Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    KamiPro Soul Guest

Post Which Legendary Spirit is the best?

I'm playing Kamihime Project for a while. Now I mostly understand all the mechanics of the game but I'm very much in a dilemma in choosing my 'LEGENDARY SPIRIT' Which legendary spirit should I release first? My choice is Arthur but I want expert advice in this matter. Tell me about your thoughts guys.

Credits
    Arthur: Sustained DPS
    Joan of Arc: Spike damage mitigation (especially against bosses)
    Andromeda: Endurance
    Solomon: Not recommended
    Siegfried: Burst DPS on bosses, useless on everything else. Very reliant on the Burst damage of her mainhand weapon.
    Mordred: Debuffer, best at damage smoothing and overcoming stronger enemies
    Dal'Tanian: Strong debuff extra skill and useful healing/attack-up skill, but limited choice of weapons means your Burst damage could suffer

Arthur, Andromeda, or Mordred are generally recommended as your first Legendary unlocks. If you lack healing in your group, pick Andromeda. If you like challenging harder difficulties while undergeared, pick Mordred. If you want a good all-rounder, pick Arthur.
    Last edited by sanahtlig; 03-05-2017 at 11:02 AM.

I don't see how picking Mordred will result in poor gear seeing that she wields swords and glaives, one of them being common in the game.

It's a shame that Solomon is particularly the weakest among Heroes. I really like her design. I really should get her when I got other Legendaries unlocked.
    Flower Knight Girl ID: 305847614(Please notify me if you want to FL request me)
    FL list: 31/31

Kamihime Project ID: 979936

Unregistered Guest
    No no, he doesn't mean picking Mordred will lead you to being undergeared. He means that while you're still undergeared, Mordred allows you to punch above your weight class.

Well, idk: D'Artagnan might be a good 1st pick, since it boosts your loot gain, which is king on events if you cant steamroll max difficulty. Plus nice debuff that is usefull in any situation, but yeah, if you dont have a good healer (Sol) then Andromeda will let you live a long and happy life on battlefield XD

Credits
    Or if you got urself an SSR weapon, pick the legendary heroes who can wield it.

Mordred and Andromeda are the two best for newbies by far, in my opinion. Mordred's skills are just so damn strong (puts every affliction on the game on a boss, plus a skill that reduces affliction resistance lol) since afflictions are overpowered and the most important thing to have for killing bosses.

Andromeda is just stupid good because if you can keep your team alive, they can win any fight no matter how tough eventually.

Arthur is a close second to them both, though, since the defense buffs are really strong against certain bosses that have oneshot potential against your team.

If you want Siegfried (to steal MVPs with) or D'art (to farm more items with) I'd suggest unlocking them second - unless you have a godly starting pool of kamis and not just an SR or two like me, you're gonna need a strong heroic soul to carry you through your initial fights.

---

Generally speaking though I don't suggest ANY damage soul to start with. You only need three things for the most difficult fights in the game - healing, afflictions, and buffs. Andro brings healing, Mordred brings afflictions, and IMO Arthur is the best for buffs/defense.

The damage from Sieg is uniquely bad because it only works on bosses that rage and then stun, so he's actually trash for running missions. That's also why Solomon is considered terrible - he offers nothing but mediocre damage and usually thats what you need the least to win fights.
    Last edited by VortexMagus; 03-05-2017 at 07:10 PM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by iykwim View Post
    Or if you got urself an SSR weapon, pick the legendary heroes who can wield it.
    Starting SSR weapon should be rather low on the list of priorities influencing hero decision. Your team element is going to be a more important factor influencing the choice of main-hand weapon. Likewise, choice of hero will be dependent on what capabilities your team is missing, especially healing and debuffs. Not to mention an active player will be accruing SSR weapons at a rate of 1 every 1.5 weeks anyway.

Another way to think of it is: which are more difficult to acquire, SSR weapons or the right combination of SR+ kamihime? The answer is the latter, and therefore that's what you need to build your team around.

Quote Originally Posted by sanahtlig View Post
    Starting SSR weapon should be rather low on the list of priorities influencing hero decision. Your team element is going to be a more important factor influencing the choice of main-hand weapon. Likewise, choice of hero will be dependent on what capabilities your team is missing, especially healing and debuffs. Not to mention an active player will be accruing SSR weapons at a rate of 1 every 1.5 weeks anyway.

Another way to think of it is: which are more difficult to acquire, SSR weapons or the right combination of SR+ kamihime? The answer is the latter, and therefore that's what you need to build your team around.
    Only 1.5 weeks? I only have 4 ssr weapons. Two dark glaives, one thunder sword, and a thunder hammer. Where oh where could my beautiful Amon be? Canoodling with others is my guess I didn't even have time to pick up Apoc, late start

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VortexMagus View Post
    Generally speaking though I don't suggest ANY damage soul to start with. You only need three things for the most difficult fights in the game - healing, afflictions, and buffs. Andro brings healing, Mordred brings afflictions, and IMO Arthur is the best for buffs/defense.

The damage from Sieg is uniquely bad because it only works on bosses that rage and then stun, so he's actually trash for running missions. That's also why Solomon is considered terrible - he offers nothing but mediocre damage and usually thats what you need the least to win fights.
    Few problems here:
    1. Arthur is purely offensive. She has no defensive skills.
    2. Offense wins fights, and that's why many fights have a minimum recommended attack power. Consider a common scenario: several waves of 3x trash mobs followed by a boss. Against trash, priority #1 is whittling down their numbers so you have 1-2 mobs hitting you instead of 3. Good offense = straight damage mitigation. Priority #2 is killing the last two before they get a painful overdrive skill off. Again, good offense mitigates damage. Against a formidable boss, your goal is to not let the boss get off an overdrive skill during rage, because those moves often do massive damage + buffs/debuffs. Ideally, that means being able to get the boss from 100% rage to stun in 1 round. Again, that requires strong offense.
    3. Defense without offense is risky. RNG is always your enemy because you can't anticipate it. 3 mobs alive means 3 chances for a triple attack, potentially on the same target. A triple attack from a powerful boss is almost always dangerous. Debuffs miss. The longer the fight drags on the greater the chance something will go wrong. Mordred is a good choice for sure, and Andromeda has Resurrection to recover from mishaps. But that just lowers the offensive bar a bit. Without sufficient offense you'll still lose, especially since healing is capped and damage is not.
    Last edited by sanahtlig; 03-05-2017 at 08:15 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast