Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How does the union event work?

Has anyone played the JP version or heard about how exactly the upcoming Union raid works, and how it's different from a normal event?
    There's speculation that when you open a raid, only others in your union can come to support. Also, how are the rewards distributed, is there personal rewards as well as union wide rewards?

Credits
    1. This union event chain features two bosses: a Lilum (started with AP) and a Demon (joined with BP).
    2. Rewards are granted based on 4 metrics: PP, Union PP, EX demon kills (Union), Ultimate demon kills (Union). Lilums award PP and Holy Crosses, which provide day-long buffs against demons to the Union. Demons award PP and kills. It's not clear what the rewards will be, but certainly one of the main attractions will be event soul points, which will be used to purchase the new souls.
    3. Each kill causes the demon to gain a level. Higher level demons are harder, but also award more PP. Demon levels reset each day, as do buffs from Holy Crosses.
    4. Getting all rewards will require 400 Ultimate demon kills by the union. That's about 60 kills a day. A well-geared player (one that can solo Advent Ragnaroks) can solo a mid-level demon in 10-15min with Holy Cross buffs. So racking up the required number of kills per day will require 10-15 man hours from a veteran player, or about 1 hour each from a union of 20 active players.
    Last edited by sanahtlig; 07-12-2017 at 10:55 PM.
    Magicami Starter Guide: Rerolling for Success
    Rerolling in Kamihime Project: How to get FREE SSR Kamihime
    Sanahtlig's Kamihime Project Toolbox: Includes damage calculators and other useful tools, data, and info I've designed and collected. Make a copy to edit.

Quote Originally Posted by sanahtlig View Post
    1. This union event chain features two bosses: a Lilum (started with AP) and a Demon (joined with BP).
    2. Rewards are granted based on 4 metrics: PP, Union PP, EX demon kills (Union), Ultimate demon kills (Union). Lilums award PP and Holy Crosses, which provide day-long buffs against demons to the Union. Demons award PP and kills. It's not clear what the rewards will be, but certainly one of the main attractions will be event soul points, which will be used to purchase the new souls.
    3. Each kill causes the demon to gain a level. Higher level demons are harder, but also award more PP. Demon levels reset each day, as do buffs from Holy Crosses.
    4. Getting all rewards will require 400 Ultimate demon kills by the union. That's about 60 kills a day. A well-geared player (one that can solo Advent Ragnaroks) can solo a high-level demon in 10-15min with Holy Cross buffs. So racking up the required number of kills per day will require 10-15 man hours from a veteran player, or about 1 hour each from a union of 20 active players.
    Thanks for the really informative answer!
    A few more questions relating to the above information:

1) So similar to how most Events have a Red and Blue boss, this union event with have a Lillum(AP) boss and a Demon(BP) boss? Can both bosses can be selected individually from the quest menu, similar to the current Red/Blue system where you can choose which fight to start?
    So the goal will basically be to start the day fighting Lillums, then fight progressively more difficult Demons utilizing the buffs from the Lillum.

2) Can a player call for support in defeating those bosses, and if so, are they only able to call support from their union, or are they able to call support from Friends or All players as well?

3) You mentioned EX and Ultimate difficulties; What difficulties are available to be chosen from, and how does the "levellup" on the Demon interact with these difficulties?
    Are Beginner, Standard, Expert and Ultimate all available to be chosen from? Or is there a "chance-spawn" difficulty sometimes randomly unlocked upon finishing a battle?
    Last edited by Raene; 07-07-2017 at 06:57 PM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Raene View Post
    Thanks for the really informative answer!
    A few more questions relating to the above information:

1) So similar to how most Events have a Red and Blue boss, this union event with have a Lillum(AP) boss and a Demon(BP) boss? Can both bosses can be selected individually from the quest menu, similar to the current Red/Blue system where you can choose which fight to start?
    So the goal will basically be to start the day fighting Lillums, then fight progressively more difficult Demons utilizing the buffs from the Lillum.

2) Can a player call for support in defeating those bosses, and if so, are they only able to call support from their union, or are they able to call support from Friends or All players as well?

3) You mentioned EX and Ultimate difficulties; What difficulties are available to be chosen from, and how does the "levellup" on the Demon interact with these difficulties?
    Are Beginner, Standard, Expert and Ultimate all available to be chosen from? Or is there a "chance-spawn" difficulty sometimes randomly unlocked upon finishing a battle?
    Both fight types can be started/joined at will at any difficulty, as far as I can tell. The Holy Crosses can be stocked and then used as needed by the guild leader, as I recall. So you can farm a massive number on the first day, enough to last through the entire event.

The Lilim battles (Standard, Expert) can be joined by anyone, but the Demon battles (Expert, Ultimate) are union-only.
    Magicami Starter Guide: Rerolling for Success
    Rerolling in Kamihime Project: How to get FREE SSR Kamihime
    Sanahtlig's Kamihime Project Toolbox: Includes damage calculators and other useful tools, data, and info I've designed and collected. Make a copy to edit.

Credits
    Items User Name Style ChangeUsername ChangeUsername ChangeUser Name Style Change
Gift received at 10-19-2017 from Kitty
not that i wanted to do it for you or anything....buy i happened to buy 2 so......blah!!!!
    so basically the most important thing to get the rewards is to defeat as many expert/ultimate demon as they can provide the killing rewards and also give PP?
    also, what buff we get from that holy cross? and you said it's stackable so we can get more buffs of whatever it is?
    and damn, getting level up from each kill reminds me of that boss in dragon providence during corssover event XD

Credits
    getting level up from each kill reminds me of that boss in dragon providence during corssover event
    dont remind me THAT boss, or ill go into drinking depression again.

So as I understand it, this union event won't reward any SSR weapons / himes / eidolons, mainly just new soul points for the newest souls?

In terms of individual pp, does anyone have an estimate for the amount of time you'd need to invest into this to get all rewards (in comparison to raid events)?

Does anyone have any recommendations on which souls I should be going for / which abilities are must haves?

Quote Originally Posted by Boydjt View Post
    So as I understand it, this union event won't reward any SSR weapons / himes / eidolons, mainly just new soul points for the newest souls?

In terms of individual pp, does anyone have an estimate for the amount of time you'd need to invest into this to get all rewards (in comparison to raid events)?

Does anyone have any recommendations on which souls I should be going for / which abilities are must haves?
    It'll have SSR's. I know the weapon is a Light Staff with +atk skill, not what the other rewards are.

Credits
    Items User Name Style ChangeUsername ChangeUsername ChangeUser Name Style Change
Gift received at 10-19-2017 from Kitty
not that i wanted to do it for you or anything....buy i happened to buy 2 so......blah!!!!
    just wondering, is union event also have a gacha like raid events? or all the reward are collected from PP/union PP/ ex kill/ ultimate kill alone?

Unregistered Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Raene View Post
    It'll have SSR's. I know the weapon is a Light Staff with +atk skill, not what the other rewards are.
    it does but that's only during it's reprint which is a year later.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast