PDA

View Full Version : For you other anime fans out there

Kotono
07-13-2015, 02:59 PM
So, I've been working on a side project for a few weeks now, and I'm ready to get some public feedback. This is an anime streaming website that I'm manually building, that has moved focus to only offering DVD/Blu-ray releases. I chose those mostly because they are easier to keep up with. For those that want the latest stuff as fast as possible, this website is not for you. I can't possibly keep up with the automated scripts many other sites use, or in some cases the outright larger staff. But I am determined to make a quality and speedy website for both desktop and mobile devices.

The site: http://animefortune.tv

Everything I have downloaded will be added over time, and by using scheduled posting so that you don't see an entire series of 12+ episodes when looking through the newest additions. I've moved from posting an episode every 5 days down to now scheduling them every 3 days. I also intend to place download links on all of the series posts.

Please tell me what I'm missing! I'm doing all the encoding myself, so if there is a lack of quality somewhere then I'd like to know about that too. What, if anything, am I missing on the website itself?

As the name suggests, when I originally bought the domain (like 6 months ago) I had planned to do the same thing as I'm doing here. Actually, this forum kind of replaced the one I had in mind for the anime website. But still, the idea was there to reward members for continuously coming back and participating on a public forum in things like episode discussions, in hopes of drawing as much attention as I could to the site.
I might still do it too. Kind of depends on if the user base appears, and ads are profitable enough.

Truthfully, I had though of extending this forum to incorporate the anime discussions as well. But I am entirely unsure if that would really be beneficial, considering the actual use for this forum to begin with. Even so, the option is there - and I could also do it so that the anime discussions are not visible from simply accessing this domain. I can make the forums for it only visible when accessing them from a provided link.

Ideas, anyone? :rolleyes:

Danex
07-13-2015, 03:29 PM
That's nice! And with perfect timing with my vacations, lol xD
I'll make time to watch anime from there, and tell my friends about it :3

Sounds quite interesting to combine stuff from your new site with the forum. It would demand some close watching to how the discussion evolves here, to make sure it doesn't turn into flooding or something else. Aside from that, seems like a really good thing to consider.

I can give my own feedback about the website design itself in the future, if you find that useful.

Tenhou
07-14-2015, 02:51 PM
Sounds interesting. Personally i don't really stream, i download the anime i want to watch. It is a nice idea however and i like the looks of the site. Neat and clean.

Xanthius
07-18-2015, 07:39 AM
I also don't stream much and with a short commute, don't use my mobile for watching things very often. That said, I do like the basic idea behind the site and having a place you wouldn't have to wade through broken links and such. Like Tenhou mentioned, I like the clean design of the site, its perfect for its purpose. Its something I would definitely use when I'm travelling or such at least.

I would say the biggest draw to it for me personally would be if you added more specials like you have up with NGNL. Unless the series was one of my tops for the season, I often let the BD/DVD specials slip by. With the long wait periods between releases and the fact that they rarely get parceled out on their own, its just usually a pain to keep track of them if it wasn't a series you were really invested in. It would be great to have more of them easily accessible on your site and I think is something that typical non-streamers would stream.

Kotono
07-18-2015, 11:03 AM
Yeah, more stuff is being added and I have quite a few specials that still need to get posted. But if I do that out of order then it causes thing to get a bit messed up on the series navigations. I may need a different way to present the specials.