PDA

View Full Version : [Merry Christmas] 5+ Star Gacha Ticket Plus Thread

Pages : [1] 2

smr
12-23-2016, 01:17 AM
COME ON IVYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

This special ticket was 50/50 rainbow or gold, Ivy and Apple included.

post your results here.

flink
12-23-2016, 01:23 AM
:o
Now this is a nice christmas gift. :D

Zerana
12-23-2016, 01:29 AM
Woo, I got something cute and shiny for Christmas. ♥

boar1971
12-23-2016, 01:38 AM
Sorry, no screen cap. Got my first 6 star... Kerria. Was hoping for Alpinia, but hey, she's a 6-star. Nice, considering my last 10+1 gacha didn't even yield a 5 star.

Rupturez
12-23-2016, 01:41 AM
This is dumb on so many levels, to leave a christmas present up to sheer luck. I pulled a dupe toad lily ofcourse, but I can't even care anymore. I spent most of my time on DMM now anyway.

Unregistered
12-23-2016, 01:42 AM
Got an Alpina on my main! Not my fav 6*, but I'm happy since she's still a rainbow and is at least good stats wise. My Dendrobium is the same... hopefully I'll eventually get a good looking 6* as well.

MysticDawn
12-23-2016, 01:43 AM
Managed to get Black Baccara. Pretty shocking, considering that I have terrible luck.

MonarchVV
12-23-2016, 01:46 AM
Ripped a 6* - Fritillaria.

My first one, woooo~

Zandel
12-23-2016, 01:52 AM
Even with 50% chance I still pulled a 5*.... still Bride Camelia was new for me so no major complaints.

paraphin
12-23-2016, 02:00 AM
i got 5* Poinsettia. it was a 50/50 chance and i got unlucky, typical me T.T

flink
12-23-2016, 02:14 AM

This is on my alt junk account. 50/50 indeed.
Maybe I will give it more attention.

Unregistered
12-23-2016, 02:29 AM
50% get a gift. 50% get coal.

noheart09
12-23-2016, 02:36 AM
bride cactacea for me,i am satisfied,would have liked cherry sage or bonci but i am satisfied.

Drip
12-23-2016, 02:37 AM
Coal would've been "we're lowering the jewelry slot on a random of your 5* or 6* girls by one".
Anyway, I pulled Setaria here.

boar1971
12-23-2016, 02:46 AM
If only we can trade the girls.

Unregistered
12-23-2016, 02:57 AM
Coal would've been "we're lowering the jewelry slot on a random of your 5* or 6* girls by one".

That's more like radioactive coal.

Dorei0sama
12-23-2016, 02:59 AM
Drawing 2 evening primose (main acc and alt acc) , no luck at all with 6 star ;)

nikonana
12-23-2016, 03:02 AM
Got Hanamomo, now she can reunite with Momo/Peach. Can't say I'm disappointed despite I'm not into lolis, but 6* is still great.

Zenithale
12-23-2016, 03:06 AM
While I don't like random stuff for gift (I am still salty for Bride Oncidium...), this time I was kinda lucky because I got my first 6* (don't count my Cattleya buyed): Sakura.
She was very low on my wishlist but I can't complain. She has a Character Quest, she will get a Bloomed form later and she completely "worthy" to eat my Ampy collection I can't give to Cattleya now (because 7k by Ampy, that's too much for me...).
Overall: happy. :)

Eab1990
12-23-2016, 03:32 AM
Rainbow.

Sakura #3.

I'll count my blessings and see what I can do with all these ARA ARAs.

If I had to have gotten a dupe though, I would've preferred another Daisy. Hrrm.

nazrin992
12-23-2016, 03:43 AM
Got me a 5*. I already called it.

http://i.imgur.com/4v8plq3.png

I know who am I going to give Skillblooms to.

Ashen
12-23-2016, 03:48 AM
I still have to wait for my first 6*. I got Apple of sodom. Somehow magic girls feel attracted towards me :x

fromelette
12-23-2016, 03:59 AM

Still without a single rainbow from gacha and got a dupe that I might not even use. I'm so happy, I want to punch something.

Even though my luck in every Nutaku game is abysmal I still think it was pretty nice to get something meaningful (Idol Wars, I'm looking at you and that awful xmas SR)

Rupturez
12-23-2016, 04:11 AM

Still without a single rainbow from gacha and got a dupe that I might not even use. I'm so happy, I want to punch something.

Even though my luck in every Nutaku game is abysmal I still think it was pretty nice to get something meaningful (Idol Wars, I'm looking at you and that awful xmas SR)

I think that depends on what one considers meaningful. I have 37 gold girls, pulling a gold serves no purpose other to salt me.
Am I ungrateful? Hell yes, I won't even deny it. 50/50% rates are purely to salt players.

Eab1990
12-23-2016, 04:18 AM
We just had the BF pick your rainbow deal, they can't exactly top that anytime soon.

This is the kinda thing people should be thankful that it even happened at all, but of course, people will still call Nutaku greedy and me a shill because logic.

Now, you *could* make the argument that this ticket was what should've been in our newbie login bonuses, but at least the pool is larger now and people could've even gotten Apple/Ivy, or later rainbows like Pumpkin and Christmas Rose, so it works out, in a way.

fromelette
12-23-2016, 04:19 AM
For meaningful I meant something that has the potential to be strong enough to help most players as most golds are good enough for our current content. I used Idol Wars as an example because their card has such terrible skills that a considerable number of players will find no use for it.

Now, I'm in the same boat about the pull, I knew that if a gold came through I would feel bitter and the outcome was even worse than I feared (I just realized I might be the anti-Moarsi) so I extra bitter right now, but I still take it as a bonus as no investment was made of my part. I guess that in a few days I won't be mad about it and the only thing that will change is that Lupine might fall a bit on my preference list :p

Eversor
12-23-2016, 04:22 AM
Welp. With my luck I was sure I will get a 5* and not cute one at that. Was not disappointed as I got Water Lily. At least got 10 5* from two 50 flower 10+1 gacha pulls.

Drip
12-23-2016, 04:28 AM
For meaningful I meant something that has the potential to be strong enough to help most players as most golds are good enough for our current content. I used Idol Wars as an example because their card has such terrible skills that a considerable number of players will find no use for it.

Now, I'm in the same boat about the pull, I knew that if a gold came through I would feel bitter and the outcome was even worse than I feared (I just realized I might be the anti-Moarsi) so I extra bitter right now, but I still take it as a bonus as no investment was made of my part. I guess that in a few days I won't be mad about it and the only thing that will change is that Lupine might fall a bit on my preference list :p
Heh, I'm still extremely pissed off by Nutaku for resetting the Event Gacha Box in PeroPero without any compensation whatsoever (and people, including me, DID spend money on getting that thing cleared and keeping it cleared). So I see about anything they give away for free as a nice extra, and I'll take it. But that gacha box reset in PeroPero also meant that I won't spent any money on PeroPero again until that gachbox is cleared again, which is a 1.5-2 year process for an f2p player. Their fucking loss. FKG team gets my money now.

fghk0
12-23-2016, 04:35 AM
I finally got a ticket to advance to Europe. :o :o :o

Really happy !

sniddy
12-23-2016, 04:36 AM
Yeh I got a 5* (cherry sage) not on my wish list...not a 6*

But I'm not salty, got something for nothing....and yeh as has been pointed out, a 5* is still a good thing for many people....in my cas, not so much but maybe I'll pull another or 2 in time and having that base is - in the long run - one less equip slot I need to farm

It's a nice little something, the newer you are the less little it is, and a 50% chance that it's fantastic is still nice so...thanks

Wutan
12-23-2016, 04:40 AM
Well i have got a new 5*...

Not particular happy about it. Gerbera is one of the weakest 5* in my opinion.

Welcome on the Bench Gerbera...

Time to play my DMM Account xd

Rupturez
12-23-2016, 04:44 AM

High five, I knew I couldn't be the only unlucky person. Glad that you didnt let me down.

Dorei0sama
12-23-2016, 04:44 AM
We just had the BF pick your rainbow deal, they can't exactly top that anytime soon.

This is the kinda thing people should be thankful that it even happened at all, but of course, people will still call Nutaku greedy and me a shill because logic.

Now, you *could* make the argument that this ticket was what should've been in our newbie login bonuses, but at least the pool is larger now and people could've even gotten Apple/Ivy, or later rainbows like Pumpkin and Christmas Rose, so it works out, in a way.

Cause most people playing this game are veteran so they tend to get bored easily and this is Christmas they need something to feel good about. In Nutaku case, they are a bit insensitive.

Wutan
12-23-2016, 04:46 AM
High five, I knew I couldn't be the only unlucky person. Glad that you didnt let me down.

To be fair you pulled a Rainbow on DMM...

I think if my "luck" in Nutaku continues i will make DMM my Main Account...

kringley
I picked up Waterlily. It's not immediately obvious to me that she'll replace any of my other slice types, but still new to me and nice as a freebie.

fghk0

I would love to get gerbera .... because she helps my team, though not many people like her :p

Rupturez
12-23-2016, 04:47 AM
To be fair you pulled a Rainbow on DMM...

I think if my "luck" in Nutaku continues i will make DMM my Main Account...

DMM already is my main account, I only log in on nutaku to blow my stamina and collect gems.

Drip
12-23-2016, 04:47 AM

I have her benched as well, and she's still only lvl 10 (since I also got a dupe along the way). However, I do keep her in mind, incase I ever want to make a vampire squad, maybe in combination with some ability trigger unit(s). Let's just hope her bloomed form will improve her +ATK on skilltrigger bonus, so she gets a little bit closer to Fritillaria in that regard. As it is now, it's nearly useless.

Dorei0sama
12-23-2016, 04:54 AM
Still remember how happy i was when i got her (Gerberra) 6 months ago, time sure fly.

Insany
12-23-2016, 04:57 AM
Aaaaaaaaand.... I get Waterlily, even tho I don't have her, I still wanted my 1st 6*.

Raine
12-23-2016, 04:59 AM
50% chance and all, and I get...

Not AlpiniaNot any 6* (which would've been my very first one)Not even a new 5*...but a dupe 5*, of all the things I could get from this!I'd be lying if I told myself I'm still happy with this. I am totally not. Free ticket gone dupe and straight into the original's entrails. :mad:

Kill me please.

Dari
12-23-2016, 05:04 AM
50% chance and all, I get...

Not AlpiniaNot any 6* (which would've been my very first one)Not even a new 5*...but a dupe 5*, of all the things I could get from this!I'd be lying if I told myself I'm still happy with this. I am totally not. Free ticket gone dupe and straight into the original's entrails. :mad:

Kill me please.
I'm grateful for the ticket, but yeah it sucks that half of the players get a punch in the gut for Christmas..

Wutan
12-23-2016, 05:05 AM
DMM already is my main account, I only log in on nutaku to blow my stamina and collect gems.

Yeah the Problem is my pulls on DMM were equally bad lately. It's also the reason a specific Person doesn't post that much anymore until he gets a little bit of luck. I feel real sorry for him. Life is so unfair sometimes...

I hope i will win the lottery on DMM. I work hard for that :p

@Roentgen

Sorry friend.

I am pissed of as well. I would have prefered a dupe instead of Gerbera...

nazrin992
12-23-2016, 05:13 AM
Why isn't this thread named as Salt thread again? Because there is real legitimate reason to name it as such.

I really do have mixed feelings in this ticket because for one, 50% chances and still don't get a 6*. OTOH, I got another wishlist FK so eh.

Wutan
12-23-2016, 05:16 AM
Why isn't this thread named as Salt thread again?

I don't know. I just realized Moarsi pulled two Rainbows on his accounts.

I am done. WHY GAME??? WHY???

nazrin992
12-23-2016, 05:20 AM
I don't know. I just realized Moarsi pulled two Rainbows on his accounts.
moarsi's luck is EX Rank, I tell you that much. It took me a second for seeing two Rainbows before seeing the username:rolleyes:

Cheer up. At least you still have 6*s in some way. Unlike the rest of us who are still barren of a single Rainbow.

darkmoon87
12-23-2016, 05:32 AM
I got 5* German Iris... Can I join the post-trauma support group? :(

Wutan
12-23-2016, 05:37 AM
I got 5* German Iris... Can I join the post-trauma support group? :(

Please take a seat. Welcome to our club of lost souls xd

- - - Updated - - -

moarsi's luck is EX Rank, I tell you that much. It took me a second for seeing two Rainbows before seeing the username:rolleyes:

Cheer up. At least you still have 6*s in some way. Unlike the rest of us who are still barren of a single Rainbow.

Yeah you are right. But buying 6* isn't that amazing compared to getting them through luck.

Buying 6* just doesn't feel good.

darkmoon87
12-23-2016, 05:42 AM
Please take a seat. Welcome to our club of lost souls xd

takes seat with a sob

Hi everyone...

Eab1990
12-23-2016, 05:44 AM
Yeah you are right. But buying 6* isn't that amazing compared to getting them through luck.

Buying 6* just doesn't feel good.

Pfft, I was ecstatic when I pulled Daisy from the first step-up gacha.

Then again, there was the random factor involved there, not to mention the fact that Daisy wasn't even supposed to be in that gacha pool to begin with.

Pulling Alpinia from a 100 gold pull was weird because it was during Kerria's spotlight. I don't particularly care about Alpinia, but as far as the mature women go, she's up there, at least. And at least her speed boost offsets Strawberry and Lavender.

And then pulling Christmas Rose AND Poinsettia this rotation felt great.

So I guess the better statement is pulling rainbows randomly is a better feeling (when it's a waifu you actually care about, anyway).

Wutan
12-23-2016, 05:50 AM
Pfft, I was ecstatic when I pulled Daisy from the first step-up gacha.

Then again, there was the random factor involved there, not to mention the fact that Daisy wasn't even supposed to be in that gacha pool to begin with.

Pulling Alpinia from a 100 gold pull was weird because it was during Kerria's spotlight.

And then pulling Christmas Rose AND Poinsettia this rotation felt great.

So I guess the better statement is pulling rainbows randomly is a better feeling (when it's a waifu you actually care about, anyway).

Buying a 6* is just a Business Transaction with Nutaku. I have done it because luck sucks most of the time and i want a somewhat good/decent squad.

The only time i had an amazing feeling was on the Black Friday Deal.

The other times it was just scratch another name from my wishlist...

Rupturez
12-23-2016, 05:53 AM
Buying a 6* is just a Business Transaction with Nutaku. I have done it because luck sucks most of the time and i want a somewhat good/decent squad.

The only time i had an amazing feeling was on the Black Friday Deal.

The other times it was just scratch another name from my wishlist...

I agree with you. The rainbows I bought gave me no satisfaction, only kerria from the black friday deal. Thats why I only did a few yolo's for 100 DMM in DMM. I want to stay f2p in DMM now.

Eab1990
12-23-2016, 06:05 AM
I was one of the "10 bronze 1 silver" rollers for BF, so I wasn't particularly enthused about the roll. Was happy enough to complete the Lantana/Pumpkin duo, but the best feeling I got from that was that it only cost $10.

But on the other hand, I'm glad to have spent $60 for Daisy since she was the #1 rainbow I wanted most, and I was quite thankful to have gotten her relatively quickly.

Wutan
12-23-2016, 06:06 AM
I agree with you. The rainbows I bought gave me no satisfaction, only kerria from the black friday deal. Thats why I only did a few yolo's for 100 DMM in DMM. I want to stay f2p in DMM now.

I want 3 other Rainbows for my Helper Squad on DMM: Fritillaria (cause she is op now), Alpinia (mainly for Speed and Lifeleech), Daisy (I don't like Lolis but she is extremely good with her Skill modifier on first turn)

After i have got a full Rainbow Helper Team i will become a f2p as well.

If i win the lottery i already have the Money for two Girls...That's the main reason i want to win xd

Mitoru
12-23-2016, 06:21 AM
So, on my main I pulled a dupe Cattleta, not mad becase I got the skill up. My alt got German Iris, it allready has a lot of piece girls so she will probably warm the bench.
I also rolled on my other "trash" accounts and got:
Sakura
Cherry
Oncidium (regular)
Cactace
Toad Lilly (dupe)

Kinda salty that Sakura went to the trash account but oh well, free girls are free.

Aidoru
12-23-2016, 06:25 AM
Didn't get Camellia or Camellia Bride, and that's all that matters.

LZS
12-23-2016, 06:37 AM
Thx!!!!!! my very 1st 6* TwT

Zenithale
12-23-2016, 06:56 AM
IMO they could have done something different (= less salty, because it should be a happy party), like 50% 6* and 50% two or three 5* or one 5* with +2 Skill Level and Equip slots.

crosstaco
12-23-2016, 07:03 AM
Lucked out with a six and picked up Lycoris. Don't know much about the fox girl

kringley
12-23-2016, 07:06 AM
The abundance of Gerbera and Waterlily makes it look like this is pulling with the Limited reissue (those 2 + Fritillaria) rules.
Can anyone make a case for Waterlily being stronger than Gerbera? It doesn't look that way to me but I'm open to arguments.

Myrdin
12-23-2016, 07:10 AM
Strawberry Candle.
At least she is a new character for me, but I could NOT give a bigger fuck. There is no place for her. Get on the bench girl.
Leaving the ticket to a 50/50 chance, is like have someone trying to spit into your mouth while chewing donw on something.
I didnt even expect anything from them in the first place so its till a win win, but the fact that I COULD have gotten a 6* form a bloody 50/50 is like a huge middle finger on the screen.

Rampage
12-23-2016, 07:10 AM
Well the good times still rolling in for me, got New 6* Cattleya, soo many knights to level, too many to chose from for the squads, glad to have this problem, makes the game last longer for me.

Santiago Rosa
12-23-2016, 07:53 AM
50/50 got a Rose, well yeah that´s nice. Not the best (in stats terms), but nice art. Tbh was expecting one rainbow, but is a gift after all. Kinda nice i guess.

Balkri
12-23-2016, 07:59 AM
got Japanese Iris... is fine I guess :)

Wutan
12-23-2016, 08:15 AM
It's either Merry Christmas or Merry Trollfest haha...to soon?

Yes definetely :mad:

Well my new Girl is good for one thing:

I maxed Holly's Affection and didn't know how to finish the Gift Daily after that...now i know :p

flink
12-23-2016, 08:34 AM
Nutaku be like: The Good, The Bad and the Ugly :p
Nutaku:mad: : You see, in this world there's two kinds of people...

Wutan
12-23-2016, 08:55 AM
Nutaku:mad: : You see, in this world there's two kinds of people...

...Whales and F2P???
Lets support the Whales though cause they have ca$h :p

To be honest this gift is a n1 idea but the difference in value Players get out of it is ridiculous...

Better solution: a 5* you can choose with a 50 % chance to be a random Rainbow :o

If i could attach a seal to some Girls and prevent getting them in the future Bipinna, Strawberry Candle, German Iris and Gerbera will be sealed immediately :p

Mitoru
12-23-2016, 08:57 AM
...Whales and F2P???
Lets support the Whales though cause they have ca$h :p

To be honest this gift is a n1 idea but the difference in value Players get out of it is ridiculous...

If i could attach a seal to some Girls and prevent getting them in the future Bipinna, Strawberry Candle, German Iris and Gerbera will be sealed immediately :p

Agreed, give me one copy of Candle tho for the collection. :|

Drip
12-23-2016, 08:59 AM
It's either Merry Christmas or Merry Trollfest haha...to soon?

Yes definetely :mad:

Well my new Girl is good for one thing:

I maxed Holly's Affection and didn't know how to finish the Gift Daily after that...now i know :p
Well, if you ever run out of girls to gift, you still have an unlimited supply from seed gacha.

Wutan
12-23-2016, 09:05 AM
Well, if you ever run out of girls to gift, you still have an unlimited supply from seed gacha.

Nah i don't bother leveling 3* or max there Affection.

Yeah we could use them in Nation Battles but there is no 3* i would consider a waifu and i already have 40+ Units containing 6*,5* and 4*.

3* Girls are just 500 extra Gold...

Eab1990
12-23-2016, 09:13 AM
The abundance of Gerbera and Waterlily makes it look like this is pulling with the Limited reissue (those 2 + Fritillaria) rules.
Can anyone make a case for Waterlily being stronger than Gerbera? It doesn't look that way to me but I'm open to arguments.

These tickets are jokingly called Gerbera/frog tickets for a reason.

... Which confuses me since I actually have yet to get Gerbera. Somehow.

Also, all this salt and even JP players are triggered by Nutaku's generosity. Because their 5*+ tickets are usually a 6% rate for 6*, not 50%.

Eversor
12-23-2016, 09:18 AM
Stupid question (F2P nutaku only player), but how you get more of those tickets, or is it just one and thus middle finger with that lame 5* i got?

Wutan
12-23-2016, 09:21 AM

Well Waterlily has got a Bloomed Form and has a good Skill Activation Rate. She also fits in a Counterattack Squad to boost the defence of Counter Girls (Rose, Hypericum) etc.

Gerbera has a useless first Ability cause most fights doesn't last that long. 1% Attack per Skill Activation isn't good.

Her second Ability is increased Solar Blast Damage (20%)...Meh...only good in a specific Solar Blast Squad. And Solar Blast Squads aren't that good without Dogwood and/or Leucocoryne...

- - - Updated - - -

Stupid question (F2P nutaku only player), but how you get more of those tickets, or is it just one and thus middle finger with that lame 5* i got?

Sry dude. We only got one ticket.

wolf
12-23-2016, 09:25 AM
I got Snapdragon, not into lolis but she's free and i needed a hit type anyway so i'll take it :D

Unregistered
12-23-2016, 09:47 AM
surprised by the amount of bitterness in this thread. Also surprised by the generosity of Nutaku, given my very short time here (Since 2 weeks ago), like seeing the facebook "giveaway".

Also can't believe some people think that paying $10 is a better deal than this. I am very happy. Maybe it's cuz I got a 6* on my main... but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be too upset if I had gotten a 5* either.

BurningLizard
12-23-2016, 09:52 AM
With this i have a full 5 member 6 star team! :D

nazrin992
12-23-2016, 09:54 AM
Also, all this salt and even JP players are triggered by Nutaku's generosity. Because their 5*+ tickets are usually a 6% rate for 6*, not 50%.
Wait, JP Players play Nutaku games? Isn't that like, against their law(like they shouldn't play unmosaiced games)?

Generosity in this case can be a double edge sword. Good for people getting a 6* for free, the absolute salt for those who still can't get a 6* EVEN on 50% chance(like what is the difference between 0.5% and 50% if you still won't getting a "her" anyway)?

Eab1990
12-23-2016, 10:02 AM

One per account. People are using alt accounts to test their luck.

Also can't believe some people think that paying $10 is a better deal than this. I am very happy. Maybe it's cuz I got a 6* on my main... but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be too upset if I had gotten a 5* either.

$10 is a better deal because you could pick who you wanted.

Wait, JP Players play Nutaku games? Isn't that like, against their law(like they shouldn't play unmosaiced games)?

Generosity in this case can be a double edge sword. Good for people getting a 6* for free, the absolute salt for those who still can't get a 6* EVEN on 50% chance(like what is the difference between 0.5% and 50% if you still won't getting a "her" anyway)?

They're comparing our version with theirs.

Wutan
12-23-2016, 10:03 AM
Honestly i would be fine with a good 5*, even a dupe. But looks like i can't even get that.
It's sad if the Girls you get the most are the Girls you despite the most you know.

I experienced that a lot: Bipinna (4x), German Iris (2x), Strawberry Candle (2x) and now Gerbera...

All my tickets so far were like that and that's the reason i don't trust those tickets. It feels kinda rigged you know.

It feels like the Game forces me to play a Playstyle i don't like (Solar Blast) and that makes me angry...

And i agree with Nazrin. It doesn't matter if the chances are 0,5%, 15%, 67,435% or 99% and you still don't get a decent unit.

And to be honest the guys getting 6* can't expect the others to be happy if they get a Girl they don't want...

Unreg
12-23-2016, 10:03 AM
surprised by the amount of bitterness in this thread. Also surprised by the generosity of Nutaku, given my very short time here (Since 2 weeks ago), like seeing the facebook "giveaway".

You're a dam newbie after all, it should surprise you because you know nothing about the pain of these players who have been playing for a long time, some since the beginning, and still couldn't get any 6*......ofc paying $10 just to get one becomes tempting when bad luck has been nothing but a bitch

*rolleyes*

Eab1990
12-23-2016, 10:06 AM
Honestly i would be fine with a good 5*, even a dupe. But looks like i can't even get that.
It's sad if the Girls you get the most are the Girls you despite the most you know.

And i agree with Nazrin. It doesn't matter if the chances are 0,5%, 15%, 67,435% or 99% and you still doesn't get a decent unit.

And to be honest the guys getting 6* can't expect the others to be happy if they get a Girl they don't want...

Maybe, but I don't see why freemium players should even expect to get a "pick your waifu" ticket to bypass the RNG, so of course it's going to boil down to luck.

flink
12-23-2016, 10:18 AM

Better solution: a 5* you can choose with a 50 % chance to be a random Rainbow :o

I think a 5* of your choice is a more "appropriate" gift than this ticket. (I didn't say better)
But for Nutaku, you have to pay to choose.

A gacha were you can seal some girls, I love this idea!

Eab1990
12-23-2016, 10:23 AM
IIRC, there is a "no-dupe" gacha in DMM (or maybe it was a no-dupe ticket), but I believe that one is also pay-only as well.

Wutan
12-23-2016, 10:33 AM
Maybe, but I don't see why freemium players should even expect to get a "pick your waifu" ticket to bypass the RNG, so of course it's going to boil down to luck.

Yeah Eab i know that this was a gift after all.

Call it a Conspiracy Theory but i think it also depends on your Nutaku ID which Girls you get through tickets.

It feels like some guys (Moarsi for example) got a lot of good stuff and others (Rupturez, Roentgen, myself) got nothing in comparison.

Honestly Moarsi is a cool guy but his luck isn't normal anymore.

I got 2 good rolls:

Japanese Iris, QotN, FP (4 months ago). Granted that's more than most other guys got.
Evening Primrose + Apple of Sodom

My other rolls were shit and my tickets were atrocious.

It should be crystal clear that a gift including Rng will generate Happiness and Salt.

AgentFakku
12-23-2016, 10:36 AM
Time to roll!!!!

And I get... a new girl? I don't even recognize her LOL

Letme guess Petunia

No her name is Iris.

Is Iris a good unit?

Oh she's my 105th waifu

Sweet

Eab1990
12-23-2016, 10:41 AM
Personally, Iris has one of the crappiest abilities in the game (+1 targets when using cannon nodes, IIRC), and she's a shitty glasses girl to boot.

I am obviously biased against glasses girls though, so yeah.

I'd hope we all agree that Daisy and Anthurium are cuter than her though.

Wutan
12-23-2016, 10:42 AM
Time to roll!!!!

And I get... a new girl? I don't even recognize her LOL

Letme guess Petunia

No her name is Iris.

Is Iris a good unit?

At the current state of the game: No

She has got a Bloomed Form though. She will be viable in the future.

http://flowerknight.wikia.com/wiki/Iris

AgentFakku
12-23-2016, 10:48 AM
Thanks 4 da advice

I guess I'm sort of happy. I still get a new girl to register on my "Pokedex" Sad to hear her abilities ain't useful.

Well, she can be placed for a pierce only squad just for LOLs to grind yellow bloom dragons - finally a full pierce team

Xcellion
12-23-2016, 10:53 AM
Got Fritillaria, making her my third ever Rainbow unit. I'm kind of conflicted though since every Rainbow unit I have now is a Slice category.

Unregistered
12-23-2016, 11:12 AM
Free player here.

A christmas miracle! the 5+ ticket gave me Dendrobium as my first 6*!

level 108 and got my first 6*. woohoo!

AgentFakku
12-23-2016, 11:24 AM
3 Slice Rainbow units w/ only Flower Gems - damn dat is some good luck.

I see we both have Poinsettia.

Guess I'm lucky that I have 3 Rainbow Units: Hit, Slice, and Magic - no repeats yet

Hopefully, I get a Rainbow Pierce unit in the future

qti
12-23-2016, 11:32 AM
214 log consecutive and still 0 rainbow.( I guess not can break my bad luck for get one ; still invict.) Get Night Queen.

skasio
12-23-2016, 11:38 AM
I guess I spent all my luck on pulling Bride Oncidium. 5*, but at least she's good, and no dupe - got Toad Lily. Well, it's something.

Myrdin
12-23-2016, 11:39 AM
They should have just made this a normal 6* Ticket and spare tons of people the bad aftertaste.
Like "here is a sandwich, one tastes like mana from the gods, the other is just meh, now here you go have the meh, while I give this amazing piece of culinary awesomeness to someone else to eat.... right in...fucking...front of you.

If all of us got a 5* ticket all people would be happy. Sure some would be like "meh dupe" or "meh girl I didnt wanna get... she still new though". Same concept with a proper 6* ticket just that the people would be even more elated because - hey, its a 6*.

What the fuck did they hope to achieve by doing this 50/50 is beyond my recognition skills. Kick em while they´re down, or poke em with a rusty needle while they are already bleeding, is the feeling I get from this as I am also one of those unlucky "veterans" who have been playing this shit since the launch and and all I get is salt, while watching new people take the N1 prize right in front of me.

And then there is Moarsi... and I will stop myself here, because what would be coming out of me next would not be very kind nor polite.

And yeh all of this just added the cherry on top of a shitty day at work. Its one of the "Make or Brake" things. Imagine if it was a 6* ticket, that would have a healing effect after today, but instead - yeh here you go, more salt just because.

Edit: Also Wutan - funny you didnt mention me at all as well. I am pretty much in the same boat as you "lucky" guys as far as this game goes.

Wutan
12-23-2016, 11:51 AM
They should have just made this a normal 6* Ticket and spare tons of people the bad aftertaste.
Like "here is a sandwich, one tastes like mana from the gods, the other is just meh, now here you go have the meh, while I give this amazing piece of culinary awesomeness to someone else to eat.... right in...fucking...front of you.

If all of us got a 5* ticket all people would be happy. Sure some would be like "meh dupe" or "meh girl I didnt wanna get... she still new though". Same concept with a proper 6* ticket just that the people would be even more elated because - hey, its a 6*.

What the fuck did they hope to achieve by doing this 50/50 is beyond my recognition skills. Kick em while they´re down, or poke em with a rusty needle while they are already bleeding, is the feeling I get from this as I am also one of those unlucky "veterans" who have been playing this shit since the launch and and all I get is salt, while watching new people take the N1 prize right in front of me.

And then there is Moarsi... and I will stop myself here, because what would be coming out of me next would not be very kind nor polite.

And yeh all of this just added the cherry on top of a shitty day at work. Its one of the "Make or Brake" things. Imagine if it was a 6* ticket, that would have a healing effect after today, but instead - yeh here you go, more salt just because.

Looks like our little Club got smashed by the Rng, my friend. I hope Roentgen won't quit the game though.

The funny Thing: There are already guys playing this game for 1-2 months and got 3 Rainbows through gacha, ticket or whatever...

Unregistered
12-23-2016, 11:56 AM
Surprised that I didn't fail a 50/50; got Lycoris out of this.
Of course, I would've been happy as long as I didn't pull another Gerbera. I would've been fine with a dupe of any other 5* I already have, or any new 5* who doesn't have a face I want to punch like Gerbera's. (as I only acquire 5*'s through tickets)

Dari
12-23-2016, 11:59 AM
Looks like our little Club got smashed by the Rng, my friend. I hope Roentgen won't quit the game though.

The funny Thing: There are already guys playing this game for 1-2 months and got 3 Rainbows through gacha, ticket or whatever...
Well sign me up to the "Lucky guys", even though I don't have many golds I still managed to get 2 dupes from the IWZ event, I think I had maybe 4 golds at that time, and now I got a gold too, at least it's not a dupe this time.

moarsi
12-23-2016, 12:29 PM
I'm gonna mention that even though I posted my 2 rainbows, I did also pull 2 gold dupes that I did not post. It really was a 50-50 for me, not some amazing 100% Rainbow draw.

Rupturez
12-23-2016, 01:12 PM

Edit: Also Wutan - funny you didnt mention me at all as well. I am pretty much in the same boat as you "lucky" guys as far as this game goes.

My thoughts exactly, I agree entirely.

Come to DMM Myrdin, it's so much better.

Wutan
12-23-2016, 01:16 PM
My thoughts exactly, I agree entirely.

Come to DMM Myrdin, it's so much better.

I already conviced him...kinda ;)

We need more People in the DMM Club :o

Rupturez
12-23-2016, 01:29 PM
I already conviced him...kinda ;)

We need more People in the DMM Club :o

In 9 days time I did 3 10+1 pulls and im close to my fourth.. lol.

Wutan
12-23-2016, 01:31 PM
In 9 days time I did 3 10+1 pulls and im close to my fourth.. lol.

Yeah same.

2 good pulls: 2x 5*
1 bad pull: almost a legendary bronze pull
i have got Apple from a 4* ticket and Camellia from my 5* ticket if i remember correctly...that's not bad xd

BigBobs
12-23-2016, 02:19 PM
I did around 200 gem pulls for a holiday unit and got nothing.

5+* gacha got me 6* Christmas Rose. My first ever non-guaranteed 6*

Santiago Rosa
12-23-2016, 02:40 PM
Got Rose on my main account ---> Not Bad i guess...
Got Justicia on one alt account ---> Are you kidding me? (Justicia is so good!)
Got Peach on the other alt account ---> Somebody kill me please (One of the top 5star)

WHY?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Insany
12-23-2016, 02:52 PM
Yeah same.

2 good pulls: 2x 5*
1 bad pull: almost a legendary bronze pull
i have got Apple from a 4* ticket and Camellia from my 5* ticket if i remember correctly...that's not bad xd
Yup, same here as well.
Even tho I still don't have a 6* yet, I managed to get on my last draw some girls that am quit pleased with.
(Especially, Suigyoku (http://flowerknight.wikia.com/wiki/Water_Hyacinth), Susuki (http://flowerknight.wikia.com/wiki/Japanese_Silver_Grass) and Apple. And they all have a Bloom evolution.)

AgentFakku
12-23-2016, 03:00 PM
I can't remember. Did we ever had an event where they gave us 6* tickets?

All I remember were 4 and 5 * tickets and dat was the highest we had

Agreed this ticket was weird and they should have made it pure 5* or pure 6*

Santiago Rosa
12-23-2016, 03:14 PM
I can't remember. Did we ever had an event where they gave us 6* tickets?

All I remember were 4 and 5 * tickets and dat was the highest we had

Agreed this ticket was weird and they should have made it pure 5* or pure 6*

Yep, but 5star ticket where you can choose your girl.

kojaku
12-23-2016, 03:23 PM

Fuck yeah! I'm still a no 6* player? I don't care! Got the character i wanted the most from this gatcha, so that's way better than any whatever 6*. This literally saves me a lot of FG trying to get her when her gatcha time comes.

Also, no 6* can be stronger than the goddess Ivy and her magical cannons and tremendously, abyssmal super godlike divine magical skills X. (Imagination only).

I gotta admit i was sad for a moment when i saw the pot stay gold D=

smr
12-23-2016, 03:24 PM
it should've just been a pick a 5 star knight of your choice and not this random 50/50 garbage that leaves a bad aftertaste after a bunch of recent mediocre gachas we've had lately.

unknown67
12-23-2016, 04:07 PM
*sigh*

5* Oncidium duplicate. Could be worse, though I was hoping for something new... I tend to value any unit I don't have, regardless of stars or usability, over a duplicate.

Volarmis
12-23-2016, 04:09 PM
I can see how players can find this 50/50 chance unpleasant, but I'm looking at it a bit differently.

It was quite a surprise to see the ticket yesterday in my box and I was happy to get it, so I think the present got delivered successfully.
I didn't manage to get a rainbow (this being probably my best chance for it, since I'm a f2p player, but oh well) but in return I got Convallaria, who I wanted to have ingame for quite a long time.

Rupturez
12-23-2016, 04:10 PM
I can see how players can find this 50/50 chance unpleasant, but I'm looking at it a bit differently.

It was quite a surprise to see the ticket yesterday in my box and I was happy to get it, so I think the present got delivered successfully.
I didn't manage to get a rainbow (this being probably my best chance for it, since I'm a f2p player, but oh well) but in return I got Convallaria, who I wanted to have ingame for quite a long time.

Well, from my perspective. I already knew something was comming, it was announced in discord. Pulling a dupe gold is painful, absolutely painful when people are pulling new golds/rainbows left right and center.

Volarmis
12-23-2016, 04:16 PM
Yeah, that's exactly why I can see it being painful especially for veteran players.
Instead of a guarantee, we got an additional chance, which is good enough for me.
Though it doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see that pot go multi-color at least once. :rolleyes:

Rampage
12-23-2016, 04:59 PM
OK guys, yes i did get a 6* knight, but really, lets appreciate this, even if i got a 5* dupe i do not use i would be happy.
It is a Christmas present which costed nothing. Lets not be the kid whose parents spend 2 weeks trying to figure out what they want and when it's open he has a dummy spit cause it not what he wrote to Santa. Its a present, sure its random but then again who ever got to chose their presents when they were young ? (Not me anyway) I am sure it could be worse, anyone think what a grinch would have given?

Distortedrealms
12-23-2016, 06:11 PM
Welp I didn't get a 6* but I did get Fir, who I wanted anyway, and after making her my assistant it was as if she said "Sorry I am not a 6* but I hope this small gift cheers you up a little bit."

Yes Fir, yes it did ;)

nazrin992
12-23-2016, 06:15 PM
I am sure it could be worse, anyone think what a grinch would have given?
Apparently worse than coal in gifts and that is for the players who spends their money on Nutaku. Let that sink in for a minute to understand how bad it is for some people...

Unregistered
12-23-2016, 06:17 PM
OK guys, yes i did get a 6* knight, but really, lets appreciate this, even if i got a 5* dupe i do not use i would be happy.
It is a Christmas present which costed nothing. Lets not be the kid whose parents spend 2 weeks trying to figure out what they want and when it's open he has a dummy spit cause it not what he wrote to Santa. Its a present, sure its random but then again who ever got to chose their presents when they were young ? (Not me anyway) I am sure it could be worse, anyone think what a grinch would have given?

huh??? your analogy, doesnt even make sense at all lmao

Drip
12-23-2016, 06:22 PM
huh??? your analogy, doesnt even make sense at all lmao
To put his words a little more blunt: people are behaving like self entitled spoiled brats. They get something for free, no matter if it's a 5*, 6* or as far as I care even a measly 2*, and all they can do is whine whine whine.

Dorei0sama
12-23-2016, 06:57 PM

Kind of understand your point, when i was young i asked Santa for a gameboy color but he (my mother) only gave a note book and a pen. It's so sad that i never gonna any thing again.

fghk0
12-23-2016, 07:00 PM
Because 50% represents an expectation .... But getting another 50% feel is disappointing, as if it were a microcosm of the real world ... as if something had both a good and a bad side So in the virtual world is more profound!

kringley
12-23-2016, 07:06 PM
Well Waterlily has got a Bloomed Form and has a good Skill Activation Rate. She also fits in a Counterattack Squad to boost the defence of Counter Girls (Rose, Hypericum) etc.

Gerbera has a useless first Ability cause most fights doesn't last that long. 1% Attack per Skill Activation isn't good.

Her second Ability is increased Solar Blast Damage (20%)...Meh...only good in a specific Solar Blast Squad. And Solar Blast Squads aren't that good without Dogwood and/or Leucocoryne...

Thanks for the answers. I hadn't noted how high Waterlily's skill rate was. Bloomed is interesting but not relevant for quite a while I think.
I guess where I am - squad TP around 58k, very few evolved characters - fights do last a bit longer, and I use solar blast regularly when one squad is weak due to hitting the brunt of the pest nodes or just to try to get a squad through that last node that no-one else will be able to hit. But I can see that it's likely to be of less value once all units are near max evolved level.
I do have Gerbera in a squad with Cyrtanthus (skill rate boost based on affection) which is the best I can do for her right now.

I've also had Setaria in a squad for a few weeks, and at least at my level, I've thought that she underperforms - the low HP/evasion combination doesn't seem to hold up that well right now, so I wasn't wild about that same combination in Waterlily.
So I'll probably keep Gerbera in my squads for now but I'll plan on leveling Waterlily as time and resources (manyus) allows.

smr
12-23-2016, 07:09 PM
Players including paying customers actually do reserve the right to be self entitled in a very pay to win game, in any gacha game it is never a good idea to piss off and actually taunt your playerbase with a "Who is naughty or nice! Find out with this ticket kekeke" gift. Also who in their right mind who actually have a channel for the DMM version on their discord chat? The entire point of Nutaku version existing is to make money off people that do not want to play on DMM right? Theres already a bunch on this thread jumping ship over there.

Eab1990
12-23-2016, 07:29 PM
Players including paying customers actually do reserve the right to be self entitled in a very pay to win game, in any gacha game it is never a good idea to piss off and actually taunt your playerbase with a "Who is naughty or nice! Find out with this ticket kekeke" gift. Also who in their right mind who actually have a channel for the DMM version on their discord chat? The entire point of Nutaku version existing is to make money off people that do not want to play on DMM right? Theres already a bunch on this thread jumping ship over there.

This isn't a pay-to-win game to begin with, so this entire post makes no sense.

People who jumped ship likely jumped ship a while ago, if not play both versions. They chose the more freemium-friendly server, but have more RNG hoops to go through to pick a waifu (bigger gacha pool, less 11-roll gold guaranteed deals, etc.). That's their decision and that's fine.

gekko rika
12-23-2016, 07:35 PM
Just call me lucky I guess.... had to check here to see if evryone got the same

Eab1990
12-23-2016, 08:02 PM
So I checked Facebook, and lo and behold, there's barely any salt to be found, and zero of this entitlement bullshit that would make JP players blush in embarrassment.

Imagine that. People on Facebook are more grateful than some of you guys. That's a new low.

smr
12-23-2016, 08:06 PM
This isn't a pay-to-win game to begin with, so this entire post makes no sense.

People who jumped ship likely jumped ship a while ago, if not play both versions. They chose the more freemium-friendly server, but have more RNG hoops to go through to pick a waifu (bigger gacha pool, less 11-roll gold guaranteed deals, etc.). That's their decision and that's fine.

But it is a very pay to win game, gacha games all are.

Actually believing in another game version's RNG makes no sense whatsoever whend odds are the same, your post literally contributed nothing to the matter.

Unregistered
12-23-2016, 08:08 PM
So I checked Facebook, and lo and behold, there's barely any salt to be found, and zero of this entitlement bullshit that would make JP players blush in embarrassment.

Imagine that. People on Facebook are more grateful than some of you guys. That's a new low.

^ no you shut up you Nutaku shill

Eab1990
12-23-2016, 08:15 PM
But it is a very pay to win game, gacha games all are.

Actually believing in another game version's RNG makes no sense whatsoever whend odds are the same, your post literally contributed nothing to the matter.

You're confusing pay-to-waifu with pay-to-win.

Even then, ignoring the guaranteed rainbow deals, whaling with FGs wouldn't even guarantee that you'd get a rainbow, much less the waifu you wanted.

When Nutaku actually hands out deals and freebies that benefit all players, not just paying ones, and you still complain, then yeah, obviously there's a sense of misplaced entitlement here.

Bitching about this ticket is basically like saying you'd never want this freebie to happen again, never mind the tons of free players who just got their first rainbow today without having to deal with the usual bullshit 0.5% rates.

Aidoru
12-23-2016, 08:32 PM
FKG and every nutaku/dmm game is a P2W game. I'm not sure if you think it's because there's no PvP mechanics or something but paying players have a huge advantage over non-paying customers in this and every other of their games. That's a given fact. You will never stand equal to a paying player if you play free, especially not in the nutaku versions.

They don't even need to worry about getting their 'waifus' cause they probably already did with one of the many paid events.

Eab1990
12-23-2016, 08:36 PM
Prior to the guaranteed deals, it definitely wasn't P2W except to the whaliest of whales, and even then, the rates are too horrible to even consider the minimal advantage to be worth it. Unless you're waterfk and you literally give no shits about your wallet.

Ask anyone else who whaled on FGs in the first few months, myself included, and they'd tell you the same thing. To even consider FKG to be a P2W game along the lines of any other gacha game is insanity. The entire reason for FKG being as popular as it is on both Nutaku/DMM is because it ISN'T P2W.

smr
12-23-2016, 08:41 PM
Facebook isnt really an ideal platform to judge reactions from updates simply because we do not assume everyone uses it.

"Waifuism" also applies to maxing out stats with Ampoules, im sure you know these are buyable in infinete quantities therefore pay to win Please do not argue this fact.

I am neutral in this matter, its simply an observation made at Nutaku's order of business.

Aidoru
12-23-2016, 08:48 PM
It only seemed that way during early release because there wasn't much deals to go on with yet but even then, the second you purchase flower gems or spend nutaku gold for the game, you already have an advantage over a free player, whether it be extra character slots, stamina refills or whatever. Sure free players can spend the ones they get in-game too but that means sacrificing FGs they could be to use gacha while those paying customers not only get the FGs obtainable ingame but FGs obtainable via cash and cash itself to spend on special deals.

It is a PW2 game.

Eab1990
12-23-2016, 08:53 PM
Facebook isnt really an ideal platform to judge reactions from updates simply because we do not assume everyone uses it.

"Waifuism" also applies to maxing out stats with Ampoules, im sure you know these are buyable in infinete quantities therefore pay to win Please do not argue this fact.

I am neutral in this matter, its simply an observation made at Nutaku's order of business.

Ampies are farmable normally and aren't even in short supply, not to mention that buying ampies here is a complete ripoff.

In time, everyone will have a few maxed out units. Ffs, even DMM players have the luxury to max out several GRASS units, and they don't have our "buy ampies with FG" model.

This is all beside the point as feeding ampies only serves to boost your max TP, which in the long run means nothing except bragging rights. When everything in the game is clearable without spending a dime and there's no real competition to speak of, it is by definition NOT P2W.

That's like saying KanColle is P2W because paying players can marry multiple shipwaifus, even though it's hardly necessary for the content of the game.

It only seemed that way during early release because there wasn't much deals to go on with yet but even then, the second you purchase flower gems or spend nutaku gold for the game, you already have an advantage over a free player, whether it be extra character slots, stamina refills or whatever. Sure free players can spend the ones they get in-game too but that means sacrificing FGs they could be to use gacha while those paying customers not only get the FGs obtainable ingame but FGs obtainable via cash and cash itself to spend on special deals.

It is a PW2 game.

What part of "pay to waifu", not "pay to win" was not clear?

You said it yourself. All players will get the FGs to max their slots or refill their stamina in due time. Paying players have the luxury to gamble their FGs, which does nothing except leave it to RNG and end up getting nothing but bronzes and silvers 90% of the time anyway.

Because in the end, FKG has shit gacha rates that we all tolerate because they provide plenty of free stuff elsewhere. Any gacha waifus we want, we leave to luck or shell out money for the guaranteed sales. And that does nothing as far as actually *winning*, because gold gacha girls don't completely outpace event girls and rainbow girls are complete overkill for the content of the game.

kringley
12-23-2016, 08:54 PM
I personally don't consider this game particularly P2W. You can make quite good progress at building squads, clearing levels, etc. just with event girls and gacha golds from free FGs. Yes, putting money into it will give you an edge, but I find less issue with that in a single player (non PvP) game. Yes, I've put a bit of money into it; I currently have 17 golds (6 event, 11 non-event) and 2 rainbows. Of the 11 non-event golds, 6 are from free FGs and this ticket. I've only been playing for just over a month; over a longer term even a F2P player who is diligent can build girls strong enough to clear any level they want to.
I've played some other games (some nutaku) which are blatantly P2W - past a certain point, additional progress becomes either pay or a completely unreasonable grind. FKG not so much.
Would I have been happier if my draw had been a rainbow or a gold that I wanted more? sure. But I can make do with what I get.

renchon
12-23-2016, 09:02 PM
Cherry Sage

Aidoru
12-23-2016, 09:10 PM
What part of "pay to waifu", not "pay to win" was not clear?

You said it yourself. All players will get the FGs to max their slots or refill their stamina in due time. Paying players have the luxury to gamble their FGs, which does nothing except leave it to RNG and end up getting nothing but bronzes and silvers 90% of the time anyway.

Because in the end, FKG has shit gacha rates that we all tolerate because they provide plenty of free stuff elsewhere. Any gacha waifus we want, we leave to luck or shell out money for the guaranteed sales. And that does nothing as far as actually *winning*, because gold gacha girls don't completely outpace event girls and rainbow girls are complete overkill for the content of the game.

The fact that pay to waifu is no different than pay to win.

All players gets FG, paying players get more. Just because paying players take more risks with gacha doesn't mean free players don't take those risks either and paying players have even more advantages with guaranteed sales. Complaining about shit rates is irrelevant when that applies to everyone.

Hey man, I'd like to have 500 character slots and equipment slots but I'm over here saving up my measly 1~10 flower gems a week from new events just to try get 1 11roll gacha every couple months.

Eab1990
12-23-2016, 09:13 PM
The fact that pay to waifu is no different than pay to win.

Well, it's no wonder you guys are entitled as fuck if that's what you honestly think.

Guess we're done here.

Aidoru
12-23-2016, 09:23 PM
Well, it's no wonder you guys are entitled as fuck if that's what you honestly think.

Guess we're done here.

My responses had nothing to do with people complaining or being entitled, it was entirely about your remark saying the game wasn't a P2W game. Though honestly, at this point, you're just as guilty with how much you felt the need complain about shit rates for paying players which isn't only for them.

And FYI, I'm not a free player nor am I defending them.

Eab1990
12-23-2016, 09:33 PM
The point about shit rates is that paying players don't benefit from them any more than free players do. The rates are bad enough that it's not unheard of for a free player to get a rainbow in one...

Aidoru
12-23-2016, 11:00 PM
You seem to be under the belief that paying to speed up a process isn't paying to win and regardless it isn't just that, which I've stated in almost every single one of my posts. <br />
<br />
I said this...

Eab1990
12-23-2016, 11:12 PM
You seem to be under the belief that paying to speed up a process isn't paying to win and regardless it isn't just that, which I've stated in almost every single one of my posts.

I said this before already, it doesn't matter how long you play, you will never catch up to a paying player if you are free. It's not a matter of time solving the problem and "eventually you'll be able to clear it too", it's a matter of paying players having far more advantages in general.. That advantage alone is already P2W. The difference between FKG's P2W value compared to other games is that it is less so but that doesn't change the fact that it is.

What you're arguing is the entire reason for mobage transactions existing, not an actual tangible difference between free and paying players. Convenience isn't inherently P2W.

Look at it this way. If I showed you a random account with a sizable amount of non-event golds and a few rainbows (ignoring levels, affection, ampies, etc.), would you be able to immediately distinguish if it was a long-time, lucky free player, or a whale who picked up the game last Tuesday? No.

Or look at it in reverse. If I showed you an account with practically no golds or rainbows, could you say for certain if it was a new free player, or a paying player with an extremely unlucky streak? Still no.

Whatever gap you see between free and paying players is largely eliminated by time and luck. Paying mitigates both, but without the guaranteed deals, it's still up to RNG in the end. Again, the main reason for FKG's popularity in the first place is that freemium players aren't left in the dust. Ergo, not P2W.

Time is only a factor if it's not feasible for free players to "catch up" to paying players. See: Pero, Osawari, really any game with ranking events.

Time is not a factor if it's just RNG in the end, and there isn't even any pressing difficulty or competition. Again, even Nutaku FKG is friendlier than DMM in this regard. Yeah, everyone gets less free gems, but if they hold 11-roll guaranteed gold deals every month, that's already a boon for free players.

And to go into a depressing note, in the end, waifus are just an advanced form of cosmetics anyway. Games like Overwatch aren't pay to win for a similar reason. Just because you can pay to speed up the process of getting loot boxes, the only thing it does is reducing the amount of grinding you have to do. It doesn't give you a distinct advantage over free players.

Pay to waifu. Pay to dress-up. Not pay to win.

Aidoru
12-23-2016, 11:34 PM
Your example only further supports my reasoning. The fact that the so call whale already with a week old account consisting of an equal/similar amount of units than the free player who has been playing for who knows how long just goes to show you how much of an advantage that paying players can catch up at...

And a perfect example of this is myself. I have been playing for less than 2 months and my helper squad has 108k TP (in fact you can say it's only been a month since I have barely bothered to level them the past 1~2 weeks). I've seen several users on here who have played far longer than me that aren't even there yet.

Any kind of advantage one has from paying, no matter how small is still an advantage.

Eab1990
12-23-2016, 11:43 PM
That. Isn't. Pay. To. Win.

The free player had time and luck. The paying player traded money for time. If anything, they're equal and just went about it in different ways.

What the hell does it take for you to get the point? An advantage that anyone else can make up for in a reasonable amount of time isn't a P2W advantage at all.

This is so fucking stupid already.

Aidoru
12-24-2016, 12:02 AM
A paying player having an advantage is P2W. Players who purchase gold and flower gems have more advantages. Simple as that. I don't get why you don't get it.

A paying player has everything a free player has and more.

smr
12-24-2016, 12:03 AM
Farming for a constant supply of ampies requires powerful knights that can cover as much of a map as possible which is something a new f2p player or a regular player with only event golds can do, especially when they either gamble their gems on gacha or spend it on secret gardens. Ampies will obviously be easy to gather for the regular paying player that spends on the occasional offer and 100/300 single pulls. The price of Ampies are subjective to each player, you cannot decide whether the price is fair or not for everyone as we all value prices differently.

In the long run it means alot to fully ampy your knights as more endgame content comes along. There is actually a map on DMM that awards ten gems on 3 medals that requires both strategic abilities and preferrably max ampied units.

Marrying units in Kancolle is mandatory to unlock content (most destroyers cannot perform a special opening attack unless you level them to about 116-120 which requires real money to unlock, as well as overall stat increase and new voice lines blocked by money).

How are we going to be able to complete all character quests without paying to win
for all the gacha golds and rainbows, you cannot accept that a person will eventually get lucky and acquire all past rainbows and ongoing ones with event/compensation gems alone. The fact that new waifus come out every two weeks with low rates simply justifies pay to win for thosd that want them, especially collectors and heavy spenders.

What exactly is pay to waifu? I am pretty sure this was just made up on the spot but if you want a particular knight badly and you dont get her with gems, there is a good chance you will spend money to get her. Then perhaps another waifu pops up that you also fancy. The cycle of paying to win a grill continues.

I am just sad Nutaku's game staff actually preys on how treacherous RNG is with gacha games to actually tempt players to spend more, althouhh I font complain about getting dupes for useful girls.

renchon
12-24-2016, 12:04 AM
but we didn't win anything in this game since PVP system is not exist

fate
12-24-2016, 12:08 AM
win? all of us win. This game doesn't have pvp mode lol

smr
12-24-2016, 12:11 AM
For example, you dont have much time to fully upgrade an event girl and the current event ends in a few hours. With no gems in your stock you decide to buy a few to renew your stamina. This is not pay to win? Paying customers always have the edge over free player.

We will assume said player spends his gems on other things for the sake of this argument, because we cannot speak for every player on how gems should be used and how a person manages his playing schedule.

Eab1990
12-24-2016, 12:11 AM
Because the &quot;advantage&quot; you're so hung up on is fucking meaningless. Hell, in some cases, free players can even overcome the advantage by sheer luck. That's how fucking meaningless it is. <br />
<br />
An...

smr
12-24-2016, 12:18 AM
I cannot comment on those pay to win examples as I do not fully know the entire model of those games. However we can agree that using shortcuts to access content (especially limited time) is a form of paying to win, correct?

Eab1990
12-24-2016, 12:21 AM
Farming for a constant supply of ampies requires powerful knights that can cover as much of a map as possible which is something a new f2p player or a regular player with only event golds can do, especially when they either gamble their gems on gacha or spend it on secret gardens. Ampies will obviously be easy to gather for the regular paying player that spends on the occasional offer and 100/300 single pulls. The price of Ampies are subjective to each player, you cannot decide whether the price is fair or not for everyone as we all value prices differently.

In the long run it means alot to fully ampy your knights as more endgame content comes along. There is actually a map on DMM that awards ten gems on 3 medals that requires both strategic abilities and preferrably max ampied units.

Marrying units in Kancolle is mandatory to unlock content (most destroyers cannot perform a special opening attack unless you level them to about 116-120 which requires real money to unlock, as well as overall stat increase and new voice lines blocked by money).

How are we going to be able to complete all character quests without paying to win
for all the gacha golds and rainbows, you cannot accept that a person will eventually get lucky and acquire all past rainbows and ongoing ones with event/compensation gems alone. The fact that new waifus come out every two weeks with low rates simply justifies pay to win for thosd that want them, especially collectors and heavy spenders.

What exactly is pay to waifu? I am pretty sure this was just made up on the spot but if you want a particular knight badly and you dont get her with gems, there is a good chance you will spend money to get her. Then perhaps another waifu pops up that you also fancy. The cycle of paying to win a grill continues.

I am just sad Nutaku's game staff actually preys on how treacherous RNG is with gacha games to actually tempt players to spend more, althouhh I font complain about getting dupes for useful girls.

Anyone can clear chapter 12 within a month of playtime. Or hell, even less time than that thanks to helpers. You'll probably need a helper with Edelweiss/Toad Lily abilities to clear 12-5, but it's more than doable for anyone at this point.

I'm pretty sure all FKG endgame maps are clearable with event golds. And yes, there are crazy dedicated people who have found strategies to clear it with silvers as well. Not P2W.

As far as I'm aware, all players can marry one KanColle ship waifu, and that's all that's needed, really. I've never heard of endgame content that required a full married team of shipwaifus. Just RNGfests and a lot of resource grinding. Voice lines? That's not essential content.

Character quests, are you fucking kidding me? By that logic, 0.0000000001% of all FKG players have "won" the game, because only millionaires have a 100% complete album at all times.

Aigis is pay to waifu. No, I don't need a princess to clear this map, but do I like this princess? Yes, and I will spend money to gamble to get her. But I can clear this stage without her, even if I have to use a different unit, or need to follow this video guide to the second and grind tons of other lesser units to make up for it. That is pay to waifu.

I cannot comment on those pay to win examples as I do not fully know the entire model of those games. However we can agree that using shortcuts to access content (especially limited time) is a form of paying to win, correct?

Limited time AND competition, yes.

Otherwise, it's just a missed out opportunity.

Regardless, FKG does not have such limited time events that freemium players are left in the dust. Nor does it have any form of PVP, as others said. There's nothing TO win between free and paying players except bragging rights, therefore the idea that P2W even exists in this game is complete bullshit.

Aidoru
12-24-2016, 12:24 AM
Me bringing up advantages is no different than you constantly bringing up your probability argument, which I've stated, applies the same to everyone paying or not. A free player might have good luck...

Eab1990
12-24-2016, 12:34 AM
For the last fucking time, the probability argument is out there because paying players do not have a significant advantage over it compared to free players.

It's the same fucking thing with DMM vs. Nutaku players. DMM players get to roll more because they get more free gems, does that mean they automatically have better lineups than Nutaku players? No, the RNG can shit on them just as much as any paying player. Rolling endlessly does not mean they won't get 20 dupes of the same gold, or any gold at all.

waterfk is a whale. His TP is probably over 500k by now. But when 99% of the game's current content can be beaten with a 300k team, 500k makes no difference. That's the whole point I'm trying to make about P2W not existing. You can't "win" more than a free player if the free player can win as much as the game can offer you on his own. There's no need to "catch up" because it's completely unnecessary.

Clearing the story/events in half the time isn't P2W. Waifu collecting is not part of "winning" the game, it IS the game. But there's no difficulty or competitive aspect of it to be had here. No waifu is 100% barred from free players (I'm ignoring serial code characters because we don't even know if Nutaku is getting them, nor how Nutaku will handle them).

All FKG events (with the possible exception of Monotropastrum's and future gacha events, which have a heavy RNG factor) offer more than enough time for anyone to get an event girl, if not max them, so stamina is a non-factor here. Ampies, manyus, gifts, etc. are all extras and can be grinded separately from the event. Not P2W.

Aidoru
12-24-2016, 12:38 AM
It is a significant advantage. More attempts = more chances. Is that not obvious? Priority and guaranteed gacha only supports the idea.

And no one ever said anything about DMM and Nutaku being different so I don't know why you even brought it up. Both are P2W, DMM's version, of all their games, are just more generous in comparison to Nutakus.

Eab1990
12-24-2016, 12:46 AM
Yeah, this is a fucking waste of time. You're completely hopeless.

If you were just going to parrot the same things and repeatedly ignore how I've said that none of that makes a damn difference as far as the *definition* of P2W, you could've left it at that three pages ago. Instead of wallowing in your self-ignorance, you had to stretch this pointless debate out. You couldn't even concede the idea of P2W =/= pay to waifu because that idea is somehow foreign to you in a game as simple as FKG.

I even provided an example of how more money =/= superior player in the form of a completely different non-P2W game (Overwatch), and that still somehow wasn't a good enough comparison for you.

How thick can you get?

Aidoru
12-24-2016, 12:54 AM
I'm parroting cause you keep bringing up the exact same argument.

And there you go again with your made up term Pay to waifu, apparently it seems you make up definitions for to suit your own need. Its not my fault you feel so offended by calling something what it is.

Eab1990
12-24-2016, 12:56 AM
Fucking wow, you think the idea of pay to waifu is something I made up. Even though this is literally the concept that the top DMM games run on.

Amazing how clueless some people can get.

Aidoru
12-24-2016, 12:59 AM
Yes, and every other concept the top DMM games run on, P2W.

Eab1990
12-24-2016, 01:03 AM
I literally just presented how Aigis was not P2W, and you completely ignored it like the rest of my posts. <br />
<br />
In case you already need a refresher.

Aidoru
12-24-2016, 01:07 AM
I didn't ignore it. You used it as an example but said there was an exception for whales. Why does it get an exception? Because it literally contradicts everything you said if the features aren't excluded? Because you needed a reason to prove it isn't F2P when content isn't completely doable by everyone?

I haven't played the game so I can only go base off by what you said and this isn't the Aigis board, which is why I didn't bother responding to that part.

smr
12-24-2016, 01:08 AM
People have different opinions on the matter of what pay to win and gacha games are, attacking others that have different opinions on the subject matter accomplishes nothing.

Eab1990
12-24-2016, 01:21 AM
Majin maps are specifically geared towards whales, but that doesn't mean free players are barred from it, nor are they missing out on anything by not doing it. They were made to present a challenge...

Aidoru
12-24-2016, 01:31 AM
It's not fuck logic, it's simply obvious that your definition of P2W is different from mines and several others who have posted. The only difference is I bothered to actually reply. And I've already gone over different values of P2W games, just because one has less P2W content than another game doesn't make it something else.

Eab1990
12-24-2016, 01:39 AM
Implying I'm the weird one and not you, even though several people even jokingly responded that it's not P2W on the similar basis that there's nothing "to win".

I'm just the only one bored enough to call you out on your bullshit.

You and smr are also weird for apparently not having heard of the term "pay to waifu" before.

nazrin992
12-24-2016, 01:43 AM
I thought pay to waifu is just a wordplay to pay to win:o

Eab1990
12-24-2016, 01:47 AM
It can be both, but seeing as FKG isn't like your average kMMO or whatever, and rainbows being the equivalent of "stupidly OP broken equipment" doesn't mean anything in the context of a non-PVP game, the term P2W as it's normally used holds no water here.

Which I've been trying to explain for the past five pages, to no avail.

Aidoru
12-24-2016, 01:48 AM
I've only started playing Nutaku games about 2 months ago, as mentioned before. Before that, the only game I knew of was KaneColle, which I was never interested enough to play. I have no plans on ever using the discord chats.

And in the end, the problem is mostly because I don't intake the phrase the same way as you. You seem to take it in a literal sense, especially the "win" part. For me, win isn't just some kind of competition in some PvP themed game or some leader board , it's moving far ahead of other players, being able to reach the end game and often with a lot less effort because you can't win MMOs in the first place and yet many are P2W. It's not so much about winning but all the advantages one gets over the other, yes I will keep using this word, that paying players have. I won't bother to type out the rest, you can go read the rest of all the previous pages.

Rupturez
12-24-2016, 01:48 AM
Seems there has been a lot of shitstorm in this thread while I was sleep.

I'll just throw in my two cents.

-While I understand your sentiment of saying that this game is p2w because Nutaku fking gem starves their free players so incredibly bad to the point we are blowing 700 stamina on a reissue just to get 1 gem, no this game is not pay to win. There is nothing to win.

-Someone stated that the people unhappy with this ticket are ungrateful and spoiled and wish for this to never happen again. Well you're right. I would have rather that this shit did not happen, and I am spoiled and ungrateful. First thing I notice though is that all these players saying this got either a new gold or rainbow while claiming "a dupe gold would have been good as well." Well nice fucking saint shit going there, but I'm not like that. If it was a guaranteed 5* for everyone or 6* for everyone, I would be thrilled. I would be glad to recieve a christmas present like that even if I pull a dupe out of it. But if you make an unleveled playing field in such a simple thing as a christmas present, how can I possibly be thrilled? You can't even begin to imagine what RNG luck I've dealt with in this game since release and now I get even MORE rng in my present.

Eab1990
12-24-2016, 02:02 AM
And in the end, the problem is mostly because I don't intake the phrase the same way as you. You seem to take it in a literal sense, especially the "win" part. For me, win isn't just some kind of competition in some PvP themed game or some leader board , it's moving far ahead of other players, being able to reach the end game and often with a lot less effort because you can't win MMOs in the first place and yet many are P2W.

Ignoring how wrong this sentiment is, what MMOs have you been playing for it to not have a win condition that P2W can't capitalize on? Maybe the purely cosmetic ones like TERA wouldn't count, but just about anything else with a PVP aspect has some form of gacha and/or P2W system that completely invalidates your statement. Of course there's P2W when a paying player can completely outclass a free player in direct competition, regardless of skill.

But like Rupturez and everyone else here says, there is no direct competition, no race to win in FKG.

-While I understand your sentiment of saying that this game is p2w because Nutaku fking gem starves their free players so incredibly bad to the point we are blowing 700 stamina on a reissue just to get 1 gem, no this game is not pay to win. There is nothing to win.

-Someone stated that the people unhappy with this ticket are ungrateful and spoiled and wish for this to never happen again. Well you're right. I would have rather that this shit did not happen, and I am spoiled and ungrateful. First thing I notice though is that all these players saying this got either a new gold or rainbow while claiming "a dupe gold would have been good as well." Well nice fucking saint shit going there, but I'm not like that. If it was a guaranteed 5* for everyone or 6* for everyone, I would be thrilled. I would be glad to recieve a christmas present like that even if I pull a dupe out of it. But if you make an unleveled playing field in such a simple thing as a christmas present, how can I possibly be thrilled? You can't even begin to imagine what RNG luck I've dealt with in this game since release and now I get even MORE rng in my present.

Gem starving is what Aigis does, really. Well, crystal starving. But Nutaku FKG, while not ideal, does at least give out enough FGs for an 11-roll every 1.5 months on average. That's not the terrible part. Getting nothing but bronze/silver after that 1.5 month wait is what's terrible. But it's still better than Aigis giving out 2-4 rolls' worth of SCs a month on average, and contending with that 50% silver rate there as well. And again, it's paid off to have an FG stockpile for those guaranteed gold deals, or the Bridal Oncidium deal.

Aye, I said that you people were ungrateful. But at least you admit it. Hell, I should be pissed about my roll as well, seeing as I got the same rainbow I paid for, TWICE (Sakura). But I'm not, because I already got lucky with my 11-roll earlier, and I could've done worse than a dupe rainbow of a girl I like. And I can at least be happy for anyone else who lucked out with a rainbow they like.

Unless it's Daisy. Daisy belongs to me, dammit.

Drip
12-24-2016, 02:22 AM

More or less my sentiment as well. There's no "Win" in FKG, so the correct term would be "Pay to Get Ahead", not Pay to Win. But Pay to Waifu is a fun term as well for these kind of games.
And Nutaku should perhaps consider making future presents less RNG, so people feel less "treated unequal". Doesn't matter if a present is a 6*, a 5* or even a 3*. Possibly even just give everybody the exact same girl, to prevent the "Bwahhhh, I got a dupe while he pulled a new gold" complaints that would no doubt come up.

But, in the end, the 5*+ ticket was still a free gift, which gave about everybody who used it a benefit, no matter how small.

Aidoru
12-24-2016, 02:25 AM
The good old Nexon Maplestory days are what I'm talking about. Where games focused solely on partying up to grinding level and gearing up, and that's it. They didn't even have PvP when I played. The closest thing to PvP is who can kill X boss faster. Cash shop involved gacha, exp modifiers, more slots, etc.

Regardless, as I've already said many times before, it's not so much about winning but all the advantages one gets over the other by using money and this is probably the last time Ill say it as there's honestly no reason to go over this again as it won't get anywhere. You can stick with your definition and I'll stick with mine.

MachThreeSlug
12-24-2016, 02:59 AM
Wow. I spend a few hours driving over the mountains and all hell breaks lose in this thread.

For those of you who are wondering what I got I ended up getting a second Epidendrum. I ain't salty about it though seeing that I realised my luck is kinda shit a few years ago. XD

maotd
12-24-2016, 04:25 AM
Wow. There is a lot of things said here.

To share my small experience and add another point of view to this debate, I'm a totally free player since exactly 186 days (I even resist to the BF temptation). And I absolutly don't see this game like a pay to win. I'm more than 400k total power and I can do every event map with ridiculous ease.
A free player can never reach the level of paying players? Maybe. But actually I still have more TP than any other paying players in my friend list (I don't say this to brag, it's just to show you that a free player can also have a decent level compared to players with 5 lvl 70 rainbows in their helper teams).

Sure this game is pay to accelerate, almost sure it's pay to waifu (at least if you care enough about waifu to spend money for them) but pay to win... okay but to win what? There is nothing to win here. Almost all the current stuff is doable with a medium level team. There is no PvP here and the only multiplayer side of the game is based on indirect cooperation.
There is no actual thing to win. Only having fun while playing with waifu or less-waifu girls. the rest only depends of the peoples and what they want from the game.
If for you winning is reaching the higest total power as fast as you can or get the largest harem possible or feel as much as possible the exitation of a 10+1 roll, yes it's pay to win. But if you just want to play, max affection/level your girls and complete the events, it is not. Absolulty not.

Drip
12-24-2016, 05:09 AM
At some point, even Free players will reach the stage where more girls doesn't necessarily mean a better team. So yeah, I pulled a Setaria from this ticket, which I didn't have yet. Will that improve my team even one bit? No, because she'll be benched forever, except maybe for Nation Battles (which are piss easy and can be done with a quarter filled unit consisting of only 2* and 3* girls). Everybody will eventually get a full team of golds, and once that happens, will start pulling non-dupe golds or even rainbows, who simply don't fit in their unit.

As odd as it might sound to some, I'd rather pull a dupe Cyrtanthus than a dupe Black Baccara by now, or even a new Ionocidium (since I don't have her yet). Simply because that dupe Cyrtanthus fits my squads, while those rainbows, mighty as they may be, do not, and would be benched anyway. And even the slightly weaker event girls have a place in my squads. My second strongest squad actually gets carried by Hypericum and Mirabilis, both event girls, while my strongest squad has non-maxed Tachibana and non-maxed Geranium as important cogs in the wheel.

Wutan
12-24-2016, 05:54 AM
I am at the exact same state as many Veteran Players:

At a specific point you don't need a random 5* anymore, you need specific 5*, waifus or new Rainbows to boost your team.

It's kinda funny that a lot of Players on this list http://harem-battle.club/flower-knight-girl/2393-compiled-friend-id-list-forumers.html got screwed by RNG this time and a lot of new Players got a 6* :p

Anyway i am complaining about my luck and that's totally fine.

Fact is that even it is a gift some Players got more value out of it.

Honestly i don't need Gerbera as a unit, nor is she a waifu. She will be benched forever and is a waste of an inventory Slot.

That's the reason i say a 5* ticket to choose your Girl with a 50% Rainbow Chance would be better.

Everybody would be happy you know :p

Tomaa
12-24-2016, 06:12 AM
http://i.harem-battle.club/images/2016/12/24/ZPxDNVGUT.jpg

Wutan
12-24-2016, 06:20 AM
Do you refer to my post, friend?

If you have something to say don't post a single Image.

blobz
12-24-2016, 06:28 AM
I've read whole thread after reading on 4chan there is some shitstorm here... and wow.
People are angry that their guaranteed 5 star ticket gave em 5 star? I would understand if by magic it gave you 2 star or something. Granted some got a dupe (be it 5 or 6 star one) but you still can use it to level up equipment (or if you are lucky skill) slot. Yes it blows to get a dupe, but you've paid nothing for it and you've spent no collected FG resources to get it. I know "grass is greener..." and all that nonsense but some of you are taking it way too far :(

Tomaa
12-24-2016, 06:34 AM
Do you refer to my post, friend?

If you have something to say don't post a single Image.

Of course not, I didnt quote you there.
This thread deserves a facepalm...

Eab1990
12-24-2016, 06:52 AM
I don't even know why I bothered.

(Oh right, now I remember. Assholes plowing snow outside my house at TWO IN THE MORNING.)

The level of self-entitlement ITT triggers me, sure, as do people who don't know the difference between P2W and pay to waifu, but some people are just unpleasable.

sniddy
12-24-2016, 07:01 AM
I see a little of both sides, leaving it so upto RNG was kinda a dickish move

But yeh a free 5* was nice, especially if you don't have many - chance of a 6* stung a little when you don't get it but....hey still 5* for free....

Some people are just a little too salty for my taste in this thread

nazrin992
12-24-2016, 07:21 AM
Well, you know this thread has high value if it even got their attention:rolleyes:

Rupturez
12-24-2016, 07:32 AM
I've read whole thread after reading on 4chan there is some shitstorm here... and wow.
People are angry that their guaranteed 5 star ticket gave em 5 star? I would understand if by magic it gave you 2 star or something. Granted some got a dupe (be it 5 or 6 star one) but you still can use it to level up equipment (or if you are lucky skill) slot. Yes it blows to get a dupe, but you've paid nothing for it and you've spent no collected FG resources to get it. I know "grass is greener..." and all that nonsense but some of you are taking it way too far :(

It's not a guaranteed 5* ticket its a 50/50 ticket and that is part of the problem. Do you think salt would have happened if it was a 100% 5* ticket? No. It would not have, people getting a dupe would shrug it off since everyone got a gold. Hell they would even be happy. But now we leave a present up to the RNG gods and heres where it goes wrong, you see there are a lot of long-term players who played since release or a couple of weeks after it, those said players might have even bought some gems (or not if total f2p) before guaranteed deals became a thing, but never pulled a rainbow. Not a single time in 7 months. They have a lot of golds to bolster their ranks, more golds than they might even care for. You wouldn't know the feeling, you have pulled atleast 3 rainbows though sheer luck. The "veterans" however now see so many people with maybe not even a quarter of their total play time pull rainbows left right and center. To further fuel their frustration they pull a dupe gold.

Now I fully know that it is WRONG to be angry, I can't help but FEEL this way and curse my eternal bad luck. I am HAPPY for the people that got something good but still feel MISERABLE myself about the entire present and think it was INCREDIBLY DUMB TO MAKE IT RNG.

I'm not telling you to agree with me, hell I even know myself that I should be grateful. I just can't feel grateful because of the always and forever bad rng luck. I'm only asking for people to at least understand that much. In a couple of days we will shrug it off, like we have been doing for 7 months but at least understand that we feel stabbed right now!

Dari
12-24-2016, 07:39 AM
It's not a guaranteed 5* ticket its a 50/50 ticket and that is part of the problem. Do you think salt would have happened if it was a 100% 5* ticket? No. It would not have, people getting a dupe would shrug it off since everyone got a gold. Hell they would even be happy. But now we leave a present up to the RNG gods and heres where it goes wrong, you see there are a lot of long-term players who played since release or a couple of weeks after it, those said players might have even bought some gems (or not if total f2p) before guaranteed deals became a thing, but never pulled a rainbow. Not a single time in 7 months. They have a lot of golds to bolster their ranks, more golds than they might even care for. You wouldn't know the feeling, you have pulled atleast 3 rainbows though sheer luck. The "veterans" however now see so many people with maybe not even a quarter of their total play time pull rainbows left right and center. To further fuel their frustration they pull a dupe gold.

Now I fully know that it is WRONG to be angry, I can't help but FEEL this way and curse my eternal bad luck. I am HAPPY for the people that got something good but still feel MISERABLE myself about the entire present and think it was INCREDIBLY DUMB TO MAKE IT RNG.

I'm not telling you to agree with me, hell I even know myself that I should be grateful. I just can't feel grateful because of the always and forever bad rng luck. I'm only asking for people to at least understand that much. In a couple of days we will shrug it off, like we have been doing for 7 months but at least understand that we feel stabbed right now!

I totally agree with this, the tickets are RNG enough, making it more RNG with rainbow vs gold tickets is a dick move.

Eab1990
12-24-2016, 07:51 AM
Do you think salt would have happened if it was a 100% 5* ticket? No. It would not have, people getting a dupe would shrug it off since everyone got a gold.

I'm 100% positive that there would still be salt.

Would it have been any better for you if the ticket was 94% gold and 6% rainbow or whatever, like how it normally is in DMM? I know a lot less people would be happy with their rolls if that were the case, but if we're gonna go with this "everyone or no one" mentality, surely worse rates is the answer, right?

Slight correction, I took another look.

DMM 4*+ tickets have a 1.5% chance of giving rainbows.
5*+ tickets have a 7.5% chance of giving rainbows.

We got a FIFTY FUCKING PERCENT chance and people still aren't happy about that.

Rupturez
12-24-2016, 08:03 AM
I'm 100% positive that there would still be salt.

Would it have been any better for you if the ticket was 94% gold and 6% rainbow or whatever, like how it normally is in DMM? I know a lot less people would be happy with their rolls if that were the case, but if we're gonna go with this "everyone or no one" mentality, surely worse rates is the answer, right?

Slight correction, I took another look.

DMM 4*+ tickets have a 1.5% chance of giving rainbows.
5*+ tickets have a 7.5% chance of giving rainbows.

We got a FIFTY FUCKING PERCENT chance and people still aren't happy about that.

If you don't understand my sentiment now you never will. Never once did I state that lower rates was the anwser you just missed my point completely.
We have different opinions and I respect that, I'm not going to make an effort to convince any people, I already said it in my previous post, I don't ask for people to agree with me.

Eab1990
12-24-2016, 08:08 AM
Your point was you have no point. You're just angry that some people are luckier than others, even with 50/50 odds and veteran status.

There's no solution to that without pissing off someone else instead. You're just ranting for the sake of ranting.

DMAsh
12-24-2016, 08:09 AM
I myself wouldn't be salty if I got a new FK out of this ticket. But no, it had to give me another dupe Oncidium, for the third time in a row.

I ONLY HAVE 3 FLOWER KNIGHTS OUT OF THE WHOLE FUCKING POOL! HOW IS IT I KEEP GETTING DUPES OF THE SAME ONE!?

Rupturez
12-24-2016, 08:10 AM
Your point was you have no point. You're just angry that some people are luckier than others, even with 50/50 odds and veteran status.

There's no solution to that without pissing off someone else instead. You're just ranting for the sake of ranting.

You're partly right and partly wrong. My point was that RNG in a present is a bad idea.
But i'm growing really fucking tired of this so I'm leaving now for christmas eve. I wish everyone a happy christmas.

Unregistered
12-24-2016, 08:10 AM
I think this thread should be renamed "Merry RNGmas", because that's quite literally what it is.
On a side note, my roll was Iris...
Useful Battle Ability?: No
Waifu pick?: No
New Girl?: Yes

...Well that's one good thing out of three. Still would've preferred something better, like a 6* (which has a 100x increase in chance from normal gacha if the ticket odds are accurate), or, as people have been saying they SHOULD'VE done, pick-your-own 5*.

Also, to the people saying we have no right to complain, you're right.
But we'll complain anyways.

Eab1990
12-24-2016, 08:18 AM
You're partly right and partly wrong. My point was that RNG in a present is a bad idea.
But i'm growing really fucking tired of this so I'm leaving now for christmas eve. I wish everyone a happy christmas.

Everyone gets the same girl: "wtf I have this girl already/I don't like this girl worst present ever"

Everyone gets to pick: "wtf I had to pay money last month to pick why is it free for everyone now"

No present whatsoever: Well, this is just obvious.

Nobody wins.

Drip
12-24-2016, 08:27 AM
I think this thread should be renamed "Merry RNGmas", because that's quite literally what it is.
On a side note, my roll was Iris...
Useful Battle Ability?: No
Waifu pick?: No
New Girl?: Yes

...Well that's one good thing out of three. Still would've preferred something better, like a 6* (which has a 100x increase in chance from normal gacha if the ticket odds are accurate), or, as people have been saying they SHOULD'VE done, pick-your-own 5*.

Also, to the people saying we have no right to complain, you're right.
But we'll complain anyways.
We have the right to complain, there's just not really a reason to complain. Or maybe there's some reason to complain (might've been better if it was just a 5* guaranteed with absolutely no chance to pull a 6*), but some of the complaints *are* rather unreasonable. Nobody got coal as some claimed, it's just that some got a shinier present than others. Ah well.
(Side note: a very pure chunk of anthracite can be very shiny when polished. Still, I don't think anybody got coal.)

Unregistered432
12-24-2016, 08:39 AM
The face when everybody complaining has 2-3 rainbows on their signature...

I got a 6, not one that I like but I dont really care in the end, it was free.

Of course a pick-a-5* would be good but they did it earlier for 3000 gold, I'd be salty if I bought it.

Myrdin
12-24-2016, 11:24 AM

Ok I read enough, I cant keep myself silent anymore.
(This is a reaction comment to Eab, and the way this thread has been unfolding. As for the Ticket - I have already said my part previously, about equal treatment, so I will just briefly skim over it)

Eab - YOU are FULL OF SHIT
Amazing revelation right ? Oh wait you didnt know that ? Well then let me enlighten you a little bit !
And yes that is my subjective opinion only. You are free to disagree, as you have right to do so, and I for one accept that, as accepting the fact that other people may actually have an opinion different to mine is not a world shattering revelation.

Your conduct is miserable, you keep preaching to everyone and when someone shows a different opinion or mindset you proceed to insult them, attack them and throw a tantrum.

The fuck you are ? A 5 year old trying to act adult ? Yes go on accusing me of attacking you. I DARE YOU. I WILL even full heartedly AGREE on it coz thats exactly what I AM doing. Unlike you I have the balls to actually admit it, instead of hiding that fact behind nonsense ramblings, smart ass remarks and acting like the big man. Yes ACTING like one does NOT make you one. I read ALL of what was said here. And yes while I agree that FKG is NOT a P2W game, I will not remain silent seeing the way you carry yourself here like "I know it all so you plebs better agree with me or suffer my oh so eloquent remarks".

You also lack ANY resemblance of empathy for the players who have had more than justified themselves why they are angry with what happened. Yes a free gift is amazing, and on that we agree - as long as the gift is of equal value to all the players that is. Which it was NOT. Heck why did they not make it pure 5* or pure 6* ticket ? You tell me, as you obviously have an answer to everything.

What Nutaku did right here was effectively shove a massive FUCK YOU edge between the players, separating them into the "worthy" and "guilty", simply by... yes you guessed it.... adding the RNG element into a FUCKING GIFT. Let that sink in for a moment. They gave everyone a gift, however the gift was not of equal value to everyone. Who cares bout dupes, what we are talking about is the difference between getting a 5* and getting a 6*. A 6* which some people who played for few months have already multiple of while many the older players got zero. Now this is well accepted thing as far as regular pulls are concerned and everyone accepts that. After all RNG is a bitch. That however changes the moment it is given as a gift. A gift that is meant to bring joy, but instead left many of the people in bewilderment and with a rotten aftertaste.
IF they really wanted to make the people happy, unanimously, they should have made that a unified 100% drop ticket of which ever rarity, gold or rainbow.

Kinda contradicts what gift are meant to be right ? And considering how many people felt this way, then that can no longer be treated as simple "selfishness of a person" scale, rather it is incentive to think that there must have been something wrong from within the system itself. Which IS for the very fucking reason I have already explained above (and many others who wrote it themselves as well).

IT WAS a piss poor move by Nutaku. And If you CANT see that being one then you are either blind, stupid or plain outright insensitive and without any empathy for fellow players.
Kicking em while they are down. You positively destroyed all the respect I had for you (which, believe it or not, was a rather marginal deal) so far. Great fucking move mister "Oh I am so much better than all of you" And If you dont agree with me or see things my way you are not entitled to your opinion which of course would have sucked anyway - this is me pretty much quote on quoting your thought process, or at the very least the way you have shown it in your comments in the past few pages (though in all honesty this behavior was pretty much a standard to all your conduct here on the forums from what I have seen so far)
Guess what... You are not.

What you are however is being full of shit, and I am calling you out on that right now. I have tried patiently to not mind that, but enough is enough. The cup is not full, it is fucking boiling over. You wanna roll out on someone ? Then you better be fucking ready to suffer the consequences when others take note.
And yes this post will be full of grammar errors and idiosyncrasies, DEAL WITH IT !
Merry Christmass ! ... and good fucking riddance.

DMAsh
12-24-2016, 11:38 AM
Honestly, I think I would've preferred a Flower Gem as a gift, seeing as tickets seem to have 'bug' issues. Apparently I mentioned this on discord, and all I was told that I should expect Oncidium in all the tickets involving a 5* gacha. Not in those words exactly, but it could be summed up as such.

The devs should do away with the tickets and replace it with something else. Maybe they should've brought back the 5* guaranteed gacha for 5 flower gems, at least i know that one works properly.

Discoceris
12-24-2016, 12:05 PM
Any good? I have no clue...

http://i.imgur.com/J0M5Mib.png

- - - Updated - - -

Are you a Nutaku employee? Because you're very passionate about this, when it's just a free item dropped into a box. I ripped Nutaku about their handling over Sengoku Providence, because they deserved it. But anyone would just not step into a debate over RNG, because that's just salt and people venting. Leave 'em alone, unless you're a Nutaku employee...

Eab1990
12-24-2016, 12:18 PM
Honestly, Nutaku should probably be paying me at this point for the shit I *do* give them credit for, yet others fail to see. They're deserving of a lot of crap and need way better communication than they do, but when FKG's team breaks away from that and doesn't treat its players like absolute shit, and people still don't appreciate that, then yeah, I almost don't blame them for the rest of the shit they pull.

To answer your other question, Christmas Rose has a meh evolved ability (ignore movement panels), but is slightly stronger TP-wise than Daisy and Dianthus, and slightly weaker than Bridal Oncidium. Probably about mid-tier as far as rainbows go, for the moment (she doesn't have a Bloomed form yet), but she does have AOE, so there's that.

@Myrdin: That's a ton of bullshit you've posted for seemingly no reason. I've never been one to mince words when I see stupidity on this board or the next, but just because I'm an asshole about it, has anything I posted actually been factually wrong?

I went out of my way to post a bunch of anecdotes of how DMM's gifts are handled, or examples of *actual P2W games*, and people weren't appreciative of either.

If this was a debate purely on feelings, I'd have left it alone. But no, you have people saying the equivalent of "it'd be better off if everyone got the same lump of coal and not just me" or "FKG ignores its free playerbase", the former being a grossly spiteful statement to anyone who lucked out, and the latter being a completely false statement.

You claim this was a piss-poor move by Nutaku. You have not provided any arguments as to how DMM would've handled this better. Because as we all know, DMM is even more generous than Nutaku, so surely they'd have found a way to please its playerbase better than Nutaku, right? But no, all I see is a bunch of babies not being appreciative of a completely unexpected gift with rates beyond what DMM normally offers and just being plain spiteful in general, despite not actually offering alternatives that *would* please everyone more than they already are.

Apparently DMM FKG just got their first Xmas presents. A Secret Gift and a Gold Skillbloom. Wow, so much better than what we got. I bet they're rioting over how much better our present is. Ah, sarcasm, so lovely. But apparently it's a five-day campaign and they'll be getting better stuff for New Year's + anniversary, so time will tell if they match or exceed our gift.

Mitoru
12-24-2016, 01:43 PM
Any good? I have no clue...

She's far from the best but it's not like she's horrible. Also 6* is a 6*. The first ability is very solid.

Dorei0sama
12-24-2016, 02:05 PM
I dont complain about this event but still i still felt disappointed when i draw a gold fkg. It's way much better if they also offer 10$ deal that is what i truly want for Christmas present. And by the way Eab1990, The difference between DMM fkg and Nutaku fkg is language and we cant complain in Japanese. Lol Japanese people must feel pissed off with that small present.

Insany
12-24-2016, 02:16 PM
I dont complain about this event but still i still felt disappointed when i draw a gold fkg. It's way much better if they also offer 10$ deal that is what i truly want for Christmas present. And by the way Eab1990, The difference between DMM fkg and Nutaku fkg is language and we cant complain in Japanese. Lol Japanese people must feel pissed off with that small present.

Where did you find that they were pissed off? Because they got 2 mini-events for chrismast and for us is a ticket.

fate
12-24-2016, 02:29 PM
Where did you find that they were pissed off? Because they got 2 mini-events for chrismast and for us is a ticket.

I think it would be very nice to combine both. Like a event that give a 6* ticket at the end or 5* you choose

Dorei0sama
12-24-2016, 02:36 PM

I dont understand Japanese so i dont know if we even have an ticket event ><!. I dont bother betting stuff in the last 2 days of event because i am racing to collect fg from campaign and other map (planning on doing gacha on the last day).

Insany
12-24-2016, 02:42 PM
I dont understand Japanese so i dont know if we even have an ticket event ><!. I dont bother betting stuff in the last 2 days of event because i am racing to collect fg from campaign and other map (planning on doing gacha on the last day).
I don't recall exactly who, but someone in this thread said the japanese were salty about Nutaku's 50/50 ticket gacha, but, I don't believe that (even if it was a 100% 6*). Because they got better for christmas.

jessejames93
12-24-2016, 02:46 PM
I pulled a new German Iris, i'm not salty though i'd have preferred a new 6 star. But im not very pleased with the 1 5 star from 10+1 pull i did the other week, Will there be any more christmas tickets?

Dorei0sama
12-24-2016, 02:59 PM
I don't recall exactly who, but someone in this thread said the japanese were salty about Nutaku's 50/50 ticket gacha, but, I don't believe that (even if it was a 100% 6*). Because they got better for christmas.

Yeah in long run, Dmm fkg is still better. F2P player over there got way more chance to get 6 stars. I just feel a bit mix bag about the event from dmm. There is a lottery for 1000 fg but i dont think i can get it.

I pulled a new German Iris, i'm not salty though i'd have preferred a new 6 star. But im not very pleased with the 1 5 star from 10+1 pull i did the other week, Will there be any more christmas tickets?
Nah there wont, but let's pray for another ticket :).

Eab1990
12-24-2016, 03:26 PM

Supposedly, 2ch users. I can't into moonspeak either though, so I can't easily verify.

And they're having their Christmas event now, and so far, all they got is:
http://is.4chan.org/jp/1482608095389.png

Are you comparing last year's Christmas? Yeah, we skipped Sandersonia's event for now, but that's coming eventually, so it's not like we're missing out there. Even then, we got Apple and Ivy early.

And apparently last year's anniversary reward for them was just a regular gold ticket (with no chance for rainbow). Something we got for the stamina glitch we got months ago.

Where are you getting the idea that they got better presents?

maotd
12-24-2016, 03:28 PM
Is there any time limit to use this ticket? I already got it from item list but still not used. And seeing all the bad luck in this thread, I'm not really motivated to try mine right now.

Eab1990
12-24-2016, 03:31 PM
Is there any time limit to use this ticket? I already got it from item list but still not used. And seeing all the bad luck in this thread, I'm not really motivated to try mine right now.

There's never been a time limit, to my knowledge, but supposedly, the pool doesn't expand from when the ticket was given out. I don't think that's verified though.

Insany
12-24-2016, 03:35 PM
Supposedly, 2ch users. I can't into moonspeak either though, so I can't easily verify.

And they're having their Christmas event now, and so far, all they got is:
http://is.4chan.org/jp/1482608095389.png

Are you comparing last year's Christmas? Yeah, we skipped Sandersonia's event for now, but that's coming eventually, so it's not like we're missing out there. Even then, we got Apple and Ivy early.

And apparently last year's anniversary reward for them was just a regular gold ticket (with no chance for rainbow). Something we got for the stamina glitch we got months ago.

Where are you getting the idea that they got better presents?

That picture you posted is not the full rewards, you get more than that. There were two mini-events where you get more than 30 FGs and 10 Premium gachas and skillblooms and presents and all the shit. The first mini event ended the second one still has 2 days at most.

That's where am getting the idea.

Eab1990
12-24-2016, 03:38 PM
Getting a surplus of FGs is the norm on DMM though. Can't really say that's a better Xmas present since that's literally an all-year-round thing for them.

10 premium gacha rolls? Eh. They still have to contend with regular rates though.

Dorei0sama
12-24-2016, 03:40 PM
That picture you posted is not the full rewards, you get more than that. There were two mini-events where you get more than 30 FGs and 10 Premium gachas and skillblooms and presents and all the shit. The first mini event ended the second one still has 2 days at most.

That's where am getting the idea.

Could you explain abit more about 10 premium gachas, i am confused right now?

Insany
12-24-2016, 03:43 PM
Getting a surplus of FGs is the norm on DMM though. Can't really say that's a better Xmas present since that's literally an all-year-round thing for them.

10 premium gacha rolls? Eh. They still have to contend with regular rates though.
Personally, I'd prefer DMM's rewards.

Could you explain abit more about 10 premium gachas, i am confused right now?
I meant tickets.

Eab1990
12-24-2016, 03:57 PM
Personally, I'd prefer DMM's rewards.

I meant tickets.

Your call, but that doesn't solve the RNG issue that people ITT are so hung up on. If anything, it just makes it worse.

Insany
12-24-2016, 04:01 PM
Your call, but that doesn't solve the RNG issue that people ITT are so hung up on. If anything, it just makes it worse.

Yup, just my 2-cents.
I'm glad they atleast thought about and gave us something.
This' christmas and we should all be happy with whatever we get.

Discoceris
12-24-2016, 04:32 PM
To answer your other question, Christmas Rose has a meh evolved ability (ignore movement panels), but is slightly stronger TP-wise than Daisy and Dianthus, and slightly weaker than Bridal Oncidium. Probably about mid-tier as far as rainbows go, for the moment (she doesn't have a Bloomed form yet), but she does have AOE, so there's that.

I do have Dianthus ... which makes it a grand total of 2 rainbows. I'm trying to reorganize my teams now that I have enough 5 star girls leveled up to replace my aging (yet still noteworthy) 4 star girls. I'm not sure if I can spare manyus for Christmas Rose, however... Thanks for your time.

Rampage
12-24-2016, 06:25 PM
I actually do not get why people could be unhappy with any Christmas present. It what the giver want to give, really can not believe some one give you some thing for christmas and you complain about it, quite frankly who gives a shit it's Random number lucky draw, its a FUCKING CHRISTMAS PRESENT. If you were my friend and complained about the present AND your complaint was about how some one else got better from me, i would take the present back and tell you to get stuffed! I think this has to be about how people are bought up, stuff to comparasions with DMM stuff the randomness IT IS A FUCKING CHRISTMAS PRESENT !

I will say no more about this, feel free to complain about christmas presents, say how it could be better, compare it to real life money purchases etc etc, but really if Nutaku, NEVER gives us another freebie i would not blame them.

Merry christmas to all, and if anyone from Nutaku is reading, i for one would like to say thankyou for the Present.
Now i'm off to get pissed, cause my Christmas party is started, and someone has to finished all the alcohol i bought

smr
12-24-2016, 07:11 PM
the thread went completely off topic that I cannot take it seriously anymore, hilariously so though

Soltrec
12-25-2016, 02:18 AM
Inb4 triggering...

Well, that's my 4th 6 star. The quest for a full team continues.

Distortedrealms
12-25-2016, 06:59 AM
I suppose I would be bitter if I didn't have two full 6* teams already, I have been lucky for a long while, getting a free 5* here is merely a nice addition to my collection.

Bayonet
12-25-2016, 12:35 PM
Didn't bother with a screen cap, but I did manage to get Victoria. I guess I just got lucky with this one.

AgentFakku
12-25-2016, 01:51 PM
Inb4 triggering...

Nice! I love Sakura.

Insany
12-25-2016, 02:21 PM
Inb4 triggering...

What the... ?!! Is that Windows 96?

Zandel
12-25-2016, 06:23 PM
Just going to put this here because some people seem to have no real knowledge about gaming.

The Term Pay-to-Win does not in fact require any form of 'win' to be true.
It's quite simple people, If you can pay to get something better, exclusive, faster or at a higher chance than you otherwise would have been able too, then it's pay to win.

ALL nutaku games are pay to win period. It's how they do business.
The amount of difference you get by paying can be very different tho.

FKG is an interesting P2W game because while the rewards for paying are indeed quite good they are not required to see / unlock all of the games content. This is one of the main reasons I still play this game even tho it is P2W.

Eab1990
12-25-2016, 06:36 PM
The Term Pay-to-Win does not in fact require any form of 'win' to be true.
It's quite simple people, If you can pay to get something better, exclusive, faster or at a higher chance than you otherwise would have been able too, then it's pay to win.

Again, that's not P2W any more than Overwatch is P2W. It doesn't matter if you get stuff faster if that stuff doesn't make a difference to anyone else. Cosmetics aren't P2W. No PVP means no P2W.

Unregistered
12-25-2016, 07:39 PM
With their 3rd and 4th 6*s each from the Christmas gift tickets (Flowering Peach and Ionocidium), my alt accounts continued their tradition of showing up my main account, which continues to be denied even a single 6* after playing every single day since launch. The main did get a new Japanese Iris, though, so it's not all bad.

Thanks for the gifts, Nutaku!

DMAsh
12-25-2016, 09:00 PM
I really want to appreciate this gift ticket, I really do. It's just that when you get a dupe, get told that you're gonna get the same girl every draw like it's some sort of bug, and the fact that you only have like 2% of the girls in the entire pool, the frustration and disappointment goes up to eleven.

Kind of makes me want to ask if I can trade in the dupe for 5 FGs, like how some people include the receipt with their present so the receiver can got to the store to exchange it if something's wrong with it.

fate
12-25-2016, 09:22 PM
What the... ?!! Is that Windows 96?

It looks like win 7 with minimum graphic option to priotize performance

Soltrec
12-26-2016, 01:01 AM
It looks like win 7 with minimum graphic option to priotize performance

Indeed it is. :o

Unregistered
12-26-2016, 01:06 AM
I actually do not get why people could be unhappy with any Christmas present. It what the giver want to give, really can not believe some one give you some thing for christmas and you complain about it, quite frankly who gives a shit it's Random number lucky draw, its a FUCKING CHRISTMAS PRESENT. If you were my friend and complained about the present AND your complaint was about how some one else got better from me, i would take the present back and tell you to get stuffed! I think this has to be about how people are bought up, stuff to comparasions with DMM stuff the randomness IT IS A FUCKING CHRISTMAS PRESENT !

I'd compare this to a scenario where you have a 50-50 chance of winning $1000 or $10000. (Not a one-to-one comparison, but just go with it.) It doesn't make much sense to have two prizes that definitely have a value gap be equally obtainable. I'd refer back to the Bride Oncidium ticket earlier this year: it made more sense that the better prize (Bride Oncidium, who was a 6*) had a lower chance (20% for her, 80% for all 5* at that point). Plus, it makes it unfair to everyone who got the lesser of the two prizes simply because luck=no. Yes, by themselves, free gift is free, and free is always nice. But when you throw in the possibility that you could've gotten something better, it just feels like they're waving that better gift in our faces and saying "git lucky scrub", and that's what leaves the bad taste in all of this.

As for the comparison to real life, you can't really compare this to real-life Christmas presents. Whoever's getting you presents can get you literally ANYTHING. Unless the gifter is extremely predictable (or you've already seen your present ahead of time for some reason), you don't know what you're going to get. Not to mention that some people will treat different gifts and presents with differing values. Heck, I'll treat getting Pokemon Moon with the same amount of appreciation as I would an Alolan Exeggutor shirt (or any meme shirt). While in FKG, this is a very lottery-based present, you know what you could get/could've gotten, plus, as explained earlier, there's a clear (and not to mention large) value gap between your potential gifts.

Zandel
12-26-2016, 06:45 PM
Again, that's not P2W any more than Overwatch is P2W. It doesn't matter if you get stuff faster if that stuff doesn't make a difference to anyone else. Cosmetics aren't P2W. No PVP means no P2W.

Once again showing your lack of knowledge. FKG allows you to access GAME CONTENT not just cosmetics MUCH faster if you PAY real money. That, by definition, is PAY-TO-WIN!

Drip
12-26-2016, 07:14 PM
Once again showing your lack of knowledge. FKG allows you to access GAME CONTENT not just cosmetics MUCH faster if you PAY real money. That, by definition, is PAY-TO-WIN!
What game content which is not cosmetic exactly? Any player can reach "capable of clearing any map" state within a month. The biggest hurdles to take are manyus and gold, to level up a couple of 3* and 4* girls. That's all it takes to progress in the game. Spending money to get more 5* and 6* girls won't make a difference, they only take the place of the 3* and 4* girls when wondering "what to level up", but hardly (if at all) make the game progress faster. Every manyu they spend on leveling a 5* is NOT spent on leveling a 2*, 3* or 4*, while someone who doesn't have that 5* will level a 2*, 3* or 4* instead.

Dorei0sama
12-26-2016, 07:42 PM
What game content which is not cosmetic exactly? Any player can reach "capable of clearing any map" state within a month. The biggest hurdles to take are manyus and gold, to level up a couple of 3* and 4* girls. That's all it takes to progress in the game. Spending money to get more 5* and 6* girls won't make a difference, they only take the place of the 3* and 4* girls when wondering "what to level up", but hardly (if at all) make the game progress faster. Every manyu they spend on leveling a 5* is NOT spent on leveling a 2*, 3* or 4*, while someone who doesn't have that 5* will level a 2*, 3* or 4* instead.

Arguing if fkg is a p2w game is like discussion if league of legend (a f2p moba game) is a p2w game. In lol, every champion and rune can be buy though game money. However, you can shorten the process of getting those by using real money, that makes the a p2w game. In fkg, although the map is easy to clear even with 3* and 4* star girl, 6 * are stronger than any fkg and harder to get and can easily be obtained by using real money, that make this game a p2w game.

Eab1990
12-26-2016, 10:48 PM
There's really no helping you guys at this point. If you can't see how rainbows, or even gacha golds, are not required for you to enjoy this game to the fullest (barring waifuism, hence "pay to waifu" for the umpteenth time), then you should probably move to other mobage and see how shitty those get without paying.

warf
12-27-2016, 01:22 AM
fkg is p2w. That doesn't mean that we don't want to play it, or that p2w is a "bad" thing. But fkg is p2w.

Rupturez
12-27-2016, 02:27 AM
Arguing if fkg is a p2w game is like discussion if league of legend (a f2p moba game) is a p2w game. In lol, every champion and rune can be buy though game money. However, you can shorten the process of getting those by using real money, that makes the a p2w game. In fkg, although the map is easy to clear even with 3* and 4* star girl, 6 * are stronger than any fkg and harder to get and can easily be obtained by using real money, that make this game a p2w game.

I think it's already very much debatable if league is a p2w game, but even if it is it's insanity to compare it to fkg.
League of legends its gameplay is entirely based around PvP, every single aspect. In FKG there is zero nada.

Let me ask you guys, do you consider dungeon defenders is a p2w game? Dungeon defenders is a tower defense in which players stop npcs from destroying their crystal by building towers with a champion. The towers you can make are based on the champion you play. The standard "free" champions (you have to buy the basic game after all) can clear every content in the game, but some champions need to be bought with DLC to use. Do you consider this p2w, or is it simpely paying for more gameplay options?

Dorei0sama
12-27-2016, 03:27 AM
I think it's already very much debatable if league is a p2w game, but even if it is it's insanity to compare it to fkg.
League of legends it's gameplay is entirely based around PvP, every single aspect. In FKG there is zero nada.

Let me ask you guys, do you consider dungeon defenders is a p2w game? Dungeon defenders is a tower defense in which players stop npcs from destroying their crystal by building towers with a champion. The towers you can make are based on the champion you play. The standard "free" champions (you have to buy the basic game after all) can clear every content in the game, but some champions need to be bought with DLC to use. Do you consider this p2w, or is it simpely paying for more gameplay options?

Game like candy crush is also debatable to be p2w, people buy boosting item to win a stage. It's paying some item to win. I havent play dungeon defender but if you buy a new character that affect gameplay - making it easier to kill the bot, then it's pay to win.

End note, FKG is enjoyable because i like character design.

Myrdin
12-27-2016, 04:00 AM
As someone who playes LoL (League of Legends) since it was first launched as Beta, and kept playing it ever since up to this point, also being someone who spend considerable amount of money on that game I can attest to one thing.

League of Legends is NOT a pay to win game.
No matter how much money you spend, there is no way for that money to be translated into any real ingame effect.
In all actuallity - what most people spend their hard earned money on is different skins for their favored champions. Some just change the coloring and mesh effect, others more expensive completely make that hero feel different in the terms of looks, changing every single particle, spell effect, and even voiced lines of that champion.
However - no matter how expensive the skin - it does not boost the champion in any tangible way, there is literally ZERO stat increase, or change to his powers/spells. It is purely cosmetic thing.
A person without a skin can often times than not beat the living shit of an opponent who has the most expensive skin possible for the champion he/she is playing.

The other thing you can use your money for is ingame items like Summoner page, Runes, player Icons, Ward skins etc.
Now in the case of the first two, one might argue that its P2W to purchase those. However LoL utilizes a very specific system of meta knowledge. You level your own account, and Inside the match itself you level your champion, why I mention this ? For those who play the game may already know where are I am going with this.
Even a complete "whale" that starts playing the game, buys bunch of rune pages for their account and all the runes - will be in the end not muc stronger than a F2P player. In all honesty the difference is so small that its practically negligible.

LoL is a game of skill, and demands hours and hours of training. Depending on how many champions you play and wanna play on a certain skill level, those hours spend training can be easily multiplied. Paying money nets you absolutely ZERO, since if you dont actually play both that chosen champion and the game itself enough, no matter how much you pay, the game wont make it any easier for you, not even the tiniest bit.

All of those things can be purchased with the ingame currency given enough time spend farming. However unless you level up your account, and learn to play the champion you wish to play, no matter amount of money can help you.
A wealthy but noob Zed player will always be a shit Zed player (Zed being a champion with rather high skill cap to play).
So NO LoL is not a P2W game. Everyone can gain access to everything, and spending money to unlock the champion means nothing if you cannot play that champion properly (unlike FKG, you have to actually PLAY the champion, there is no "auto battle" thing in a MOBA type of a game).
Another example is Black Desert Online - you can spend ludicrous amount of money on in game items, that have zero actual power value - all of them are cosmetic stuff from character equipment, to pieces of furniture used in player housing.

A good example of P2W game for example is World of Tanks, War thunder, etc. Only a paying player can get access to certain types of tanks, which are by far superrior to most thing that can be gained through grinding. They are not unbeatable, but you can be damn sure that if someone rides one of those beasts it will not be a pleasant game.
The game can and still IS played by F2P players, but investing real money can literally give you a multiple tiers higher advantage.
Same goes for MMOs that allow through expenditure of money, the purchase of vastly superrior equipment - weapons, armor, trinkets - that are on par, or slightly better, than the most powerful and HARD TO GET to items in the game.

So the thing to ask oneself when it comes to paying money for ingame content in terms of P2W is:
- Do I get a tangible boost to my overall power by purchasing this, or is it purely cosmetics ?

Thats the main question, that can be split in multiple lesser ones, but ultimately it always boils down to the "Do I get a bigger UMPF from this when I spend some dosh ?"

Zandel
12-27-2016, 04:57 AM

Stam / raid boss refills can be bought with RL cash and they speed up the game to an amazing extent. With enough money you could clear the game content in under a week. While it's true that anyone can lvl their girls and complete the game given enough time and while it's true that given enough time you could (with enough luck) gain all the girls in the game as well. The fact that Money makes it faster is what I was refering too.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats the main question, that can be split in multiple lesser ones, but ultimately it always boils down to the "Do I get a bigger UMPF from this when I spend some dosh ?"

And this is what Eab seems to miss, spending cash in FKG can give you more stam which translates into more girl levels hence more 'UMPF'.

Personally I don;t mind the P2W model they are using because it's really only for impatient people. For me i'll spend some dosh here and there on a few girls I like but for me it's about getting what I want not making the game easier / faster.

- - - Updated - - -

There's really no helping you guys at this point. If you can't see how rainbows, or even gacha golds, are not required for you to enjoy this game to the fullest (barring waifuism, hence "pay to waifu" for the umpteenth time), then you should probably move to other mobage and see how shitty those get without paying.

FYI I never said anything about rainbows or gatcha golds. I was just pointing out to you that FKG is indeed a P2W game by definition. I actually find it strange that you have so much trouble being able to see the truth. Guessing based on your name, you are 26 years old and thus should easily be able to tell that if you pay money into this game you will gain an advantage over others (thus P2W).

Eab1990
12-27-2016, 05:37 AM
None of what you said has constituted P2W.

It's already been explained a thousand times over how "making things faster" does not necessarily mean P2W.

Unregistered
12-27-2016, 09:47 AM
What does 'win' even mean in FKG? Whom would you have defeated? Nobody 'loses' in FKG, so nobody can technically 'win.' At most it's a case of 'haven't done XYZ yet, but everyone will eventually.' Playing FKG is a process, not a goal. You can set personal goals for yourself within the game, but that will forever remain your own invention and it will mean nothing to anyone else. If anything, the bars for achieving 'wins' against the software are so low as to be indistinguishable from normal gameplay. Yes, there are potentially frustrating RNG things about the game, both in gacha rolls and in random nodes that don't go your way all the time. But they aren't insurmountable obstacles that can only ever be resolved by Nutaku gold.

FKG is a fun timewaster with sexy artwork. There's no need to try to attach any competition to it. No competition = no win = no pay to win. It's 'pay to be convenient' at best...but in my book that's pretty much the opposite of winning.

IvanLedah21
12-27-2016, 10:14 AM
The problem is there is no SINGULAR definition for "Pay to Win" because it's subjective.

Some games like World of Tanks as mentioned by Myrdin there's a clear advantage to paying, to the point it's very difficult for F2Ps to compete. Most would agree these are P2W.

Most people would also agree purely cosmetic effects like Myrdin's description of LoL (or 99% of SWTOR's Cartel Market, etc.) do not constitute P2W since these have no gameplay effects.

However, in cases like FKG, there are two issues:
1) Convenience - Everything you buy in FKG could be obtained with sufficient gaming time. Does this constitute P2W, since you get it faster? Or does it not, since you can get it without paying, it just takes time?
2) There is no PVP system, therefore, how do you "win"? Is it even POSSIBLE to "P2W" if there is no competition in-game (beyond players being like "well I completed Ultimate Map 79 and you struggle with Moderate 12" which exists in EVERY GAME IN EXISTENCE to some extent)?

Since it is agreed that 5/6*s are not REQUIRED to beat maps in FKG, paying is not strictly required to win (even ignoring the fact you do get occasional gacha chances and event 5*s). Therefore, the two above factors, and how you view them, determine whether this game, and others like it, are "P2W" or not.

Zandel clearly determines P2W to include the convenience factor, and that the lack of PVP is irrelevant. EAB clearly has the opposite stance on both factors. Is one "correct" and the other "incorrect"?

To quote Obi-Wan Kenobi:
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view"

Eab1990
12-27-2016, 10:24 AM
I've already explained away the conveniences and lack of competition means the game is pay to waifu instead.

-You don't *have* to have a full set of rainbows or gacha golds.
-You don't *have* to max out your girls instantly.
-Having ~500k total power means nothing when you can clear most of the game with ~300k TP.
-None of the game's events (except for a really bad streak in gacha events like Monotropastrum) are so stamina-demanding that you must be level 100+ to hope to get a 5/4 event girl.

And once again, I already brought up how Aigis is much the same since most of the game's content can be done with all free units. Except free is highly subjective due to the sheer number of units given out vs. what's in the shrine, and it's obviously much more challenging, usually requires guide videos to avoid endless trial-and-error, and not having certain units can highly limit your freedom to improvise on the fly, should you screw up the timing of a map.

Aidoru and Zandel and whoever else don't want to see the distinction between the two, despite all arguments to the contrary.

IvanLedah21
12-27-2016, 12:35 PM
Stam / raid boss refills can be bought with RL cash and they speed up the game to an amazing extent. With enough money you could clear the game content in under a week. While it's true that anyone can lvl their girls and complete the game given enough time and while it's true that given enough time you could (with enough luck) gain all the girls in the game as well. The fact that Money makes it faster is what I was refering too.

- - - Updated - - -

And this is what Eab seems to miss, spending cash in FKG can give you more stam which translates into more girl levels hence more 'UMPF'.

Personally I don;t mind the P2W model they are using because it's really only for impatient people. For me i'll spend some dosh here and there on a few girls I like but for me it's about getting what I want not making the game easier / faster.

- - - Updated - - -

FYI I never said anything about rainbows or gatcha golds. I was just pointing out to you that FKG is indeed a P2W game by definition. I actually find it strange that you have so much trouble being able to see the truth. Guessing based on your name, you are 26 years old and thus should easily be able to tell that if you pay money into this game you will gain an advantage over others (thus P2W).

Point 1: Stamina/Raid Point refills are widely considered among the worst ways to use FG outside of last day of an event to make sure your event girl is maxed out. Speed up the leveling? Nice, but not necessary. Clear the game content in under a week? Why would you want to PAY to clear a game in a week and then be bored? Considering early levels speed by, by the time you've spent 10 FGs on stamina refills, you could easily be sufficient levels to clear most content, perhaps needing strong helper squads to do certain ultimate maps. 10 FGs, 15 at worst, is hardly in the realm of having to pay.

Point 2: P2W =/= Catering to impatient people, it means catering to people willing to spend massive money to get ahead of others playing, presumably because it gives them a decisive edge. If for you, it's about getting what you want, not making it easier/faster, why are you so hung up on FKG being a P2W game? Why does it even matter to you? I recommend you go look up some of the "worst P2W games ever" lists out there. While Hearthstone is mentioned by some people (I'm bringing it up because the cards you can get by paying are obtainable eventually without paying, like FKG), do note it is almost entirely based on PVP content. In fact, every game on those lists (maybe a rare exception here and there) is heavily/entirely PVP, which FKG has NONE of. Many people I know, including on this board, would call a game P2W when you pay to get ahead of people YOU ARE DIRECTLY COMPETING WITH (Nutaku's Pero Pero Seduction and to a lesser extent Angelic Saga are much more viable targets for the P2W label).

Point 3: "Pay money into this game you will gain an advantage over others" ...Right. Advantage over others when the biggest form of "competition" is your Friends List TP ranking. And that means how much, exactly? If there's no competition between players, I can't understand why P2W would even come up. Pay For Convenience? Definitely. Pay to Waifu? Obviously. Pay for Roster Completion? Of course. Pay to Win? Not seeing it.

Again, it's a point-of-view matter in the end, but trying to tell someone that your definition is "right" and he's wrong (and implying that he's stupid for not telling you your POV is right in that last sentence when I pointed out an issue with it in Point 3) is not going to get you anywhere, especially since you seem to be in the minority here.

Meister
12-29-2016, 01:55 PM
I just noticed I got the ticket so I rolled it... Got another Cattleya which im not complaining since it's a free draw. The only ironic thing for me is that I now have 2 rainbow which is of the same girl :D. I guess Cattleya really likes me then :D

Now struggling to decide whether to keep her or open the 2nd slot...

Zandel
12-29-2016, 04:44 PM
I've already explained away the conveniences and lack of competition means the game is pay to waifu instead.

-You don't *have* to have a full set of rainbows or gacha golds.
-You don't *have* to max out your girls instantly.
-Having ~500k total power means nothing when you can clear most of the game with ~300k TP.
-None of the game's events (except for a really bad streak in gacha events like Monotropastrum) are so stamina-demanding that you must be level 100+ to hope to get a 5/4 event girl.

And once again, I already brought up how Aigis is much the same since most of the game's content can be done with all free units. Except free is highly subjective due to the sheer number of units given out vs. what's in the shrine, and it's obviously much more challenging, usually requires guide videos to avoid endless trial-and-error, and not having certain units can highly limit your freedom to improvise on the fly, should you screw up the timing of a map.

Aidoru and Zandel and whoever else don't want to see the distinction between the two, despite all arguments to the contrary.

Just because you decide to make up a new term yourself does not mean it actually exists. 'Pay-to-Waifu' is just another way of saying Pay-to-Win no matter how stupid you want to be about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Point 1: Stamina/Raid Point refills are widely considered among the worst ways to use FG outside of last day of an event to make sure your event girl is maxed out. Speed up the leveling? Nice, but not necessary. Clear the game content in under a week? Why would you want to PAY to clear a game in a week and then be bored? Considering early levels speed by, by the time you've spent 10 FGs on stamina refills, you could easily be sufficient levels to clear most content, perhaps needing strong helper squads to do certain ultimate maps. 10 FGs, 15 at worst, is hardly in the realm of having to pay.

Point 2: P2W =/= Catering to impatient people, it means catering to people willing to spend massive money to get ahead of others playing, presumably because it gives them a decisive edge. If for you, it's about getting what you want, not making it easier/faster, why are you so hung up on FKG being a P2W game? Why does it even matter to you? I recommend you go look up some of the "worst P2W games ever" lists out there. While Hearthstone is mentioned by some people (I'm bringing it up because the cards you can get by paying are obtainable eventually without paying, like FKG), do note it is almost entirely based on PVP content. In fact, every game on those lists (maybe a rare exception here and there) is heavily/entirely PVP, which FKG has NONE of. Many people I know, including on this board, would call a game P2W when you pay to get ahead of people YOU ARE DIRECTLY COMPETING WITH (Nutaku's Pero Pero Seduction and to a lesser extent Angelic Saga are much more viable targets for the P2W label).

Point 3: "Pay money into this game you will gain an advantage over others" ...Right. Advantage over others when the biggest form of "competition" is your Friends List TP ranking. And that means how much, exactly? If there's no competition between players, I can't understand why P2W would even come up. Pay For Convenience? Definitely. Pay to Waifu? Obviously. Pay for Roster Completion? Of course. Pay to Win? Not seeing it.

Again, it's a point-of-view matter in the end, but trying to tell someone that your definition is "right" and he's wrong (and implying that he's stupid for not telling you your POV is right in that last sentence when I pointed out an issue with it in Point 3) is not going to get you anywhere, especially since you seem to be in the minority here.

Point 1: Never said it was a good idea just pointing out that it is possible.
Point 2: PvP or not you can get ahead of others with cash that by definition is Pay-to-Win.
Point 3: for first half see above response, for second part as I stated with Eab all those terms are just another way of saying Pay-to-Win.

Also I have not said that Pay-to-Win is a bad thing. Just stating the truth of the situation that this game is pay-to-win no matter how you want to argue otherwise. I find it strange that so many people take offence to it being that way, like pay to win is always a bad thing. When done correctly it's not, WoT is a good example for instance.

Drip
12-30-2016, 05:10 AM
Just because you decide to make up a new term yourself does not mean it actually exists. 'Pay-to-Waifu' is just another way of saying Pay-to-Win no matter how stupid you want to be about it.
I've seen this debate before in several places. https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/4ye9mi/pay_to_get_ahead_versus_pay_to_win/ is a good example of one.
Some people will always call it Pay2Win, no matter what, while to others, there are notable distinctions.

It's really the same thing as the term RPG. I still refuse to call any game from the Diablo series an RPG, they're mere hack and slash games making use of some mechanics commonly found in RPGs even though those mechanics are not qualifications for the RPG genre. Ofcourse, there's also people who are pretty passionate at categorizing Diablo III as an RPG.

IvanLedah21
12-30-2016, 05:39 AM
I've seen this debate before in several places. https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/4ye9mi/pay_to_get_ahead_versus_pay_to_win/ is a good example of one.
Some people will always call it Pay2Win, no matter what, while to others, there are notable distinctions.

It's really the same thing as the term RPG. I still refuse to call any game from the Diablo series an RPG, they're mere hack and slash games making use of some mechanics commonly found in RPGs even though those mechanics are not qualifications for the RPG genre. Ofcourse, there's also people who are pretty passionate at categorizing Diablo III as an RPG.

Good analogy. The fact is that in this case, similar to your example, Zandel considers collecting waifus to be "winning" (considering that's one of the core highlights of the game, I can understand that), thus if that's the perspective, the game is indeed "Pay to Win". Competition is not required in this definition.

Side Note: How about the Mass Effect series? IMO it's pretty much a shooter with some RPG elements, and not a true RPG (though it has decidedly more story freedom as well than the linear Diablo series)

Drip
12-30-2016, 06:51 AM
Good analogy. The fact is that in this case, similar to your example, Zandel considers collecting waifus to be "winning" (considering that's one of the core highlights of the game, I can understand that), thus if that's the perspective, the game is indeed "Pay to Win". Competition is not required in this definition.

Side Note: How about the Mass Effect series? IMO it's pretty much a shooter with some RPG elements, and not a true RPG (though it has decidedly more story freedom as well than the linear Diablo series)
While the storyline is pretty linear (just some small variations really), it does have the very important component of building your characters' personality. Which makes the Mass Effect series really a borderline case to me. It being a shooter is more of a game mechanics thing to me. The limited factor is mainly the few avenues available to accomplish goals. You have to clear event A, or event B simply won't happen, even though the causes of the two events are not directly related.

I'm looking forward to Andromeda though, the developers want to make that game a bit less linear and a little more open world again, making me hope they're going to include some timed events (even if that might cause some events to be mutually exclusive to the player because they happen at the same moment) to make the setting feel even more alive, and bring it yet closer to actual role playing.

Eab1990
12-30-2016, 07:05 AM

Just because you think I'm the only one who uses the term doesn't make it true.

nazrin992
12-30-2016, 07:21 AM

This really makes sense for this game. Indeed, owning more waifus is the road at winning FKG. You are winning by having more waifus than other people and by completing the album before next event got released, you won FKG at the moment!

Man, this reminds me of the time when Pokemon was all about catching them all, only to get a digital certificate at the end :| I will never do another pointless task ever again.