PDA

View Full Version : Otogi frontier R

Smith009
09-18-2019, 11:58 AM
does anyone know if the game has a future? I want to try xd

TiamatRoar
09-18-2019, 05:23 PM
I wish I knew. What with all these limited time offers up, it's so hard to bring myself to dedicate money and/or time to a Nutaku game when I'm worried it could close at any moment.

Looks like the DMM version went up at the same time. Well, beats Nutaku taking up a game that just CLOSED on DMM like they sometimes do I guess.

This game has its own dedicated forum here at harem-battle by the way so you should probably post there for most topics related to this game.

Unregistered
09-18-2019, 06:33 PM
For me, no censored game has any future.

Yamemai
09-18-2019, 10:34 PM
From what I've played (around 2 days, so 4-ish hours?), I don't think it does.

Reasons:
1. If you do the academy, you'll be able to max out at least one 5* unit. -- This seems good, but there is no sense of progression with this, thus all you're really doing is grinding to upgrade and unlock CG.
- I would recommend doing so after you spend all your tickets, cuz I got around 2~3 5*s out of the 28(?) pre-reg 3* or higher one, and it gives a buttload of exp, while being relatively easy.

2+3. The gacha is terribly done; you can only roll for one at a time for the most part, which can be annoying. There's even an option to roll for 10x on the normal one (which you can only do 15 times a day), as well as using Nutaku gold, which costs around 2500 or 5000, which is an insane price, imo, but other than those, nope, you gotta roll it one at a time.

4. Some of the features seem to be missing; like I don't know where to use the BP it displays, or how to get more tickets, and some other stuff. -- It might have to do with Key quests.... which you get one of every day, didn't pay attention to if it was random.

5. It's very limiting:
A. You can only roll 15 (1 10x, and 5 1x) 'normal' rolls each day, and I don't know how/where/if we get extra gacha tickets.
B. The items are ranked, and you need to collect recipes to learn how to make them. Highest rank you can easily collect is 3*, from a daily which was going on yesterday, Material Rush. In order to upgrade them, you need to collect materials, and know the recipe, which is the problem, cuz it seems the only time you can is during the daily quest (at least for the 3* one), that changes every day.
C. Not to mention how it costs 30 AP to run the highest one, and I'm at level 21 giving me 75 max AP, aka 3 runs if I'm capped, and spend 25 minutes of waiting after I used some. -- AP refreshes every 5 minutes.
D. There is this Key quest thing, where you spend 1 or 3 keys to collect stuff from it, but I'm not too sure how to get keys, besides doing the daily, and weekly maybe (finished them all and didn't pay attention to the rewards), missions; problem is, you only get 1 key from the daily; not sure about the weekly nor if it's a random key or not. Tack on that there are like 10-ish 'maps', and you got problems.

TL;DR: There isn't really any game mechanics/play involves, so people will only spend NG on it to get units, to unlock CG, which someone is probably just going to rip = Game isn't profitable = Nutaku shuts it down. Meaning, it's alright if you're looking for something casual, or time wasting, otherwise don't bother with it.

The game itself is alright, cuz you can obtain the premium currency daily, it only takes around 500 to roll the premium one 10x, and the 1st topic in the spoiler, along with how you only need to obtain one of each, to max it. -- Btw, anyone know the difference between evolving using mats vs using dups? Or is it just ease of access / a waste due to needing them for skill inheritances?

PS. There are also some crashes, like when I was doing that Material Rush daily quest, after I finish it, the game hangs instead of going to the reward screen (seems like the only one so far)..

Arkinum
09-19-2019, 10:30 AM
This game isn't all that interesting and has nothing new to bring to the table. The story is your typical unimaginative fuck to save the "world" plot.

It also has NTR/rape in, from what I can tell, about half of the erotic scenes. I don't particularly hate the rape part, but it's too focused on NTRing the MC. If the theme was more like Rance then it would be a different story.

Suffice to say, I'm really not interested in grinding for hours to unlock scenes where my avatar has his woman defiled or gets NTRed. Not my cup of tea.

Some of the scenes are (mosaic) censored too.

Eliont
09-19-2019, 12:37 PM
I wonder if we get Purity scene. Slightly remind me Fia from Amaiyu Castle Meister.
In some games (Aigis, DraPro, XOverd, Senshi Revenge) assistant characters appear in form of unit or at least as scene in gallery.

Unregistered
09-24-2019, 05:55 AM
later on purity becomes a playable unit with 2 forms beyond her normal one and obviously scenes.

Sin registrado
05-17-2020, 08:50 PM
the game has a lot of "NTR" and sometimes the protagonist gets them up but the hentai story is not understood is the same as "kamijime proyct" although I don't know if it is NTR it may be the protagonist's imagination

but the Japanese like the NTR.