Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spading Snatch

Spading Snatch

Isn't snatch such a fun word to say? Let's find out whether it's actually worthwhile to have and use in this game.

To put this to the test, I've decided to run a regular episode stage and count the drops with and without the use of snatch. This is more ideal than an event run because an event conditions can't be easily repeated and results reviewed anyone wishing to confirm or dispute them. I'm primarily counting normals and rares because they drop in such quantities that differences become more significant. Gold and rainbow drops will be counted as supplementary figures, but I predict differences will be marginal that the results aren't as certain to be replicated by peer review.

For most precise variable control, the same team configuration should be for running the stage x times with and without snatch. Anyone who's interested can do the same thing and provide their own results; all you need is any gunslinger and the willingness to run the same stage repeatedly without snatch, and while using snatch an identical number of times for each run. You'd get the most precise results using a stage that drops more of discrete quantities of items, like a story episode or standard level daily. But the gold and rainbow drops from expert levels would cloud the data by reducing normal and rare drops without adding concrete enough comparison figures.

Unregistered Guest
    well i can beat the event with D´arc in the 20 Ap stage with 4-9 snatch stack on boss and got the gold chest like 90% of time
    but can´t use her in 30 Ap stage so i barely can stack 1-4 snatch with ex skill on other hero in boss and i must say that the chance of drop gold chest is very low there, like 40% sure there more silver drop in these stage , i wish i could 9 stack on her e.e

Credits
    Items Thread Title Style ChangeThread Title Style ChangeUser Name Style ChangeThread Title Style ChangeThread Title Style Change
    4 runs gave me 0 gold chests consequently while snatched boss for 8-9 times and used anzu, once.
    While:

To sum up, dmm veterans were right, snatch and anzu aint worth, go for d'art if you want her OPOP debuff, only! Otherwise she's as worse as Solomon. Actually, you still can use anzu to bait people who still believes anzu increase drop rates and use your anzu, thus get you more gems.
    Last edited by Ramazan; 02-27-2017 at 04:24 AM.
    Cosmic Shock League Friend ID: 1143d
    IGN: TrashPanda

CuntWars referral&friend ID: WSRBPS (use it to earn 3x big blue chests after completing tutorial and making it to 26th league)
    (for the love of God please use my code only as referral ID, not for friend as its already full)
    CuntWars guide&tips&trick thread
    CuntWars referral link for non-nutaku
    CuntWars discord server

Unregistered Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramazan View Post
    To sum up, dmm veterans were right, snatch and anzu aint worth, go for d'art if you want her OPOP debuff, only! Otherwise she's as worse as Solomon. Actually, you still can use anzu to bait people who still believes anzu increase drop rates and use your anzu, thus get you more gems.
    Behold! Double Anzu +7 stack snatch~!
    imgur.com/JkDgdt2

passerby Guest
    Snatch increases drop rate not rarity so whether you get gold chests or not via Snatch is irrelevant. It's still RANDOM. Someone could get way more with or without Snatch compared to another in a single instance or through the entirety of play because it's RANDOM.

Can never understand why some people try to get some analysis of RNG. In this game for example, without knowing any of the actual rates from Snatch as well as from each stage, you can't make any sort of analysis that isn't purely observational.

The point in people trying to increase drop rates is to increase their odds of acquire something they want but I forgot the dumbass min-maxers are everywhere these days.

Credits
    Items Thread Title Style ChangeThread Title Style ChangeUser Name Style ChangeThread Title Style ChangeThread Title Style Change
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Behold! Double Anzu +7 stack snatch~!
    imgur.com/JkDgdt2
    tbh, i expected something like a dia+2 gold chests XD

Quote Originally Posted by passerby View Post
    Snatch increases drop rate not rarity so whether you get gold chests or not via Snatch is irrelevant. It's still RANDOM. Someone could get way more with or without Snatch compared to another in a single instance or through the entirety of play because it's RANDOM.

Can never understand why some people try to get some analysis of RNG. In this game for example, without knowing any of the actual rates from Snatch as well as from each stage, you can't make any sort of analysis that isn't purely observational.

The point in people trying to increase drop rates is to increase their odds of acquire something they want but I forgot the dumbass min-maxers are everywhere these days.
    Sorry, the whole post of yours made no sense to me. Idc about an unregistered's opinions anyway.
    Cosmic Shock League Friend ID: 1143d
    IGN: TrashPanda

CuntWars referral&friend ID: WSRBPS (use it to earn 3x big blue chests after completing tutorial and making it to 26th league)
    (for the love of God please use my code only as referral ID, not for friend as its already full)
    CuntWars guide&tips&trick thread
    CuntWars referral link for non-nutaku
    CuntWars discord server

Unregistered Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramazan View Post
    tbh, i expected something like a dia+2 gold chests XD

Yeah haven't seen a single dia chest. I'll keep trying for double Anzu's anyway though just because. :P

Testimonials aren't objective tests, and 'observational study' is rife with cherry picking; both are prone to confirmation bias. I'm going to have to start a new thread to clearly define the objectives and methodology and hopefully cut the spam. You are all sure of your opinions, but they aren't informative even to you.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterE View Post
    Testimonials aren't objective tests, and 'observational study' is rife with cherry picking; both are prone to confirmation bias. I'm going to have to start a new thread to clearly define the objectives and methodology and hopefully cut the spam. You are all sure of your opinions, but they aren't informative even to you.
    Your arrogance, towards me and the community in general, is irritating. While you occasionally make valid points, your attitude makes it difficult to engage with you in anything but a confrontational manner.

Allow me to clarify your point here. The problem isn't with 'observational studies', which you seem to have so little regard for. You HAVE identified an important bias, which is termed reporting bias--in this case, the tendency to report only extreme results (e.g., a streak of no drops or a streak of valuable drops). Correcting for this requires selecting the subjects to be studied in advance, before the outcome (the drops they get) is known. You are correct that failing to correct for this will tend to result in biased anecdotal data that isn't useful. BUT if this is corrected for in advance, crowdsourced data can be a useful asset, and you would do well not to dismiss it.
    Last edited by sanahtlig; 02-27-2017 at 10:35 AM.

Unregistered Guest
    i just got apocalypse from a platinum box in 30 ap quest with 7 stack of snatch maybe it was luck but i want belive that was for the snacth

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast