PDA

View Full Version : Otogi Frontier General Discussion + Q&A

Laventale
09-17-2019, 01:21 AM
Game is now live on both DMM and Nutaku platforms. Any questions that can be easily answered go here.

DMM Otogi: http://pc-play.games.dmm.co.jp/play/otogi_f_r_en/
Nutaku Otogi: https://www.nutaku.net/games/otogi-frontier-r/play/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/GlobalOtogi/

sanahtlig
09-17-2019, 06:34 PM
I gave this a try. Production values are good, but this seems too similar to other games I've played to hold my interest, both gameplay and story-wise. I continue to be amazed that after years of optimization, they still can't manage to get these games to run on a high-end gaming PC on high-speed broadband without frequent load screens and/or lag in the menus.

Unregistered
09-17-2019, 06:40 PM
I continue to be amazed that after years of optimization, they still can't manage to get these games to run on a high-end gaming PC on high-speed broadband without frequent load screens and/or lag in the menus.

Your equipment isn't the long pole in the tent...it's their programming ability.

Unregistered
09-18-2019, 05:31 PM
Is it all censored? WTF, Nutaku?

sanahtlig
09-18-2019, 06:33 PM
The DMM version has to be mosaiced since (presumably) it's operated on Japan-based servers. To minimize overhead (and to not give Nutaku a competitive edge), they'd want to make the DMM and Nutaku versions identical, meaning the Nutaku version would need to be mosaiced also.

Laventale
09-18-2019, 08:23 PM
The DMM version has to be mosaiced since (presumably) it's operated on Japan-based servers. To minimize overhead (and to not give Nutaku a competitive edge), they'd want to make the DMM and Nutaku versions identical, meaning the Nutaku version would need to be mosaiced also.

Even though Nutaku has the edge because DMM UI is shit.

NixAvernal
09-19-2019, 02:01 AM
Probably won't be throwing money into this game (even though I really want Princess Cinder).

Just asking though, does this game look like it's 4* friendly or do you need all 5*s

Unregistered
09-19-2019, 03:16 AM
It'll want 5* teams but the gacha rates are higher than similar games and you don't need dupes to max out a character. The devs have also given hundreds of guaranteed 5* tickets to everyone over the past two years. People spend money to get the newest ones or choose-a-rainbow stuff.

Unregistered
09-19-2019, 05:47 AM
I play since yesterday and got a lot of 4*and 5*for free so i guess its f2p friendly.

ps: i got 5* recipes but a few have no descriptions is this a bug or a they not translated yet.

Unregistered
09-19-2019, 06:33 AM
ps: i got 5* recipes but a few have no descriptions is this a bug or a they not translated yet.

Bug. Those recipes are from future events, some more than a year away.

Laventale
09-19-2019, 12:32 PM
I play since yesterday and got a lot of 4*and 5*for free so i guess its f2p friendly.

Bug. But some of the recipes show their final item name when you gather all the materials.

Tom80
09-19-2019, 03:52 PM

I can understand that way of thinking and I'm fine with it.
I'm not fine with the point that the preview of the game (selecting the game in the games section BEFORE you played it at all (e.g. screenshots)) showed uncensored pics and the game is not.
That's highly misleading for every potential player out there.

And yes I'm a perv. ^^

Unregistered
09-19-2019, 05:19 PM
Anyone got some sort of ranking for those who want to reroll for 5*s?

sanahtlig
09-19-2019, 08:11 PM
I can understand that way of thinking and I'm fine with it.
I'm not fine with the point that the preview of the game (selecting the game in the games section BEFORE you played it at all (e.g. screenshots)) showed uncensored pics and the game is not.
That's highly misleading for every potential player out there.
Sounds like a miscommunication between the management team and Nutaku. At some point, the game was probably planned to be unmosaiced. It's also possible that Nutaku's version is supposed to be unmosaiced, but that seems less likely. You could try complaining and see if anything happens, but I'm guessing DMM and Nutaku will just point fingers at each other (and not do anything) or just ignore you.

Kitty
09-20-2019, 12:29 PM
Seems like an interesting bunch of girl designs, but not the type of game for me~ Just started there to see if I can find any cuties from gacha and LMAO I did. She looks like me, just... bigger... anyway, I'm going to call her fivehead. I'm guessing 5* is the highest? or 6*?
https://i.imgur.com/1tPq6J0.png

Unregistered
09-20-2019, 03:03 PM
yep game is very generous i got five 5* and a lot of 4* for free.

This 5* have i gotten Alice,Vermelio,Tinkerbell,Magaretta and Hansel :)

Bruceski
09-20-2019, 07:59 PM
I'm getting constant "the date has changed" pop-ups. Anyone else?

Eliont
09-20-2019, 08:36 PM
Yes, known bug. Just don't use this re-attempt button.

Bruceski
09-20-2019, 09:15 PM
Yes, known bug. Just don't use this re-attempt button.

Noted. Thanks.

Unregistered
09-20-2019, 11:50 PM
I'm getting constant "the date has changed" pop-ups. Anyone else?

I get that every time I log in between midnight UTC and midnight local time.

Bruceski
09-21-2019, 06:45 PM
What about the top materials daily freezing up when completed, is that clock-related, game-related, or just my system being weird?

Unregistered
09-22-2019, 03:09 AM
Since Sky Temple tickets reset along with the weeklies, today's the time to use them. You will get wrecked by the bosses but getting something is better than nothing.

Unregistered
09-22-2019, 06:46 AM
Not a time issue. My best guess is that it freezes when its giving out stuff that it shouldn't give yet. I still see some new 3* equipment in my inventory after I restart it.

You receive one weapon and one accessory from every run and any extra gold chests can only be recipes but I've been getting one or zero recipes from runs with four gold chests.

Anyone have any Gemstones? After getting every 4* recipe from the 20AP map and running the 30 a bunch of times, I've yet to get any non-Rare ones.

Bruceski
09-22-2019, 10:34 AM
The max for 4* recipes seems to be 2 for each weapon and 4 accessories, because I just had an empty 20AP run. Where do I get 3* recipes?

Unregistered
09-23-2019, 02:51 AM
Hi is this a forum for DMM or Nutaku version and are both the same?

Unregistered
09-23-2019, 04:59 AM
Both English versions are run by the same devs on separate servers, but the game is the same.
I got teams on both servers now.

Thanks.How can i play on DMM?

Unregistered
09-23-2019, 05:29 AM
Leader Skills are not working at all.Gretel one is supposed to boost ATK but the dmg stays the same

Unregistered
09-23-2019, 06:18 AM
The max for 4* recipes seems to be 2 for each weapon and 4 accessories, because I just had an empty 20AP run. Where do I get 3* recipes?

Rank ups. There's two 3*s for each weapon type and you won't get the last recipe until rank 49.

Thanks.How can i play on DMM?

The link's in the OP. Just make an account.

Leader Skills are not working at all.Gretel one is supposed to boost ATK but the dmg stays the same

Spirits' Blessings are also missing.

NixAvernal
09-23-2019, 06:43 PM
Any kind of ranking list avaliable? Or just go with whoever?

Bruceski
09-23-2019, 09:07 PM
Any kind of ranking list avaliable? Or just go with whoever?

I'm not very happy with the fairy godmother (...Titania? Something like that) because she's magic-based so her basic attacks are very weak, but if I had better magic skills to give her that might change. Rapunzel's kinda in the same boat but she's equal in physical and magic attack and her default skill's good so she's in my "next to be bumped if someone great comes along" list but does well enough as the 5th on the team. I've been happy with all my physical attackers (Hansel, Gretel, Dorothy, and Snow White).

The beginning school gives you a bunch of evolution materials but not enough for a whole bunch of folks of the same element, so ideally you draw a variety of elements and can power them all up quickly. Other than that though I have not yet seen anything which has made me consider my team further than I already have.

Unregistered
09-24-2019, 12:07 AM
Does only the English version of Kamihime count for the collaboration on DMM?

Unregistered
09-24-2019, 05:46 PM
What should one do with 5* dupes (a Rapunzel in my case)? Just skill inherit or is there a reason to keep dupes?

Unregistered
09-24-2019, 10:33 PM
It depends on the skill. I'd rather have a copy of Cinderella's heal instead of maxing her asap for example.

Unregistered
09-25-2019, 02:28 AM
So we can only inherit the base skill? its not possible to extract advanced version?

Unregistered
09-25-2019, 03:04 AM
Which material rush stage drops special weapon orb?

Shimo
09-25-2019, 10:35 AM
Which material rush stage drops special weapon orb?

I found a special weapon orb on the black market for 20'000 gold

Unregistered
09-25-2019, 11:40 AM
I found a special weapon orb on the black market for 20'000 gold

Thanks! Man that thing is rare as f

Unregistered
10-01-2019, 08:37 PM
Was into this game at first but damn there are a lot of rape scenes for the girls. It wouldn't be as bad if it was a couple mixed in with all the generic scenes but almost half of the characters I have get raped. I'm not a vanilla only person but this is just unpleasant.

Along with how tedious the battles are, I just can't bring myself to play this anymore.
It's a bit of a shame since the art is nice and the Pre-reg/starter bonuses were pretty good.

Chrestomancy
10-02-2019, 09:40 AM
Not finding the rape-y scenes myself, although I've not watched them all yet. I maybe just got lucky? I may well follow you to the door though, the grind is ridiculous. Why am I grinding for small evolve stones when I'm sinking in medium and large ones?!?

I finally drew another 5* and... got a duplicate Dorothy. Any ideas what I should do with her? Seems like a waste to use her to evolve my Dorothy Prime (as it were). But I've already got more A class Magic Attack skills than I've got characters with A class Magic Attack slots, so that also seems like a waste. Level up Dorothy Prime's A class magic attack skill perhaps?

I was opening the "New Character Boosted" gacha, too. Seems like the Nutaku disease from Kamihime has spread. Or I'm just continuing my zero-luck spree from one game to the next.

Eliont
10-02-2019, 08:03 PM
I finally drew another 5* and... got a duplicate Dorothy. Any ideas what I should do with her?
Use her for last evo, it saves you 5 otogi stone. If last evo already done, then level up skill.

From discord:
11:55 AM] Azalea <3: Question: How should I effectively use my dupe unit skills?
A: Level-up first the original unit's skill to lvl 02 then use the dupe skills (for lvl 03), then add blue/pink fairy essences to reach a higher chance of success.
Lvl 01 > 02 = use green/blue fairy essences
Lvl 03 = use skill dupe
Lvl 04 = skill dupe + 2-4 blue fairy essences, or 5 pink fairy essences
Lvl 05 = 2x skill dupes + 2-3 blue fairy essences or pink fairy essence/s
Lvl 06 = 5x skill dupes/rainbow fairy/test your luck

Chrestomancy
10-03-2019, 09:19 AM
Thanks Eliont. I've not done final evo yet, so I guess that's the best plan. Plus side, that should mean all 4 of my starting 5* characters will be on their final evolve by the end of the week (I've already advanced 2, and have 4 stones in stock right now)

Thanks also for the levelling advice. I've picked up tons of green fairy essences I've been using them on every level 1 skill in use, 5 of them give a 50% chance so it's roughly 10 per. It's because the "BP" quests - last week scarecrow, this week witch - give 1 green per most times. When trying to complete 20 lvl 60 and 20 lvl 80 that's a lot of fairies.

Chrestomancy
10-16-2019, 03:58 AM
Having watched some more scenes, I can see what unregistered means. Also on Beast One A, I got to 99500, which for those who don't care, is one fight (out of over 50) off completing the rewards list. Game repeatedly crashed, and I'd hit start battle before the timer ran out, but it bounced me back. So I lost a FLB 5*, I'm tired and grumpy because staying up late to complete but basically wasted hours for no reward (do these quests recycle? I'm guessing no). As my rewards in KH showed up now that's probably my last day on this game.

As I'm the only person still posting on this forum so I'm talking to myself I know, but wanted to vent.

Unregistered
10-16-2019, 09:24 AM
There should be a re-issue where they add an extra evolution and weapon upgrade for her in the rewards.

hyugaricdeau
10-19-2019, 05:26 PM
I hope I'm not too late to this forum. The game is fun enough, albeit extremely grindy. Just a matter of managing resources much like KH. I wonder how long I will last playing both KH and this, but right now I'm running at a decent pace and hopefully can contribute to some discussion.

Unregistered
10-22-2019, 11:19 AM
Some kind of priority object list, so that event exchange items could be exchanged for 'optimal' outcome.

( Weapons, Keys, Gacha, Snails, SKills, which should be prioritized)

Unregistered
10-22-2019, 03:51 PM
Some kind of priority object list, so that event exchange items could be exchanged for 'optimal' outcome.

( Weapons, Keys, Gacha, Snails, SKills, which should be prioritized)

Any sort of unique equipment and skills should obviously be prioritized along with tickets. Otogi Stones will always be useful. The generic stuff should only be farmed for if you have a specific need.

Note that the bosses of map events like the current sake one drop recipes or rare skills.

Unregistered
12-28-2019, 03:36 AM
No events, no gacha, no sales until the devs come back from vacation. The English devs must hate money.

Eliont
03-08-2020, 09:26 AM
Service termination "Long-term maintenance" starts on March 19, 2020.