PDA

View Full Version : Is it hard for F2P to make it to at least Top 1000 in event rankings?

DragonSR
01-05-2016, 03:13 PM
Ok, so Elite Guard 5 just ended and I managed to get to top 500 in ranking. I was able to do this by saving up items from previous events. Not to mention I'm lv62 with 800+ SED. I really don't spend any money on this game beside one per day e gacha tickets for $1. Soooooooooooooo, do you guys think it's possible or Nah?

Tomaa
01-05-2016, 03:47 PM
Certainly, there are people here who do that

Kotono
01-05-2016, 03:55 PM
When I try, I can rank high enough in every event. I can even complete Gambit collection to 50k. All for free.
However, for me it simply isn't worth the time investment. But it can be done.
I don't even bother with gambit any more, but EG is still very easy to get high ranking even with barely trying.

Opalia24
01-05-2016, 03:58 PM
I newer spend anything money on PeroPero and got to top 250.
F2P can get most girls if they are very active.

DragonSR
01-05-2016, 04:16 PM
I agree. I'm very active myself so I end up doing well anyway.

JSensei
01-05-2016, 04:36 PM
I'm F2P and got top 500, top 500 in support, and over 200 SEGs. I've not even been playing THAT long. Still have about as many half puddings as I had when I started, though I burned a lot of full puddings.

ilesliex3
01-07-2016, 02:06 AM
F2P here and pretty easy if u been playing for a long time, if u just started it might take a while.

chillinfar
01-07-2016, 12:46 PM
Unless Nutaku want to cut ranking to top 100 (as did at 3rd perocolo).

Funny fact, they fooled cash users on the way to control grinding (i.e, the Event Gacha fiasco, cut on rankings...). Better idea was releasing stages and encourage free players to rush (making less useful to stay at lower areas and restore value of peronamin).

Now events are unbalanced for any potential casher (unless they are whaling or lucky with cards), but stages are shitty. And the worst is starting to come (perocolo and their SED tricked cards).

darkeleon
01-07-2016, 01:31 PM
it very easy in elite guard type if you are a old player with over 500 sed and have save up some event ticket, but gambit and coliseum type don´t
in coliseum the sr prize go to top 100 or 150 i don´t remenber well <,< but it have the free coliseum gacha box with 2 sr & other stuff and 1 event ticket for streak win:cool:that you should save to the elite guard
gambit is a bullshit to milk money from players ,it give 1 sr if you are lucky with silver box ¬¬

chillinfar
01-07-2016, 01:40 PM
last gambit was bullshit for EVERYONE, specially paying players (golden boxes was a scam, dropping pink stuff)

Vic47
01-07-2016, 05:19 PM
Well, i wrote that alot of times already, and people above just wrote that too - it mostly depends on the type of teh event and particular Event.
I have no idea how you guys manage to get high rankings without wpending anything and not even playing too much...
I'm total f2p, a maniacal homestuck otaku that spends all his life on games, and can spend up to 30-35 hours contunuously with no sleep, playing some game during the time-limited event, if i get addicted to some online f2p game. Right now my top-addiction is PPS. So, during the last Gambit i'v played it from day one (night one to me, since i live in Russia and in PPS daily quests reset on 02:00 AM and daily login bonuses are given out at 03:00 AM), skipped sleep like 3 times during the Event, and always keept a laptop near me with PPS running on it, while i play different games, so i never waste any Stamina while it's full.
Even trying that hard, the last Gambit only gave me about 30k Stamps, no matter i always picked N SECs right after they bacame available, ant levelled them up to lvl 100 before doing any rolls, so all the Stamps i get had bnus from Slayers, and i even got one R Slayer during the Stage 2 of the event. So, with new "no glasses" rule i had absolutely no chance to get 50k Stamps reward SR, And for the rating - i only cared for the EP rating and failed to kepp up in top 1k to the end of the Event, even by burning all "temporary consumables" at the last day of event (i managed to make it into 1k, but just had to go to sleep after another 30+ hours play session when i was around Rank 900 and there was a few more hours before the event end. - of course, when i woke up the event was over and i was rank 1073. Almost the same crap happened to me few more events before that, but those times it was my fault, since i didn't yet knew how Events work and what is the Time Difference (som for example, i once thought i have sevral more hours - almost half a day, actually - until the event's end, and was just about to reach the required stats to get the reward, and had more than enough temporary consumables toachieve that, but then suddenly it turned out that event ended much earlier than i expected, leaving me with no reward (and once i even won and SR card before the event has ended, but forgot to take it out the GiftBox before the even't end, and after the Maint. on Event's end it was gone, so i never obtained it.
While, of course, having around 700, or 450 SED that i had before this event, when i used up all my accumulated R, SR and Ex Wildcards, lets me win all SRs that i want on most other Events - which, often, require getting in that 1k main even't rating...

Unregistered
01-07-2016, 06:58 PM
I don't understand how you have such issues with the Gambit, especially with those levels of activity. Of course Coli/EG are far more activity reliant since Focus restores faster than Stamina, but you should still be able to use that activity to open tons of pink boxes (and no, a couple of your friends having EA as friend does not lose you all your boxes). I'm around the same level as you so we should roughly have the same max stamina. During the Gambit I got so much value out of one peronamin (half) that I'd basically break even, so I could throw tons of peronamins at the event. Heck, even after going for a massive rush near the end as I was really close to a top 300 spot I ended up with more peronamin than I had at the start of the event. I ended with 100k+ stamps and all I had was one R slayer, so even without that it'd been easy. On top of that I barely played for 4 days due to circumstances, which was the main reason I actually had to spam consumables to get back into the top 300. Even at the Gambit before that, where I wasn't so lucky to get an early r slayer, I still easily got the 50k stamps and that was at a lot lower level, so less value out of peronamins. Although of course glasses were far more common at that Gambit, which obviously was a big factor for my 50k+ on that event.

chillinfar
01-07-2016, 07:25 PM
- some whales used macros on gambit
- To counter that you have two choices: a smurf account and/or cash to get silver/golden keys. Last gambit turned shit bounty from golden boxes (an epic FAIL), like 12-13 contacts abandoned PPS after that gambit :S .
- the event gacha fiasco, which was finally "fixed" at last Elite Guard (N cards on deck, 4th was worse because they put a discontinued N card)

Vic47
01-08-2016, 05:36 AM
I have no idea how you, Guest, managed to get that. Maybe my mistake was my greed that won't allow me to spend more than like 1-2 'namins a day, and only temporary ones, but i told you how it was for me - several sleepless nights, and still, exactly TWICE less Stamps than required to get the 50k Stamsps SR girl until like 3 days left to the Gambit' end, when i finally got the Beta R Slayer that helped me get another 13k during those few days - that changed really nothing. I was able to get 50k pretty much as easy as you did, but that was during Haloween Gambit, when there was a shitton of Glasses. And mocro-users were not the issue - Gold boxes gave trash rewards, almost like the Pink ones - only Silver boxes were more or less valuable, since they gave SR girl and Radars (which were also quite rare this time - though they dropped at least sometimes). I also NEVER saw a 300 Stamps gold card on Stamp Chance this time - but instead, sometimes saw 2 or even 3 NO STAMPS (bloack and torn) card. - and mostly got either it or 5 stamps cards on Stamp Chance (my best luck were few 50 Stamps cards a day). Not no mention i reached location 100 like 2 days after the beginning of Phase 2 and barely made it to Phase 200 on the last day of Gambit (not really was i sure if i'll be able to unlock the last Story chapter this time) - and i also noticed that very many locations had only one or two O "doors" on the Choice of Fate, while most of them had X and on some locations they just won't increase their number, until i chose the wrong one like 5 times or more - while on the Haloween Gambit i clearly remember their number increased every time i chose the wrong one, by one, and some people even say this time some locations took 8 rolls to get to the Choice of Fate, instead of 7, like they all had during the Haloween Gambit. So this Gambit was a f***ing camel's spit in the face from the Devs to me. I even wanted to quit PPS after that bullshit, and wasted al my wild cards, R gacha tickets and most card reveals i've accumulated throughout the months i've played PPS and saved them, but i was lucky enough to win both Christmas Limited SR's on R Gacha pretty easily, so i've chilled up a little and decided to stay and at least unlock the next Elite Guard Movies first...
Oh, and yes, i'm not that crazy on those pink boxes, to sit there and click the page every bloody second like a goddamn macro, so the fact my laptop runs PPS all the time i'm awake and let's me control the Stamina regen process on the fly doesn't mean i hunt pink boxes all the time - i only used to check for them once in a while - maybe, once or twice per hour, when i torned to PPS to use the accumulated Focus and Stamina - that's why i say macro users just don't leave me a chance to get anything from Pink boxes - i just can't catch almost any box because they won't last for even 5 minutes so i could get some when i go and check for them. And i am not that fast as marco's are - there were times i tried to open a box, and when i do, it suddenly says it was already opened, while my animations changed! While, most of the time, the box was a fresh spawn, and had only like 1-3 seconds of it's lifetime passed! And don't forget, that those people who use macros can buy pretty much anything they want for themselves, while i can't afford donating for even a bloody 1 per day pack of consumables to simply match the requirements for the only card i want during the Event... Do you think that is fair? I don't That's why i' and some other people have to remove people they might not want to remove during Gambit Events. I mostly blame Nutaku, or whoever is in chare of balancing things on Nutaku's PPS - if only they's sell the bloody Pink CASES with the N Gacha Tickets, instad of those useless keys - everything would be just fine and vice versa - people would SHARE shitton of presents for their friends, and macro users would become charity instead of robbers - pretty much as they are performing during Elite Guard Events. But either it was only my bright idea, and Nutaku Support just ignored a free player's ticket as they always do in my case, because everybody else were "okay" with their silent support of what they do, or someone just decided that if few people are still willing to pay shitton of money to them, no matter what they do - it's fine, and "the spice must flow". They also could sell both cases and keys, so everybody could stock up on whatever they need the most, or both, but they never did that either. And they didn't even listened to me when i asked them to make those goddamned keys feedable to Kurito, or exchanged to something in the Trading Post, since i had almost "over 9000" of them and no way to use them.

soranokira
01-08-2016, 05:45 AM
on the other hand, I have no idea how you expect people to read walloftext.jpg.
learn to structure. and point form. or a tl;dr.

JSensei
01-08-2016, 09:01 AM
You can't feed pink keys to kurito because you get them for 'free.' You get a pink key with every N-Gacha ticket.

Sure, I didn't get to open as many pink boxes I'd care for, but the pink boxes were crap anyway. Do I REALLY need another 1000 pero? An N-Wild?

Pfft.

I'd rather that people opened my gold and silver boxes so that I can MAYBE get something decent. And radars were NOT rare. I have over 100 of them. So many, I fed some to Kurito just to try to get a good card or some glasses. It didn't work, but I got a 3SR Wild for my efforts.

Unregistered
01-08-2016, 10:27 AM
Free to Play here. I normal make it barely under 1000 on Elite guard events. This past one was the first time i killed 100 SEG, but only because the people on this form helped me kick inactive players from friend list and add them to the list. this helped me make it under 500 this time. I also had to save a bunch of gache event tickets up. I normal for some ungodly reason do really well in the gambits even the last one one that was bad 1st have i am always over 1000, but finishing around 700 to 900. I am also a very active player. So that is more likely the reason why, prince event never under 1000.

chillinfar
01-08-2016, 10:35 AM
You can't feed pink keys to kurito because you get them for 'free.' You get a pink key with every N-Gacha ticket.

Sure, I didn't get to open as many pink boxes I'd care for, but the pink boxes were crap anyway. Do I REALLY need another 1000 pero? An N-Wild?

Pfft.

I'd rather that people opened my gold and silver boxes so that I can MAYBE get something decent. And radars were NOT rare. I have over 100 of them. So many, I fed some to Kurito just to try to get a good card or some glasses. It didn't work, but I got a 3SR Wild for my efforts.

Now mind to invest cash to avoid macrofags and get better stuff, to get trash from those golden boxes.

Unregistered
01-08-2016, 11:03 AM
Holy wall of text indeed.

That aside, if you're not interested in continuously checking for pink boxes, why are you complaining that you don't get any? Do you expect nobody to look for them and then just open 20-30 boxes that are sitting there waiting for you every half hour? I went through a ton of keys myself, but I actively checked for boxes and yes that resulted in me often opening boxes 1-2 secs after they spawned. When I saw there were relatively new pink boxes I simply checked for a while to see if the person gets more. Of course it's nice to log in, see that one of your friends was active and left behind 10 pink boxes that nobody opened, but that happens very rarely. Even if macro users didn't exist you still actively have to compete for pink boxes with other non macro users.

As for selling pink cases with the Gachas instead of pink keys, that'd be completely pointless because then you'd sit on 300 cases, that last 4? hours and nobody has keys. That'd be even worse than the current situation. As for the box rewards, Gold boxes were indeed pretty bad except for 10x glasses, but I don't think radars were that much rarer than last time around, but that's just a gut feeling. Looking at your progress speed on stages though, I guess that's the issue. During the bonus stage you tend to get a lot more chance times and of course better rewards for correct answers on the choice of fate, thus a lot more stamps. I think I spent like half the event on the bonus stage, by using lots of peronamins to progress quickly and that massively increases the amount of stamps you get. Due to the rarity of glasses I also almost exclusively kept them for the choice of fates in the last few stages when you have only 1 correct answer.

khermeker
01-09-2016, 09:08 AM
Even trying that hard, the last Gambit only gave me about 30k Stamps, no matter i always picked N SECs right after they bacame available, ant levelled them up to lvl 100 before doing any rolls, so all the Stamps i get had bnus from Slayers, and i even got one R Slayer during the Stage 2 of the event. So, with new "no glasses" rule i had absolutely no chance to get 50k Stamps reward SR,
well you need plan your friends too for pero gambit...well i kinda fail 2 events ...the first one was seg...cause i was too new (2nd seg)... the other was 1st pero gambit cause didnt know much and make mistakes too many mistakes..... after it...i always get below 1k for card and the card on reward...yup all being complete f2p...

first and more important dont use peronamin or peropudding really those are too important to waste in go below 500 only use if needed to go for 1000 or event reward.

peronamin is very important for pero gambit so when get it...go to last floor in each part fast very fast i think took me 1 day on 1st period and 2 days in second period to get max floor, glasses are too important ...only use for pass 195-200 if get more well reduce number of floors ..... in last event were very important gold case i got thanks to friends like 30 glasses ...and i got 55k i could get a lot more stamps but i prefere conserve peronamin for other events now i have a lot for next perogambit.... last advice for perogambit dont use the pero radar until you get floor 200, and be last days ...if get pero glasses use pero radar and when you know that is 100% sure that get gold use glass, in that way you get 100*1.44 or 300*1.44 that helps a lot. basicly the first week is for get case the second week is for use what you get on first week.

Seg event, well peronamin is not so good either...actually dont use any peronamin you get keep for perogambit... peropudding is good for stay on top 1k use it for stay low in first week and in second week if you pass over 800. in first week forget help others...really is waste of SED ...remember 1 low attack is 10%-15%(not sure of 15% but sure of 10%) so that makes you get less points for kill all you spot cause you get 3* hp that will get you with high sed..(900sed at start end with 1.2M) below 500 place, in second week the objective is attack all super that appear so use peropudding to kill segs from friends have whales for event too important after get 100 for card take it easy and prepare for next event if all go well you end 800-900 place and got all cards of event.

current event pero colisseum....this is very lucky based but well dont use peropudding at start, is the best place to use it but peropudding dont have limit time the burger do. If have too free time just attack when you know that can win for me is rank 3...i lose 1 each 1000 fights so is very good for get the 300...after it count the number of wins before lose and use this rule rank*wins/(total fights )>rank-1 try next rank if next rank dont have it go below...that will max the tickets but will affect daily rewards ( its neccesary for get all cards).

basicly for all events is important collect items and never try go below 500 in ranking not worth ( in terms of get cards only worth for get SED ), peronamin and peropudding are using for get cards not for get good ranking, also as you see in all my strategies ..the last days are more important than first so dont waste items on that ...example glasses or radars...or more peronamin that needed for get ex floor in 1st period.

Unregistered
01-17-2016, 01:09 PM
Yes and no. If you have low sed due to being low level or damned unlucky at collecting cards then placing could be impossible for you. However Nutaku "level Pads" which makes it harder. http://puu.sh/mzi2N/0698c68d24.jpg This pic illustrates that. Notice that the levels from 750 to 753 are absent. so if you have 1 point less then the 749level you are still fucked.... it keeps winners out of the pool... shame really.

JSensei
01-17-2016, 01:50 PM
Yes and no. If you have low sed due to being low level or damned unlucky at collecting cards then placing could be impossible for you. However Nutaku "level Pads" which makes it harder. http://puu.sh/mzi2N/0698c68d24.jpg This pic illustrates that. Notice that the levels from 750 to 753 are absent. so if you have 1 point less then the 749level you are still fucked.... it keeps winners out of the pool... shame really.

That's not level padding. That's because there's a tie at 749. Three people have the same score.

I have 5 contestants. A, B, C, D, and E.

A scores 10 points
B scores 5 points
C scores 5 points
D scores 2 points
E scores 1 point

A comes in first
B and C tie for 2nd
D still comes in 4th (he has the 4th highest score)
E comes in 5th (also known as last)

3rd isn't skipped. There are just two people that have the second-highest score. Ranking is preserved. If you want to get to a higher ranking, you have to be the Xth highest scoring person or tie with the Xth highest scoring person.

khermeker
01-17-2016, 08:55 PM
That's not level padding. That's because there's a tie at 749. Three people have the same score.

I have 5 contestants. A, B, C, D, and E.

A scores 10 points
B scores 5 points
C scores 5 points
D scores 2 points
E scores 1 point

A comes in first
B and C tie for 2nd
D still comes in 4th (he has the 4th highest score)
E comes in 5th (also known as last)

3rd isn't skipped. There are just two people that have the second-highest score. Ranking is preserved. If you want to get to a higher ranking, you have to be the Xth highest scoring person or tie with the Xth highest scoring person.

question...i douobt will working on real game...but if all people go for get same rank 999 except all below 970 then all those 999 get the last reward of event?

JSensei
01-18-2016, 12:11 AM
question...i douobt will working on real game...but if all people go for get same rank 999 except all below 970 then all those 999 get the last reward of event?

In theory, yes. I'm sure there have been events where more than 1000 people ranked in the top 1000. It would just mean that two or three people tied for 999. If you're rank is 999th best (even if you tie for it) you are still 999th best. The rankings go from the top, not from the bottom.

ThermalGeeK
01-18-2016, 02:47 AM
its still hard cause it can just suddenly change on a whim, you have to keep going at it but its so so so much time you have to plunges in it to do it so you have to think if its worth t, and just dont stop, I slept and think I just lost it by less then 30 points D:

JSensei
01-18-2016, 10:50 AM
its still hard cause it can just suddenly change on a whim, you have to keep going at it but its so so so much time you have to plunges in it to do it so you have to think if its worth t, and just dont stop, I slept and think I just lost it by less then 30 points D:

This is true. Everyone makes a last push and burns their burgers/shakes and sometimes even puddings. If you're using burgers to stay in the top 1000, expect to fall out at the end. Most people in the top are in the top without touching consumables. Either that, or they have so many consumables they don't care.