

Volarmis
05-12-2019, 01:00 AM

If it was the gacha where you got the '18 stone, that means you drew the 6* Lavender, didn't you?
If so, that was lucky. :)
I don't know how long you've waited in Nutaku for your first rainbow, but getting one that early is something else.

maotd
05-12-2019, 01:39 AM
Congrats for 6* Lavender. Considering she is the one and only 6* in that 18' stone gacha (it's a special gacha for the new bloomed artworks for 6* Lavender, 5* Lady's Sorrel and 5* Clover and thoses 3 are the only 6* and 5* in it), you are lucky.

For the 15' stone, you must go for Cymbidium. She is the most useful girl here wit her unique x2 skill activation turn 1.
For the 16' stone, you must pick Pink Miko (aka Dianthus (Miko) on Nutaku) (https://flowerknight.fandom.com/wiki/Pink_(World%27s_Flower_Shrine_Maiden)). She is the most powerful 5* in the game, better than some 6* when she is max equipement slots. Even now, she is still helping me on the hardests maps.

Unregistered
05-12-2019, 08:45 AM
If it was the gacha where you got the '18 stone, that means you drew the 6* Lavender, didn't you?
If so, that was lucky. :)
I don't know how long you've waited in Nutaku for your first rainbow, but getting one that early is something else.

I've never pulled a rainbow on Nutaku. The only rainbow girls I got (aside from the crappy one that everyone gets eventually) were from an apology exchange ticket and from FG step up gacha.

Congrats for 6* Lavender. Considering she is the one and only 6* in that 18' stone gacha (it's a special gacha for the new bloomed artworks for 6* Lavender, 5* Lady's Sorrel and 5* Clover and thoses 3 are the only 6* and 5* in it), you are lucky.

Well, at least there will be a ton of money saved on garbage disposal. Though, on the other hand, there's also the higher than average chance to get murdered in your sleep.

For the 15' stone, you must go for Cymbidium. She is the most useful girl here wit her unique x2 skill activation turn 1.
For the 16' stone, you must pick Pink Miko (aka Dianthus (Miko) on Nutaku). She is the most powerful 5* in the game, better than some 6* when she is max equipement slots. Even now, she is still helping me on the hardests maps.

Done and done. It's really a big help, all these suggestions. There's already a ton to learn while trying to make up for lost ground and while I'm not above doing some research myself, it's not like I want to get a PhD in FKG.

Unregistered
05-12-2019, 01:15 PM
Look through the exchange store, as there are some goodies there.
The twelth is generally unusable, because as far as I know the currency is only aquired through promotions (at least I've never had any of it, even after clearing all the maps).

I got a bunch of them starting out and more from the quest dungeon stages. At one point I had over 20, but I stupidly used 10 them in the gacha.

EpicFailLulz
05-12-2019, 01:27 PM
If you're referring to these tickets, they're for mobile users who does daily rolls only. Perhaps due to billing process being handled differently by ios appstore and google playstore, the daily 100 yen roll on DMM are increased to 120 yen. As a result, you're given 4 ticket pieces, which 20 pieces will allow you to convert into 1 full ticket to roll.

Unregistered
05-12-2019, 01:40 PM
Yes, those very same. I've no idea about mobile, but these are the reward for the first and last quest dungeon stages, and you can also use them to draw from the premium ticket gacha.

Unregistered
05-12-2019, 01:43 PM
Sorry, *quiz dungeon. Had a brain fart.

Volarmis
05-12-2019, 01:43 PM
I'm talking about the currency to get those.
The tickets themselves are the same ones we use in our little salt pacts once in a while. :p
Plus, I knew there must have been some spelling errors in that long post, thanks for accidentally pointing it out. :)

Unregistered
05-12-2019, 01:55 PM
Hmm... that's pretty confusing, as the tickets are what's shown in that store tab. I thought they _were_ the currency and DMM somehow worked differently.

Anyway, is the 3000 FG gacha worth it or should I save them for a better one?

maotd
05-12-2019, 02:18 PM
I think it's worth it for advanced players but not for new ones. You will get 2 centies if you roll it twice, allowing you to raise a 6* from lvl 80 to 90. But you ma not have a 6* to use them before a while. It's better to wait for a better gacha I guess.
Also, note that you can buy 60 Petite Centy (you need 100 Petite Centy to make 1 Centy) for 6 FG every event (every 2 weeks).

durrem
05-12-2019, 04:53 PM
I think it's worth it. You'll never regret having those two centies. Kinda like you will never regret saving your 500 life crystals a month for the rainbow skill bloom on Nutaku.

One thing to keep in mind, though, is you want to try to keep a buffer of 250(00) FGs, in case they have the gacha event where you get a guaranteed rainbow if you make 55 pulls. They've done this twice in the last year.

AgentFakku
05-12-2019, 05:13 PM
2nd Durrem on dat 2 Centy Gacha

do dat pull n save 'em

everything else is too fucking grindy 4 new playas

Volarmis
05-13-2019, 10:26 AM
Now that I think about it, I don't think we mentioned that the DMM version has a fully-functioning mobile version.
There are a few ways of getting ahold of it, but for me the easiest was by installing the DMM GAMES app on my mobile and downloading FKG through it.
The only thing I can think of that would be negative about the app is that it can start lagging really heavily in a longer run and needs to be restarted, but that's about it.

Unregistered
05-13-2019, 10:49 AM
Is it normal to constantly lack gold to upgrade girls? I don't remember gold ever being that tight on Nutaku. And that's after selling a bunch of equipment and extra characters too.

Volarmis
05-13-2019, 10:51 AM
It's normal in the beginning. You'll be getting a lot of gold from extra gold drop events in a while.
Also, equipment items are used way better by converting them to Bond Crystals in my opinion.

Unregistered
05-13-2019, 10:59 AM
How do you convert them to bond crystals?

Volarmis
05-13-2019, 11:01 AM
Click on the last menu item on the left, then the icon with the anvil and choose Bond Crystals.

maotd
05-13-2019, 11:05 AM
You are always short on gold on your first weeks. But quickly you will have more gold than you can even use.

You can turn equipement into Bond Crystal in the last tab of the main screen (the same tab than affection gift part). Then go on the mace and anvil part and search the bond crystal. It should be easy to do after that.

Unregistered
05-13-2019, 11:15 AM
Ah, that place seems much more useful here. What else should I reforge on a regular basis. I've been converting 5 year manyus to 20 year ones in order to save gold, but is there anything else to pay attention to? What about equipment seeds, for example?

Volarmis
05-13-2019, 11:57 AM
I never actually converted manyuus, since the ratio is off.
Exp-wise the 20-year old one is worth two and a bit of the 5-year one, but you need to exchange it for three.
But that's maybe because I decided to level all of my girls, no matter the rarity.

At the point I'm at, I still convert equipment into Bond Crystals.
I also convert the lowest equipment seeds into the middle ones and recently the middle ones into the high ones, but that's only because I have Bond Crystals to spare (the exchange ratio for Bond Crystals is better for mid-level equips, since you get a lot more of them).

If I'm lacking second affection presents I also exchange any presents I have too much of for them.

Once you get to the point of evolving personal equipment for the girls, the conversion of forge spirits into the ones without standard affinity will be needed.

EpicFailLulz
05-13-2019, 12:38 PM
Just a heads up that Nidhogg will be coming back next event, so new players will be swimming in gold as long as they're willing to spend their RB pts and farm during part 2 of the event as the shop will be fully stocked for them. Don't get overworked on farming everything though, the stock in the shop will accumulate upon each Nidhogg event with no expiration date.

Hopefully it will handle gold issue for new players for a few more months.

Unregistered
05-22-2019, 02:22 AM
Speaking of farming, what are the best Manyu farming spots in the DMM version?

Unregistered
05-22-2019, 02:41 AM
Speaking of farming, what are the best Manyu farming spots in the DMM version?

That secret garden off the main event is discounted. I don't think there's any cheaper right now.
Once your mains are built, and it slows down a bit for you, you'll be drowning in it

phob
05-27-2019, 03:57 AM
Back up the truck and get all your mats to build your whale team:grin:
The rare Tokubetsu Mission is here!
Last time was around Christmas so get everything you need while its here.

Unregistered
05-30-2019, 06:36 AM
So, I'm a bit confused what I should be prioritising. Is it the petals or is it the blooming birds that are harder to get normally? Also, should I be ignoring the special gardens that pop up in order to stock up as much as possible? I'm at 240 stamina now and it takes about 6 gardens to get a new level.

maotd
05-30-2019, 07:50 AM
Usually I do each stage the same number of time (like 10~20 each) to get as much stuff as possible. Use all your stamina potion on it if you want. It's almost the best way to use them (to other good stages to use them is Nidhogg phase 2 stages but at low level is near to impossible to get enough currency to clear the shop. But don't worry, shop refill just stack and you will be able to get everything some days).

If you have a lot of stamina potions, it's better to do secret gardens as they give Manyu and Life Crystals. If you need stamina free XP to level up, you can do Manyu Key stages for quicker level up and stamina refill.

Tomitain
05-30-2019, 11:38 AM
CSQ stages also seem decent for XP for the time being due to having a 30% discount on their stamina price. I managed to gain a few levels off of clearing the CSQs for the Knights in my active set of squads without using a stamina potion.

However, secret gardens don't show up after clearing a CSQ stage so the only rewards will be tier 1 gifts and 2* Knights. On the other hand there are quests tied into the number of CSQ stages you complete so picking up the earrings for every Knight you're using does more than give them small attack/defense bonuses.

phob
05-30-2019, 02:31 PM
CSQ stages also seem decent for XP for the time being due to having a 30% discount on their stamina price. I managed to gain a few levels off of clearing the CSQs for the Knights in my active set of squads without using a stamina potion.

However, secret gardens don't show up after clearing a CSQ stage so the only rewards will be tier 1 gifts and 2* Knights. On the other hand there are quests tied into the number of CSQ stages you complete so picking up the earrings for every Knight you're using does more than give them small attack/defense bonuses.

CSQ on sale is good.:grin:
I been leveling up some golds and doing CSQ that give the 2 FG rewards.
Some girls have bonus equip that give additional abilities
like Snowdrop gets guts:cool:.

Unregistered
05-30-2019, 06:41 PM
Some girls have bonus equip that give additional abilities
like Snowdrop gets guts:cool:.

That's a wiki error. It's only +atk and +def.

phob
05-30-2019, 07:18 PM
That's a wiki error. It's only +atk and +def.
That bites. Still like her though:grin:

Mozo
06-28-2019, 02:14 PM
Yesterday was my 150th day on DMM. I currently have 13 6* knights, having gotten my most recent - Trailing Abutilon (Athletic Meet) from the gacha that ended on the 26th of June. In nearly 3 years of playing on Nutaku, I managed to amass seven - and one near the very end of playing there.

DMM is interested in keeping its players engaged and realizes that happy players are also spending ones. They go out of their way to fix bugs and take care of their product and ensure that their players continuously have potential things to do, prizes to accumulate and/or shoot for. Nutaku... doesn't. (Didn't?) I wish I would have switched over even sooner so time and money expended there could have gone here instead.

Myers
06-28-2019, 03:40 PM
Yesterday was my 150th day on DMM. I currently have 13 6* knights, having gotten my most recent - Trailing Abutilon (Athletic Meet) from the gacha that ended on the 26th of June. In nearly 3 years of playing on Nutaku, I managed to amass seven - and one near the very end of playing there.

DMM is interested in keeping its players engaged and realizes that happy players are also spending ones. They go out of their way to fix bugs and take care of their product and ensure that their players continuously have potential things to do, prizes to accumulate and/or shoot for. Nutaku... doesn't. (Didn't?) I wish I would have switched over even sooner so time and money expended there could have gone here instead.

I know how you feel, I played Nutaku FKG for 2 years and had 5 rainbows (not including Alstroe). After playing DMM for 6.5 months, I now have 20 unique rainbows (not including Alstroe).

Tomitain
06-28-2019, 04:15 PM
I played Nutaku's version for the better part of three years (currently somewhere in the middle of the 106th set of daily rewards). While I don't have as many rainbows in the DMM version I figure it won't take nearly as long to catch up given that I've only been playing on DMM for about a month and a half and I already have four rainbows. Rarity growth is available for quite a few Knights and promotes them to 6* status so I'll have a fifth rainbow fairly soon.

Overall there are many improvements compared to the Nutaku version too:

- There are way more CSQs available to the point where pretty much every Knight that joins your forces has their special equipment and bloom quests available.
- You can claim multiple quests at the same time including quests in the same category.
- Evolution and leveling materials stack and are automatically put in storage so there's less chance of running out of space in your normal character/equipment pages.
- The various equipment/character buttons have graphics that help describe what each does (the equipment upgrade button has Nazuna working with a hammer and anvil, the Knight upgrade button has Manyus plastered on it, the evolution button has bloom dragons on it, etc).
- Knights that have multiple versions can swap their appearance between them if you have them in your army, so you could have your pick from Anemone's 8,235 versions if you happen to have all of them.
- Related to the above, some Knights have alternate appearances that are available even if you only have one of their versions (Cycla Menn, Anemone, June Bride Lotus, etc). Some of them are minor compared to others (Anemone as a maid vs. Nightshade without her mask on) but they're still there.
- There are frequently EXP, gold and/or stamina cost bonuses. The most recent one basically doubled gold output from stages, increased EXP rewards for most missions by 50% and reduced stamina requirements for most missions by 35%. So, for the most part you'd be getting double gold and twice as much EXP per stamina point spent.

Those are just the perks I could think of off of the top of my head.

phob
06-28-2019, 04:35 PM
Don't forget Rainbow Rose
When she comes, she's insta power that hits like a freight train.:grin:
They will hopefully make her available again via sealstone again before perm reissue time.
That's how I got her and she was expensive to RG without the dressblooms.
Even if you don't like her, you will need her in the toolbox to assist with the big stuff.
You will want to have the mats available.
Next up for me is China Root.

Unregistered
06-29-2019, 11:05 PM
New players might want to RG Hosta in the meantime. Her lack of crit is significant but she's more likely to attack twice than Rainbow Rose.

phob
06-30-2019, 02:10 AM
New players might want to RG Hosta in the meantime. Her lack of crit is significant but she's more likely to attack twice than Rainbow Rose.

So does Primrose
If you need some crit now and have the stones, take a look at Black Locust. She's sitting there calling your name:silly:

EpicFailLulz
06-30-2019, 09:09 AM
A new player probably have much better use of the RG stones than investing into a girl who offers nothing back to the party.
Rainbow rose is a special case simply because she is an all-in-one package that can carry the weight of 2-3 others, Hosta would not.

Just because a girl has act-again, it's not always a viable choice. (Besides, there are so many other single target act again RG candidates nowadays).
While I understand she's easy to get, general purpose crit buffers should be considered instead if you're just starting out. Otherwise, girls like Dendro Valentine/BB Easter/Hypericum Baseball/Statice and many others can be considered if you insist on having a single target girl with act-again buff.
Black Locust mentioned above is great too, if you don't mind shelling out 615 stones. Bonus point if you RG her base and reskin her to bride. :squint:

AgentFakku
06-30-2019, 02:25 PM
Im da only one who has moar Nutaku rainbows than DMM rainbows - my luck is bad LOL
https://i.imgur.com/2D5fmOm.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/pMIhBSu.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/PupCt5B.png
I just use Rarity Pimp to make up for it LOL

kuresuta
07-01-2019, 12:58 AM
Just drew my first Rainbow today... on Nutaku... after two years. Better late than never, I guess.

phob
07-01-2019, 01:33 AM
I am thinking that they may unlock all the girls before they shut it down for good
Its pretty sparse over there

kuresuta
07-01-2019, 06:41 PM
Are the 5* promo girls you can buy from the exchange actually any good? Their stats seem awfully low.

Myers
07-01-2019, 06:53 PM
Are the 5* promo girls you can buy from the exchange actually any good? Their stats seem awfully low.

Nah they're quite bad, they're like event girls basically. Even worse is that none of them have Rarity Growth. They're just their to buy if you really like the look of any of them. If you do buy them, buy them with bond crystals and not d medals. You can get their skillblooms/dressblooms from special garden pots.

kuresuta
07-02-2019, 10:12 AM
Yeah, I've gradually been replacing the regular pots in the garden with golden ones by using the silver currency that slowly accumulates. That's the reason I started wondering about these characters, as I noticed I have gotten quite a lot of skillblooms and dressblooms for them. They actually seem worse than event characters, as there are some event girls that have rare abilities, like Dipladenia, or are useful for the whaleship.